Currently Playing
AC: NH (NS) | LoZ: BotW (NS)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Hell's Bells
XP: 4,110
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
Xbox Series X Gameplay Showcase on May 7
Microsoft has announced that they'll be showcasing gameplay footage from Xbox Series X for the first time on May 7 at 8am PT, featuring games from third party developers and partners. Keep in mind that it is unlikely any first party content will be shown, judging by the choice of words Microsoft used.

I'm interested in this, not even for how Series X is but just to get an idea of what developers are going to do with the new consoles as a whole. Load times are going to be something I really want to see, because so far all we've had is comparisons for games on existing hardware. I want to see how fast games designed solely for the new consoles can load.
[Image: tumblr_picdhxmZg01r1fejho5_540.gif]
IN THE SUN, SLEEPING LIKE A BUM.
I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!

Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Hell's Bells
Xbox Series X Gameplay Showcase on May 7
Microsoft has announced that they'll be showcasing gameplay footage from Xbox Series X for the first time on May 7 at 8am PT, featuring games from third party developers and partners. Keep in mind that it is unlikely any first party content will be shown, judging by the choice of words Microsoft used.

I'm interested in this, not even for how Series X is but just to get an idea of what developers are going to do with the new consoles as a whole. Load times are going to be something I really want to see, because so far all we've had is comparisons for games on existing hardware. I want to see how fast games designed solely for the new consoles can load.
Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Hell's Bells
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
So in the wake of today's Xbox Series X Gameplay Showcase, the first box art seems to be out that gives an idea of how Xbox is going to be branding their games for next-gen:

[Image: EXbZOhbVAAAF4zt?format=jpg]

I forgot that they were trying to distance themselves from the idea of distinct generations, which is what they're going for here with just the Xbox logo at the top and then the compatible systems underneath it. My only gripe is the Optimised for Series X badge; it's far too big. Hopefully that's just because the actual box art isn't done and so they just made it large to fill some space for now.
[Image: tumblr_picdhxmZg01r1fejho5_540.gif]
IN THE SUN, SLEEPING LIKE A BUM.
I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!

Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Hell's Bells
So in the wake of today's Xbox Series X Gameplay Showcase, the first box art seems to be out that gives an idea of how Xbox is going to be branding their games for next-gen:

[Image: EXbZOhbVAAAF4zt?format=jpg]

I forgot that they were trying to distance themselves from the idea of distinct generations, which is what they're going for here with just the Xbox logo at the top and then the compatible systems underneath it. My only gripe is the Optimised for Series X badge; it's far too big. Hopefully that's just because the actual box art isn't done and so they just made it large to fill some space for now.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You Think PS5/Series X Will Come Out This Year? Moonface 5 197 Apr 25th, 2020, 02:47 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord