PlayStation 5
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS4) | Binding of Isaac (PC) | Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 11,474
Crash Bandicoot Horizon Zero Dawn (Shiny) Minecraft 
If I hadn't downloaded it by mistake at PAX I likely wouldn't know about it or have the app either. The only reason I really kept it was because it could receive captures from your consoles so you don't have to upload or transfer them directly from the console. I wish Sony would add more sharing options besides just Twitter. Errm
[Image: FragrantSorrowfulLeafbird-size_restricted.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If I hadn't downloaded it by mistake at PAX I likely wouldn't know about it or have the app either. The only reason I really kept it was because it could receive captures from your consoles so you don't have to upload or transfer them directly from the console. I wish Sony would add more sharing options besides just Twitter. Errm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact | Tales of Arise | Triangle Strategy | Bravely Second | Final Fantasy IV Pixel Remaster | Arknights | Azur Lane | Revived Witch
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, Vita
XP: 4,747
Hastune Miku (Shiny) Hastune Miku (Shiny) Hastune Miku (Shiny) 
Hmm, I might have to consider downloading it after all then, because I do like to share screenshots with some friends, but it's annoying to have to go into the settings on the console and upload them to Twitter there. Might actually be nice to just take the screenshot and open up an app on my phone and share it right away .
2022 Platinum Goal: 1/50 KEKW
Last Platinum: Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact | Tales of Arise | Triangle Strategy | Bravely Second | Final Fantasy IV Pixel Remaster | Arknights | Azur Lane | Revived Witch
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, Vita
Hastune Miku (Shiny) Hastune Miku (Shiny) Hastune Miku (Shiny) 
XP: 4,747
Hmm, I might have to consider downloading it after all then, because I do like to share screenshots with some friends, but it's annoying to have to go into the settings on the console and upload them to Twitter there. Might actually be nice to just take the screenshot and open up an app on my phone and share it right away .
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, the app is supposed to give access to all your photo and video captures, but despite me having all the settings enabled for it, nothing has shown up on it once for me. The workaround would be to upload it to Twitter, save it on there, and then delete the post, but that's a pain. Eh

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, the app is supposed to give access to all your photo and video captures, but despite me having all the settings enabled for it, nothing has shown up on it once for me. The workaround would be to upload it to Twitter, save it on there, and then delete the post, but that's a pain. Eh
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 23rd, 2022, 07:32 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Does anyone else here use the PS App with their PS5 at all? I have it from when I went to PAX and wanted to use it to have my captures on my phone but no matter what I've done nothing will be transferred by my PS5. I was curious if anyone else can't get it to work either. Hmm
So I figured out the problem. Captures are only uploaded at the moment of creation, so if you have captures from before you enabled uploading to the PS App there doesn't seem to be a way to re-upload them. The same is likely the case with re-uploading a capture that has expired in the PS App, since they only stay in there for 14 days. Sony should really allow captures to be re-uploaded. Eh

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 23rd, 2022, 07:32 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Does anyone else here use the PS App with their PS5 at all? I have it from when I went to PAX and wanted to use it to have my captures on my phone but no matter what I've done nothing will be transferred by my PS5. I was curious if anyone else can't get it to work either. Hmm
So I figured out the problem. Captures are only uploaded at the moment of creation, so if you have captures from before you enabled uploading to the PS App there doesn't seem to be a way to re-upload them. The same is likely the case with re-uploading a capture that has expired in the PS App, since they only stay in there for 14 days. Sony should really allow captures to be re-uploaded. Eh

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PlayStation Loyalty Program Announced Moonface 2 82 Jul 15th, 2022, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  New PlayStation Plus Tiers Announced Moonface 22 1,345 Jun 13th, 2022, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  PlayStation is 25 Years Old, PS2 is 20! Moonface 7 3,389 Mar 5th, 2020, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Karo
  PlayStation Classic Moonface 70 35,813 Aug 16th, 2019, 04:46 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Playstation Vita Monocle 5 4,542 Oct 2nd, 2018, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Monocle