Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,931
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Actually it seems the PSVue had about 500,000 subscribers. That is on the low end compared to Hulu, YouTube TV, and Sling TV who all have over 2 million subscribers. But 500,000 subscribers is below what some analysts have reported and would suggest that PlayStation Vue may have lost subscribers after their most recent price hike.

It also seems that Sony wants to sell PSVue; https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/playstat...-for-sale/
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,931 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Actually it seems the PSVue had about 500,000 subscribers. That is on the low end compared to Hulu, YouTube TV, and Sling TV who all have over 2 million subscribers. But 500,000 subscribers is below what some analysts have reported and would suggest that PlayStation Vue may have lost subscribers after their most recent price hike.

It also seems that Sony wants to sell PSVue; https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/playstat...-for-sale/
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,015
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I doubt anyone will buy Vue. 500,000 subscribers is not that great for a streaming service and worse when that number of people couldn't generate a profit for the service. Hiking the price shows Sony was trying to just get money from whoever they could and it backfired. Clearly the platform barely has any worthwhile content on it because if it did, the price hike would've been to improve the service or cover the costs of having a very large number of users rather than an attempt to save it.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,015 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I doubt anyone will buy Vue. 500,000 subscribers is not that great for a streaming service and worse when that number of people couldn't generate a profit for the service. Hiking the price shows Sony was trying to just get money from whoever they could and it backfired. Clearly the platform barely has any worthwhile content on it because if it did, the price hike would've been to improve the service or cover the costs of having a very large number of users rather than an attempt to save it.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Idk, Sony seems to think there might be a buyer out there. Impo, if the price were cheap enough & I ran Netflix I'd probably go for it; since they need something keeping them going since Disney will be pulling out this month.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Idk, Sony seems to think there might be a buyer out there. Impo, if the price were cheap enough & I ran Netflix I'd probably go for it; since they need something keeping them going since Disney will be pulling out this month.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So Valve finally did something with Half Life after nearly 20 years, and honestly if the game is as good as the trailer makes it out to be they could actually produce something that really propels the VR scene like how they revolutionised stuff with Half Life 1 and 2. It didn't have that typical jank a lot of FPS VR games tend to have in their movement. Again though, trailers are tailored to look good, hence why I say if it turns out as good as they show it off to be.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So Valve finally did something with Half Life after nearly 20 years, and honestly if the game is as good as the trailer makes it out to be they could actually produce something that really propels the VR scene like how they revolutionised stuff with Half Life 1 and 2. It didn't have that typical jank a lot of FPS VR games tend to have in their movement. Again though, trailers are tailored to look good, hence why I say if it turns out as good as they show it off to be.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,893
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Valve knows how to develop games still?! WELL, they could've fooled me. And here I thought they were content to sit on their asses, not policing their own storefront as it bloats to an insane degree from the utter crap that keeps getting on the store that doesn't belong there! You'd think that they'd have just killed the IP after the travesty that was Hunt Down The Freeman, but we shall see how it goes, I suppose. Even if I'm still not a believer in VR.

So, a couple days ago, my mind very suddenly remembered a game that I wish became more important than it did. A game that made a splash to offend the general public, and then faded into obscurity after it came out and it sucked. Does anyone remember Hatred? I've talked about it before on the old forum, and I still feel the same way about it that I did then: it should have been an important game, and it just...wasn't. It should have been the game that started a revolt against the very concept of gaming so that the artform could evolve, like Dada did to art and Industrial did to music. Instead, people just treated it as a game that tried to offend for shock value, and just let it die. I don't care that it wasn't good; I just wish it had been important, and it's a shame that it didn't.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,893 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Valve knows how to develop games still?! WELL, they could've fooled me. And here I thought they were content to sit on their asses, not policing their own storefront as it bloats to an insane degree from the utter crap that keeps getting on the store that doesn't belong there! You'd think that they'd have just killed the IP after the travesty that was Hunt Down The Freeman, but we shall see how it goes, I suppose. Even if I'm still not a believer in VR.

So, a couple days ago, my mind very suddenly remembered a game that I wish became more important than it did. A game that made a splash to offend the general public, and then faded into obscurity after it came out and it sucked. Does anyone remember Hatred? I've talked about it before on the old forum, and I still feel the same way about it that I did then: it should have been an important game, and it just...wasn't. It should have been the game that started a revolt against the very concept of gaming so that the artform could evolve, like Dada did to art and Industrial did to music. Instead, people just treated it as a game that tried to offend for shock value, and just let it die. I don't care that it wasn't good; I just wish it had been important, and it's a shame that it didn't.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Personally I'm laughing inwardly about how bad of a launch Stadia has had. xp
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Personally I'm laughing inwardly about how bad of a launch Stadia has had. xp
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Stadia was a mess of a launch. If it wasn't from a big company like Google, I wouldn't have been surprised by it. However Google of all companies should have known better than to commit some of the mistakes they made with that launch. All it does is show that their ambitions are probably beyond what they can reasonable achieve. Even with the tech, it means little if the human side of things isn't having everything running smoothly too.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Stadia was a mess of a launch. If it wasn't from a big company like Google, I wouldn't have been surprised by it. However Google of all companies should have known better than to commit some of the mistakes they made with that launch. All it does is show that their ambitions are probably beyond what they can reasonable achieve. Even with the tech, it means little if the human side of things isn't having everything running smoothly too.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
The Stadia makes me laugh at how naive Google was. "Too much data from streaming games? Oh, ISPs will raise data caps." HAHAHAHAHA! RIGHT, YOU KEEP THINKING THAT!

So, Bluepoint Games are trolling their followers. For those that don't know, Bluepoint Games was the studio behind the very well-received remake of Shadow of the Colossus. Now, they are being obscure twits on Twitter. They released two cryptic tweets, one on Halloween and one on Thanksgiving, that are nothing short of trolling. They are obtuse poems that people are speculating are cryptic hints as to two projects the studio is working on, and the prevailing theory -- at least, what I could find -- is this: the Thanksgiving tweet is referencing a possible Demon's Souls remake, and the Halloween tweet? That's Legend of Dragoon. At least, GameRant thinks that, which...okay? When I read the Halloween tweet, I get Symphony of the Night first and foremost. A couple other possible throw outs are Syphon Filter and MGS. Plus, Bluepoint has only announced one project for PS5, so we have to narrow it down. Demon's Souls sounds the most likely based on the Thanksgiving tweet, but high-ups in Bluepoint have already said they've wanted to work on Legend of Dragoon, and this year is Legend of Dragoon's 20th anniversary, so it could happen? And the Thanksgiving Halloween (DERP!) tweet says that there are two? Either way, Bluepoint is being deliberately cryptic, and is just trolling the internet, seeing them spin their wheels as they giggle. Ten bucks says their next tweet is on Christmas, and is just more cryptic nonsense.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
The Stadia makes me laugh at how naive Google was. "Too much data from streaming games? Oh, ISPs will raise data caps." HAHAHAHAHA! RIGHT, YOU KEEP THINKING THAT!

So, Bluepoint Games are trolling their followers. For those that don't know, Bluepoint Games was the studio behind the very well-received remake of Shadow of the Colossus. Now, they are being obscure twits on Twitter. They released two cryptic tweets, one on Halloween and one on Thanksgiving, that are nothing short of trolling. They are obtuse poems that people are speculating are cryptic hints as to two projects the studio is working on, and the prevailing theory -- at least, what I could find -- is this: the Thanksgiving tweet is referencing a possible Demon's Souls remake, and the Halloween tweet? That's Legend of Dragoon. At least, GameRant thinks that, which...okay? When I read the Halloween tweet, I get Symphony of the Night first and foremost. A couple other possible throw outs are Syphon Filter and MGS. Plus, Bluepoint has only announced one project for PS5, so we have to narrow it down. Demon's Souls sounds the most likely based on the Thanksgiving tweet, but high-ups in Bluepoint have already said they've wanted to work on Legend of Dragoon, and this year is Legend of Dragoon's 20th anniversary, so it could happen? And the Thanksgiving Halloween (DERP!) tweet says that there are two? Either way, Bluepoint is being deliberately cryptic, and is just trolling the internet, seeing them spin their wheels as they giggle. Ten bucks says their next tweet is on Christmas, and is just more cryptic nonsense.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
In this the season of giving I'm attaching either a treasure or pokeball to any pokemon I trade out through 'surprise trade' in Pokemon Shield.

queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
In this the season of giving I'm attaching either a treasure or pokeball to any pokemon I trade out through 'surprise trade' in Pokemon Shield.

Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,840
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Dec 2nd, 2019, 01:57 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

I can see the reason why people would think Legend of Dragoon for the Halloween one. Two parts of the Tweet in particular could easily be very vague hints towards it.

First off, the "dart home" and "black monsters" could be referring too Dart running home to find that his village has been attacked and destroyed. Second one is the gif that they posted could be taken as a vague reference to Hellena Prison (Image for reference). Again, these would be very vague references, but I can definitely see how people would piece these two things together to be Legend of Dragoon. Obviously their goal is to be extremely vague and get people worked up over the possibilities (trolling everyone, as you said). 

On a personal level, if any of this does turn into anything, and if any of the guesses people have been throwing around prove to be correct, I'd mostly want to see PS4 ports of Demon's Souls and Legend of Dragoon. I haven't played LoD in a very, very long time and it'd be great to be able to play it again (and on PS4 I'd get my bonus of having trophies for an added layer of fun on top of an already great gaming experience). I'd also love to see a Demon's Souls port for a couple of reasons. One, because it's one of my favorite "Soulsborne" games. Second, because there's no way to do multiplayer on PS3 anymore since the severs for the game shut down. 

The nice thing to think about is that both Demon's Souls and Legend of Dragoon are IPs owned by Sony, so I could imagine them being able to strike a deal with Sony to get the rights to do both of them at once. It wouldn't be a case where they're trying to negotiate with two separate companies at once and risk the two companies trying to compete to get their game chosen over the other. The only big question would be if Sony would actually be willing to let them do ports of these games. I can't imagine why they'd say no. They don't have to do any work, and they'd get a cut of the pie, but with how Sony has been the last couple of years you can't really be sure with them.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,840 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Dec 2nd, 2019, 01:57 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

I can see the reason why people would think Legend of Dragoon for the Halloween one. Two parts of the Tweet in particular could easily be very vague hints towards it.

First off, the "dart home" and "black monsters" could be referring too Dart running home to find that his village has been attacked and destroyed. Second one is the gif that they posted could be taken as a vague reference to Hellena Prison (Image for reference). Again, these would be very vague references, but I can definitely see how people would piece these two things together to be Legend of Dragoon. Obviously their goal is to be extremely vague and get people worked up over the possibilities (trolling everyone, as you said). 

On a personal level, if any of this does turn into anything, and if any of the guesses people have been throwing around prove to be correct, I'd mostly want to see PS4 ports of Demon's Souls and Legend of Dragoon. I haven't played LoD in a very, very long time and it'd be great to be able to play it again (and on PS4 I'd get my bonus of having trophies for an added layer of fun on top of an already great gaming experience). I'd also love to see a Demon's Souls port for a couple of reasons. One, because it's one of my favorite "Soulsborne" games. Second, because there's no way to do multiplayer on PS3 anymore since the severs for the game shut down. 

The nice thing to think about is that both Demon's Souls and Legend of Dragoon are IPs owned by Sony, so I could imagine them being able to strike a deal with Sony to get the rights to do both of them at once. It wouldn't be a case where they're trying to negotiate with two separate companies at once and risk the two companies trying to compete to get their game chosen over the other. The only big question would be if Sony would actually be willing to let them do ports of these games. I can't imagine why they'd say no. They don't have to do any work, and they'd get a cut of the pie, but with how Sony has been the last couple of years you can't really be sure with them.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Well, keep in mind, these are the same developers that remade Shadow of the Colossus, as well as working on things like Gravity Rush Remastered, the Nathan Drake Collection, and co-developing things like Titanfall and Playstation All-stars Battle Royale, so they do have a good pedigree behind them. But one of my favorite possibilities I read on the twitter replies is PSASBR2. Because that made enough cash back to warrant Sony ever trying that again. But, who knows, maybe Sony is really willing to throw good money after bad. Time will tell...
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Well, keep in mind, these are the same developers that remade Shadow of the Colossus, as well as working on things like Gravity Rush Remastered, the Nathan Drake Collection, and co-developing things like Titanfall and Playstation All-stars Battle Royale, so they do have a good pedigree behind them. But one of my favorite possibilities I read on the twitter replies is PSASBR2. Because that made enough cash back to warrant Sony ever trying that again. But, who knows, maybe Sony is really willing to throw good money after bad. Time will tell...
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
The only thing that makes me skeptical about the possibility of them doing a LoD port is the fact that Sony hasn't acknowledged the game in ages. It makes it seem like Sony doesn't actually care about LoD at all, and even if they don't have to do any of the work themselves, they could just decide not to care about it. They seem more interested in making PS4 ports of PS3 games instead (which would help boost the chances of a Demon's Souls port).

It'd be nice if Sony would take a page from Square Enix, who has been busy re-releasing a lot of their older games on PS4 and other current gen systems/Steam. The just released Star Ocean: First Departure R (along with also having ported Star Ocean: Till The End of Time), Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, X and XII, remaking the Mana games as well as the Mana Collection on Switch, and Chrono Trigger on Steam. It's probably only a matter of time until we see Chrono Trigger make its way to PS4/Switch as well as them doing a 'remaster' of Chrono Cross for PS4/Switch/Steam. Hell, they even just released a couple of the SaGa games over here, which no one ever thought would happen.

Sony confuses me when it comes to this sort of thing. It seems like if they've decided they no longer want to acknowledge the existence of a game, they won't let anything be done with that game. Even if they don't have to put any money or effort towards it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
The only thing that makes me skeptical about the possibility of them doing a LoD port is the fact that Sony hasn't acknowledged the game in ages. It makes it seem like Sony doesn't actually care about LoD at all, and even if they don't have to do any of the work themselves, they could just decide not to care about it. They seem more interested in making PS4 ports of PS3 games instead (which would help boost the chances of a Demon's Souls port).

It'd be nice if Sony would take a page from Square Enix, who has been busy re-releasing a lot of their older games on PS4 and other current gen systems/Steam. The just released Star Ocean: First Departure R (along with also having ported Star Ocean: Till The End of Time), Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, X and XII, remaking the Mana games as well as the Mana Collection on Switch, and Chrono Trigger on Steam. It's probably only a matter of time until we see Chrono Trigger make its way to PS4/Switch as well as them doing a 'remaster' of Chrono Cross for PS4/Switch/Steam. Hell, they even just released a couple of the SaGa games over here, which no one ever thought would happen.

Sony confuses me when it comes to this sort of thing. It seems like if they've decided they no longer want to acknowledge the existence of a game, they won't let anything be done with that game. Even if they don't have to put any money or effort towards it.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(Dec 9th, 2019, 01:19 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
The only thing that makes me skeptical about the possibility of them doing a LoD port is the fact that Sony hasn't acknowledged the game in ages. It makes it seem like Sony doesn't actually care about LoD at all, and even if they don't have to do any of the work themselves, they could just decide not to care about it.

Well, you say that, but we know that Dart at one point was considered for the roster of PSASBR, which fits in with the timeline of them renewing the game's trademark. It's a small gesture, sure, and maybe if PSASBR hadn't of tanked, we would have gotten that Dart Feld DLC, but I don't think they have forgotten about it like Activizzard has with Metal Arms or anything like that, where they furiously are hoarding the rights to it but refuse to do anything with it. I mean, between the Legend of Dragoon 2 pre-production being cancelled and this, I just think they haven't found a way (and reason) to USE it yet outside of this potential remake of the game. What with remakes and remasters making all of the cash money nowadays, it's possible Sony could finally found a way to use the license. The trick then is "who do we give it to?" It seems obvious to give SIE Japan another whack at it, but given that Legend of Dragoon sold better in America over Japan, it could be argued that a game dev closer to its larger demographic could be a better option. As well, while it was a financial success, its critical reception wasn't amazing, and it might just be that the ravenous fanbase asking for more of it isn't enough to justify a full-blown remake (and I would argue with the overall stagnation and homogenization of the market, now is the PERFECT time to drop it and make gobs of money from a demo that isn't being wildly catered to, like Bravely Default did). But, I'm still holding out hopes that they announce it, because the twentieth anniversary was the 2nd of this month, so cross your fingers; maybe we'll get our Christmas gift.

TL;DR: I don't think they've forgotten about the game outright, just they haven't found the right way to use it.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(Dec 9th, 2019, 01:19 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
The only thing that makes me skeptical about the possibility of them doing a LoD port is the fact that Sony hasn't acknowledged the game in ages. It makes it seem like Sony doesn't actually care about LoD at all, and even if they don't have to do any of the work themselves, they could just decide not to care about it.

Well, you say that, but we know that Dart at one point was considered for the roster of PSASBR, which fits in with the timeline of them renewing the game's trademark. It's a small gesture, sure, and maybe if PSASBR hadn't of tanked, we would have gotten that Dart Feld DLC, but I don't think they have forgotten about it like Activizzard has with Metal Arms or anything like that, where they furiously are hoarding the rights to it but refuse to do anything with it. I mean, between the Legend of Dragoon 2 pre-production being cancelled and this, I just think they haven't found a way (and reason) to USE it yet outside of this potential remake of the game. What with remakes and remasters making all of the cash money nowadays, it's possible Sony could finally found a way to use the license. The trick then is "who do we give it to?" It seems obvious to give SIE Japan another whack at it, but given that Legend of Dragoon sold better in America over Japan, it could be argued that a game dev closer to its larger demographic could be a better option. As well, while it was a financial success, its critical reception wasn't amazing, and it might just be that the ravenous fanbase asking for more of it isn't enough to justify a full-blown remake (and I would argue with the overall stagnation and homogenization of the market, now is the PERFECT time to drop it and make gobs of money from a demo that isn't being wildly catered to, like Bravely Default did). But, I'm still holding out hopes that they announce it, because the twentieth anniversary was the 2nd of this month, so cross your fingers; maybe we'll get our Christmas gift.

TL;DR: I don't think they've forgotten about the game outright, just they haven't found the right way to use it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If anything is coming from those tweets, I'd expect it to be tonight at The Game Awards, only because otherwise I feel those tweets will fall from the memories of all but the most hardcore fans of what games they may be teasing with them if nothing happens until next year. Plus starting too early with teases is making it harder to actually avoid disappointing people who expect X but end up with Y, which seems like a bad idea the longer it goes on for.

Speaking of, anyone tuning in to the TGA's tonight? I am but only because of the trailers. I don't really care much about the awards except for CTR winning best racing game because it's earned it far more than any other racing game from this year.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If anything is coming from those tweets, I'd expect it to be tonight at The Game Awards, only because otherwise I feel those tweets will fall from the memories of all but the most hardcore fans of what games they may be teasing with them if nothing happens until next year. Plus starting too early with teases is making it harder to actually avoid disappointing people who expect X but end up with Y, which seems like a bad idea the longer it goes on for.

Speaking of, anyone tuning in to the TGA's tonight? I am but only because of the trailers. I don't really care much about the awards except for CTR winning best racing game because it's earned it far more than any other racing game from this year.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I won't be watching for the simple fact that it's just going to be, "my best friend is Hideo Kojima so I'm going to make sure his overhyped, mediocre walking simulator is nominated in literally every category and wins them all."

Also some of the categories they have are just getting ridiculous. Now we have "best memelord streamer" (content creator) and best eSports player like before, and now we're adding in "best eSports coach" (these people need COACHES?! LOL!) and "best eSports host." Getting really pathetic to see what they're really stretching for to come up with more content.

Some thoughts on some of the award categories themselves:

-Jump Force being nominated for best fighting game might be the only joke bigger than Death Stranding in nominated for any of these awards.
-I don't know how Final Fantasy XIV isn't in "best multiplayer game"
-Kingdom Hearts III has no business being in the best RPG category over Fire Emblem: Three Houses, or many other RPGs that released this year for that matter.
-Cadence of Hyrule needs to win best score & music. I haven't played the game myself, but have heard its music and it's great.
-Three Houses better be voted the winner of best Strategy game. It's not even close among the nominees. The fact that this is the only category Three Houses is even nominated in is extremely sad.

I expect Death Stranding to win in every category its nominated just because the guy who runs the show is bffs with Kojima and he needs to make sure he stays in good standing with him. Going to be really sad to see, honestly. Kojima has always been one of the most overrated and overhyped developers out there and to see people try to call his mediocre movie with walking simulator elements "the most legendary game ever created" is just pathetic. But it explains why Kojima is such an arrogant egomaniac.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I won't be watching for the simple fact that it's just going to be, "my best friend is Hideo Kojima so I'm going to make sure his overhyped, mediocre walking simulator is nominated in literally every category and wins them all."

Also some of the categories they have are just getting ridiculous. Now we have "best memelord streamer" (content creator) and best eSports player like before, and now we're adding in "best eSports coach" (these people need COACHES?! LOL!) and "best eSports host." Getting really pathetic to see what they're really stretching for to come up with more content.

Some thoughts on some of the award categories themselves:

-Jump Force being nominated for best fighting game might be the only joke bigger than Death Stranding in nominated for any of these awards.
-I don't know how Final Fantasy XIV isn't in "best multiplayer game"
-Kingdom Hearts III has no business being in the best RPG category over Fire Emblem: Three Houses, or many other RPGs that released this year for that matter.
-Cadence of Hyrule needs to win best score & music. I haven't played the game myself, but have heard its music and it's great.
-Three Houses better be voted the winner of best Strategy game. It's not even close among the nominees. The fact that this is the only category Three Houses is even nominated in is extremely sad.

I expect Death Stranding to win in every category its nominated just because the guy who runs the show is bffs with Kojima and he needs to make sure he stays in good standing with him. Going to be really sad to see, honestly. Kojima has always been one of the most overrated and overhyped developers out there and to see people try to call his mediocre movie with walking simulator elements "the most legendary game ever created" is just pathetic. But it explains why Kojima is such an arrogant egomaniac.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 860 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,977 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface