PlayStation 5 | Pro Spec Analysis
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
I'm going to wait for the Playstation 5 to accrue a decent library, especially knowing that their games go dirt cheap two years into release. Without a gamepass-like option (PS Now is too bandwidth-hungry), I'm honestly just going for cheaps this time around. I'm just happy that I'll be able to play Miles Morales on my PS4 still. (I'm still waiting for Ghost of Tsushima to go on sale).
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
I'm going to wait for the Playstation 5 to accrue a decent library, especially knowing that their games go dirt cheap two years into release. Without a gamepass-like option (PS Now is too bandwidth-hungry), I'm honestly just going for cheaps this time around. I'm just happy that I'll be able to play Miles Morales on my PS4 still. (I'm still waiting for Ghost of Tsushima to go on sale).
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
(Sep 30th, 2020, 09:11 PM)Eric Wrote:
I'm going to wait for the Playstation 5 to accrue a decent library, especially knowing that their games go dirt cheap two years into release.  Without a gamepass-like option (PS Now is too bandwidth-hungry), I'm honestly just going for cheaps this time around.  I'm just happy that I'll be able to play Miles Morales on my PS4 still. (I'm still waiting for Ghost of Tsushima to go on sale).
I'm thinking Black Friday will do you wonders this year for Ghost of Tsushima going on sale.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Sep 30th, 2020, 09:11 PM)Eric Wrote:
I'm going to wait for the Playstation 5 to accrue a decent library, especially knowing that their games go dirt cheap two years into release.  Without a gamepass-like option (PS Now is too bandwidth-hungry), I'm honestly just going for cheaps this time around.  I'm just happy that I'll be able to play Miles Morales on my PS4 still. (I'm still waiting for Ghost of Tsushima to go on sale).
I'm thinking Black Friday will do you wonders this year for Ghost of Tsushima going on sale.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So about my post on switching out the side plates:

I guess it will be a thing even if not officially from Sony since this breakdown video they put out today shows those side panels just pop off pretty easily.
Also, thank god they made it easy to clean the fan system. More devices in general need to make it that you don't need to dismantle the entire thing just to reach the cooling systems to clean it out.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So about my post on switching out the side plates:

I guess it will be a thing even if not officially from Sony since this breakdown video they put out today shows those side panels just pop off pretty easily.
Also, thank god they made it easy to clean the fan system. More devices in general need to make it that you don't need to dismantle the entire thing just to reach the cooling systems to clean it out.
WR91 Offline
Casual
This is BIG! Awesome UI. Check it out for yourself.
WR91 Offline
Casual
This is BIG! Awesome UI. Check it out for yourself.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
That does look pretty good. Seamlessly going from one game into another, pausing and allowing you to return to a game as soon as you log in and being able to watch friend's gameplay as you're playing your own. Does make me wonder how disc games work though as it seem to favour having digital unless finally owning games on disc gives digital access. It's the only way I can see that working...
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
That does look pretty good. Seamlessly going from one game into another, pausing and allowing you to return to a game as soon as you log in and being able to watch friend's gameplay as you're playing your own. Does make me wonder how disc games work though as it seem to favour having digital unless finally owning games on disc gives digital access. It's the only way I can see that working...
WR91 Offline
Casual
A review/breakdown of the controller was released today. Check it out below!

WR91 Offline
Casual
A review/breakdown of the controller was released today. Check it out below!

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 18th, 2020, 04:41 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Likely the same as on PS4, so quick resume is only going to work for one game at a time unless you also own digital titles. Unless it will let you quick boot a game from where you left off once you put the disc in.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 18th, 2020, 04:41 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Likely the same as on PS4, so quick resume is only going to work for one game at a time unless you also own digital titles. Unless it will let you quick boot a game from where you left off once you put the disc in.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The other day I saw IGN made an article showing some of the custom work people have done to their PS5 plates and some of them are pretty cool! I'm a fan of having to link to IGN directly, but they have the pictures so...

The all black DualSense controller is sick! Same for the Spiderman plates.

There was also this other one themed around Mass Effect which was incredibly well done.

I haven't found any others but if anyone comes across any do share them! Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The other day I saw IGN made an article showing some of the custom work people have done to their PS5 plates and some of them are pretty cool! I'm a fan of having to link to IGN directly, but they have the pictures so...

The all black DualSense controller is sick! Same for the Spiderman plates.

There was also this other one themed around Mass Effect which was incredibly well done.

I haven't found any others but if anyone comes across any do share them! Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Some of those are looking really good. Cool to see what a black version of the PS5 and DualSense would look like and the Spiderman one is too, and the Xbox SX with the tiny Kingpin on it got me laughing. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Some of those are looking really good. Cool to see what a black version of the PS5 and DualSense would look like and the Spiderman one is too, and the Xbox SX with the tiny Kingpin on it got me laughing. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Anyone got a console in hand yet? How's your experience with it so far? Been seeing a lot of mixed responses from people and journos alike so wanted to hear from you guys Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Anyone got a console in hand yet? How's your experience with it so far? Been seeing a lot of mixed responses from people and journos alike so wanted to hear from you guys Smile
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I have not gotten one yet. As I've mentioned before, I tend to hold off for a good year or so before picking up a new console. Let some of those launch issues get ironed out before I join the party.

Although I'll be honest, I have been slightly tempted to pick one up sooner rather than later because I've heard the PS5 runs Genshin Impact like butter, with incredible loading times, compared to the PS4 Pro, and it makes me want one. That combined with how good the Demon's Souls remake looks, but alas, I must resist the urge and hold off for the betterment of the investment. Buying a new console day 1 is a risky move.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I have not gotten one yet. As I've mentioned before, I tend to hold off for a good year or so before picking up a new console. Let some of those launch issues get ironed out before I join the party.

Although I'll be honest, I have been slightly tempted to pick one up sooner rather than later because I've heard the PS5 runs Genshin Impact like butter, with incredible loading times, compared to the PS4 Pro, and it makes me want one. That combined with how good the Demon's Souls remake looks, but alas, I must resist the urge and hold off for the betterment of the investment. Buying a new console day 1 is a risky move.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think the only person here who has openly stated having a PS5 is @"Yuri", so I guess we'll all have to dogpile them for answers. Tongue

I expect I'll get a PS5 this time next year, when more first party games have come out so that my console isn't a paperweight between releases, especially right now with few games being released for it that interest me since the initial launch games came out.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think the only person here who has openly stated having a PS5 is @"Yuri", so I guess we'll all have to dogpile them for answers. Tongue

I expect I'll get a PS5 this time next year, when more first party games have come out so that my console isn't a paperweight between releases, especially right now with few games being released for it that interest me since the initial launch games came out.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Wondering how much longer the console is going to go in and out of stock like the blink of an eye? I feel like even the Switch started to become less scarce around 6 months after release when that too was being scalped to hell and back.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Wondering how much longer the console is going to go in and out of stock like the blink of an eye? I feel like even the Switch started to become less scarce around 6 months after release when that too was being scalped to hell and back.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Rumors are there might be more restocks happening tomorrow (Walmart) and Friday (Best Buy), with a possible Gamestop restock happening this weekend/early next week.

If any of these are true, maybe I can snatch one up. Normally I wouldn't be interested in picking up a PS5 this early, as I mentioned multiple times in this topic previously, but the release of the PS5 version of Genshin Impact, which runs basically like the PC version, has changed my stance on it. Helps that there are some games I'm super interested in coming out on PS5 as well already, like Scarlet Nexus and Tales of Arise. Usually it takes a year or two for some of the JRPGs I'm interested to start hopping over to the next gen, but it's happening a lot faster this gen. Even though both of these games are also releasing on PS4, it'd be great to play them on PS5 instead where the performance is going to be miles ahead of the PS4.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Rumors are there might be more restocks happening tomorrow (Walmart) and Friday (Best Buy), with a possible Gamestop restock happening this weekend/early next week.

If any of these are true, maybe I can snatch one up. Normally I wouldn't be interested in picking up a PS5 this early, as I mentioned multiple times in this topic previously, but the release of the PS5 version of Genshin Impact, which runs basically like the PC version, has changed my stance on it. Helps that there are some games I'm super interested in coming out on PS5 as well already, like Scarlet Nexus and Tales of Arise. Usually it takes a year or two for some of the JRPGs I'm interested to start hopping over to the next gen, but it's happening a lot faster this gen. Even though both of these games are also releasing on PS4, it'd be great to play them on PS5 instead where the performance is going to be miles ahead of the PS4.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Oh so I apparently didn't see this before my impression of the PS5 are basically its shiny and new but the biggest difference that I seen so far was faster loading times.

A few caveat to mention I only own PS4 games as most PS5 games have yet to capture my interest and my screen isnt 4k so there could be some differences there.

If you want to wait for the shortage to be over or a price drop you probably wont be missing much honestly. If your PS4 is dying and you have the opportunity to pick it up it's probably worth it in that case at market price.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Oh so I apparently didn't see this before my impression of the PS5 are basically its shiny and new but the biggest difference that I seen so far was faster loading times.

A few caveat to mention I only own PS4 games as most PS5 games have yet to capture my interest and my screen isnt 4k so there could be some differences there.

If you want to wait for the shortage to be over or a price drop you probably wont be missing much honestly. If your PS4 is dying and you have the opportunity to pick it up it's probably worth it in that case at market price.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PlayStation Boss Jim Ryan Stepping Down Moonface 6 745 Oct 3rd, 2023, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  New PlayStation Plus Tiers Announced Moonface 45 7,356 Sep 18th, 2023, 08:32 PM
  Sony to Retire PlayStation Plus Collection Moonface 1 592 Feb 1st, 2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Project Leonardo: PlayStation's new controller for players with disabilities aerodynamik 7 4,590 Jan 15th, 2023, 10:20 PM
  PlayStation Loyalty Program Announced Moonface 7 1,823 Sep 15th, 2022, 11:09 PM