Yoooo everyone!
Daltonio Offline
F.K. .... in the coffee!
Currently Playing
Days Gone
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
XP: 115
Hey everybody, Daltonio here. Was sent this way by Sarah/Amalthea when we were talking about how I kinda got off the whole 'foruming' train but kinda missed it, she thought I might like this place haha. Figured I'd at least give it a shot. Hmmm, about me? I'm terrible at this. Well, my first gaming system was the Sega Genesis, followed by the Nintendo 64 but after that I've been almost exclusively a Sony/Playstation player, really becoming a fanboy around the time of the PS3 (not one of the obnoxious ones though, don't worry). If I had to narrow down a list of favorite games, LA Noire and Life is Strange would probably top the list. I'm one of those people that buys way too many games and then takes ages to play them. Currently playing Days Gone and MK11 despite being garbage at fighting games. And still addicted to Dead by Daylight.

Definitely recognize a couple of faces around here, look forward to Dragon Lord & I disagreeing with each other on every single topic LOL

Any questions, feel free.
[Image: MZ2K2ko.gif]

Daltonio Offline
F.K. .... in the coffee!
Currently Playing
Days Gone
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
Hey everybody, Daltonio here. Was sent this way by Sarah/Amalthea when we were talking about how I kinda got off the whole 'foruming' train but kinda missed it, she thought I might like this place haha. Figured I'd at least give it a shot. Hmmm, about me? I'm terrible at this. Well, my first gaming system was the Sega Genesis, followed by the Nintendo 64 but after that I've been almost exclusively a Sony/Playstation player, really becoming a fanboy around the time of the PS3 (not one of the obnoxious ones though, don't worry). If I had to narrow down a list of favorite games, LA Noire and Life is Strange would probably top the list. I'm one of those people that buys way too many games and then takes ages to play them. Currently playing Days Gone and MK11 despite being garbage at fighting games. And still addicted to Dead by Daylight.

Definitely recognize a couple of faces around here, look forward to Dragon Lord & I disagreeing with each other on every single topic LOL

Any questions, feel free.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Octopath Traveler | SSBU | MK8 Deluxe
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
XP: 432
Uncharted Rayman Tekken 
Welcome to UG, Daltonio. Thank goodness you're not a bot/spammer, as I didn't recognise your username, although you did use a capital letter. I'm on my phone and don't like using the ACP on it, well I'd rather not. XD

Cool you were recommended by A Amalthea though. Should fit in fine

Did you ever go back/play anything from the PS1/PS2?
[Image: Hazamasig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Octopath Traveler | SSBU | MK8 Deluxe
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
XP: 432
Welcome to UG, Daltonio. Thank goodness you're not a bot/spammer, as I didn't recognise your username, although you did use a capital letter. I'm on my phone and don't like using the ACP on it, well I'd rather not. XD

Moonface Offline
Am I a cute pussy? OuO
Administrators
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
XP: 821
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
Welcome to the community Daltonio! How are you finding Days Gone? I've found that reception to it has generally been a mixed bag with no clear cut majority towards bad/neutral/good feelings about it.
[Image: CTR-Sig.png]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Am I a cute pussy? OuO
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Welcome to the community Daltonio! How are you finding Days Gone? I've found that reception to it has generally been a mixed bag with no clear cut majority towards bad/neutral/good feelings about it.
Daltonio Offline
F.K. .... in the coffee!
Currently Playing
Days Gone
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
(May 15th, 2019, 10:44 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Not a bot last time I checked XD

I played the PS1 & 2 growing up as well, just not as much as when I really started gaming harder on the PS3. Was pretty much addicted to Kingdom Hearts as a kid so my PS2 def had some use.

(May 15th, 2019, 08:11 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Honestly I absolutely loved the game. But I'm a sucker for anything post-apocalypic/zombie related (the whole reason I know Sarah & DL is because of my past addiction to The Walking Dead haha). It does have some technical issues (lots of frame drops) but I had a lot of fun with the game and really got into the story. I think most of the average/bad reviews are coming from a place of being worn out of open world games and their formula. Because it doesn't really do anything new in that regard and I think some people are just over it and super bored of going around the map for collectibles, bases, side missions, etc.
[Image: MZ2K2ko.gif]

Daltonio Offline
F.K. .... in the coffee!
Currently Playing
Days Gone
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
(May 15th, 2019, 10:44 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Not a bot last time I checked XD

I played the PS1 & 2 growing up as well, just not as much as when I really started gaming harder on the PS3. Was pretty much addicted to Kingdom Hearts as a kid so my PS2 def had some use.

Honestly I absolutely loved the game. But I'm a sucker for anything post-apocalypic/zombie related (the whole reason I know Sarah & DL is because of my past addiction to The Walking Dead haha). It does have some technical issues (lots of frame drops) but I had a lot of fun with the game and really got into the story. I think most of the average/bad reviews are coming from a place of being worn out of open world games and their formula. Because it doesn't really do anything new in that regard and I think some people are just over it and super bored of going around the map for collectibles, bases, side missions, etc.
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 315
Minecraft Resident Evil Portal 
Heya Daltman! Glad to see you joined Grin Hope you have fun here!

I still need to give Days Gone another go. Hopefully soon Tongue What was your favourite part about it?
[Image: ldgamalthea.png]
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 315
Heya Daltman! Glad to see you joined Grin Hope you have fun here!

I still need to give Days Gone another go. Hopefully soon Tongue What was your favourite part about it?
Moonface Offline
Am I a cute pussy? OuO
Administrators
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
(May 15th, 2019, 10:05 PM)Daltonio Wrote:

Yeah, the lack of pushing the genre of open world games or doing anything new (although I don't know any other game that does the weather system of Days Gone) seems to be the most frequent complaint I see about the game. I think if it gets a sequel it'll be able to come out of the gate much stronger to more people as the ground work has been laid and the developers won't be making an open world game for the first time. I have the same feelings for Horizon Zero Dawn. It's not a bad game at all, but there are definitely aspects to it that can be improved and the reason they probably wasn't as strong as they could be is simply due to Guerilla not having made an open world game before and doing it with a brand new IP.
[Image: CTR-Sig.png]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Am I a cute pussy? OuO
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
(May 15th, 2019, 10:05 PM)Daltonio Wrote:

Yeah, the lack of pushing the genre of open world games or doing anything new (although I don't know any other game that does the weather system of Days Gone) seems to be the most frequent complaint I see about the game. I think if it gets a sequel it'll be able to come out of the gate much stronger to more people as the ground work has been laid and the developers won't be making an open world game for the first time. I have the same feelings for Horizon Zero Dawn. It's not a bad game at all, but there are definitely aspects to it that can be improved and the reason they probably wasn't as strong as they could be is simply due to Guerilla not having made an open world game before and doing it with a brand new IP.
Kyng Offline
Beginner
XP: 219
Persona 
Welcome to UG, Daltonio! I hope you enjoy this place Smile .

I don't think we've met before, but I'll look forward to hearing more from you Grin .
Kyng Offline
Beginner
XP: 219
Welcome to UG, Daltonio! I hope you enjoy this place Smile .

I don't think we've met before, but I'll look forward to hearing more from you Grin .