Penny's Big Breakaway | Available Now! | From the creators of Sonic Mania
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,560
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Platforms: PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch
Release Date: 2024

Ready. Set. YO! - Join Penny & Yo-Yo in a kinetic 3D-platformer bursting with expressive gameplay! Showcase your catalog of tricks and chain impressive combos to deliver Penny & Yo-Yo's perfect breakout performance. Take the stage with this vibrant pair in Penny’s Big Breakaway coming Early 2024!

Penny is a street performer with big dreams; she has her own spin on what it takes to be a star! When Eddie the Emperor calls for new Palace Court Performers, Penny gets herself tangled in an audition she’ll never forget. A strange encounter with a Cosmic String transforms Penny’s Yo-Yo into a living creature with an appetite for snacks — and mayhem! Use Yo-Yo to help Penny clear her name, outrun the Emperor’s penguin army, and unravel the mystery of the Cosmic String.

Burst onto the scene in the fluorescent world of Macaroon, home to this over-and-under escape! Discover your true star power in this easy-to-play, difficult-to-master challenge. Penny’s Big Breakaway is the debut title from Evening Star.

Walk the Dog
Yo-Yo’s big appetite will earn an even bigger reward with snack power-ups! Use these tasty treats to temporarily transform Yo-Yo, granting it the abilities to improve movement speed, protect Penny from harm, and much more!

Around the World
Flee from Eddie the Emperor’s massive penguin army as they chase you clear across the planet! These clumsy flightless birds patrol the halls, come bursting through walls, and will stop at nothing to seize you!

Encore Stage
Play your way with multiple game modes! Show off your skills as you chain awesome combos and rack up multipliers in Story Mode. Take on the ultimate speedrunning challenge and dominate the leaderboard in Time Attack Mode.

Want to know more? Check out these other videos and articles about the game!

Anyone else interested in this game? I really liked the look of it when it was first revealed but hadn't heard anything of it since then until I just saw Game Informer put out a gameplay video today. I wasn't aware that an animated trailer had come out at the start of the month or that the developers had been putting out OST from the game on their YouTube channel through November, so I have a lot to check out and catch up on. I haven't watched all of the gameplay video yet so I'll give my comments on that later when I'm done with it. Smile
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,560 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Platforms: PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch
Release Date: 2024

Ready. Set. YO! - Join Penny & Yo-Yo in a kinetic 3D-platformer bursting with expressive gameplay! Showcase your catalog of tricks and chain impressive combos to deliver Penny & Yo-Yo's perfect breakout performance. Take the stage with this vibrant pair in Penny’s Big Breakaway coming Early 2024!

Penny is a street performer with big dreams; she has her own spin on what it takes to be a star! When Eddie the Emperor calls for new Palace Court Performers, Penny gets herself tangled in an audition she’ll never forget. A strange encounter with a Cosmic String transforms Penny’s Yo-Yo into a living creature with an appetite for snacks — and mayhem! Use Yo-Yo to help Penny clear her name, outrun the Emperor’s penguin army, and unravel the mystery of the Cosmic String.

Burst onto the scene in the fluorescent world of Macaroon, home to this over-and-under escape! Discover your true star power in this easy-to-play, difficult-to-master challenge. Penny’s Big Breakaway is the debut title from Evening Star.

Walk the Dog
Yo-Yo’s big appetite will earn an even bigger reward with snack power-ups! Use these tasty treats to temporarily transform Yo-Yo, granting it the abilities to improve movement speed, protect Penny from harm, and much more!

Around the World
Flee from Eddie the Emperor’s massive penguin army as they chase you clear across the planet! These clumsy flightless birds patrol the halls, come bursting through walls, and will stop at nothing to seize you!

Encore Stage
Play your way with multiple game modes! Show off your skills as you chain awesome combos and rack up multipliers in Story Mode. Take on the ultimate speedrunning challenge and dominate the leaderboard in Time Attack Mode.

Want to know more? Check out these other videos and articles about the game!

Anyone else interested in this game? I really liked the look of it when it was first revealed but hadn't heard anything of it since then until I just saw Game Informer put out a gameplay video today. I wasn't aware that an animated trailer had come out at the start of the month or that the developers had been putting out OST from the game on their YouTube channel through November, so I have a lot to check out and catch up on. I haven't watched all of the gameplay video yet so I'll give my comments on that later when I'm done with it. Smile
her Offline
Newcomer
Pronouns
she
XP: 199
Wishlisted. I need this. I love goofy platformers like these.
どこにいたって、人は繋がっているのよ。
UID 300, Perfection.
her Offline
Newcomer
Pronouns
she
XP: 199
Wishlisted. I need this. I love goofy platformers like these.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't get to watch the full gameplay video yet but I love how the grapple jump is just suspending the yoyo in the air to swing from it so you can just use the ability anywhere you want.

If you like fun platformers with charm to them @her you might want to check out A Hat In Time. It doesn't have as much of a goofy aesthetic as this game does but it does have the silly charm and stuff to it still.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't get to watch the full gameplay video yet but I love how the grapple jump is just suspending the yoyo in the air to swing from it so you can just use the ability anywhere you want.

If you like fun platformers with charm to them @her you might want to check out A Hat In Time. It doesn't have as much of a goofy aesthetic as this game does but it does have the silly charm and stuff to it still.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Penny's Big Breakaway | Launch Trailer
Penny's Big Breakaway was shown during today's Nintendo Partner Direct, and better yet, the game is available today!

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Penny's Big Breakaway | Launch Trailer
Penny's Big Breakaway was shown during today's Nintendo Partner Direct, and better yet, the game is available today!