Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega 39's
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

Developer: SEGA
Publisher: SEGA
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Release Date: 2020 (JP)
Genre: Rhythm

Quote:Sega announced a new Hatsune Miku: Project Diva game titled Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Mega 39’s for the Nintendo Switch. The game will feature a renewed graphical style, and comes out in early 2020.

Apart from being the first new title in the series since Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X on the PlayStation 4 from 2016, this game will also celebrate the series’ 10th anniversary. The game is being developed by Sega AM2.

101 songs (91 songs across the Hatsune Miku x Sega project, including the Project Mirai spinoffs on 3DS + 10 new songs including this game’s theme song) are being included, and over 300 costumes to collect.

The game will feature the series’ classic Rhythm Game mode, as well as a new mode that takes advantage of the Nintendo Switch’s capabilities, set to be revealed later.

You can find some screenshots from the game in the spoiler below.

It was also announced that the 10 new songs that will appear in Mega 39's will also become available in Future Tone and Future Tone DX for PlayStation 4 as paid DLC.

Credit to Siliconera for the information and screenshots.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 

Developer: SEGA
Publisher: SEGA
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Release Date: 2020 (JP)
Genre: Rhythm

Quote:Sega announced a new Hatsune Miku: Project Diva game titled Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Mega 39’s for the Nintendo Switch. The game will feature a renewed graphical style, and comes out in early 2020.

Apart from being the first new title in the series since Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X on the PlayStation 4 from 2016, this game will also celebrate the series’ 10th anniversary. The game is being developed by Sega AM2.

101 songs (91 songs across the Hatsune Miku x Sega project, including the Project Mirai spinoffs on 3DS + 10 new songs including this game’s theme song) are being included, and over 300 costumes to collect.

The game will feature the series’ classic Rhythm Game mode, as well as a new mode that takes advantage of the Nintendo Switch’s capabilities, set to be revealed later.

You can find some screenshots from the game in the spoiler below.

It was also announced that the 10 new songs that will appear in Mega 39's will also become available in Future Tone and Future Tone DX for PlayStation 4 as paid DLC.

Credit to Siliconera for the information and screenshots.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It's finally time! A new Hatsune Miku game has been announced! Fans weren't too sure if another one would come about, after how silent SEGA has been on the series after the release of Future Tone on PS4, but they've come through for us!

Project DIVA will be making a return to handheld with a release on Nintendo Switch. Although the game will not boast as many songs as Future Tone, it still comes packed with quite a bit of content. I also love the new graphic style they went with for this game. I think the game looks much better and Miku looks much cuter in this more anime style than in the style they use for Arcade/Future Tone.

Although there's yet to be a localization announcement from SEGA of America, I am very hyped for this game. There is no way SoA will not localize this game, so I know I don't have to worry. The only thing I need to concern myself with is whether or not I want to import a JP copy to play it asap or wait for the western release. 

Also I find it funny that I always told people the only thing that would get me to buy a Switch as a Project DIVA game (or Project Mirai game). Although I jumped the gun on buying the switch by a couple of months, the announcement came anyways. If I hadn't of bought one already, I certainly would have went out and bought one the day this news came out.

Already looking forward to 2020 very much. :3
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It's finally time! A new Hatsune Miku game has been announced! Fans weren't too sure if another one would come about, after how silent SEGA has been on the series after the release of Future Tone on PS4, but they've come through for us!

Project DIVA will be making a return to handheld with a release on Nintendo Switch. Although the game will not boast as many songs as Future Tone, it still comes packed with quite a bit of content. I also love the new graphic style they went with for this game. I think the game looks much better and Miku looks much cuter in this more anime style than in the style they use for Arcade/Future Tone.

Although there's yet to be a localization announcement from SEGA of America, I am very hyped for this game. There is no way SoA will not localize this game, so I know I don't have to worry. The only thing I need to concern myself with is whether or not I want to import a JP copy to play it asap or wait for the western release. 

Also I find it funny that I always told people the only thing that would get me to buy a Switch as a Project DIVA game (or Project Mirai game). Although I jumped the gun on buying the switch by a couple of months, the announcement came anyways. If I hadn't of bought one already, I certainly would have went out and bought one the day this news came out.

Already looking forward to 2020 very much. :3
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm surprised the game is only coming to Switch and not also PS4. I know it's making a return to handheld and Switch fills that role perfectly, but it's not like Sega are having to make something for a 3DS and therefore can't just port that exact game over to PS4 without giving it a lot of work. Hmm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm surprised the game is only coming to Switch and not also PS4. I know it's making a return to handheld and Switch fills that role perfectly, but it's not like Sega are having to make something for a 3DS and therefore can't just port that exact game over to PS4 without giving it a lot of work. Hmm
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
The reason why the game itself isn't coming to PS4 is because all of the new songs in this game are coming to Future Tone as DLC. So this game won't have any songs that Future Tone also doesn't have.

It will make Future Tone still the #1 Project DIVA game (300-something songs compared to this game's 101), but this one will have the added benefit of being the most modern handheld Project DIVA game (last one being Project DIVA X on the Vita).

So Future Tone is still the better choice in terms of pure content, while this one is more for when you're on-the-go and still want to enjoy playing a Project DIVA game.

As an interesting side note, this is the first time a DIVA game is releasing off of a PlayStation system, as previously the only games released on Nintendo were the Project Mirai spin-off games for 3DS. Other than that, all of the Project DIVA games have been exclusive to Sony (PSP, Vita, PS3 and PS4).
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
The reason why the game itself isn't coming to PS4 is because all of the new songs in this game are coming to Future Tone as DLC. So this game won't have any songs that Future Tone also doesn't have.

It will make Future Tone still the #1 Project DIVA game (300-something songs compared to this game's 101), but this one will have the added benefit of being the most modern handheld Project DIVA game (last one being Project DIVA X on the Vita).

So Future Tone is still the better choice in terms of pure content, while this one is more for when you're on-the-go and still want to enjoy playing a Project DIVA game.

As an interesting side note, this is the first time a DIVA game is releasing off of a PlayStation system, as previously the only games released on Nintendo were the Project Mirai spin-off games for 3DS. Other than that, all of the Project DIVA games have been exclusive to Sony (PSP, Vita, PS3 and PS4).
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
What do you hope/think the new mode that uses the Switch's features will be DL?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,160 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
What do you hope/think the new mode that uses the Switch's features will be DL?
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I honestly have no idea what they could be planning for that. I just hope whatever it is, they end up making it a different game mode, like how Project Mirai on the 3DS let's you switch between touch-screen mode or classic button mode. I just want to be able to play using the buttons like the rest of the games, and not be forced to do something gimmicky like touch-screen controls or motion controls.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I honestly have no idea what they could be planning for that. I just hope whatever it is, they end up making it a different game mode, like how Project Mirai on the 3DS let's you switch between touch-screen mode or classic button mode. I just want to be able to play using the buttons like the rest of the games, and not be forced to do something gimmicky like touch-screen controls or motion controls.