Poll: Who would win in a fight?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Kratos
100.00%
1 100.00%
Doom Slayer
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Character Battle - Kratos vs. Doom Slayer (Fight #2)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I had this idea last night at work and thought it would be a fun concept to try out. Nothing too serious, and something with a bit more depth to it than just pitting characters in a popularity contest. ^_^

The Concept
  • Basically, two video-game characters get put into a fight, and you tell us who you think would win based on their abilities and any other factors that might come into play for the fight.
  • This is not a popularity contest! You're picking who would win, not who your favourite character is.
  • Any information that can be helpful to pick a winner or should/could be factored into the fight will be put below the two contestants.
  • There's no rhyme or reason to every fight matchup. It's just for fun, although you'd rarely see a fight such as Doomguy vs. Sackboy considering that's a pretty one sided fight no matter how you slice it. Wink
  • Want to suggest a future matchup for everyone to talk about? Just mention it in your post and we'll use it in the future. Smile
With the basics out of the way, I decided to just go with something simple for the first matchup:

Mario vs. Luigi
  • All abilities used in their game appearances are applicable, including power-ups — Mario's Powers & Abilities — Luigi's Powers & Abilities
  • Accessories such as F.L.U.D.D., Poltergust 3000, Cappy, etc. can be used but only by the character it belongs to.
  • Personality can be factored if you wish, such as Mario taking advantage of Luigi's cowardice.
So who do you think would be victorious, and if you want to get into it, how and why? Smile
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I had this idea last night at work and thought it would be a fun concept to try out. Nothing too serious, and something with a bit more depth to it than just pitting characters in a popularity contest. ^_^

The Concept
  • Basically, two video-game characters get put into a fight, and you tell us who you think would win based on their abilities and any other factors that might come into play for the fight.
  • This is not a popularity contest! You're picking who would win, not who your favourite character is.
  • Any information that can be helpful to pick a winner or should/could be factored into the fight will be put below the two contestants.
  • There's no rhyme or reason to every fight matchup. It's just for fun, although you'd rarely see a fight such as Doomguy vs. Sackboy considering that's a pretty one sided fight no matter how you slice it. Wink
  • Want to suggest a future matchup for everyone to talk about? Just mention it in your post and we'll use it in the future. Smile
With the basics out of the way, I decided to just go with something simple for the first matchup:

Mario vs. Luigi
  • All abilities used in their game appearances are applicable, including power-ups — Mario's Powers & Abilities — Luigi's Powers & Abilities
  • Accessories such as F.L.U.D.D., Poltergust 3000, Cappy, etc. can be used but only by the character it belongs to.
  • Personality can be factored if you wish, such as Mario taking advantage of Luigi's cowardice.
So who do you think would be victorious, and if you want to get into it, how and why? Smile
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I honestly feel like Mario has the advantage here he has access to far more unique gadgets then say Luigi does especially with Cappy it means Mario technically has access to far more abilities than Luigi ever could unless Luigi could convince Cappy to come to his side. Considering outside of the unique gimmick of various Mario games and Luigi's mansion they have access to all the same power up, but due to the fact that Luigi has a higher jumping ability.

Personality wise I'm not really going to factor that in mainly because I don't think Mario and Luigi would ever have a serious fight between them that would mean they'd go all out, but if it were to happen I am definitely going to go with Mario simply because Cappy basically allows Mario access to a bunch of power and as long as their is something for Cappy to allow him to take control of he would win. We also don't really know if Luigi's vaccum is waterproof so Fludd potentially could cause it to break.

But if we are to say do the fight without the the gadgets being used I think Luigi actually might come out in top Luigi higher jump could potentially put him over the edge to beat his brother.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I honestly feel like Mario has the advantage here he has access to far more unique gadgets then say Luigi does especially with Cappy it means Mario technically has access to far more abilities than Luigi ever could unless Luigi could convince Cappy to come to his side. Considering outside of the unique gimmick of various Mario games and Luigi's mansion they have access to all the same power up, but due to the fact that Luigi has a higher jumping ability.

Personality wise I'm not really going to factor that in mainly because I don't think Mario and Luigi would ever have a serious fight between them that would mean they'd go all out, but if it were to happen I am definitely going to go with Mario simply because Cappy basically allows Mario access to a bunch of power and as long as their is something for Cappy to allow him to take control of he would win. We also don't really know if Luigi's vaccum is waterproof so Fludd potentially could cause it to break.

But if we are to say do the fight without the the gadgets being used I think Luigi actually might come out in top Luigi higher jump could potentially put him over the edge to beat his brother.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've been trying to decide if Mario using Cappy to possess Luigi would work or not. Mario would be able to completely control Luigi to get him to hurt himself however he wants, but in Odyssey anything you possess lowers Mario's health when you take damage, so anything Mario does to Luigi would be reflected upon himself.

Poltergust is probably useless because I doubt it can suck up a physical being. Ghosts can change shape and form to go down the tube, Mario can't.

F.L.U.D.D. is useful only if Mario wants to drown Luigi via waterboarding. However if Luigi used his electrical powers, the water in F.L.U.D.D. would conduct it and send it to Mario in a way that he wouldn't be able to dodge it without removing F.L.U.D.D. which would probably take too long to do before the electric reached him.

I think Mario might come out on top since his Wiki page says he has superhuman strength, which Luigi lacks. That alone would let Mario deal more damage to Luigi and might give him more endurance too. If he has the ability to become metal but Luigi can't (I'm not going to count external Smash abilities and power-ups in this), then Luigi really wouldn't stand a chance if Mario got his hands on him.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've been trying to decide if Mario using Cappy to possess Luigi would work or not. Mario would be able to completely control Luigi to get him to hurt himself however he wants, but in Odyssey anything you possess lowers Mario's health when you take damage, so anything Mario does to Luigi would be reflected upon himself.

Poltergust is probably useless because I doubt it can suck up a physical being. Ghosts can change shape and form to go down the tube, Mario can't.

F.L.U.D.D. is useful only if Mario wants to drown Luigi via waterboarding. However if Luigi used his electrical powers, the water in F.L.U.D.D. would conduct it and send it to Mario in a way that he wouldn't be able to dodge it without removing F.L.U.D.D. which would probably take too long to do before the electric reached him.

I think Mario might come out on top since his Wiki page says he has superhuman strength, which Luigi lacks. That alone would let Mario deal more damage to Luigi and might give him more endurance too. If he has the ability to become metal but Luigi can't (I'm not going to count external Smash abilities and power-ups in this), then Luigi really wouldn't stand a chance if Mario got his hands on him.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
But Moony what you aren't thinking about is Mario could possess Luigi and get him to forfeit the fight easy win! Wink

I also just assume Luigi has super human strength too because the Wiki might not say so, but has their ever been a case of Luigi not being able to lift something that Mario can?
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
But Moony what you aren't thinking about is Mario could possess Luigi and get him to forfeit the fight easy win! Wink

I also just assume Luigi has super human strength too because the Wiki might not say so, but has their ever been a case of Luigi not being able to lift something that Mario can?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 22nd, 2019, 12:23 AM)Yuri Wrote:

I'd say that if there has never been evidence of Luigi lifting things equivalent to what Mario can, i.e. Bowser, then there's no definitive proof of Luigi's strength matching Mario's to accurately take it into account.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 22nd, 2019, 12:23 AM)Yuri Wrote:

I'd say that if there has never been evidence of Luigi lifting things equivalent to what Mario can, i.e. Bowser, then there's no definitive proof of Luigi's strength matching Mario's to accurately take it into account.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Mario's general abilities, like power/strength, speed and endurance is usually depicted better than Luigi, which I think in the end even with power ups will decide the victor. For strength I believe the difference was first shown in Super Mario Bros. 2.
Luigi may have higher jumping ability, so he could evade that way and slow himself from falling but I think that's all he has going for him. I'm not sure if Luigi can do those triple jumps Mario can do when he lands and immediately leaps again for a succession of two more better jumps. I assume it's possible from Super Mario 64, but if anything Mario can Wall Jump and Luigi can't.

Anyway, as power ups go, we've Mario with more from the games he's been in, Luigi has some similar and some Mario can't use but don't see how those will cause Mario too much trouble. I suppose if Mario has no power up in an instance of the fight and Luigi does, it's possible Luigi could win, but would take longer to defeat Mario than if it was vice-versa.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Mario's general abilities, like power/strength, speed and endurance is usually depicted better than Luigi, which I think in the end even with power ups will decide the victor. For strength I believe the difference was first shown in Super Mario Bros. 2.
Luigi may have higher jumping ability, so he could evade that way and slow himself from falling but I think that's all he has going for him. I'm not sure if Luigi can do those triple jumps Mario can do when he lands and immediately leaps again for a succession of two more better jumps. I assume it's possible from Super Mario 64, but if anything Mario can Wall Jump and Luigi can't.

Anyway, as power ups go, we've Mario with more from the games he's been in, Luigi has some similar and some Mario can't use but don't see how those will cause Mario too much trouble. I suppose if Mario has no power up in an instance of the fight and Luigi does, it's possible Luigi could win, but would take longer to defeat Mario than if it was vice-versa.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well it's been a while, so I'm going to declare that it's time for another match-up! The end result for the poll between Mario vs. Luigi was 3-0 to Mario, so it appears he's the peoples favourite when it comes to smashing with his bro. Of course, you can still leave your thoughts on that match-up if you didn't do so yet. Wink

For the next fight, I'm just going to pluck something from the top of my head:

Kratos vs. Doom Slayer
  • All abilities used in their game appearances are applicable, including power-ups — Kratos's Powers & Abilities — Doom Slayer's Powers & Abilities
  • For the sake of not having this be horrifically one-sided and boring, don't just say the Doom Slayer would use the BFG and vaporise poor Kratos.
  • Although Kratos can use Atreus for assistance in fights in the latest God of War, for this fight he is by himself. Atreus can watch from the side and see if his dad is stronger than hell's dad. ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well it's been a while, so I'm going to declare that it's time for another match-up! The end result for the poll between Mario vs. Luigi was 3-0 to Mario, so it appears he's the peoples favourite when it comes to smashing with his bro. Of course, you can still leave your thoughts on that match-up if you didn't do so yet. Wink

For the next fight, I'm just going to pluck something from the top of my head:

Kratos vs. Doom Slayer
  • All abilities used in their game appearances are applicable, including power-ups — Kratos's Powers & Abilities — Doom Slayer's Powers & Abilities
  • For the sake of not having this be horrifically one-sided and boring, don't just say the Doom Slayer would use the BFG and vaporise poor Kratos.
  • Although Kratos can use Atreus for assistance in fights in the latest God of War, for this fight he is by himself. Atreus can watch from the side and see if his dad is stronger than hell's dad. ROFL

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character Deaths Moonface 2 146 Feb 18th, 2024, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Main Character of the Last Game You Played is Coming to Kill You... Moonface 13 8,111 Jun 30th, 2020, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Character Battle Nemomon 11 7,587 Oct 29th, 2018, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL