PlayStation 5 | Pro Spec Analysis
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Well, even though I can't get a PS5, I'm now the proud owner of a PS5 controller at least, lol. My Midnight Black controller arrived just this morning, and I see that Sony has also gone the route of "fuck you, we're no longer giving you a charge cable with your controllers" route.

Oh well, at least it just needs a USB-C, which nearly everything uses now days, so I have tons of them around.

I have to say though, PS5 controller feels pretty good in my hands. Wasn't sure how I'd like it, but it's pretty nice. Don't think I like it quite as much as the feel of the DS4, but it's close enough. Now just gotta start actually playing games on my computer so I have a reason to use it until I get a PS5.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Well, even though I can't get a PS5, I'm now the proud owner of a PS5 controller at least, lol. My Midnight Black controller arrived just this morning, and I see that Sony has also gone the route of "fuck you, we're no longer giving you a charge cable with your controllers" route.

Oh well, at least it just needs a USB-C, which nearly everything uses now days, so I have tons of them around.

I have to say though, PS5 controller feels pretty good in my hands. Wasn't sure how I'd like it, but it's pretty nice. Don't think I like it quite as much as the feel of the DS4, but it's close enough. Now just gotta start actually playing games on my computer so I have a reason to use it until I get a PS5.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I didn't really notice much of a difference between the PS5 and PS4 controller at all, but I do think I do like the PS5 one a bit more. Though I am much more of a keyboard and mouse gamer than a controller game so I probably wouldn't notice much of a difference.

I hope you'll finally get your PS5 soon the odd thing about the shortage I was talking to another friend of mine that lives in Mexico and he says the shortage in Mexico isn't too bad they were apparently in stock on amazon for him...the sad thing is if you went that route you'd still be paying more because of the importation tax, but I don't think you'd be locked away from any games due to no region lock that I know of. Errm
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I didn't really notice much of a difference between the PS5 and PS4 controller at all, but I do think I do like the PS5 one a bit more. Though I am much more of a keyboard and mouse gamer than a controller game so I probably wouldn't notice much of a difference.

I hope you'll finally get your PS5 soon the odd thing about the shortage I was talking to another friend of mine that lives in Mexico and he says the shortage in Mexico isn't too bad they were apparently in stock on amazon for him...the sad thing is if you went that route you'd still be paying more because of the importation tax, but I don't think you'd be locked away from any games due to no region lock that I know of. Errm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 22nd, 2021, 04:30 AM)Monocle Wrote:
The dovetail dates didn't change. So they're getting the disc editions on the same day they were getting the digital editions so they had enough stock of both. didn't put any of it up for sale.

If you don't have enough of both, why bother putting only one? save up stock and prevent issues like this. The PR on this is horrible. It tells us they had stock and didn't choose to sell it.
Okay yeah, that's ridiculous then. I can understand maybe keeping a couple extra, in the event someone has a problem with their PS5 and needs to return/exchange it. On the bright side, Walmart would be losing money from holding out because this screw up means they had to give people the more expensive system for the price of the cheaper one.

As for the controller, I found it pretty nice when I held it, but I didn't really use it for very long to get a feel for how it compares to a PS4 controller when it comes to long gaming sessions. A lot of things can feel nice until you've held them for a long time and start to realise it isn't designed to be comfortable for that long.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 22nd, 2021, 04:30 AM)Monocle Wrote:
The dovetail dates didn't change. So they're getting the disc editions on the same day they were getting the digital editions so they had enough stock of both. didn't put any of it up for sale.

If you don't have enough of both, why bother putting only one? save up stock and prevent issues like this. The PR on this is horrible. It tells us they had stock and didn't choose to sell it.
Okay yeah, that's ridiculous then. I can understand maybe keeping a couple extra, in the event someone has a problem with their PS5 and needs to return/exchange it. On the bright side, Walmart would be losing money from holding out because this screw up means they had to give people the more expensive system for the price of the cheaper one.

As for the controller, I found it pretty nice when I held it, but I didn't really use it for very long to get a feel for how it compares to a PS4 controller when it comes to long gaming sessions. A lot of things can feel nice until you've held them for a long time and start to realise it isn't designed to be comfortable for that long.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
AHHHHH I GOT A PS5!

I didn't think I'd get one in the next year or two! I'm so fucking hyped right now!
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
AHHHHH I GOT A PS5!

I didn't think I'd get one in the next year or two! I'm so fucking hyped right now!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
CONGRATULATIONS NIGHT LORD! Grin

WOO! Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
CONGRATULATIONS NIGHT LORD! Grin

WOO! Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I can't wait to finally get to play Genshin on PS5. The performance different is massive and the PS5 version is much closer to the smoothness of the PC version.

Now I gotta go over to Amazon and order Demon's Souls so it'll arrive around the same time as the system.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I can't wait to finally get to play Genshin on PS5. The performance different is massive and the PS5 version is much closer to the smoothness of the PC version.

Now I gotta go over to Amazon and order Demon's Souls so it'll arrive around the same time as the system.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Congrats @Dragon Lord! Did you get it from Walmart or somewhere else?

Also since they're all included, are there any of the PS4 games that are available with an active PS+ subscription on PS5 that you intend to check out since you won't need to buy them?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Congrats @Dragon Lord! Did you get it from Walmart or somewhere else?

Also since they're all included, are there any of the PS4 games that are available with an active PS+ subscription on PS5 that you intend to check out since you won't need to buy them?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Nah, got it from Sony Direct. They're doing another drop today, and thanks to Monocle's sister, who received an early invite email, but had no interest in buying a PS5, so she passed the opportunity along to me, I was able to finally get a PS5. It was so awesome of her to do that for me, and I owe her big time.

And I might. I have no idea which games they are, so I'll check it out later once I'm come down from the high of the excitement, haha.

EDIT: Demon's Souls and the Nioh Collection are both on sale for $50 on Amazon right now. Almost like this was meant to be today.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Nah, got it from Sony Direct. They're doing another drop today, and thanks to Monocle's sister, who received an early invite email, but had no interest in buying a PS5, so she passed the opportunity along to me, I was able to finally get a PS5. It was so awesome of her to do that for me, and I owe her big time.

And I might. I have no idea which games they are, so I'll check it out later once I'm come down from the high of the excitement, haha.

EDIT: Demon's Souls and the Nioh Collection are both on sale for $50 on Amazon right now. Almost like this was meant to be today.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
These are all the games included in the PS+ Collection @Dragon Lord:
  • God of War
  • Bloodborne
  • Monster Hunter World
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Fallout 4
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Days Gone
  • Until Dawn
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Battlefield 1
  • inFAMOUS Second Son
  • Batman Arkham Knight
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Persona 5
  • Resident Evil 7

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
These are all the games included in the PS+ Collection @Dragon Lord:
  • God of War
  • Bloodborne
  • Monster Hunter World
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Fallout 4
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Days Gone
  • Until Dawn
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Battlefield 1
  • inFAMOUS Second Son
  • Batman Arkham Knight
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Persona 5
  • Resident Evil 7
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
The only game on that list that I haven't played yet that I actually want to is God of War, and I have that physically for PS4, which I've heard the PS4 version runs amazingly on its own, so I don't think I'll be downloading it on the PS5.

Other than that, nope, nothing on there that I want. In the cases of MonHun World, Bloodborne and P5, I already have them physically as well, so I'd just have to pop the disc into the PS5 to be able to play hem on here (and the only one I might do that with is MonHun since the PS5 reduces loading times by a lot and I have to still go back and do the Iceborne expansion).
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
The only game on that list that I haven't played yet that I actually want to is God of War, and I have that physically for PS4, which I've heard the PS4 version runs amazingly on its own, so I don't think I'll be downloading it on the PS5.

Other than that, nope, nothing on there that I want. In the cases of MonHun World, Bloodborne and P5, I already have them physically as well, so I'd just have to pop the disc into the PS5 to be able to play hem on here (and the only one I might do that with is MonHun since the PS5 reduces loading times by a lot and I have to still go back and do the Iceborne expansion).
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Congrats DL, what a good way to get one too! I take it you got the disc PS5 console. Now you can take the image out of your signature finally. Or when it arrives. XD Ooh, Genshin on that should be great, I'm slightly envious.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Congrats DL, what a good way to get one too! I take it you got the disc PS5 console. Now you can take the image out of your signature finally. Or when it arrives. XD Ooh, Genshin on that should be great, I'm slightly envious.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 24th, 2021, 01:29 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Now you can take the image out of your signature finally. Or when it arrives. XD
Nah, it should be edited to say "Here's where I put my PS5... because I have one!" and put a PS5 on the pedestal. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 24th, 2021, 01:29 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Now you can take the image out of your signature finally. Or when it arrives. XD
Nah, it should be edited to say "Here's where I put my PS5... because I have one!" and put a PS5 on the pedestal. Tongue
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It's funny you mention that Moon, because I actually thought of doing that... but I'm way too lazy to go through the effort of editing the image for that, haha.

So it will be here tomorrow! Unfortunately the delivery time is "By 4:30 PM" and I have to work at 2 PM, and it requires a signature, so hopefully it'll arrive before 2 PM, so that my mother doesn't have to stay up until 4-5 waiting for it so she can sign for me (she works overnights, so she usually goes to bed around 12-1 PM at the latest).

And yes Elite, I did get the Disc version. Digital only is a big no for me. Gotta have my physical collection.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It's funny you mention that Moon, because I actually thought of doing that... but I'm way too lazy to go through the effort of editing the image for that, haha.

So it will be here tomorrow! Unfortunately the delivery time is "By 4:30 PM" and I have to work at 2 PM, and it requires a signature, so hopefully it'll arrive before 2 PM, so that my mother doesn't have to stay up until 4-5 waiting for it so she can sign for me (she works overnights, so she usually goes to bed around 12-1 PM at the latest).

And yes Elite, I did get the Disc version. Digital only is a big no for me. Gotta have my physical collection.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 24th, 2021, 08:44 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

I got you fam!

I hope you manage to get the delivery accepted somehow. It'd suck if you missed out because of missing the signature. Sad

I think I might end up getting a PS5 by the end of the year. There'll be enough games by then that I'll want to play on the system to make the purchase worth it for me and until then I can try to finish off a lot of my PS4 games that I didn't do yet.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 24th, 2021, 08:44 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

I got you fam!

I hope you manage to get the delivery accepted somehow. It'd suck if you missed out because of missing the signature. Sad

I think I might end up getting a PS5 by the end of the year. There'll be enough games by then that I'll want to play on the system to make the purchase worth it for me and until then I can try to finish off a lot of my PS4 games that I didn't do yet.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, my mum was home to sign for the package, so it's sitting safely in my living room, waiting to get opened.

Also, yeah, I was surprised by how quickly games I actually wanted for the PS5 started coming out, aside from the greatly enhanced PS5 version of Genshin Impact. Normally I have to wait two or so years before a new console starts getting games I actually want, but the PS5 is already getting many.

Neptunia ReVerse, which has been waiting for a PS5 to get played on, Scarlet Nexus, Tales of Arise, Final Fantasy XVI (if it continues to look as good as the announcement preview did), Demon's Souls, enhanced versions of Nioh and Nioh 2... and more upcoming. Sure, you can argue that since games like Scarlet Nexus and Tales of Arise are also going to be on PS4, it wasn't a huge need for a PS5 to play those, but the difference in performance between the PS4 Pro and PS5 is so huge that it's going to make those games so much better to play on PS5.

Sweet! Thanks for doing the work for me. Will slot that into my signature right now!
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, my mum was home to sign for the package, so it's sitting safely in my living room, waiting to get opened.

Also, yeah, I was surprised by how quickly games I actually wanted for the PS5 started coming out, aside from the greatly enhanced PS5 version of Genshin Impact. Normally I have to wait two or so years before a new console starts getting games I actually want, but the PS5 is already getting many.

Neptunia ReVerse, which has been waiting for a PS5 to get played on, Scarlet Nexus, Tales of Arise, Final Fantasy XVI (if it continues to look as good as the announcement preview did), Demon's Souls, enhanced versions of Nioh and Nioh 2... and more upcoming. Sure, you can argue that since games like Scarlet Nexus and Tales of Arise are also going to be on PS4, it wasn't a huge need for a PS5 to play those, but the difference in performance between the PS4 Pro and PS5 is so huge that it's going to make those games so much better to play on PS5.

Sweet! Thanks for doing the work for me. Will slot that into my signature right now!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PlayStation Boss Jim Ryan Stepping Down Moonface 6 747 Oct 3rd, 2023, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  New PlayStation Plus Tiers Announced Moonface 45 7,385 Sep 18th, 2023, 08:32 PM
  Sony to Retire PlayStation Plus Collection Moonface 1 596 Feb 1st, 2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Project Leonardo: PlayStation's new controller for players with disabilities aerodynamik 7 4,593 Jan 15th, 2023, 10:20 PM
  PlayStation Loyalty Program Announced Moonface 7 1,827 Sep 15th, 2022, 11:09 PM