General Game Chat
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
TGS tends to be a mixed bag of: updates to things we've seen and debuting new content. largely the former though, but that's a good thing! Usually things that had "announcement" type trailers will typically get full blown gameplay and quality trailers during TGS, which is way better than just "hype name drop announced" all the time at things like E3/Summer Games Fest.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
TGS tends to be a mixed bag of: updates to things we've seen and debuting new content. largely the former though, but that's a good thing! Usually things that had "announcement" type trailers will typically get full blown gameplay and quality trailers during TGS, which is way better than just "hype name drop announced" all the time at things like E3/Summer Games Fest.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Funny how the Program Schedule doesn't have a slot for Bandai Namco yet they're meant to be there. At least in their individual schedule they have times, and apparently there's 2 hours of Tekken Talk so if that's going to be more of what Gamescom had it'll be a waste so why 2 hours, surely there could be something noteworthy in there.

Hmm Dragon's Dogma 2 will be playable here, I assume in some kind of demo form. Would be good to see gameplay.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Funny how the Program Schedule doesn't have a slot for Bandai Namco yet they're meant to be there. At least in their individual schedule they have times, and apparently there's 2 hours of Tekken Talk so if that's going to be more of what Gamescom had it'll be a waste so why 2 hours, surely there could be something noteworthy in there.

Hmm Dragon's Dogma 2 will be playable here, I assume in some kind of demo form. Would be good to see gameplay.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I hadn't noticed DD2 was going to be playable on the show floor @Mr EliteL. Hopefully that means a release date will be within the first half of 2024.

For any Tales of fans here, Kenji Anabuki is returning to the series as the leader for that development team: https://noisypixel.net/scarlet-nexus-dir...am-leader/
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I hadn't noticed DD2 was going to be playable on the show floor @Mr EliteL. Hopefully that means a release date will be within the first half of 2024.

For any Tales of fans here, Kenji Anabuki is returning to the series as the leader for that development team: https://noisypixel.net/scarlet-nexus-dir...am-leader/
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
He apparently was only director for Tales of Xillia 2. So I guess if you liked Xillia 2's style, Shrug
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
He apparently was only director for Tales of Xillia 2. So I guess if you liked Xillia 2's style, Shrug
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Tales of Xillia 2 was... pretty mediocre over all, so that's not really a good sign for the series. Looks like the up and down nature of the series continues. Well, as long as the next game turns out to be better than Arise, that would be a positive regardless I guess.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Tales of Xillia 2 was... pretty mediocre over all, so that's not really a good sign for the series. Looks like the up and down nature of the series continues. Well, as long as the next game turns out to be better than Arise, that would be a positive regardless I guess.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Did you wind up playing Scarlet Nexus, DL? I forget. He stopped doing Tales series games to work on that, apparently.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Did you wind up playing Scarlet Nexus, DL? I forget. He stopped doing Tales series games to work on that, apparently.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I have Scarlet Nexus for PS5, but I haven't played it yet. Another one of the many games that is doomed to remain on my eternal backlog for all time. I decided to play Tales of Arise first, and then haven't been able to actually get through the game in the last two years because it's just so... bleh.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I have Scarlet Nexus for PS5, but I haven't played it yet. Another one of the many games that is doomed to remain on my eternal backlog for all time. I decided to play Tales of Arise first, and then haven't been able to actually get through the game in the last two years because it's just so... bleh.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 12th, 2023, 02:47 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Huh. With the way that article was titled I got the impression he was the lead for most of the Tales of games and that his return would be therefore a good thing. I didn't read the article far enough the first time to see he was a developer on most of the games he had any involvement with.
I guess being in charge of the team depends on what he has say over I guess. Directing doesn't mean he'll write the story or anything so that might steer clear of a problem, but I don't know if lead director means he gets any say over how the game should play or if he just directs the team towards the vision that has been envisioned for the game they're working on.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 12th, 2023, 02:47 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Huh. With the way that article was titled I got the impression he was the lead for most of the Tales of games and that his return would be therefore a good thing. I didn't read the article far enough the first time to see he was a developer on most of the games he had any involvement with.
I guess being in charge of the team depends on what he has say over I guess. Directing doesn't mean he'll write the story or anything so that might steer clear of a problem, but I don't know if lead director means he gets any say over how the game should play or if he just directs the team towards the vision that has been envisioned for the game they're working on.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just saw that once again classified documents have been leaked onto the War Thunder forums: https://forum.warthunder.com/t/technical...ache/27350
This comes not even two weeks after the last leak happened, and makes this the third just this month: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Thunde...ents_leaks

I'm impressed at how this sort of thing still isn't under control it seems, and how willing some people are to share things that they must know is going to get them in trouble with wherever they work. These leaks are also the only time I ever hear about War Thunder as a game and I don't think I'd know it exists otherwise. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just saw that once again classified documents have been leaked onto the War Thunder forums: https://forum.warthunder.com/t/technical...ache/27350
This comes not even two weeks after the last leak happened, and makes this the third just this month: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Thunde...ents_leaks

I'm impressed at how this sort of thing still isn't under control it seems, and how willing some people are to share things that they must know is going to get them in trouble with wherever they work. These leaks are also the only time I ever hear about War Thunder as a game and I don't think I'd know it exists otherwise. XD
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yeah, War Thunder has been getting very bad, lately. It's actually really funny.

Meanwhile, I'm sufficiently annoyed and terrified.

So, my PSP's charging port is wonky. It doesn't really get a good contact with the charger, meaning I've gotta twist it around and jiggle it before it reads. I'm not about to replace the entire PSP over this, especially when I bought this specific model for recording purposes. Good news: the repair job is really easy! The part is just a plug-and-play setup, no soldering or anything super awful like that where I can absolutely destroy the damn thing. Plus, people are still making the part, so I can buy it for about 8 bucks after shipping. Bad news: I have to remove all of the controls and the screen, because the plug for the charger port is underneath the screen, and threads under the circuit board for the power switch, so the procedure is still quite invasive!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yeah, War Thunder has been getting very bad, lately. It's actually really funny.

Meanwhile, I'm sufficiently annoyed and terrified.

So, my PSP's charging port is wonky. It doesn't really get a good contact with the charger, meaning I've gotta twist it around and jiggle it before it reads. I'm not about to replace the entire PSP over this, especially when I bought this specific model for recording purposes. Good news: the repair job is really easy! The part is just a plug-and-play setup, no soldering or anything super awful like that where I can absolutely destroy the damn thing. Plus, people are still making the part, so I can buy it for about 8 bucks after shipping. Bad news: I have to remove all of the controls and the screen, because the plug for the charger port is underneath the screen, and threads under the circuit board for the power switch, so the procedure is still quite invasive!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Although you have to remove a lot of things do any of them require a lot of effort to remove or require care to not damage something, or is it just undoing some screws and taking each piece out layer by layer?
What do you record with it btw?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Although you have to remove a lot of things do any of them require a lot of effort to remove or require care to not damage something, or is it just undoing some screws and taking each piece out layer by layer?
What do you record with it btw?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, the 2000 series of PSP have a neat feature. Built into the headphone jack of the PSP is video out. And they are straight up RCA cables (the yellow, red, white cable type); nothing fancy. So, I can record gameplay from it using that feature. Sadly, I have to play using the thing as a controller; it only allows EITHER Video out or on the system, not both. As far as what I would record, I plan on doing something like Jeanne D'Arc in a future episode, because it's like Operation Darkness, in that it's takes a real event, and makes it F***IN' WEIRD!

Based on the video I watched, it looks like it just slots in and out of place. All the wiring is plugged, rather than soldered, so it's just a matter of "making sure it goes back together without breaking something", which legitimately terrifies me, because I have a tendency to break things.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, the 2000 series of PSP have a neat feature. Built into the headphone jack of the PSP is video out. And they are straight up RCA cables (the yellow, red, white cable type); nothing fancy. So, I can record gameplay from it using that feature. Sadly, I have to play using the thing as a controller; it only allows EITHER Video out or on the system, not both. As far as what I would record, I plan on doing something like Jeanne D'Arc in a future episode, because it's like Operation Darkness, in that it's takes a real event, and makes it F***IN' WEIRD!

Based on the video I watched, it looks like it just slots in and out of place. All the wiring is plugged, rather than soldered, so it's just a matter of "making sure it goes back together without breaking something", which legitimately terrifies me, because I have a tendency to break things.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So funny enough, after I listed a bunch of the issues with Lords of the Fallen in the last game played topic last night, I saw the notes for the newest patch on PC that actually addresses most of those issues.

I'll give them credit, at least they are listening to the complaints of the players and are willing to work on them and make the game better, instead of just refusing to acknowledge they released a poopy game. Wish some other devs could put their pride aside and admit their games need to be drastically better *coughBethesdacough*
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So funny enough, after I listed a bunch of the issues with Lords of the Fallen in the last game played topic last night, I saw the notes for the newest patch on PC that actually addresses most of those issues.

I'll give them credit, at least they are listening to the complaints of the players and are willing to work on them and make the game better, instead of just refusing to acknowledge they released a poopy game. Wish some other devs could put their pride aside and admit their games need to be drastically better *coughBethesdacough*
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 14th, 2023, 10:52 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Wow, I never would've thought a handheld console would feature RCA cable ports on it. Blink
Did you manage to fix it or did you not get around to it yet?

Decided to go looking through the articles of a gaming website I've not visited in a while, and came across this article: Time Extension | Best Music Videos Featuring Video Games
I never knew any game had been featured notably in a music video, or at least not to a degree where one can make the claim of "Music videos and video games go together well. It’s a well-known fact." If that's a well-known fact then I present to you the rock I live under, because this is the first I'm hearing of these two mediums mixing together in this way. Not counting things like Californication by RHCP because while that is a gaming themed music video it isn't themed after a real video game.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 14th, 2023, 10:52 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Wow, I never would've thought a handheld console would feature RCA cable ports on it. Blink
Did you manage to fix it or did you not get around to it yet?

Decided to go looking through the articles of a gaming website I've not visited in a while, and came across this article: Time Extension | Best Music Videos Featuring Video Games
I never knew any game had been featured notably in a music video, or at least not to a degree where one can make the claim of "Music videos and video games go together well. It’s a well-known fact." If that's a well-known fact then I present to you the rock I live under, because this is the first I'm hearing of these two mediums mixing together in this way. Not counting things like Californication by RHCP because while that is a gaming themed music video it isn't themed after a real video game.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I love companies that want $200 for a Collector's Edition, then don't ship it out by release date, and five days after release people are still wondering why their CEs haven't shipped yet and the company won't say a word about it on any of their socials.

Oh yeah, can't forget they also charged everyone for it back in June when pre-orders started. Gotta love it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I love companies that want $200 for a Collector's Edition, then don't ship it out by release date, and five days after release people are still wondering why their CEs haven't shipped yet and the company won't say a word about it on any of their socials.

Oh yeah, can't forget they also charged everyone for it back in June when pre-orders started. Gotta love it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 784 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,925 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface