Hanna-Barbera
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Known for such shows as Tom & Jerry, The Huckleberry Hound Show, The Flintstones, The Yogi Bear Show, The Jetsons, Wacky Races, Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! and The Smurfs, I'm sure everyone here has seen at least something by these folks, so what have you seen and what shows were your favourites? Smile
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Known for such shows as Tom & Jerry, The Huckleberry Hound Show, The Flintstones, The Yogi Bear Show, The Jetsons, Wacky Races, Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! and The Smurfs, I'm sure everyone here has seen at least something by these folks, so what have you seen and what shows were your favourites? Smile
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
So obviously everyone knows Tom and Jerry is a timeless classic that will live on forever as a masterpiece of slap stick. That is without a doubt if you would like to argue with me on that I think your just lying to yourself...you filthy filthy liar. >.> One thing I find pretty interesting about Tom & Jerry is if you look at slapstick today it doesn't really have that same sense of violence or absurd damage that Tom and Jerry originally had and now does slapstick need absurd violence? I don't really think so, but I mean even violence on the level of the power-puff girls tend to be frowned on today.

One of these days I really would love to rewatch some of the old Tom and Jerry shorts and compare them to a more moderns slapstick cartoon just to see which one get the funny bone tickling quicker. Now when it comes to Scooby Doo I've always liked Scooby but the original cartoons are decent, but I actually prefer the movies or the mystery inc series on cartoon network compared to like the original shows. The Scooby doo movie is alright, but overall I think either the series or the movies are the best when it comes down to Scooby Doo and I believe the movies were Hannah Barbara still?

Now I actually like the Flintstones its was an amusing cartoon sitcom and I think it paved way for Simpsons and Family guy and the other thousand of cartoon sitcoms that we have today and Flintstones is dated in some parts, but that just comes down to time and it been a long time since I've seen any of the Flintstones.

The other shows I've seen, but never really captured a young me's interest really.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
So obviously everyone knows Tom and Jerry is a timeless classic that will live on forever as a masterpiece of slap stick. That is without a doubt if you would like to argue with me on that I think your just lying to yourself...you filthy filthy liar. >.> One thing I find pretty interesting about Tom & Jerry is if you look at slapstick today it doesn't really have that same sense of violence or absurd damage that Tom and Jerry originally had and now does slapstick need absurd violence? I don't really think so, but I mean even violence on the level of the power-puff girls tend to be frowned on today.

One of these days I really would love to rewatch some of the old Tom and Jerry shorts and compare them to a more moderns slapstick cartoon just to see which one get the funny bone tickling quicker. Now when it comes to Scooby Doo I've always liked Scooby but the original cartoons are decent, but I actually prefer the movies or the mystery inc series on cartoon network compared to like the original shows. The Scooby doo movie is alright, but overall I think either the series or the movies are the best when it comes down to Scooby Doo and I believe the movies were Hannah Barbara still?

Now I actually like the Flintstones its was an amusing cartoon sitcom and I think it paved way for Simpsons and Family guy and the other thousand of cartoon sitcoms that we have today and Flintstones is dated in some parts, but that just comes down to time and it been a long time since I've seen any of the Flintstones.

The other shows I've seen, but never really captured a young me's interest really.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 5th, 2020, 02:36 AM)Yuri Wrote:
One thing I find pretty interesting about Tom & Jerry is if you look at slapstick today it doesn't really have that same sense of violence or absurd damage that Tom and Jerry originally had and now does slapstick need absurd violence?
As you said, slapstick doesn't need violence. Tex Avery did lots of slapstick that wasn't violent:

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 5th, 2020, 02:36 AM)Yuri Wrote:
One thing I find pretty interesting about Tom & Jerry is if you look at slapstick today it doesn't really have that same sense of violence or absurd damage that Tom and Jerry originally had and now does slapstick need absurd violence?
As you said, slapstick doesn't need violence. Tex Avery did lots of slapstick that wasn't violent:

Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Hmmmm...maybe we've all been just so used to Tom and Jerry style slapstick some people forget that the slapstick we have today is pretty similar to some slapstick that we had in yesteryears? :thinking: Like I honestly forgot about cartoons that weren't over the top about it.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Hmmmm...maybe we've all been just so used to Tom and Jerry style slapstick some people forget that the slapstick we have today is pretty similar to some slapstick that we had in yesteryears? :thinking: Like I honestly forgot about cartoons that weren't over the top about it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 5th, 2020, 05:25 PM)Yuri Wrote:
I honestly can't even think of anything other than Gumball that does some form of slapstick nowadays.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 5th, 2020, 05:25 PM)Yuri Wrote:
I honestly can't even think of anything other than Gumball that does some form of slapstick nowadays.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah slapstick isnt as common phineas and ferb had it and star vs the forces of evil beside those two I am not really sure?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah slapstick isnt as common phineas and ferb had it and star vs the forces of evil beside those two I am not really sure?
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
The Flintstones hands down is my favorite Hanna-Barbera cartoon I've ever seen.
WR91 Offline
Casual
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 28th, 2020, 11:38 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
What did you think about the live action movies?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Sep 29th, 2020, 11:38 PM)Moonface Wrote:
They were ok for the time but I won't ever go out of my way to watch them again.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Sep 29th, 2020, 11:38 PM)Moonface Wrote:
They were ok for the time but I won't ever go out of my way to watch them again.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
I loved Wacky Races! I always cheered for Dick Dastardly and Muttley, though... I really wanted them winning just once! (Of course, it was their own stupid fault they never won, because they had to be well ahead of everyone else in order to lay their traps to begin with... if they'd just kept going and raced fairly, then they'd have wiped the floor with everyone else!!!)

I also enjoyed watching them trying (and failing) to stop the pigeon, with their ludicrous flying machines.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
I loved Wacky Races! I always cheered for Dick Dastardly and Muttley, though... I really wanted them winning just once! (Of course, it was their own stupid fault they never won, because they had to be well ahead of everyone else in order to lay their traps to begin with... if they'd just kept going and raced fairly, then they'd have wiped the floor with everyone else!!!)

I also enjoyed watching them trying (and failing) to stop the pigeon, with their ludicrous flying machines.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 12th, 2020, 01:02 AM)Kyng Wrote:
Actually one time he did race without pulling any tricks, and technically won. However, the judges took it from him using altered footage.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Actually one time he did race without pulling any tricks, and technically won. However, the judges took it from him using altered footage.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
(Oct 14th, 2020, 07:12 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Perhaps it's a good thing I never saw that episode as a kid, then. It would've infuriated me no end at the time!!!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
(Oct 14th, 2020, 07:12 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Perhaps it's a good thing I never saw that episode as a kid, then. It would've infuriated me no end at the time!!!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So the trailer has been taken down and I can't find it anywhere, but a live action Tom and Jerry movie got leaked earlier this week:

These stills don't do it as much justice as the in-motion imagery does, but I did get to see the trailer and it looked really good! Better yet, it didn't seem the violence was toned down to cater to 2020. I expect the movie will get officially announced soon because there's a float of the characters for this years Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and there wouldn't be any point to doing that and not revealing the movie some time near then.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So the trailer has been taken down and I can't find it anywhere, but a live action Tom and Jerry movie got leaked earlier this week:

These stills don't do it as much justice as the in-motion imagery does, but I did get to see the trailer and it looked really good! Better yet, it didn't seem the violence was toned down to cater to 2020. I expect the movie will get officially announced soon because there's a float of the characters for this years Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and there wouldn't be any point to doing that and not revealing the movie some time near then.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Since the twitter post has gone or I just can't see it and tried searching but found nothing visual other than the title, I have no idea what to expect. But as you seem to like what you saw @Moonface , I can think it seems to be something worthwhile. Apparently the trailer will properly come out the 16th, so I can wait for that.

EDIT: I haven't posted in here yet about other stuff? Of course I've like Hanna-Barbera. Watched and enjoyed Flintstones, Tom & Jerry, Top Cat, Wacky Races, Dastardly and Mutley, and their Scooby-Doo stuff. Part of my childhood, and I bought Top Cat, Wacky Races and Scooby-Doo Where Are You? on their Classic Collection DVDs to remember the early stuff.  =3
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Since the twitter post has gone or I just can't see it and tried searching but found nothing visual other than the title, I have no idea what to expect. But as you seem to like what you saw @Moonface , I can think it seems to be something worthwhile. Apparently the trailer will properly come out the 16th, so I can wait for that.

EDIT: I haven't posted in here yet about other stuff? Of course I've like Hanna-Barbera. Watched and enjoyed Flintstones, Tom & Jerry, Top Cat, Wacky Races, Dastardly and Mutley, and their Scooby-Doo stuff. Part of my childhood, and I bought Top Cat, Wacky Races and Scooby-Doo Where Are You? on their Classic Collection DVDs to remember the early stuff.  =3
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 3rd, 2020, 01:41 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Assuming you mean the tweet I posted above, if it isn't showing for some reason then here's the direct link: https://twitter.com/MJHtv23/status/1320382331710943232

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 3rd, 2020, 01:41 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Assuming you mean the tweet I posted above, if it isn't showing for some reason then here's the direct link: https://twitter.com/MJHtv23/status/1320382331710943232