The Ideal Work Week Schedule?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@ShiraNoMai put this video on last night, and seeing it posted by @Kyng on his forum reminded me of it:

The video discusses the idea of a five day work week but instead of Monday-Friday, it proposes having Wednesday off and working Saturday instead. I forget what country (or countries) do it or proposed it, but I know some places have looked into the idea of a four day work week too.

I can't really comment how well the idea the video discusses would be because I haven't had a job that does strictly Monday-Friday, and I can't remember how I felt about school weeks well enough to decide if I'd want that set to a 3&2 approach. Four day work weeks would only be a thing I'd want if my shift was early enough to end at 5pm or 6pm, otherwise I'd hate it because of not having enough time to myself at the end of a day.

What about you folks? What would your ideal work week schedule be?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@ShiraNoMai put this video on last night, and seeing it posted by @Kyng on his forum reminded me of it:

The video discusses the idea of a five day work week but instead of Monday-Friday, it proposes having Wednesday off and working Saturday instead. I forget what country (or countries) do it or proposed it, but I know some places have looked into the idea of a four day work week too.

I can't really comment how well the idea the video discusses would be because I haven't had a job that does strictly Monday-Friday, and I can't remember how I felt about school weeks well enough to decide if I'd want that set to a 3&2 approach. Four day work weeks would only be a thing I'd want if my shift was early enough to end at 5pm or 6pm, otherwise I'd hate it because of not having enough time to myself at the end of a day.

What about you folks? What would your ideal work week schedule be?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
My ideal work week would probably be four days of 10 hour shifts to reach that 40-hour mark, and then having three days off (preferably one week day and then Saturday and Sunday).

I'd rather work longer shifts to accumulate hours and get more days off, than working 5-6 days to reach those hours.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
My ideal work week would probably be four days of 10 hour shifts to reach that 40-hour mark, and then having three days off (preferably one week day and then Saturday and Sunday).

I'd rather work longer shifts to accumulate hours and get more days off, than working 5-6 days to reach those hours.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 27th, 2020, 03:43 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Would you want Monday or Friday off or have the day be midweek so your 4 days are split into two groups of two?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Would you want Monday or Friday off or have the day be midweek so your 4 days are split into two groups of two?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I haven't worked a full Monday-Friday job (apart from work experience), so I can't take from that. Weekend Wednesday would sound good if Saturday could be a shorter working day than the other four. If not though I wouldn't like that at all.

My preferred week would be four work days and three off.
I do have experience of this in my first shift hours I got, although part-time at retail. I had Sunday, Monday, Tuesday off. Tuesday instead of because I had to work a weekend day of course. However I didn't make full use of that time off, but that's my fault. I'm torn between if it's better to have 3 days off in a row or have one in the middle of the four working days. Having a rest in the middle would be great, time for recharge like the video has. A day for appointments instead of booking in work time/holiday time. Having three in a row could mean more time to spend a weekend away (2 days then prep/rest for work or full 3 days), visiting family and friends (one day/staying over), better catching up on hobbies.
I do see the problem of if it becomes a rule for everywhere to have the extra day, and it's the same day for everyone then that would be problematic. So days off being flexible for the individual, not constantly changing, but to keep places open, different people are in when others are off.

At the moment I work Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Which is a bit nuts, do wish I had three days off or at least two in a row. I kind of get 46 hours off work, finishing at noon Sat and returning to work at 10AM Mon, but 2 hours difference isn't actually near the same as the full 48 plus the time after and before work begins either side of the time not in.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I haven't worked a full Monday-Friday job (apart from work experience), so I can't take from that. Weekend Wednesday would sound good if Saturday could be a shorter working day than the other four. If not though I wouldn't like that at all.

My preferred week would be four work days and three off.
I do have experience of this in my first shift hours I got, although part-time at retail. I had Sunday, Monday, Tuesday off. Tuesday instead of because I had to work a weekend day of course. However I didn't make full use of that time off, but that's my fault. I'm torn between if it's better to have 3 days off in a row or have one in the middle of the four working days. Having a rest in the middle would be great, time for recharge like the video has. A day for appointments instead of booking in work time/holiday time. Having three in a row could mean more time to spend a weekend away (2 days then prep/rest for work or full 3 days), visiting family and friends (one day/staying over), better catching up on hobbies.
I do see the problem of if it becomes a rule for everywhere to have the extra day, and it's the same day for everyone then that would be problematic. So days off being flexible for the individual, not constantly changing, but to keep places open, different people are in when others are off.

At the moment I work Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Which is a bit nuts, do wish I had three days off or at least two in a row. I kind of get 46 hours off work, finishing at noon Sat and returning to work at 10AM Mon, but 2 hours difference isn't actually near the same as the full 48 plus the time after and before work begins either side of the time not in.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
If I had to keep a 5 day work week, I'd like to try the method CGP Grey provided, "The Wednesday Weekend". It actually would probably be beneficial for my job in particular considering the amount of times things go crazy on Tuesdays or Fridays (between album releases and ticket announcements) to have a good Wednesday off and be able to get the leftover stuff done on Saturday.

I would love a 4 day work week with 3 days off but honestly it's super unrealistic at my job. I'm already doing nearly 6 days a week as it is so somehow convincing my work to do even less days on the clock is neigh impossible.

In a perfect world, or at least one idealized in my end of career goals wherein I have my own design business, I would absolutely give myself 4 days on and 3 off.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
If I had to keep a 5 day work week, I'd like to try the method CGP Grey provided, "The Wednesday Weekend". It actually would probably be beneficial for my job in particular considering the amount of times things go crazy on Tuesdays or Fridays (between album releases and ticket announcements) to have a good Wednesday off and be able to get the leftover stuff done on Saturday.

I would love a 4 day work week with 3 days off but honestly it's super unrealistic at my job. I'm already doing nearly 6 days a week as it is so somehow convincing my work to do even less days on the clock is neigh impossible.

In a perfect world, or at least one idealized in my end of career goals wherein I have my own design business, I would absolutely give myself 4 days on and 3 off.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Aug 27th, 2020, 03:48 AM)Moonface Wrote:

I'd probably opt for working Monday-Thursday and then getting Friday-Sunday off. I'd rather just get the four days done with at the start of the week and get to enjoy the entirety of the weekend off. Having one day off in the middle of the four days wouldn't really make a difference to me, and would just make working the last two days feel worse than it would otherwise.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Aug 27th, 2020, 03:48 AM)Moonface Wrote:

I'd probably opt for working Monday-Thursday and then getting Friday-Sunday off. I'd rather just get the four days done with at the start of the week and get to enjoy the entirety of the weekend off. Having one day off in the middle of the four days wouldn't really make a difference to me, and would just make working the last two days feel worse than it would otherwise.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
My ideal work schedule would be as follows:

• Split the week into six 28-hour days, instead of seven 24-hour days;
  • Work 10 hours on each of the first four days;
  • Take the final two days off as a weekend.

On paper, this looks great: you get a 4-day work week, with 18 hours off on each working day (for rest and recreation). Sadly, there are all kinds of reasons why I'll never adopt this (most notably, how the heck am I supposed to maintain a 28-hour circadian rhythm?!?!)
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
My ideal work schedule would be as follows:

• Split the week into six 28-hour days, instead of seven 24-hour days;
  • Work 10 hours on each of the first four days;
  • Take the final two days off as a weekend.

On paper, this looks great: you get a 4-day work week, with 18 hours off on each working day (for rest and recreation). Sadly, there are all kinds of reasons why I'll never adopt this (most notably, how the heck am I supposed to maintain a 28-hour circadian rhythm?!?!)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What we should do is evolve to need one day to sleep and then work 40 hours straight and spend 8 hours sleeping, then have all those other hours to do anything! Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What we should do is evolve to need one day to sleep and then work 40 hours straight and spend 8 hours sleeping, then have all those other hours to do anything! Grin
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Monday through Friday 8am to 4pm with weekends off.

And even thought the job sucked I actually had that for about 2 years at my old job.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
Monday through Friday 8am to 4pm with weekends off.

And even thought the job sucked I actually had that for about 2 years at my old job.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
8-4 isn't bad. Better than 9-5 since you get more evening time but it isn't such an early start that you end up losing the extra time to sleeping earlier.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
8-4 isn't bad. Better than 9-5 since you get more evening time but it isn't such an early start that you end up losing the extra time to sleeping earlier.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Was Your Day/Week? Moonface 463 76,245 Yesterday, 03:10 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Do the Actions of a Creator Change Your Views of Their Work? Moonface 15 5,516 Jul 20th, 2022, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  Your ideal Yu-Gi-Oh! deck Nightingale 3 3,872 Jul 30th, 2018, 11:31 PM
Last Post: Nightingale