A.M.A.A. - Ask Moonface Anything, Again
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,021
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 23rd, 2023, 04:52 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
Question: what's one thing you're afraid to face as you grow older?
Loss. Whether it's losing people or things, as time goes on the chance for those things already present in my life going away increases.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,021 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 23rd, 2023, 04:52 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
Question: what's one thing you're afraid to face as you grow older?
Loss. Whether it's losing people or things, as time goes on the chance for those things already present in my life going away increases.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 21,993
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
30-what?! Happy Birthday, Moony. Really hoping you can enjoy today after what the past few months have been like. Also hope there's no work bothering you either today.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 21,993 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
30-what?! Happy Birthday, Moony. Really hoping you can enjoy today after what the past few months have been like. Also hope there's no work bothering you either today.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,563
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Happy Birthday Moonface. :3 I hope you had a good birthday.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,563 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Happy Birthday Moony! I hope you have a great day it kinda sucks that it took place on a Thursday since you probably have classes, but I hope you have a nice day still! Grin
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Happy Birthday Moony! I hope you have a great day it kinda sucks that it took place on a Thursday since you probably have classes, but I hope you have a nice day still! Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 16th, 2023, 12:00 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Work did attempt to call me in on my birthday as Thursday is usually my day off, and my coworker told them that I was going to tell them no but had her call me anyway on Wednesday afternoon to ask. I said nope and kept the day as my day off. Tongue

(Nov 16th, 2023, 10:44 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
Thank you queen! ^_^

(Nov 17th, 2023, 01:38 AM)Karo Wrote:
Thank you Karo! I don't have classes on Thursday (nor work) so I had no obligations to attend to that day.

For anyone curious, I spent my day basically just chilling and finishing up my photography book at a leisurely pace. It felt nice to just get a whole day to do very little and unwind. Once @ShiraNoMai got home we went out to dinner at a place called The Pub which is a British themed restaurant about 30 minutes away. Here's a photo I took from our table:

[Image: Izgyt7o.jpg]

They also had a duo performing live music which was actually really well done, and we got our food incredibly quick. I went with bangers (sausages) and mash for my meal. =3

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 16th, 2023, 12:00 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Work did attempt to call me in on my birthday as Thursday is usually my day off, and my coworker told them that I was going to tell them no but had her call me anyway on Wednesday afternoon to ask. I said nope and kept the day as my day off. Tongue

(Nov 16th, 2023, 10:44 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
Thank you queen! ^_^

(Nov 17th, 2023, 01:38 AM)Karo Wrote:
Thank you Karo! I don't have classes on Thursday (nor work) so I had no obligations to attend to that day.

For anyone curious, I spent my day basically just chilling and finishing up my photography book at a leisurely pace. It felt nice to just get a whole day to do very little and unwind. Once @ShiraNoMai got home we went out to dinner at a place called The Pub which is a British themed restaurant about 30 minutes away. Here's a photo I took from our table:

[Image: Izgyt7o.jpg]

They also had a duo performing live music which was actually really well done, and we got our food incredibly quick. I went with bangers (sausages) and mash for my meal. =3
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah no wonder work had to be like that (not your coworker), but glad you had a good day, even if some of it was coursework but it kept you busy. Ah, neat looking pub and nice, to go with a classic. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah no wonder work had to be like that (not your coworker), but glad you had a good day, even if some of it was coursework but it kept you busy. Ah, neat looking pub and nice, to go with a classic. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,718
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah the way they dolled up the whole restaurant to look like an authentic Pub or at least as close to the caricature of one would be like. Food also solid, I got myself a bowl of mac and cheese with pot roast on top Grin

I'm glad I got to contribute to the nice day. He deserved a good day after this year's been a bit of a mess.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,718 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah the way they dolled up the whole restaurant to look like an authentic Pub or at least as close to the caricature of one would be like. Food also solid, I got myself a bowl of mac and cheese with pot roast on top Grin

I'm glad I got to contribute to the nice day. He deserved a good day after this year's been a bit of a mess.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 29th, 2023, 06:23 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
It feels really bad to have to ask this when it is literally about myself but I genuinely do not remember; what about my year has been a mess again? Sweat
Like I can recall the odd thing here and there but I can tell I'm probably barely scratching the surface of what has actually happened this year. ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 29th, 2023, 06:23 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
It feels really bad to have to ask this when it is literally about myself but I genuinely do not remember; what about my year has been a mess again? Sweat
Like I can recall the odd thing here and there but I can tell I'm probably barely scratching the surface of what has actually happened this year. ROFL
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I know you asked Shira, but if I'm remembering correctly, stuff from work but that usually has a myriad of problems you have to deal with every now and then, the recent-ish coursework issues but they may be considered minor now after it's been resolved (I don't fully know here), health like right now, and didn't you have car issues too or was that last year? I also might be forgetting something. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I know you asked Shira, but if I'm remembering correctly, stuff from work but that usually has a myriad of problems you have to deal with every now and then, the recent-ish coursework issues but they may be considered minor now after it's been resolved (I don't fully know here), health like right now, and didn't you have car issues too or was that last year? I also might be forgetting something. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh true I was having a lot of car issues in the first quarter of the year that was a nightmare to deal with.
Not sure if I'd consider work or college giving me hassle from time to time as being an impactor on my year since none of those were long lasting things. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh true I was having a lot of car issues in the first quarter of the year that was a nightmare to deal with.
Not sure if I'd consider work or college giving me hassle from time to time as being an impactor on my year since none of those were long lasting things. Hmm
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,563
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Have you played story based games like Life is Strange or Detroit Become Human?
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,563 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 31st, 2023, 11:15 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
I've not played either of those, and checking my game libraries it doesn't seem I've ever played any game like those either. I did buy a copy of Until Dawn years ago but never cared to play it because I'd watched a playthrough on YouTube long before, so it'll be rather boring to play a story focused game that I know the story of and the consequences that come from certain choices.

If we're focusing on games that offer some degree of choice in the story regardless of their genre, Fallout 4 is maybe the only one I can think of that I've played which involves actual story choices. I have been getting a growing interest in Baldur's Gate 3 though which is definitely a game that is heavily story based, but not sure when I'll get it, if I ever do.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 31st, 2023, 11:15 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
I've not played either of those, and checking my game libraries it doesn't seem I've ever played any game like those either. I did buy a copy of Until Dawn years ago but never cared to play it because I'd watched a playthrough on YouTube long before, so it'll be rather boring to play a story focused game that I know the story of and the consequences that come from certain choices.

If we're focusing on games that offer some degree of choice in the story regardless of their genre, Fallout 4 is maybe the only one I can think of that I've played which involves actual story choices. I have been getting a growing interest in Baldur's Gate 3 though which is definitely a game that is heavily story based, but not sure when I'll get it, if I ever do.