Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 

Metroid 4 was announced last year during Nintendo's Direct during all of the E3 hubub. No other gameplay has been shown, or information has been seen since.

Still, I hope this E3 we get to see something during this year's direct.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 

Metroid 4 was announced last year during Nintendo's Direct during all of the E3 hubub. No other gameplay has been shown, or information has been seen since.

Still, I hope this E3 we get to see something during this year's direct.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I'm honestly expecting to see something about it at E3 this year.

I don't know if I'll pick it up, but I remmeber trying a prime demo once at a store and it was pretty cool. Smile
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I'm honestly expecting to see something about it at E3 this year.

I don't know if I'll pick it up, but I remmeber trying a prime demo once at a store and it was pretty cool. Smile
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
...Um, technically, it's Metroid Prime 4, because Prime is a subseries of Metroid based around the titular Metroid (long story).

I can tell you my exact reaction when I first saw the announcement of that game; it's actually a very simple one, though confusing to most for some reason.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHY?! Metroid Prime is an AMAZING trilogy thanks to its simple, minimalistic yet deep and moving story-telling and great gameplay! The story was complete at the end of Prime 3; WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!

I suppose I'm just a weird person like that, but I think that any story that has a clear ending to its tale shouldn't need a sequel. Sure, you can have series like Die Hard and Mario that are based around the same characters but with different, vastly unrelated plots, but the key is that there is still a potential threat to those types of stories. There will always be a criminal for John McClane to arrest, or Bowser trying to kidnap Peach. But Metroid Prime clearly ended its story with no loose ends; the Prime Trilogy is over! DON'T RUIN THAT!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
...Um, technically, it's Metroid Prime 4, because Prime is a subseries of Metroid based around the titular Metroid (long story).

I can tell you my exact reaction when I first saw the announcement of that game; it's actually a very simple one, though confusing to most for some reason.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHY?! Metroid Prime is an AMAZING trilogy thanks to its simple, minimalistic yet deep and moving story-telling and great gameplay! The story was complete at the end of Prime 3; WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!

I suppose I'm just a weird person like that, but I think that any story that has a clear ending to its tale shouldn't need a sequel. Sure, you can have series like Die Hard and Mario that are based around the same characters but with different, vastly unrelated plots, but the key is that there is still a potential threat to those types of stories. There will always be a criminal for John McClane to arrest, or Bowser trying to kidnap Peach. But Metroid Prime clearly ended its story with no loose ends; the Prime Trilogy is over! DON'T RUIN THAT!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Maybe they won't try to reopen the prime storyline, but introduce a new plot to it?

It might be okay MCCT. Smile
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Maybe they won't try to reopen the prime storyline, but introduce a new plot to it?

It might be okay MCCT. Smile
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
No, that's exactly what I DON'T want them to do! "Metroid Prime" MEANS something in the series. There was a point to naming Metroid Prime 2 what it was. And with the ending of Metroid Prime 3, that meaning is lost unless they pull some BULLS*** that will make me want to defenestrate whoever wrote the damn thing!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
No, that's exactly what I DON'T want them to do! "Metroid Prime" MEANS something in the series. There was a point to naming Metroid Prime 2 what it was. And with the ending of Metroid Prime 3, that meaning is lost unless they pull some BULLS*** that will make me want to defenestrate whoever wrote the damn thing!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Isn't Metroid Prime 4 just a working title? I thought it wasn't confirmed to be the official title. Blink
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Isn't Metroid Prime 4 just a working title? I thought it wasn't confirmed to be the official title. Blink
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
If it is just a working title, then why use the Metroid Prime 1 music in the reveal trailer? Metroid Prime 1 had a very distinct theme song, and it's exactly the same as the one here. And each of the other games have their own variation of the theme song, so it's not like it could be mixed up for another game.

Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
If it is just a working title, then why use the Metroid Prime 1 music in the reveal trailer? Metroid Prime 1 had a very distinct theme song, and it's exactly the same as the one here. And each of the other games have their own variation of the theme song, so it's not like it could be mixed up for another game.

King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
I don't know, I always felt there was info lacking on the other bounty hunter characters introduced in MP:3. Also the ending felt a bit rushed, like we missed something going on in the background somewhere. I always had a feeling that ending was never quite what it seemed, dark Samus can't be defeated so easily. We've seen at least 2 iterations of her & I sort of felt the ending where she's defeated, might have been a tad overblown. But, that's my opinion.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
I don't know, I always felt there was info lacking on the other bounty hunter characters introduced in MP:3. Also the ending felt a bit rushed, like we missed something going on in the background somewhere. I always had a feeling that ending was never quite what it seemed, dark Samus can't be defeated so easily. We've seen at least 2 iterations of her & I sort of felt the ending where she's defeated, might have been a tad overblown. But, that's my opinion.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Metroid Prime 4 Development Restarting
A few days ago, Nintendo released an update video for Metroid Prime 4, in which they announced that development of the game is restarting entirely with Retro Studios now at the helm.

Shinya Takahashi Wrote:
The current development progress has not reached the standards we seek in a sequel to the Metroid Prime series. Nintendo always strives for the highest quality in our games; and in the development phase, we challenge ourselves and confront whether the game is living up to that quality on a daily basis.

We have decided to reexamine the development structure itself and change it. Specifically, we have asked the producer, Kensuke Tanabe, [to] work in trust and collaboration with the studio that developed the original Metroid Prime series, Retro Studios in the United States, and restart development from the beginning. By collaborating and developing with Retro Studios, we believe we can make this game something that will meet our fans’ expectations.

We did not make this decision lightly. This change will essentially mean restarting development from the beginning, so the completion of the game will be delayed from our initial internal plan. We strongly recognize that this delay will come as a disappointment to the many fans who have been looking forward to the launch of Metroid Prime 4.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Metroid Prime 4 Development Restarting
A few days ago, Nintendo released an update video for Metroid Prime 4, in which they announced that development of the game is restarting entirely with Retro Studios now at the helm.

Shinya Takahashi Wrote:
The current development progress has not reached the standards we seek in a sequel to the Metroid Prime series. Nintendo always strives for the highest quality in our games; and in the development phase, we challenge ourselves and confront whether the game is living up to that quality on a daily basis.

We have decided to reexamine the development structure itself and change it. Specifically, we have asked the producer, Kensuke Tanabe, [to] work in trust and collaboration with the studio that developed the original Metroid Prime series, Retro Studios in the United States, and restart development from the beginning. By collaborating and developing with Retro Studios, we believe we can make this game something that will meet our fans’ expectations.

We did not make this decision lightly. This change will essentially mean restarting development from the beginning, so the completion of the game will be delayed from our initial internal plan. We strongly recognize that this delay will come as a disappointment to the many fans who have been looking forward to the launch of Metroid Prime 4.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm very happy with the transparency and honesty of this announcement. It's interesting that the series is now being put back into the hands of the original creators of the series, considering we really had no idea what Retro were working on at all after their work in DK: Tropical Freeze.

It's unfortunate that the wait will be longer, but at least we know the game has a much better chance of being good than whatever was being put out by the multitude of creators working on the prior project.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm very happy with the transparency and honesty of this announcement. It's interesting that the series is now being put back into the hands of the original creators of the series, considering we really had no idea what Retro were working on at all after their work in DK: Tropical Freeze.

It's unfortunate that the wait will be longer, but at least we know the game has a much better chance of being good than whatever was being put out by the multitude of creators working on the prior project.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I won't be surprised for this to get a BotW launch where it'll be on Switch because it was originally intended to be (unless it comes out way after the Switch has been succeeded) along with being a launch title for the Switch successor.

I also hadn't realised it was two E3's ago that we last saw anything about the game. Gasp

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I won't be surprised for this to get a BotW launch where it'll be on Switch because it was originally intended to be (unless it comes out way after the Switch has been succeeded) along with being a launch title for the Switch successor.

I also hadn't realised it was two E3's ago that we last saw anything about the game. Gasp

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Metroid Prime (Remastered) queenzelda 3 757 Feb 22nd, 2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Metroid (Series) Moonface 58 11,585 May 10th, 2022, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Moonface