Ghost of Tsushima | Coming to PC
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I watched BarbarousKing play most of this and incidentally the ending (since neither the viewer or streamer knew it was going to end when it did). That game is so good, man. Probably one of the better told stories I've seen in an open world game. And the combat isn't boring at all, I found it quite interesting. At least from a watcher's perspective.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I watched BarbarousKing play most of this and incidentally the ending (since neither the viewer or streamer knew it was going to end when it did). That game is so good, man. Probably one of the better told stories I've seen in an open world game. And the combat isn't boring at all, I found it quite interesting. At least from a watcher's perspective.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
From when this game was announced I knew it was a must have. So I pre-ordered it, got it and played it for just two days and put it down.

Maybe I'll give it another try sometime down the road but for now, it's a pass for me.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
From when this game was announced I knew it was a must have. So I pre-ordered it, got it and played it for just two days and put it down.

Maybe I'll give it another try sometime down the road but for now, it's a pass for me.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So, some interesting information about this game has surfaced today.

Apparently some ESRB ratings have appeared that indicate that a Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut is in the works for PS4 and PS5. It'll be very interesting to see if this actually leads to anything or not, and what exactly would be different about a Director's Cut version of the game.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So, some interesting information about this game has surfaced today.

Apparently some ESRB ratings have appeared that indicate that a Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut is in the works for PS4 and PS5. It'll be very interesting to see if this actually leads to anything or not, and what exactly would be different about a Director's Cut version of the game.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I wonder if it just bundles the free co-op DLC onto the disc or if there's going to be other new stuff too? Given that nothing added to the game thus far has cost extra money, I also wonder if anything new added will also be put into the game for existing owners, but I doubt it because why would anyone get the Director's Cut over a cheaper vanilla version and just download the extra content?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I wonder if it just bundles the free co-op DLC onto the disc or if there's going to be other new stuff too? Given that nothing added to the game thus far has cost extra money, I also wonder if anything new added will also be put into the game for existing owners, but I doubt it because why would anyone get the Director's Cut over a cheaper vanilla version and just download the extra content?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut Releases August 20
Sony has officially announced the Director's Cut for Ghost of Tsushima for PS4 and PS5, which brings all of the content released for the original version of the game, as well as brand new content such as a brand-new adventure for Jin and more!

Iki Island Wrote:
If you’re a history buff, you may know that in addition to Tsushima, the neighboring island of Iki was also invaded during this time period. Today we’re excited to reveal that a whole new chapter in Jin’s journey is coming and will take place on Iki. In this new story, Jin travels to the island to investigate rumors of a Mongol presence. But soon, he finds himself caught up in events with deeply personal stakes that will force him to relive some traumatic moments from his past.

We’ll have more to share about the story of Iki soon, but today we can confirm that beyond a whole new story and new characters, this new island also features tons of new content including brand new environments to explore, new armor for Jin as well as his horse, new mini-games, new techniques, new enemy types, and much more. There are even new animals to pet!

On both platforms, Director’s Cut will also offer new Trophies to unlock for the new Iki content.

PS5 Exclusive Features Wrote:
While Director’s Cut players on both PS4 and PS5 will be able to experience the Iki Island content, PlayStation 5 players will have access to a few additional new features.

We’ve heard your feedback about the lack of Japanese lip sync in the original version of Ghost of Tsushima, and it’s something we worked hard to address in this new release. Thanks to the PS5’s ability to render cinematics in real time, cutscenes in Ghost of Tsushima and on Iki Island on PS5 will now offer lip sync for Japanese voice over.

We’re also happy to confirm that Ghost of Tsushima, Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, and the new Iki Island expansion will all take advantage of haptic feedback and adaptive triggers in the Director’s Cut. There will also be enhancements to 3D audio* on PS5, as well as drastically improved load times, 4K resolution options** and framerates targeting 60 FPS.
You can read and see additional details in the official PlayStation Blog post for this announcement.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut Releases August 20
Sony has officially announced the Director's Cut for Ghost of Tsushima for PS4 and PS5, which brings all of the content released for the original version of the game, as well as brand new content such as a brand-new adventure for Jin and more!

Iki Island Wrote:
If you’re a history buff, you may know that in addition to Tsushima, the neighboring island of Iki was also invaded during this time period. Today we’re excited to reveal that a whole new chapter in Jin’s journey is coming and will take place on Iki. In this new story, Jin travels to the island to investigate rumors of a Mongol presence. But soon, he finds himself caught up in events with deeply personal stakes that will force him to relive some traumatic moments from his past.

We’ll have more to share about the story of Iki soon, but today we can confirm that beyond a whole new story and new characters, this new island also features tons of new content including brand new environments to explore, new armor for Jin as well as his horse, new mini-games, new techniques, new enemy types, and much more. There are even new animals to pet!

On both platforms, Director’s Cut will also offer new Trophies to unlock for the new Iki content.

PS5 Exclusive Features Wrote:
While Director’s Cut players on both PS4 and PS5 will be able to experience the Iki Island content, PlayStation 5 players will have access to a few additional new features.

We’ve heard your feedback about the lack of Japanese lip sync in the original version of Ghost of Tsushima, and it’s something we worked hard to address in this new release. Thanks to the PS5’s ability to render cinematics in real time, cutscenes in Ghost of Tsushima and on Iki Island on PS5 will now offer lip sync for Japanese voice over.

We’re also happy to confirm that Ghost of Tsushima, Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, and the new Iki Island expansion will all take advantage of haptic feedback and adaptive triggers in the Director’s Cut. There will also be enhancements to 3D audio* on PS5, as well as drastically improved load times, 4K resolution options** and framerates targeting 60 FPS.
You can read and see additional details in the official PlayStation Blog post for this announcement.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
The release date for this ended up being much sooner than I anticipated. Might have to hurry up and get around to playing the PS4 version real quick so I can get the PS5 version when it releases.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
The release date for this ended up being much sooner than I anticipated. Might have to hurry up and get around to playing the PS4 version real quick so I can get the PS5 version when it releases.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm glad I didn't get the game yet. I'm just going to wait and play the Director's Cut on PS5 when I get one later in the year.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm glad I didn't get the game yet. I'm just going to wait and play the Director's Cut on PS5 when I get one later in the year.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'll do my usual move of playing and getting the platinum for the PS4 version, and then getting the PS5 version for the double dip on the platinum. Not sure what I'll do about the DLC on PS4 though. Could buy it and play it there, since I might wait a little while to pick up the PS5 version (later this year or next year).
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'll do my usual move of playing and getting the platinum for the PS4 version, and then getting the PS5 version for the double dip on the platinum. Not sure what I'll do about the DLC on PS4 though. Could buy it and play it there, since I might wait a little while to pick up the PS5 version (later this year or next year).
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh the game has separate trophies for each platform? I thought it wouldn't. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh the game has separate trophies for each platform? I thought it wouldn't. XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It could end up sharing a list with PS4, but I'm assuming that it'll have it's own trophy list since it's a Director's Cut that has more changes to it than just a straight up port of the game. Could end up being wrong though. I'll have to wait and see until the Director's Cut releases to find out.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It could end up sharing a list with PS4, but I'm assuming that it'll have it's own trophy list since it's a Director's Cut that has more changes to it than just a straight up port of the game. Could end up being wrong though. I'll have to wait and see until the Director's Cut releases to find out.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm glad they fixed the Japanese lip sync. Even though the game was made by English-speakers, the game is set in Japan and seeing them talk Japanese feels natural to me. That lip sync was horrible though LOL

Looking forward to seeing this game again. I saw most of it through a playthrough, but missed a few parts. It's a very well made game and the story is pretty damn good.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm glad they fixed the Japanese lip sync. Even though the game was made by English-speakers, the game is set in Japan and seeing them talk Japanese feels natural to me. That lip sync was horrible though LOL

Looking forward to seeing this game again. I saw most of it through a playthrough, but missed a few parts. It's a very well made game and the story is pretty damn good.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't know the lip syncing was a problem, but it's nice that it got fixed. I guess being a new IP they didn't want to spend the resources on lip syncing the Japanese voices over all the other areas they focused on to replicate the authentic Japanese samurai movie feel.

(Jul 2nd, 2021, 03:55 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Oh, you meant playing the original version of the game and then doing the Director's Cut on PS5. I thought you were going to play the DC on both consoles. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't know the lip syncing was a problem, but it's nice that it got fixed. I guess being a new IP they didn't want to spend the resources on lip syncing the Japanese voices over all the other areas they focused on to replicate the authentic Japanese samurai movie feel.

(Jul 2nd, 2021, 03:55 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Oh, you meant playing the original version of the game and then doing the Director's Cut on PS5. I thought you were going to play the DC on both consoles. XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Oh, yeah, I already own the original, so I'd just play through that and then pick the Director's Cut up for just the PS5. Though that would be down the road. Not gonna pick up the DC right on release. Maybe if it goes on sale during the holidays or some time early next year.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Oh, yeah, I already own the original, so I'd just play through that and then pick the Director's Cut up for just the PS5. Though that would be down the road. Not gonna pick up the DC right on release. Maybe if it goes on sale during the holidays or some time early next year.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
A new trailer just released showing off more about Iki Island! Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
A new trailer just released showing off more about Iki Island! Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 2nd, 2021, 01:58 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Did you start this game yet @Dragon Lord?

Also would this game be of any interest to you @Monocle? I ask since you expressed interest in Sekiro and that it was closest to your interests, and I feel like this game is similar in its setting and such.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 2nd, 2021, 01:58 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Did you start this game yet @Dragon Lord?

Also would this game be of any interest to you @Monocle? I ask since you expressed interest in Sekiro and that it was closest to your interests, and I feel like this game is similar in its setting and such.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hollow Knight (Series) | Silksong Coming to PlayStation Platforms Moonface 20 10,783 May 12th, 2023, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Moonface