Poll: Have you ever gone trick or treating?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
4 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Have You Ever Gone Trick or Treating?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Yes, I am aware Halloween was three days ago. I forgot to make this thread on the day and I don't particularly feel like waiting for next year to ask it. Tongue

So, have you ever gone? If not, how come, and if so, what have you dressed up as? Have anything else to say about trick or treating? Screw it, say it in here. Whistle

I've been trick or treating a couple of times. Once when I was 12 or 13 shortly after my knee surgery, which wasn't very pleasant trying to walk around streets on crutches. I don't recall if I dressed up or what as, but I was with a few other kids. I'm not sure if it was this occasion or another a following year (I can't recall if I went trick or treating more than this once as a kid) but I remember this lady handed me an entire bag of candy, and closed the door. I thought she was giving me all of it so I walked off, and then after I had gone around the corner heard her open the door and complain that I had taken all of her candy. Sweat

The only other time I recall going was with @ShiraNoMai when we dressed up as Cuphead and Mugman and went around in the neighbourhood where one of our friends lives and went around as a group. Those costumes were awful to walk around in...

Other than that, never really done it much. Once my parents and I started decorating the house for Halloween I lost interest in going out in favour of seeing the reactions from people seeing our house, since we were the only one in town that decorated for Halloween and we always went all out for it. Grin

So what about you folks? ^_^
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Yes, I am aware Halloween was three days ago. I forgot to make this thread on the day and I don't particularly feel like waiting for next year to ask it. Tongue

So, have you ever gone? If not, how come, and if so, what have you dressed up as? Have anything else to say about trick or treating? Screw it, say it in here. Whistle

I've been trick or treating a couple of times. Once when I was 12 or 13 shortly after my knee surgery, which wasn't very pleasant trying to walk around streets on crutches. I don't recall if I dressed up or what as, but I was with a few other kids. I'm not sure if it was this occasion or another a following year (I can't recall if I went trick or treating more than this once as a kid) but I remember this lady handed me an entire bag of candy, and closed the door. I thought she was giving me all of it so I walked off, and then after I had gone around the corner heard her open the door and complain that I had taken all of her candy. Sweat

The only other time I recall going was with @ShiraNoMai when we dressed up as Cuphead and Mugman and went around in the neighbourhood where one of our friends lives and went around as a group. Those costumes were awful to walk around in...

Other than that, never really done it much. Once my parents and I started decorating the house for Halloween I lost interest in going out in favour of seeing the reactions from people seeing our house, since we were the only one in town that decorated for Halloween and we always went all out for it. Grin

So what about you folks? ^_^
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yes, but have no idea what I went as or how exactly old, er, young I was but believe it did happen before my parents split up. All I know is I went with my brother and sister, assume my parents were there too, and remember sitting down in the living room with the two of them afterwards with our candy on the floor. We might have shared out what we got too. It wasn't something I did multiple times, and lost interest in trick or treating. I don't mind the tradition myself, but know my mum and sister don't like opening the door to it anymore so we have most of the lights off, not that anyone has bothered to knock in a good number of years now.

Also you can't really say your house is the only one decorated in town, but you can say substantially more decorated than any other that has tried to in town. There really should be an announcement of some kind for everyone in town who's going out trick or treating to go to the street your (over here) home's in, that's how good they decorate it. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yes, but have no idea what I went as or how exactly old, er, young I was but believe it did happen before my parents split up. All I know is I went with my brother and sister, assume my parents were there too, and remember sitting down in the living room with the two of them afterwards with our candy on the floor. We might have shared out what we got too. It wasn't something I did multiple times, and lost interest in trick or treating. I don't mind the tradition myself, but know my mum and sister don't like opening the door to it anymore so we have most of the lights off, not that anyone has bothered to knock in a good number of years now.

Also you can't really say your house is the only one decorated in town, but you can say substantially more decorated than any other that has tried to in town. There really should be an announcement of some kind for everyone in town who's going out trick or treating to go to the street your (over here) home's in, that's how good they decorate it. XD
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
No.

Never a thing where I am from.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
No.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Nov 3rd, 2021, 11:25 PM)Nightingale Wrote:
No.

Interesting. So does the area you live in not do Halloween at all or is it just the trick or treating part that doesn't happen?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
No.

Interesting. So does the area you live in not do Halloween at all or is it just the trick or treating part that doesn't happen?
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
(Nov 3rd, 2021, 11:54 PM)Moonface Wrote:
No.

We don't do Halloween at all.

Firstly because going around knocking on random doors / opening your door to strangers is often considered to be a really stupid idea.

And secondly because we don't really enjoy doing things that fall outside our culture and traditions. We actually have an offensive nickname for those who do XD

That said, we do binge on horror flicks and candy around this time of year.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
(Nov 3rd, 2021, 11:54 PM)Moonface Wrote:
No.

We don't do Halloween at all.

Firstly because going around knocking on random doors / opening your door to strangers is often considered to be a really stupid idea.

And secondly because we don't really enjoy doing things that fall outside our culture and traditions. We actually have an offensive nickname for those who do XD

That said, we do binge on horror flicks and candy around this time of year.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Wow, that's crazy! But I suppose I'm not too shocked; @Animemoongirl hasn't either due to her religion and I totally get that.

Still, as someone that has done it yearly since the year I was born up until maybe 14, it seems odd not to have a childhood filled with memories from it.

I don't remember much of my early years (understandably) but I spent a lot of my trick-or-treating at friend's neighborhoods, mostly because growing up I lived in a lot of apartments and it wasn't very common to see those kind of complexes suited for the event.

One of my most memorable costumes was a custom Yoshi one my mom helped make (cuz back then, they didn't just have any ol character costume available like they do nowadays): I'll never forget the paper mache tail she made that was strapped to my backside and whenever I walked, I felt it sway, and it was quite amusing (though sometimes troubling considering I had no hips to told them onto and it would slide down often). LOL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Wow, that's crazy! But I suppose I'm not too shocked; @Animemoongirl hasn't either due to her religion and I totally get that.

Still, as someone that has done it yearly since the year I was born up until maybe 14, it seems odd not to have a childhood filled with memories from it.

I don't remember much of my early years (understandably) but I spent a lot of my trick-or-treating at friend's neighborhoods, mostly because growing up I lived in a lot of apartments and it wasn't very common to see those kind of complexes suited for the event.

One of my most memorable costumes was a custom Yoshi one my mom helped make (cuz back then, they didn't just have any ol character costume available like they do nowadays): I'll never forget the paper mache tail she made that was strapped to my backside and whenever I walked, I felt it sway, and it was quite amusing (though sometimes troubling considering I had no hips to told them onto and it would slide down often). LOL