General Game Chat
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yeah, I'm aware of it, but since the CE is for the Switch and there's no PS4 version of the game, I'll be waiting to pick it up when it's on sale for super cheap on Steam.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yeah, I'm aware of it, but since the CE is for the Switch and there's no PS4 version of the game, I'll be waiting to pick it up when it's on sale for super cheap on Steam.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Phogs! :O

I forgot about that game. Which booth did we play that at? I'm trying to remember what systems it was on. We should get it either way, it was a fun romp at the time ^_^
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 

I forgot about that game. Which booth did we play that at? I'm trying to remember what systems it was on. We should get it either way, it was a fun romp at the time ^_^
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,560
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Nov 10th, 2020, 03:26 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Phogs had its own booth. Not many games at PAX were within a larger booth when you exclude the ones that fall under a big publisher like Nintendo or Sony. As for the system, it looks like it was Xbox judging by the controller image underneath the screens, and the game having a demo on Xbox adds further credibility to that.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,560 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Nov 10th, 2020, 03:26 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Phogs had its own booth. Not many games at PAX were within a larger booth when you exclude the ones that fall under a big publisher like Nintendo or Sony. As for the system, it looks like it was Xbox judging by the controller image underneath the screens, and the game having a demo on Xbox adds further credibility to that.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Anyone else tried out the demo for Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity? I played it a few days ago and was actually surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did. It felt too easy on normal difficulty though so I'll probably play the demo again on a harder difficulty just to see if the game can be tough enough to encourage careful thinking rather than just mashing buttons most of the time.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Anyone else tried out the demo for Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity? I played it a few days ago and was actually surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did. It felt too easy on normal difficulty though so I'll probably play the demo again on a harder difficulty just to see if the game can be tough enough to encourage careful thinking rather than just mashing buttons most of the time.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I haven't. Never played the first Hyrule Warriors, and as everyone here knows, I am not a fan of Breath of the Wild at all, so I don't have much reason to be interested in this game, being a very distance prequel to that game. Though I know what you mean, unfortunately a lot of Musou games suffer from that. Especially KT musou games, which you think they wouldn't because KT is the company known for creating the musou sub-genre.

So I'm pretty happy. A lot of mobile platforms are doing awards right now, and Genshin Impact has won several "Game of the Year" awards for mobile games. I know they won it for the Apple Store at the very least. I think Google Play store too, but I'll have to double check on that one. Arknights has also won an award for being the most innovative mobile game of 2020, which is awesome being favorite mobile game currently and being one of my top 3 games released this year.

Getting some presents in-game for the games winning these awards is a great bonus as well.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I haven't. Never played the first Hyrule Warriors, and as everyone here knows, I am not a fan of Breath of the Wild at all, so I don't have much reason to be interested in this game, being a very distance prequel to that game. Though I know what you mean, unfortunately a lot of Musou games suffer from that. Especially KT musou games, which you think they wouldn't because KT is the company known for creating the musou sub-genre.

So I'm pretty happy. A lot of mobile platforms are doing awards right now, and Genshin Impact has won several "Game of the Year" awards for mobile games. I know they won it for the Apple Store at the very least. I think Google Play store too, but I'll have to double check on that one. Arknights has also won an award for being the most innovative mobile game of 2020, which is awesome being favorite mobile game currently and being one of my top 3 games released this year.

Getting some presents in-game for the games winning these awards is a great bonus as well.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Would you ever try a Musou game if it had the right thing attached to it @Dragon Lord?

Anyone bothering to watch The Game Awards tonight? I don't care for the awards but I will tune in for the announcements, which is really the only reason anyone cares for the show in the first place. I'm hoping for Spyro 4 just because the recently released Crash 4 artbook hides a reference to it, and I want to see something about the multiplayer game Naughty Dog is making. Silent Hill feels like a safe bet to make as a big announcement, and other than that I can't think of other surprises.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Would you ever try a Musou game if it had the right thing attached to it @Dragon Lord?

Anyone bothering to watch The Game Awards tonight? I don't care for the awards but I will tune in for the announcements, which is really the only reason anyone cares for the show in the first place. I'm hoping for Spyro 4 just because the recently released Crash 4 artbook hides a reference to it, and I want to see something about the multiplayer game Naughty Dog is making. Silent Hill feels like a safe bet to make as a big announcement, and other than that I can't think of other surprises.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I have played many musou games before, yes. Senran Kagura is a beat-em-up/musou style game. Utawarerumono also has a musou spin-off that I played. I'll also be playing Persona 5 Strikers at some point as well, which is a musou-style sequel for Persona 5.

I'm not going to be watching, but will definitely hope to see Ghost of Tsushima take home the GoTY award. Seeing it take that over TLoU2 would be just as glorious, if not more, than watching Sekiro sucker punch Death Stranding last year.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I have played many musou games before, yes. Senran Kagura is a beat-em-up/musou style game. Utawarerumono also has a musou spin-off that I played. I'll also be playing Persona 5 Strikers at some point as well, which is a musou-style sequel for Persona 5.

I'm not going to be watching, but will definitely hope to see Ghost of Tsushima take home the GoTY award. Seeing it take that over TLoU2 would be just as glorious, if not more, than watching Sekiro sucker punch Death Stranding last year.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
TLoU2 won Action/Adventure, which is the category where the winner usually goes on to win GOTY. I'd like Hades to win GOTY but I know it won't happen.

So far the event has been rather....eh. I don't know why but every time there's a live performance I always dislike it and I don't know why. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
TLoU2 won Action/Adventure, which is the category where the winner usually goes on to win GOTY. I'd like Hades to win GOTY but I know it won't happen.

So far the event has been rather....eh. I don't know why but every time there's a live performance I always dislike it and I don't know why. Errm
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm sure TLoU2 will win GoTY from the critics at least (money money money), but the important thing is that Ghost of Tsushima won Game of the Year for the Player's Choice voting. I'd much rather see the game get voted the best by the people who played it, rather than critics that likely don't even know what a video game is and were possibly just paid off to vote for it.

I did see that there was a new trailer for NieR Replicant though. That's the only thing of value that'll likely be coming out of the show. I'm happy with that.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm sure TLoU2 will win GoTY from the critics at least (money money money), but the important thing is that Ghost of Tsushima won Game of the Year for the Player's Choice voting. I'd much rather see the game get voted the best by the people who played it, rather than critics that likely don't even know what a video game is and were possibly just paid off to vote for it.

I did see that there was a new trailer for NieR Replicant though. That's the only thing of value that'll likely be coming out of the show. I'm happy with that.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So Turtle Rock just showed off a trailer for Back4Blood which is basically a spiritual successor to Left4Dead. It looks like it could be good since they showed some really cool zombie types in the trailer, and I was about to say it sucks none of it was actual gameplay but they are showing that right as I write this. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So Turtle Rock just showed off a trailer for Back4Blood which is basically a spiritual successor to Left4Dead. It looks like it could be good since they showed some really cool zombie types in the trailer, and I was about to say it sucks none of it was actual gameplay but they are showing that right as I write this. XD
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Oh dear god. So it's been announced that the digital deluxe edition of Persona 5 Strikers will come with not only bonus content exclusive to the digital version of the game, but now the pre-ordering a digital copy of the game will come with early access four days ahead of the game's official launch date.

I am very disappointed with Atlus right now. Just absolutely disgusting.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Oh dear god. So it's been announced that the digital deluxe edition of Persona 5 Strikers will come with not only bonus content exclusive to the digital version of the game, but now the pre-ordering a digital copy of the game will come with early access four days ahead of the game's official launch date.

I am very disappointed with Atlus right now. Just absolutely disgusting.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think early access to a game or its demo will become more common for digital pre-orders since Activision have put it on multiple games of theirs this year. I get why, because there's very little else you can offer digitally that compares to a physical edition, and as much as I'd like those bonuses to also be in the physical versions you just end up going back to the problem of digital versions being shit out of luck for having special edition contents worth anything again.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think early access to a game or its demo will become more common for digital pre-orders since Activision have put it on multiple games of theirs this year. I get why, because there's very little else you can offer digitally that compares to a physical edition, and as much as I'd like those bonuses to also be in the physical versions you just end up going back to the problem of digital versions being shit out of luck for having special edition contents worth anything again.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah, the most stuff you can offer digitally are dumb things like PSN avatars and themes (for PlayStation users, at least). Digital artbooks and maybe in-game costumes could be a thing, too, I guess, but I dunno. It's never as special as something tangible, right?
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah, the most stuff you can offer digitally are dumb things like PSN avatars and themes (for PlayStation users, at least). Digital artbooks and maybe in-game costumes could be a thing, too, I guess, but I dunno. It's never as special as something tangible, right?
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So it's been announced that there's a new demo for Bravely Default II on the eShop! Unlike the first demo, this one will not be in an exclusive area. It'll be the first chapter of the actual game. Nintendo also announced that just downloading the demo will be enough to reward you with 100 Platinum Coins, if collecting those to get free goodies is something you care about.

I'm super hyped for this. Loved the first demo/beta, and I'm excited to play this and see what the first chapter of the game will be like. Hopefully it'll be a good indicator for how the story of the game is going to turn out.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So it's been announced that there's a new demo for Bravely Default II on the eShop! Unlike the first demo, this one will not be in an exclusive area. It'll be the first chapter of the actual game. Nintendo also announced that just downloading the demo will be enough to reward you with 100 Platinum Coins, if collecting those to get free goodies is something you care about.

I'm super hyped for this. Loved the first demo/beta, and I'm excited to play this and see what the first chapter of the game will be like. Hopefully it'll be a good indicator for how the story of the game is going to turn out.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I never played the first demo for Bravely Default 2, and maybe I'll remember to at least download this one just to see what the game is like. I know virtually nothing of it besides the genre but I won't pass up a free chance to see if I like something new.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I never played the first demo for Bravely Default 2, and maybe I'll remember to at least download this one just to see what the game is like. I know virtually nothing of it besides the genre but I won't pass up a free chance to see if I like something new.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 779 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,919 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface