Poll: Will You Buy A Physical or Digital PS5/XSX?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Digital
0%
0 0%
Physical
100.00%
6 100.00%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

PS5/XSX: Digital or Physical?
Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Administrators
Currently Playing
AC: NH (NS) | Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
XP: 5,035
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
I know Xbox hasn't shown one yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a digital only Series X at some point since Sony did it with the PS5. Do you plan to buy a console with a disc drive, or will you be getting the digital only version?

It would take a lot to make me get a digital only PS5, so for now I'm sticking with the physical disc version. A lot of Collector's Editions tend to be physical games when it comes to having the good shit in them, and I wouldn't want to buy one of those and then need to buy the game digitally because I lack a disc drive.
[Image: tumblr_picdhxmZg01r1fejho5_540.gif]
IN THE SUN, SLEEPING LIKE A BUM.
I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!

Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
I know Xbox hasn't shown one yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a digital only Series X at some point since Sony did it with the PS5. Do you plan to buy a console with a disc drive, or will you be getting the digital only version?

It would take a lot to make me get a digital only PS5, so for now I'm sticking with the physical disc version. A lot of Collector's Editions tend to be physical games when it comes to having the good shit in them, and I wouldn't want to buy one of those and then need to buy the game digitally because I lack a disc drive.
Dragon Lord Online
Lv.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Nioh 2 | Sakura Wars | Secret of Mana (Remake) | Trials of Mana | World War Z | Azur Lane | Arknights
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, Vita
XP: 358
Hastune Miku (Shiny) Hastune Miku 
Physical 100%. I will *never* be digital-only as long as a physical option exists. I enjoy actually owning my games and not being at the mercy of a company deciding on whether or not to keep their servers running.

Sure, I'll buy digital games if there is no other option, but given the choice, 110% physical every. single. time.

Hopefully with companies like Limited Run Games chugging along, the day we see companies completely ditch physical media is still going to be a long ways off.
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
Lv.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Nioh 2 | Sakura Wars | Secret of Mana (Remake) | Trials of Mana | World War Z | Azur Lane | Arknights
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, Vita
XP: 358
Physical 100%. I will *never* be digital-only as long as a physical option exists. I enjoy actually owning my games and not being at the mercy of a company deciding on whether or not to keep their servers running.

Sure, I'll buy digital games if there is no other option, but given the choice, 110% physical every. single. time.

Hopefully with companies like Limited Run Games chugging along, the day we see companies completely ditch physical media is still going to be a long ways off.
sunshine queen Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Android] Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp & [Switch] Pokemon Sword
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4, PS3, Wii, DS, & 3DS
XP: 5,355
Horizon Zero Dawn Pokémon LittleBigPlanet 
Physical, even if getting new physical titles has been harder to do for me during the coronavirus pandemic since I like buying my games from local stores such as Best Buy, & Walmart. But both had online ordering only for a long time & I had to go for digital titles I would have rather bought physically. Even getting a copy of Animal Crossing for my nephew was a pain in the a**, so he ended up with one of our copies & we ended up buying a digital version for ourselves.
[Image: aqua-s10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
sunshine queen Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Android] Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp & [Switch] Pokemon Sword
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4, PS3, Wii, DS, & 3DS
XP: 5,355
Physical, even if getting new physical titles has been harder to do for me during the coronavirus pandemic since I like buying my games from local stores such as Best Buy, & Walmart. But both had online ordering only for a long time & I had to go for digital titles I would have rather bought physically. Even getting a copy of Animal Crossing for my nephew was a pain in the a**, so he ended up with one of our copies & we ended up buying a digital version for ourselves.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
FE: Three Houses | Pokémon Shield | Code Vein | CTR:NF | Octopath
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
XP: 3,433
Fire Emblem (Shiny) Uncharted Tekken 
Physical easily. It may be a bit bigger and more pricey than digital, but going digital only is not something I'd want to do. Looking at my collection without the need of a screen and to have the disc/box in my hands is just that much more appealing than receiving nothing but a file on a computer/console.
[Image: Hazamasig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
FE: Three Houses | Pokémon Shield | Code Vein | CTR:NF | Octopath
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
XP: 3,433
Physical easily. It may be a bit bigger and more pricey than digital, but going digital only is not something I'd want to do. Looking at my collection without the need of a screen and to have the disc/box in my hands is just that much more appealing than receiving nothing but a file on a computer/console.
Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
The only advantage I think digital has is just the speed of switching games since you don't have to swap discs out, but if I were to go digital for that reason I'd still get the physical disc console so that way I can get physical copies of games that might be dirt cheap or come in CE's and be able to use them.
I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!

Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
The only advantage I think digital has is just the speed of switching games since you don't have to swap discs out, but if I were to go digital for that reason I'd still get the physical disc console so that way I can get physical copies of games that might be dirt cheap or come in CE's and be able to use them.
Yuri Offline
Demons can't touch me!
Currently Playing
Dead by Daylight & Animal Crossing New Horizon (On Friday)
Favourite Platform(s)
Switch & PC
XP: 366
Mass Effect (Shiny) Animal Crossing Splatoon 
I tend to prefer getting anything physical so if I do end up getting another console I will probably get the physical version.

The only real downside is not many games are actually on the disc fully. Eh
[Image: AbandonedHoarseIncatern-max-1mb.gif]
Yuri Offline
Demons can't touch me!
Currently Playing
Dead by Daylight & Animal Crossing New Horizon (On Friday)
Favourite Platform(s)
Switch & PC
XP: 366
I tend to prefer getting anything physical so if I do end up getting another console I will probably get the physical version.

Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
(11 hours ago)Yuri Wrote:
True, but at least you would have some form of the game in the event its digital content was entirely removed.

Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
(11 hours ago)Yuri Wrote:
True, but at least you would have some form of the game in the event its digital content was entirely removed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would You Pay $70 For PS5/XSX Games? Moonface 9 321 Jul 22nd, 2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Do You Think PS5/Series X Will Come Out This Year? Moonface 5 588 Apr 25th, 2020, 02:47 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord