Spyro Reignited Trilogy
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Spyro 2 and 3 of Reignited Trilogy Will Require Download
The second and third games of the Spyro Reignited Trilogy will not be on the physical disc, and must be downloaded, as reported today by PSU.

Meanwhile, Magic Crafters HQ on Twitter has reported that the pre-order bonus in France will be a 96-page art book, with content from Spyro's entire history: https://twitter.com/MagicCraftersHQ/stat...7624470530

Finally, the official Spyro Twitter page has released the first clear image of Moneybags in the Reignited Trilogy:
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Spyro 2 and 3 of Reignited Trilogy Will Require Download
The second and third games of the Spyro Reignited Trilogy will not be on the physical disc, and must be downloaded, as reported today by PSU.

Meanwhile, Magic Crafters HQ on Twitter has reported that the pre-order bonus in France will be a 96-page art book, with content from Spyro's entire history: https://twitter.com/MagicCraftersHQ/stat...7624470530

Finally, the official Spyro Twitter page has released the first clear image of Moneybags in the Reignited Trilogy:
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
It's no surprise to me, since most gaming companies have started to really push digital sales as of late, so knowing that the other two discs for Spyro won't be releasing is something I could have almost called. Still, it's interesting to know the dev team is going this way with it, in the end it saves them & us money in the end. (Or at least that's what they want us to think.)
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
It's no surprise to me, since most gaming companies have started to really push digital sales as of late, so knowing that the other two discs for Spyro won't be releasing is something I could have almost called. Still, it's interesting to know the dev team is going this way with it, in the end it saves them & us money in the end. (Or at least that's what they want us to think.)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So it turns out that the wording of "Spyro 2 and 3 require download" may have been misconstrued as meaning the full games. Game Informer reached out to Activision to ask if it was the full games or just a patch, but Activision didn't give a definitive answer. It being a content patch would make more sense and it was something the N. Sane Trilogy did for release also.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So it turns out that the wording of "Spyro 2 and 3 require download" may have been misconstrued as meaning the full games. Game Informer reached out to Activision to ask if it was the full games or just a patch, but Activision didn't give a definitive answer. It being a content patch would make more sense and it was something the N. Sane Trilogy did for release also.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
The best part of all of this, is that 2 & 3 requiring a download means that some day in the future, when the PS4's online services are taken down, gamers will no longer be able to play them.

Honestly it's a stupid decision and I'd rather than delay the release of the game. I'd take waiting a couple months extra over this. Not only is this bad for the reason I listed already, but this also locks people who don't have internet access out of being able to play 2/3 of it.

Shitty decision on their part, and kills a bit of the hype for the games.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
The best part of all of this, is that 2 & 3 requiring a download means that some day in the future, when the PS4's online services are taken down, gamers will no longer be able to play them.

Honestly it's a stupid decision and I'd rather than delay the release of the game. I'd take waiting a couple months extra over this. Not only is this bad for the reason I listed already, but this also locks people who don't have internet access out of being able to play 2/3 of it.

Shitty decision on their part, and kills a bit of the hype for the games.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I feel like if the games were unplayable without whatever the download will be, it would have to be explicitly stated on the box art as otherwise it would be advertising three games of which only one is actually playable out of the box.

I'd take a delay too if a little extra time is all that's needed to resolve the problem. Just give out a free demo of Spyro 1 that's a 1:1 of the original demo to tide people over.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I feel like if the games were unplayable without whatever the download will be, it would have to be explicitly stated on the box art as otherwise it would be advertising three games of which only one is actually playable out of the box.

I'd take a delay too if a little extra time is all that's needed to resolve the problem. Just give out a free demo of Spyro 1 that's a 1:1 of the original demo to tide people over.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Don't like the sound of Spyro 2 & 3 being up for download instead of on a physical disc if buying the physical version. Nor Activation avoiding Game Informer over the matter. Why not do what N Sane Trilogy did? Need more of answer for this so we know what's going on. Eh
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Don't like the sound of Spyro 2 & 3 being up for download instead of on a physical disc if buying the physical version. Nor Activation avoiding Game Informer over the matter. Why not do what N Sane Trilogy did? Need more of answer for this so we know what's going on. Eh
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dark Passage Gameplay Footage and New Screenshots
Make sure you keep the lights on as you watch this full gameplay footage of Dark Passage from the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, then take a look at some new screenshots from Spyro 2, and the first screenshots of Spyro 3!

My Thoughts:
I absolutely adore the appearance of Dark Passage, and the designs of the Dream Weavers dragons. There is one part towards the end where a green gem has clipped into the floor, so I'm hoping that bug gets addressed before release.
That Rhynoc from Cloud Spires looks so intimidating, and I like the added touch of his belt buckle being an image of the sorceresses head. Seeing the skateboard makes me excited to do those sections again, and I hope they showcase the official reveal of that with a video so we can see the skateboarding in action. =3

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dark Passage Gameplay Footage and New Screenshots
Make sure you keep the lights on as you watch this full gameplay footage of Dark Passage from the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, then take a look at some new screenshots from Spyro 2, and the first screenshots of Spyro 3!

My Thoughts:
I absolutely adore the appearance of Dark Passage, and the designs of the Dream Weavers dragons. There is one part towards the end where a green gem has clipped into the floor, so I'm hoping that bug gets addressed before release.
That Rhynoc from Cloud Spires looks so intimidating, and I like the added touch of his belt buckle being an image of the sorceresses head. Seeing the skateboard makes me excited to do those sections again, and I hope they showcase the official reveal of that with a video so we can see the skateboarding in action. =3
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Spyro Reignited Trilogy Delayed
Toys For Bob have announced that the Spyro Reignited Trilogy will be delayed until November 13th to improve the quality of the game.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Spyro Reignited Trilogy Delayed
Toys For Bob have announced that the Spyro Reignited Trilogy will be delayed until November 13th to improve the quality of the game.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Maybe delay it a bit more to release all titles on those disc's too huh?
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
Maybe delay it a bit more to release all titles on those disc's too huh?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The lack of an official statement on that matter makes me believe they don't have a concrete plan as to what the approach is. I see no reason why the delay can't result in the downloadable content being put onto the discs, since the later releases of the N. Sane Trilogy on PS4 came with the DLC on the disc as well as all the patches that were released prior to those copies being created.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The lack of an official statement on that matter makes me believe they don't have a concrete plan as to what the approach is. I see no reason why the delay can't result in the downloadable content being put onto the discs, since the later releases of the N. Sane Trilogy on PS4 came with the DLC on the disc as well as all the patches that were released prior to those copies being created.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
New release date is my birthday. Happy birthday to me! I'll have Amazon gift-wrap it so I can act all surprised when I open it.

As for taking this time to put all the games on the disc, I have my doubts. Would like to see it happen, but this seems more for optimizing the games themselves, rather than spending time to get them all on one disc.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
New release date is my birthday. Happy birthday to me! I'll have Amazon gift-wrap it so I can act all surprised when I open it.

As for taking this time to put all the games on the disc, I have my doubts. Would like to see it happen, but this seems more for optimizing the games themselves, rather than spending time to get them all on one disc.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
According to Activision there will still be some degree of a download on day one for the trilogy, even with this delay. So either the disc issue is going to remain, or they're just saying that because of the inevitable reality that is a day one patch for anything found after the game goes gold.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
According to Activision there will still be some degree of a download on day one for the trilogy, even with this delay. So either the disc issue is going to remain, or they're just saying that because of the inevitable reality that is a day one patch for anything found after the game goes gold.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Actually, Yong Yea says that a source told him that devs convinced Activision to delay Spyro Reignited Trilogy to Include All 3 games in disc. Here's his video about it:

[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Actually, Yong Yea says that a source told him that devs convinced Activision to delay Spyro Reignited Trilogy to Include All 3 games in disc. Here's his video about it:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Until I hear it officially, I'm not going to believe the delay will resolve the disc issue. Activision have made zero attempt to address it so far, and if delaying the game is to prevent that I feel they would've taken the chance to say it and get good publicity off the back of this delay that comes from the horse's mouth. It's also hard to believe it when this is also floating about:

I hope the delay is to resolve the disc issue, but for now I'm only going to hope rather than expect anything. I doubt the games were going to be finished properly for September anyway, since we're a month out and Spyro 3 footage has yet to surface. Considering the game has shown tweaks every time new footage surfaces, TFB are cutting it close to reveal Spyro 3 and address any issues raised while still getting the other content being worked on done as well before the game goes gold.

Edit: Judging from the video, if what is being said is true and Spyro 3 isn't even finished yet, then delay the game. Spyro 3 went out the door too early the first time around. Repeating that mistake 20 years on would look absolutely terrible, even more so when the worst example of Spyro being rushed out the door is Enter The Dragonfly which is notorious for how unfinished it was.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Until I hear it officially, I'm not going to believe the delay will resolve the disc issue. Activision have made zero attempt to address it so far, and if delaying the game is to prevent that I feel they would've taken the chance to say it and get good publicity off the back of this delay that comes from the horse's mouth. It's also hard to believe it when this is also floating about:

I hope the delay is to resolve the disc issue, but for now I'm only going to hope rather than expect anything. I doubt the games were going to be finished properly for September anyway, since we're a month out and Spyro 3 footage has yet to surface. Considering the game has shown tweaks every time new footage surfaces, TFB are cutting it close to reveal Spyro 3 and address any issues raised while still getting the other content being worked on done as well before the game goes gold.

Edit: Judging from the video, if what is being said is true and Spyro 3 isn't even finished yet, then delay the game. Spyro 3 went out the door too early the first time around. Repeating that mistake 20 years on would look absolutely terrible, even more so when the worst example of Spyro being rushed out the door is Enter The Dragonfly which is notorious for how unfinished it was.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, I'll wait until official word instead of trusting some random YouTuber who claims to have "a source." Reeks more of, "Hey, I know how to get a bunch of easy views!" more than anything.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, I'll wait until official word instead of trusting some random YouTuber who claims to have "a source." Reeks more of, "Hey, I know how to get a bunch of easy views!" more than anything.