General Game Chat
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,699
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Playtonic also have a publisher now in Team17, which probably helps them in regards to a budget. I'm glad they appear to have scaled back on the game though. Making a 2D platformer will be a lot easier to pull of right compared to a 3D open environment one, especially in a post-Mario Odyssey world.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,699 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Playtonic also have a publisher now in Team17, which probably helps them in regards to a budget. I'm glad they appear to have scaled back on the game though. Making a 2D platformer will be a lot easier to pull of right compared to a 3D open environment one, especially in a post-Mario Odyssey world.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So I finally got around to watching the finale for SGDQ 2019, and I saw something that might be interesting to you, Shira and Moon. AGDQ 2020 is going to take place January 5th through January 12th in Orlando. I know you guys aren't that far out from Orlando, so maybe something you might want to consider trying to go to for a day or two.

I really need to get myself down to SGDQ one of these summers. If they continue to host it in Minneapolis, it's only two hours away from me.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So I finally got around to watching the finale for SGDQ 2019, and I saw something that might be interesting to you, Shira and Moon. AGDQ 2020 is going to take place January 5th through January 12th in Orlando. I know you guys aren't that far out from Orlando, so maybe something you might want to consider trying to go to for a day or two.

I really need to get myself down to SGDQ one of these summers. If they continue to host it in Minneapolis, it's only two hours away from me.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,854
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Been playing Forza Horizon 4 after rage quitting it a while ago. I did it because something snapped in my brain, and now I'm testing tuning in order to prove a point to some friends of mine who are hardcore car nerds and actually know how to tune in the game, and keep telling me to tune, and I STILL REMEMBER HOW IT WAS IN NEED FOR SPEED UNDERGROUND 2 I'M NOT DOING THAT TORTURE AGAIN! Sorry, that slipped out of me. Point is, I've gone crazy now over this game, and I'm keeping data. LOTS of data.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,854 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Been playing Forza Horizon 4 after rage quitting it a while ago. I did it because something snapped in my brain, and now I'm testing tuning in order to prove a point to some friends of mine who are hardcore car nerds and actually know how to tune in the game, and keep telling me to tune, and I STILL REMEMBER HOW IT WAS IN NEED FOR SPEED UNDERGROUND 2 I'M NOT DOING THAT TORTURE AGAIN! Sorry, that slipped out of me. Point is, I've gone crazy now over this game, and I'm keeping data. LOTS of data.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I never touched tuning in NFSU2, nor any game that offered it like Gran Turismo. I never understood any of it back when I played those games, so I just never touched it. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I never touched tuning in NFSU2, nor any game that offered it like Gran Turismo. I never understood any of it back when I played those games, so I just never touched it. XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Sony is having a sale currently on a lot of retro games (including remasters/remakes of retro games). You can find some good deals up to 75%-80% off.

I picked up Titan Souls for $3.75 (normally $14.99) and saw other deals like getting the Spyro Reignited + Crash N-Sane Trilogy bundle for something like $41, or being able to pick up the Devil May Cry HD Collection that comes with DMC4 Special Edition for $11.24 (normally $44.99).

Sale ends on the 23rd, so figured I'd point it out here in case someone hasn't seen it yet. Might be something in there that piques your interest.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Sony is having a sale currently on a lot of retro games (including remasters/remakes of retro games). You can find some good deals up to 75%-80% off.

I picked up Titan Souls for $3.75 (normally $14.99) and saw other deals like getting the Spyro Reignited + Crash N-Sane Trilogy bundle for something like $41, or being able to pick up the Devil May Cry HD Collection that comes with DMC4 Special Edition for $11.24 (normally $44.99).

Sale ends on the 23rd, so figured I'd point it out here in case someone hasn't seen it yet. Might be something in there that piques your interest.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Metal Wolf Chaos unlocked! METAL WOLF CHAOS UNLOCKED! THIS IS NOT A DRILL, PEOPLE! I SAY AGAIN, THIS IS NOT A DRILL! BELIEVE IN YOUR OWN JUSTICE, AND YOUR BURNING AMERICAN FREEDOM!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Metal Wolf Chaos unlocked! METAL WOLF CHAOS UNLOCKED! THIS IS NOT A DRILL, PEOPLE! I SAY AGAIN, THIS IS NOT A DRILL! BELIEVE IN YOUR OWN JUSTICE, AND YOUR BURNING AMERICAN FREEDOM!
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
And Square Enix is shutting down Star Ocean Anamnesis Global.

I'd like to give a big "fuck you" to Square Enix for dragging along the player base for several months instead of just announcing their intentions from the start. This was obviously a decision that was made months ago (when they fired the community manager and stopped doing any live streams and other community-based events), and not something they just came to the decision to do recently.

I'm definitely going to reconsider purchasing any games with SE's name on it from here on. Was looking forward to Oninaki and now I don't know if I'm even going to be willing to give Square Enix any more money. They pulled such a shit move with this, something that only happened because of their own incompetence and negligence. The game could have done perfectly fine, if it was ran by a company that actually knew how to do anything right.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
And Square Enix is shutting down Star Ocean Anamnesis Global.

I'd like to give a big "fuck you" to Square Enix for dragging along the player base for several months instead of just announcing their intentions from the start. This was obviously a decision that was made months ago (when they fired the community manager and stopped doing any live streams and other community-based events), and not something they just came to the decision to do recently.

I'm definitely going to reconsider purchasing any games with SE's name on it from here on. Was looking forward to Oninaki and now I don't know if I'm even going to be willing to give Square Enix any more money. They pulled such a shit move with this, something that only happened because of their own incompetence and negligence. The game could have done perfectly fine, if it was ran by a company that actually knew how to do anything right.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 

Whistle
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 

Whistle
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Was there any reason he was sending them other than being off his rocker?

@Dragon Lord: I'd just buy the game used so that way SE doesn't make money off the sale. That way you can still play Oninaki but without lining their pockets. Wink

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Was there any reason he was sending them other than being off his rocker?

@Dragon Lord: I'd just buy the game used so that way SE doesn't make money off the sale. That way you can still play Oninaki but without lining their pockets. Wink
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
He told police that the reason he went the death threats was because he lost a game. I read the article the first day news of it broke, but at the time there was no clarification if it meant that he lost in one of their game and was mad about it, or if he was playing a gacha game of theirs and he lost a lot of money and didn't get the character/item he was chasing or if he was playing one of their games that got shut down.

There was another incident involving threats to SE earlier this year in which a man was mad that he spent over 200,000 Yen in one of their gacha games and didn't get the item he was after.

As for Oninaki, I would end up doing that, but after playing the demo and seeing how fun the game is, I don't know if I'd be able to wait. Plus I'd hate to punish a company like Tokyo RPG Factory just because they are under Square Enix. Same goes for Tri-Ace when the Star Ocean: First Departure Remaster releases (though with any luck Tri-Ace will self-publish it like they did with Resonance of Fate Remaster).
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
He told police that the reason he went the death threats was because he lost a game. I read the article the first day news of it broke, but at the time there was no clarification if it meant that he lost in one of their game and was mad about it, or if he was playing a gacha game of theirs and he lost a lot of money and didn't get the character/item he was chasing or if he was playing one of their games that got shut down.

There was another incident involving threats to SE earlier this year in which a man was mad that he spent over 200,000 Yen in one of their gacha games and didn't get the item he was after.

As for Oninaki, I would end up doing that, but after playing the demo and seeing how fun the game is, I don't know if I'd be able to wait. Plus I'd hate to punish a company like Tokyo RPG Factory just because they are under Square Enix. Same goes for Tri-Ace when the Star Ocean: First Departure Remaster releases (though with any luck Tri-Ace will self-publish it like they did with Resonance of Fate Remaster).
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 13th, 2019, 01:14 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
As for Oninaki, I would end up doing that, but after playing the demo and seeing how fun the game is, I don't know if I'd be able to wait. Plus I'd hate to punish a company like Tokyo RPG Factory just because they are under Square Enix.
Yeah, and if the game performs badly it won't be Square that suffer, it'll be Tokyo RPG. Eh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 13th, 2019, 01:14 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
As for Oninaki, I would end up doing that, but after playing the demo and seeing how fun the game is, I don't know if I'd be able to wait. Plus I'd hate to punish a company like Tokyo RPG Factory just because they are under Square Enix.
Yeah, and if the game performs badly it won't be Square that suffer, it'll be Tokyo RPG. Eh
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 

'Starwing Paradox isn’t a game anyone in the West is likely to be familiar with. It is a team-based mech combat game by Square Enix released in Japanese arcades last year, featuring animation from Sunrise. All in all, it looks like attractive anime mayhem, and there were supposed to be tournaments for the game in four cities in Japan across these next two weekends. Unfortunately, as Kotaku reports, those are now canceled due to yet more death threats aimed at Square Enix.'
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 

'Starwing Paradox isn’t a game anyone in the West is likely to be familiar with. It is a team-based mech combat game by Square Enix released in Japanese arcades last year, featuring animation from Sunrise. All in all, it looks like attractive anime mayhem, and there were supposed to be tournaments for the game in four cities in Japan across these next two weekends. Unfortunately, as Kotaku reports, those are now canceled due to yet more death threats aimed at Square Enix.'
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It sucks that they had to cancel the tournaments just for some people being imbeciles. I wouldn't be surprised if half the threats are just people trolling thinking it's all shits and giggles. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It sucks that they had to cancel the tournaments just for some people being imbeciles. I wouldn't be surprised if half the threats are just people trolling thinking it's all shits and giggles. Errm
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
So, anyone who has Xbox and might not have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, I'm gonna recommend you do NOT get it. I just found out the hard way that it HOLDS YOUR ACCOUNT HOSTAGE IF YOU DON'T MAKE RECURRING PAYMENTS!

No, seriously! I cant buy any other subscriptions because the system tells me I need to resolve a payment issue, I cant just cancel the subscription because they removed the cancel button online until I make a payment, and all I wanted to do was take advantage of the 2 months for $2 I keep seeing advertised on facebook and Xbox, despite the system KNOWING I'm an existing subscriber, meaning I can't take advantage of it! So, yeah, my account is being held at gunpoint until I acquiese to their demands! F***!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
So, anyone who has Xbox and might not have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, I'm gonna recommend you do NOT get it. I just found out the hard way that it HOLDS YOUR ACCOUNT HOSTAGE IF YOU DON'T MAKE RECURRING PAYMENTS!

No, seriously! I cant buy any other subscriptions because the system tells me I need to resolve a payment issue, I cant just cancel the subscription because they removed the cancel button online until I make a payment, and all I wanted to do was take advantage of the 2 months for $2 I keep seeing advertised on facebook and Xbox, despite the system KNOWING I'm an existing subscriber, meaning I can't take advantage of it! So, yeah, my account is being held at gunpoint until I acquiese to their demands! F***!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So you can't buy say, Xbox Live, without renewing Game Pass? I feel like it should work like PS+, where if you don't renew it you can't play the games you got through it. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So you can't buy say, Xbox Live, without renewing Game Pass? I feel like it should work like PS+, where if you don't renew it you can't play the games you got through it. Errm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 806 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,949 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface