General Game Chat
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yeah, Legend of Mana was a PS1 title. I played it a bit on PS3 years ago, but didn't get too far, so I'm actually pretty excited for this Remaster. Now I'll have no excuse not to play through the entirety of it.

I just hope that it isn't exclusive to the Switch, and that Nintendo just got to reveal it. Not having this on PS4 would be a real shame. Just saw the video on SE's YouTube and it has PS4 and Steam listed as well. We safe.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yeah, Legend of Mana was a PS1 title. I played it a bit on PS3 years ago, but didn't get too far, so I'm actually pretty excited for this Remaster. Now I'll have no excuse not to play through the entirety of it.

I just hope that it isn't exclusive to the Switch, and that Nintendo just got to reveal it. Not having this on PS4 would be a real shame. Just saw the video on SE's YouTube and it has PS4 and Steam listed as well. We safe.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Forgot about mentioning the demo and Legend of Mana, I'll definitely try out the demo and am interested in the latter.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Forgot about mentioning the demo and Legend of Mana, I'll definitely try out the demo and am interested in the latter.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC

So this is an interesting watch. Scalpers are now crying that the negative press around them using bots to buy all the PS5 stock and then re-sell them for 2-3 times the original price is unfair and that they are doing us consumers a huge favor by being the "middle man."

These people have ascended to a very special level of stupid.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC

So this is an interesting watch. Scalpers are now crying that the negative press around them using bots to buy all the PS5 stock and then re-sell them for 2-3 times the original price is unfair and that they are doing us consumers a huge favor by being the "middle man."

These people have ascended to a very special level of stupid.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
But... if they didn't take them all then what would the difference be for a consumer except for a lower price? If they want to think that buying them all guarantees everyone gets exactly one because they can better keep track of where their stock is going then why charge so high? Well I expect they'll just claim it's their reward for their service or some bollocks. Rolleyes
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
But... if they didn't take them all then what would the difference be for a consumer except for a lower price? If they want to think that buying them all guarantees everyone gets exactly one because they can better keep track of where their stock is going then why charge so high? Well I expect they'll just claim it's their reward for their service or some bollocks. Rolleyes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
My favorite part was the dude that runs that scalping organization saying that he's donated so much money to charity, then when asked for the name of the charity so they could fact-check it, he wouldn't answer.

Sorry dude, just saying you donate to charity without any concrete proof doesn't excuse you from being absolute scum.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
My favorite part was the dude that runs that scalping organization saying that he's donated so much money to charity, then when asked for the name of the charity so they could fact-check it, he wouldn't answer.

Sorry dude, just saying you donate to charity without any concrete proof doesn't excuse you from being absolute scum.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Even then, the cynic in me is just thinking did he donate to charity to just look good and also try and get a tax break or something. Like how much did you make versus donate? He could have made enough to benefit himself financially and then have enough to also benefit himself morally and favorably by donating and not looking like he's purely in it for himself (even though he really is by having to try and use a donation for brownie points). It's like people who film themselves doing good deeds; it's tarnished by the fact that you feel the need to get recognition for it by anyone other than the recipient.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Even then, the cynic in me is just thinking did he donate to charity to just look good and also try and get a tax break or something. Like how much did you make versus donate? He could have made enough to benefit himself financially and then have enough to also benefit himself morally and favorably by donating and not looking like he's purely in it for himself (even though he really is by having to try and use a donation for brownie points). It's like people who film themselves doing good deeds; it's tarnished by the fact that you feel the need to get recognition for it by anyone other than the recipient.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Scalpers are just as bad as art thieves. "I was doing YOU a favor!" Meh

The only game resellers you should believe are people that sell old games at a decent price. I've never had a bad experience with an old game reseller.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Scalpers are just as bad as art thieves. "I was doing YOU a favor!" Meh

The only game resellers you should believe are people that sell old games at a decent price. I've never had a bad experience with an old game reseller.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sony have announced there will be a new State of Play tomorrow:

Anyone got anything they hope to see at the event? I'm not going in expecting much except for more footage of Ratchet & Clank, and a likely delay on God of War.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sony have announced there will be a new State of Play tomorrow:

Anyone got anything they hope to see at the event? I'm not going in expecting much except for more footage of Ratchet & Clank, and a likely delay on God of War.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So Bioware has announced today that it's stopping development work on Anthem NEXT, which was supposed to be a restructured version of the major flop that was Anthem.

The legacy of Anthem being one of the biggest flops continues with the improved version of it not even making it out of the development door before they gave up on it. Big oof for all of the unfortunate suckers who not only wasted their money on Anthem, but actually held out hope for this restructured version of the game saving their money.

Bioware: "We were going to restructure the game and actually try and put out something good, but then we realized we already have your money, so why waste our time?"
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So Bioware has announced today that it's stopping development work on Anthem NEXT, which was supposed to be a restructured version of the major flop that was Anthem.

The legacy of Anthem being one of the biggest flops continues with the improved version of it not even making it out of the development door before they gave up on it. Big oof for all of the unfortunate suckers who not only wasted their money on Anthem, but actually held out hope for this restructured version of the game saving their money.

Bioware: "We were going to restructure the game and actually try and put out something good, but then we realized we already have your money, so why waste our time?"
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not surprised. I didn't expect EA to want the project to continue, since it means pouring money into a product that has already made such a loss for them and EA isn't going to like the thought of updating a game for free like how No Man's Sky did it. Plus, if they have the choice of pouring more money into Anthem, or saving it/giving it to the next Mass Effect or Dragon Age game, then they're absolutely going to put the money towards something that has a higher chance of success. It isn't helped that they've spent two years so far just talking about what they'll do, with no actual progress. I don't know of any other game that had a rocky launch spend two years on making more promises and delivering nothing at all.

I still think that if the future Bioware projects aren't big hit successes like their older stuff was, that EA will shut that studio down. Since Mass Effect 3, they've cancelled 3 games entirely, and released three other games of which one was very well received (Dragon Age: Inquisition), one that was not that great (Mass Effect: Andromeda), and one that was so bad it just got shot in the back of the head. To have 6 games in development since 2012 of which only one was unquestionably good doesn't bode well for any studio, but especially not for one under EA.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not surprised. I didn't expect EA to want the project to continue, since it means pouring money into a product that has already made such a loss for them and EA isn't going to like the thought of updating a game for free like how No Man's Sky did it. Plus, if they have the choice of pouring more money into Anthem, or saving it/giving it to the next Mass Effect or Dragon Age game, then they're absolutely going to put the money towards something that has a higher chance of success. It isn't helped that they've spent two years so far just talking about what they'll do, with no actual progress. I don't know of any other game that had a rocky launch spend two years on making more promises and delivering nothing at all.

I still think that if the future Bioware projects aren't big hit successes like their older stuff was, that EA will shut that studio down. Since Mass Effect 3, they've cancelled 3 games entirely, and released three other games of which one was very well received (Dragon Age: Inquisition), one that was not that great (Mass Effect: Andromeda), and one that was so bad it just got shot in the back of the head. To have 6 games in development since 2012 of which only one was unquestionably good doesn't bode well for any studio, but especially not for one under EA.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
And so Bioware will just be another studio Unicronic Arts has eaten, chewed up, and spit out. What a surprise, how did we let it happen again? *dull surprise*
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
And so Bioware will just be another studio Unicronic Arts has eaten, chewed up, and spit out. What a surprise, how did we let it happen again? *dull surprise*
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 24th, 2021, 10:47 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I don't expect it'll be very long before Codemasters gets negatively affected in some capacity by EA now that they've been acquired by them. In an ideal world they'd get to carry on as normal and maybe get their hands on Need For Speed or Burnout.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 24th, 2021, 10:47 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I don't expect it'll be very long before Codemasters gets negatively affected in some capacity by EA now that they've been acquired by them. In an ideal world they'd get to carry on as normal and maybe get their hands on Need For Speed or Burnout.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Dragon Lord: So as to not derail the FF7R thread, I saw you say Remnant was a good game for PS+. I actually have no clue what that game is and was surprised you (or anyone here) knew and cared for it, and now I'm curious about it. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Dragon Lord: So as to not derail the FF7R thread, I saw you say Remnant was a good game for PS+. I actually have no clue what that game is and was surprised you (or anyone here) knew and cared for it, and now I'm curious about it. XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It's basically Dark Souls with guns, but with about 10 more layers of brutally screwing you in the rear. It has co-op though, which is pretty neat for a game like it.

My friend will be happy that I can get it, since she picked it up a while ago and has been trying to convince me to buy it. I've been interested in the game for a long while, but just have had too many other games to play.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
It's basically Dark Souls with guns, but with about 10 more layers of brutally screwing you in the rear. It has co-op though, which is pretty neat for a game like it.

My friend will be happy that I can get it, since she picked it up a while ago and has been trying to convince me to buy it. I've been interested in the game for a long while, but just have had too many other games to play.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Hmm, maybe I'll take a deeper look into it with some footage on YouTube and stuff, or I'll just grab it when it goes on PS+ and try it blind. Not like I can lose anything by doing so since it'll be free. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Hmm, maybe I'll take a deeper look into it with some footage on YouTube and stuff, or I'll just grab it when it goes on PS+ and try it blind. Not like I can lose anything by doing so since it'll be free. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 794 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,927 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface