General Game Chat
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
With California being a hotspot of confirmed cases of the virus, I can see why people would be on edge about attending a multiple-person event near that situation. I hope they refund everyone who had bought passes to go Errm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
With California being a hotspot of confirmed cases of the virus, I can see why people would be on edge about attending a multiple-person event near that situation. I hope they refund everyone who had bought passes to go Errm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Indeed. Especially since it was recently reported that northern California had the first reported case of the Coronavirus in someone who never left the US. I imagine people are going to want to stay as far away from California as possible, though in the end it probably won't do much good. Now that the virus is starting to spread here, it's only a matter of time before it is across the entire country.

It's smart of companies (and people in general) to cancel their plans at any events that include a large gathering of bodies. Best to be safe than sorry.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Indeed. Especially since it was recently reported that northern California had the first reported case of the Coronavirus in someone who never left the US. I imagine people are going to want to stay as far away from California as possible, though in the end it probably won't do much good. Now that the virus is starting to spread here, it's only a matter of time before it is across the entire country.

It's smart of companies (and people in general) to cancel their plans at any events that include a large gathering of bodies. Best to be safe than sorry.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,665
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So after more companies backed out, GDC announced they're postponing the event until the summer. The problem now though is all those developers, particularly independent ones, that paid to get to GDC now and have lost that money.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,665 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So after more companies backed out, GDC announced they're postponing the event until the summer. The problem now though is all those developers, particularly independent ones, that paid to get to GDC now and have lost that money.
Daltonio Offline
F.K. .... in the coffee!
Currently Playing
Death Stranding
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
XP: 154
So, the open beta for Resident Evil Resistance got delayed indefinitely on PS4 and PC, so I'm trying out the beta for Predator: Hunting Grounds instead. Surprisingly (or not) is a lot of fun so far. Still debating whether or not to bite the bullet and buy the full game.
[Image: MOnYWal.png]
Sig by Amalthea
Daltonio Offline
F.K. .... in the coffee!
Currently Playing
Death Stranding
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
XP: 154
So, the open beta for Resident Evil Resistance got delayed indefinitely on PS4 and PC, so I'm trying out the beta for Predator: Hunting Grounds instead. Surprisingly (or not) is a lot of fun so far. Still debating whether or not to bite the bullet and buy the full game.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 28th, 2020, 04:18 AM)Daltonio Wrote:
I'm trying out the beta for Predator: Hunting Grounds instead. Surprisingly (or not) is a lot of fun so far. Still debating whether or not to bite the bullet and buy the full game.
I'm surprised to hear it's good, since it hasn't had much marketing and nothing that has been shown for it made it look to be very promising as a game and instead more reliant on its license.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 28th, 2020, 04:18 AM)Daltonio Wrote:
I'm trying out the beta for Predator: Hunting Grounds instead. Surprisingly (or not) is a lot of fun so far. Still debating whether or not to bite the bullet and buy the full game.
I'm surprised to hear it's good, since it hasn't had much marketing and nothing that has been shown for it made it look to be very promising as a game and instead more reliant on its license.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So for any Switch owners here, if you haven't downloaded and tried out the Bravely Default II Demo, I highly recommend it. It's a very fun experience. The only bad thing about the game so far is that absolutely atrocious English voice acting (thankfully Square Enix was merciful enough to put JP voices in the demo so ears don't have to bleed).

Though I will say to be mindful when going into the demo. Square Enix purposely increased the difficulty of the game for the demo so players could experience the battle system at a greater height. If you're unlucky and get a bad enemy formation at a time when you're low on MP for your Black Mage (which you should be using), it can get pretty dicey because some enemies will hit for 90%+ of a character's HP in a single attack. It gets better once you get some levels and go out and get some money to go back and buy better armor, but it's definitely something to be wary about in the beginning because if you're not careful you will be met with constant game overs. Thankfully the game auto-saves when you leave the town, so you don't end up losing too much progress unless you game over after a long chain of fights.

Also the demo happens in an area exclusive to the demo itself, so for those who care about story spoilers you won't just be plopped into a part of the game three hours in.

But yeah, it's pretty good and I highly recommend checking it out.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So for any Switch owners here, if you haven't downloaded and tried out the Bravely Default II Demo, I highly recommend it. It's a very fun experience. The only bad thing about the game so far is that absolutely atrocious English voice acting (thankfully Square Enix was merciful enough to put JP voices in the demo so ears don't have to bleed).

Though I will say to be mindful when going into the demo. Square Enix purposely increased the difficulty of the game for the demo so players could experience the battle system at a greater height. If you're unlucky and get a bad enemy formation at a time when you're low on MP for your Black Mage (which you should be using), it can get pretty dicey because some enemies will hit for 90%+ of a character's HP in a single attack. It gets better once you get some levels and go out and get some money to go back and buy better armor, but it's definitely something to be wary about in the beginning because if you're not careful you will be met with constant game overs. Thankfully the game auto-saves when you leave the town, so you don't end up losing too much progress unless you game over after a long chain of fights.

Also the demo happens in an area exclusive to the demo itself, so for those who care about story spoilers you won't just be plopped into a part of the game three hours in.

But yeah, it's pretty good and I highly recommend checking it out.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I recall the voice acting in the Mini Direct and not being a fan of it. I forgot there was a demo out for it though so I'll check it out at some point, just to see what the game is like and whether I'd like the full game.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I recall the voice acting in the Mini Direct and not being a fan of it. I forgot there was a demo out for it though so I'll check it out at some point, just to see what the game is like and whether I'd like the full game.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Mm, that actually turns me off the game quite a bit. It's what made me bounce off the first game originally, and if it's gonna be more of that, I don't know if I'm personally into that. I loved the art and aesthetic but god damn, can you not just throw me into a RNG hell-hole in the first few areas?!

If Moony wants to give it a bash, I'll watch him do it and see how he fairs.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Mm, that actually turns me off the game quite a bit. It's what made me bounce off the first game originally, and if it's gonna be more of that, I don't know if I'm personally into that. I loved the art and aesthetic but god damn, can you not just throw me into a RNG hell-hole in the first few areas?!

queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Sony is giving away two free games to everybudy;

[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Sony is giving away two free games to everybudy;

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I find it hilarious that Germany and China get Knack 2 instead of the Nathan Drake Collection. ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I find it hilarious that Germany and China get Knack 2 instead of the Nathan Drake Collection. ROFL
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Apr 5th, 2020, 12:57 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

I wouldn't say it's unfair. It just makes you heavily consider whether or not a fight is worth risking or not. Like I said, it's only rough for the first bit when you're the starting level of the demo and you don't have the money to buy better armor. After you do a few fights and get some levels and money, things start to even out pretty rapidly. 

A good tip for leveling is to make one person a black mage, go out and fight the goblins right outside of the town (they are weak to fire and Fire is the only spell a B. Mage starts with), just Brave four times, cast Fire with each action and then go back to town and rest at the inn when you run out of MP. You'll instantly win most of the fights and get the money you need to gear up a little better.

The Freelancer job has a passive that increases exp earned, so I would keep the other three party members in that job at least until they learn that, so that leveling goes faster. 

There's a second boss you can fight after you beat the demo, and that thing definitely makes you work for and earn your victory. I was max level, had every job in the demo maxed out and had the best possible gear available and I still had to fight hard for my victory, but man was it great.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Apr 5th, 2020, 12:57 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

I wouldn't say it's unfair. It just makes you heavily consider whether or not a fight is worth risking or not. Like I said, it's only rough for the first bit when you're the starting level of the demo and you don't have the money to buy better armor. After you do a few fights and get some levels and money, things start to even out pretty rapidly. 

A good tip for leveling is to make one person a black mage, go out and fight the goblins right outside of the town (they are weak to fire and Fire is the only spell a B. Mage starts with), just Brave four times, cast Fire with each action and then go back to town and rest at the inn when you run out of MP. You'll instantly win most of the fights and get the money you need to gear up a little better.

The Freelancer job has a passive that increases exp earned, so I would keep the other three party members in that job at least until they learn that, so that leveling goes faster. 

There's a second boss you can fight after you beat the demo, and that thing definitely makes you work for and earn your victory. I was max level, had every job in the demo maxed out and had the best possible gear available and I still had to fight hard for my victory, but man was it great.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So Gamescom has cancelled its physical event and instead is seeking to switch to a digital event:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So Gamescom has cancelled its physical event and instead is seeking to switch to a digital event:

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Not a surprise although maybe it is considering how long away Gamescom is even. Still four months ago, would've expected the news to come in 2 months from then, but an early call isn't so bad.

Been playing the Bravely Default 2 demo, will go over to Last Game Played for that.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Not a surprise although maybe it is considering how long away Gamescom is even. Still four months ago, would've expected the news to come in 2 months from then, but an early call isn't so bad.

Been playing the Bravely Default 2 demo, will go over to Last Game Played for that.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
You know how everyone says Square Enix is the worst at announcing games way too soon? Which they are, but apparently Bethesda didn't like another company being worse than them at something, so they had to do this:

Quote:Pete Hines, Bethesda Senior Vice President of Global Marketing and Communications, has spoken out about when people could expect to learn more about The Elder Scrolls VI, the next entry in the series. Unfortunately, news is years away, and people will have to wait until Starfield, the studio’s next major project, has run its course.

Both games were both announced during Bethesda’s E3 2018 media briefing. Starfield was revealed first, while the next entry in The Elder Scrolls series received a very brief teaser trailer at the end.

Pete Hines replied to a fan on Twitter saying this:

Quote:It’s after Starfield, which you pretty much know nothing about. So if you’re coming at me for details now and not years from now, I’m failing to properly manage your expectations.

So congratulations Bethesda. You announce a game in 2018, then two years later in 2020 you say that any possible information about the game is still "years away." So we're looking at 2 years since reveal, 3-5 years away from the first information on the game (5-7 total since reveal) and then probably another 3-5 years for development to finish up. We could be looking at a 10 year gap between reveal of TESVI and actual release.

Bethesda really tries their hardest to be the worst game developer on the planet.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
You know how everyone says Square Enix is the worst at announcing games way too soon? Which they are, but apparently Bethesda didn't like another company being worse than them at something, so they had to do this:

Quote:Pete Hines, Bethesda Senior Vice President of Global Marketing and Communications, has spoken out about when people could expect to learn more about The Elder Scrolls VI, the next entry in the series. Unfortunately, news is years away, and people will have to wait until Starfield, the studio’s next major project, has run its course.

Both games were both announced during Bethesda’s E3 2018 media briefing. Starfield was revealed first, while the next entry in The Elder Scrolls series received a very brief teaser trailer at the end.

Pete Hines replied to a fan on Twitter saying this:

Quote:It’s after Starfield, which you pretty much know nothing about. So if you’re coming at me for details now and not years from now, I’m failing to properly manage your expectations.

So congratulations Bethesda. You announce a game in 2018, then two years later in 2020 you say that any possible information about the game is still "years away." So we're looking at 2 years since reveal, 3-5 years away from the first information on the game (5-7 total since reveal) and then probably another 3-5 years for development to finish up. We could be looking at a 10 year gap between reveal of TESVI and actual release.

Bethesda really tries their hardest to be the worst game developer on the planet.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Just makes me glad I didn't choose to get into Elder Scrolls yet. I know I would actually like the series, but popularity threw me off so I wanted to give other games a chance. If I was a fan I'd be very annoyed of how they've handled the announcement for the next game and that it's nowhere near any info other than there's no info for a long time. Eh Hope actual fans will find enjoyment in other old or new games in the meantime. Still ridiculous though, way to murder hype.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Just makes me glad I didn't choose to get into Elder Scrolls yet. I know I would actually like the series, but popularity threw me off so I wanted to give other games a chance. If I was a fan I'd be very annoyed of how they've handled the announcement for the next game and that it's nowhere near any info other than there's no info for a long time. Eh Hope actual fans will find enjoyment in other old or new games in the meantime. Still ridiculous though, way to murder hype.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 806 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,942 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface