The Last of Us TV Series Announced
Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Administrators
Currently Playing
AC: NH (NS) | Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
XP: 5,035
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
Hollywood Reporter Wrote:
Craig Mazin, the creator of the acclaimed limited series Chernobyl, is reteaming with HBO to adapt The Last of Us, the massive Sony PlayStation video game franchise.

In a rare development in the world of video game adaptations, the writer and creative director of the game, Neil Druckmann, is also involved and will work with Mazin to pen and executive produce what is intended to be a series.

Carolyn Strauss will also executive produce along with Evan Wells, the president of Naughty Dog, the Santa Monica-based developer of the game. The project is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television in association with PlayStation Productions. It will be the first television series from PlayStation Productions.
Full Story / Source

Well I'd much rather this be done than a movie, especially since I don't think a movie could tell the whole story in 90-120 minutes without having to cut corners. I think the only thing that could go wrong with this is the production side, since the actual story and writing is already set up and it isn't going to get butchered by someone detached from anyone who worked on the game. My only wish is that if the series takes off that we get maybe some small side stuff with other people as one shots or something to build the world and show it from other views and in areas Joel and Ellie will never go to (even other countries), and it'll be nice to see some stuff that is actually new rather than an adaptation of what I already know about.
[Image: tumblr_picdhxmZg01r1fejho5_540.gif]
IN THE SUN, SLEEPING LIKE A BUM.
I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!

Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Hollywood Reporter Wrote:
Craig Mazin, the creator of the acclaimed limited series Chernobyl, is reteaming with HBO to adapt The Last of Us, the massive Sony PlayStation video game franchise.

In a rare development in the world of video game adaptations, the writer and creative director of the game, Neil Druckmann, is also involved and will work with Mazin to pen and executive produce what is intended to be a series.

Carolyn Strauss will also executive produce along with Evan Wells, the president of Naughty Dog, the Santa Monica-based developer of the game. The project is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television in association with PlayStation Productions. It will be the first television series from PlayStation Productions.
Full Story / Source

Well I'd much rather this be done than a movie, especially since I don't think a movie could tell the whole story in 90-120 minutes without having to cut corners. I think the only thing that could go wrong with this is the production side, since the actual story and writing is already set up and it isn't going to get butchered by someone detached from anyone who worked on the game. My only wish is that if the series takes off that we get maybe some small side stuff with other people as one shots or something to build the world and show it from other views and in areas Joel and Ellie will never go to (even other countries), and it'll be nice to see some stuff that is actually new rather than an adaptation of what I already know about.
Yuri Offline
Demons can't touch me!
Currently Playing
Dead by Daylight & Animal Crossing New Horizon (On Friday)
Favourite Platform(s)
Switch & PC
XP: 366
Mass Effect (Shiny) Animal Crossing Splatoon 
Honestly the Last of Us really has amazing story potential like The Walking Dead, but with spore zombies and while I most likely probably won't watch it right away, but if I ever do get around to it I'm hoping to see something quality.
[Image: AbandonedHoarseIncatern-max-1mb.gif]
Yuri Offline
Demons can't touch me!
Currently Playing
Dead by Daylight & Animal Crossing New Horizon (On Friday)
Favourite Platform(s)
Switch & PC
XP: 366
Honestly the Last of Us really has amazing story potential like The Walking Dead, but with spore zombies and while I most likely probably won't watch it right away, but if I ever do get around to it I'm hoping to see something quality.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Your Typical 9-to-5 Office Yoshi
Moderators
Currently Playing
Animal Crossing: New Horizons | Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Souvenir Vouchers
XP: 2,180
Horizon Zero Dawn (Shiny) Mario Kart Pokémon 
I hope nothing but the best for this and hope it gets more people into the lore of this series, but I honestly don't think this nor the movie should exist. Just let it exist on its own in its own original media.
[Image: z1x0gCB.jpg]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Souvenir Vouchers
I hope nothing but the best for this and hope it gets more people into the lore of this series, but I honestly don't think this nor the movie should exist. Just let it exist on its own in its own original media.
Daltonio Offline
F.K. .... in the coffee!
Currently Playing
Death Stranding
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
XP: 154
I would be all for this if it was a new story in the world of The Last of Us. (Like how a sequel was originally going to be). Don't give us Joel and Ellie, their story is already told and no matter how good the show is, there is no way they'll ever be able to top the game. The world Naughty Dog built is ripe for stories though, so if they'd just give us a brand new story and original characters but set in that world, it could have been great.
[Image: MOnYWal.png]
Sig by Amalthea
Daltonio Offline
F.K. .... in the coffee!
Currently Playing
Death Stranding
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
XP: 154
I would be all for this if it was a new story in the world of The Last of Us. (Like how a sequel was originally going to be). Don't give us Joel and Ellie, their story is already told and no matter how good the show is, there is no way they'll ever be able to top the game. The world Naughty Dog built is ripe for stories though, so if they'd just give us a brand new story and original characters but set in that world, it could have been great.
Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
I could see them using the first games story just to get non-game fans in, and then branch out. I don't think having it in the universe with new stories straight away would attract anyone but those who already played the game.
[Image: tumblr_picdhxmZg01r1fejho5_540.gif]
IN THE SUN, SLEEPING LIKE A BUM.
I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!

Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
I could see them using the first games story just to get non-game fans in, and then branch out. I don't think having it in the universe with new stories straight away would attract anyone but those who already played the game.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Souvenir Vouchers
Horizon Zero Dawn (Shiny) Mario Kart Pokémon 
I was saying to Moony the other day that I'd like episodes to feature a single character's arc, during a specified time period, and over the season would slowly start to patch together what happened towards whatever ending they intend to create for it.
[Image: z1x0gCB.jpg]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Souvenir Vouchers
I was saying to Moony the other day that I'd like episodes to feature a single character's arc, during a specified time period, and over the season would slowly start to patch together what happened towards whatever ending they intend to create for it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inside Xbox - Series X Gameplay First Look Moonface 8 878 May 17th, 2020, 06:26 AM
Last Post: popopdc