General Game Chat
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
All Bethesda did was just officially state the obvious. We all know Rockstar will make a GTA 6, but they wouldn't go out on stage and say so in a way that makes it sound as if they're ready to talk about it in some capacity when they have nothing but its existence to talk about. I expect they only ever said it to begin with because F76 was their most recent offering and at the time it was regarded as a complete piece of shit, so they wanted to try and win people back over with a game announcement they would want to hear. Trouble is, we all knew they would do another TES after the success of the others, so announcing it just came off as if you had started work on it and had stuff planned for it that you could share. Even if not footage, you would expect at least some concept art, setting, something. Not just a name and fuck all for god knows how many years.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,601 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
All Bethesda did was just officially state the obvious. We all know Rockstar will make a GTA 6, but they wouldn't go out on stage and say so in a way that makes it sound as if they're ready to talk about it in some capacity when they have nothing but its existence to talk about. I expect they only ever said it to begin with because F76 was their most recent offering and at the time it was regarded as a complete piece of shit, so they wanted to try and win people back over with a game announcement they would want to hear. Trouble is, we all knew they would do another TES after the success of the others, so announcing it just came off as if you had started work on it and had stuff planned for it that you could share. Even if not footage, you would expect at least some concept art, setting, something. Not just a name and fuck all for god knows how many years.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I mean, didn't they preface the original announcement with the fact that it's just happening at all and they got nothing for it yet and won't for years?

It's still an incredibly dumb PR move on their part but I don't think that information was falsely known. Errm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,231 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I mean, didn't they preface the original announcement with the fact that it's just happening at all and they got nothing for it yet and won't for years?

It's still an incredibly dumb PR move on their part but I don't think that information was falsely known. Errm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
This was what Todd says in their respective announcements at E3 2018:

"Starfield is a game that we have spent years thinking about, and working on. Something we feel uniquely positioned to pull off, and we are incredibly excited about."

"We are also building toward the game after that. It's the one you keep asking about."

That was basically all he said. Starfield should have no excuse to be lacking news when you introduce it with "We've spent years thinking about it and working on it". That implies before 2018 you already had shit in the oven, and two years later you still have nothing to share? Years being plural would imply at the latest a 2016 start, so in four years you have produced nothing to even talk about? Not even a concept of what the game will be, or the genre?

TES6 was basically just saying "Yes we're doing it, of course we are, but after Starfield", so the lack of information on that fits with what was said when we first heard about it. Seeing how it was introduced, the lack of information shouldn't be surprising for that game. However there should be something for Starfield this year to share, otherwise what exactly has been happening for the past 4+ years with it or even the past two since it was announced?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
This was what Todd says in their respective announcements at E3 2018:

"Starfield is a game that we have spent years thinking about, and working on. Something we feel uniquely positioned to pull off, and we are incredibly excited about."

"We are also building toward the game after that. It's the one you keep asking about."

That was basically all he said. Starfield should have no excuse to be lacking news when you introduce it with "We've spent years thinking about it and working on it". That implies before 2018 you already had shit in the oven, and two years later you still have nothing to share? Years being plural would imply at the latest a 2016 start, so in four years you have produced nothing to even talk about? Not even a concept of what the game will be, or the genre?

TES6 was basically just saying "Yes we're doing it, of course we are, but after Starfield", so the lack of information on that fits with what was said when we first heard about it. Seeing how it was introduced, the lack of information shouldn't be surprising for that game. However there should be something for Starfield this year to share, otherwise what exactly has been happening for the past 4+ years with it or even the past two since it was announced?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So did anyone get anything from the Steam Summer Sale yet or plans to?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So did anyone get anything from the Steam Summer Sale yet or plans to?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I was thinking about getting Orangeblood, Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI. That would be me just a tad above $30 so I could get the $5 discount.

However, I am having a hard time pulling the trigger on FFV and FFVI just because of the ugly ass sprite work they did in the mobile ports. Like, I would absolutely love to have FFV with achievements, but I'd have to deal with my eyes bleeding the entire time I'm playing it because of what they did to the game. The best part is that the sprites in the mobile/Steam ports don't even match the character's designs, lmfao.

For anyone who doesn't know, go look at the screenshots of the Steam port of FFV. Just be warned your eyes may start bleeding or explode at the horrific sight of those sprites.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I was thinking about getting Orangeblood, Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI. That would be me just a tad above $30 so I could get the $5 discount.

However, I am having a hard time pulling the trigger on FFV and FFVI just because of the ugly ass sprite work they did in the mobile ports. Like, I would absolutely love to have FFV with achievements, but I'd have to deal with my eyes bleeding the entire time I'm playing it because of what they did to the game. The best part is that the sprites in the mobile/Steam ports don't even match the character's designs, lmfao.

For anyone who doesn't know, go look at the screenshots of the Steam port of FFV. Just be warned your eyes may start bleeding or explode at the horrific sight of those sprites.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I assume there's no way to modify the games to use the old sprites @Dragon Lord?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I assume there's no way to modify the games to use the old sprites @Dragon Lord?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Unfortunately there are no mods for making it have the SNES/GBA graphics. Just some mods to textures and some other minor graphical improvements.

I went ahead and bought it anyways after all. Those sprites might be painful, but I just can't pass up FFV with achievements. Especially since the game has almost a whopping 100 achievements to get, including mastering all jobs on all four characters. As a big complesionist, that's like a dream come true for achievements. I'm going to have a lot of fun grinding those out, which will counterbalance the pain of looking at those sprites.

I'm also happy Steam has a system where you can make a controller compatible with a game no matter what. Square Enix, in their typical "we're too lazy to actually put any effort into anything" made the FFV Steam port without making it compatible with controllers. But as I mentioned, thankfully Steam has a system where I can go into it and force the game to be compatible with my Dualshock 4 controller, saving me the extreme pain of having to play the game with keyboard and mouse. I don't know anyone who would find playing an RPG like FFV fun with that.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Unfortunately there are no mods for making it have the SNES/GBA graphics. Just some mods to textures and some other minor graphical improvements.

I went ahead and bought it anyways after all. Those sprites might be painful, but I just can't pass up FFV with achievements. Especially since the game has almost a whopping 100 achievements to get, including mastering all jobs on all four characters. As a big complesionist, that's like a dream come true for achievements. I'm going to have a lot of fun grinding those out, which will counterbalance the pain of looking at those sprites.

I'm also happy Steam has a system where you can make a controller compatible with a game no matter what. Square Enix, in their typical "we're too lazy to actually put any effort into anything" made the FFV Steam port without making it compatible with controllers. But as I mentioned, thankfully Steam has a system where I can go into it and force the game to be compatible with my Dualshock 4 controller, saving me the extreme pain of having to play the game with keyboard and mouse. I don't know anyone who would find playing an RPG like FFV fun with that.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I got Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Generations, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IX, World of Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy IV from the steam sale. I'm considering getting Dead Cells from the Steam sale atmo, looks neat.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I got Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Generations, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IX, World of Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy IV from the steam sale. I'm considering getting Dead Cells from the Steam sale atmo, looks neat.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I've been playing the Genshin Impact Beta the last few days, and this game is going to be so good. It's like Breath of the Wild, but actually good.

And the English voice acting is actually pretty good. You can tell they have put a lot of effort into this game and it shows. The worst part about this is that playing the Beta is going to make waiting for the actual release of the game all the harder.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I've been playing the Genshin Impact Beta the last few days, and this game is going to be so good. It's like Breath of the Wild, but actually good.

And the English voice acting is actually pretty good. You can tell they have put a lot of effort into this game and it shows. The worst part about this is that playing the Beta is going to make waiting for the actual release of the game all the harder.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I just looked into something called Parsec, which I kept seeing mentioned in the titles of a YouTube/Twitch channel I watch that often has the group of people on it playing old games in multiplayer despite those games not having servers. The general gist of it seems to be that it literally lets you play a game in multiplayer without needing to do it via local play or with the online features, and if that's exactly what it does then that's so cool! I might look into it more to see if I can play some Crash Bash with my dad again since that's something you can't really do with a 3000+ mile distance between you. XD

https://parsecgaming.com/

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I just looked into something called Parsec, which I kept seeing mentioned in the titles of a YouTube/Twitch channel I watch that often has the group of people on it playing old games in multiplayer despite those games not having servers. The general gist of it seems to be that it literally lets you play a game in multiplayer without needing to do it via local play or with the online features, and if that's exactly what it does then that's so cool! I might look into it more to see if I can play some Crash Bash with my dad again since that's something you can't really do with a 3000+ mile distance between you. XD

https://parsecgaming.com/
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Because it's literally just Amazon Stadia, I didn't see a point to making a thread dedicated to this: https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/24/21451...controller

Google hasn't really managed to get anywhere with Stadia, so I doubt Amazon is going to fare better despite Luna being 50% cheaper per month than Stadia. Honestly I think the only company that could pull off a successful cloud gaming service is Microsoft, since they already have such an established user base with Game Pass.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Because it's literally just Amazon Stadia, I didn't see a point to making a thread dedicated to this: https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/24/21451...controller

Google hasn't really managed to get anywhere with Stadia, so I doubt Amazon is going to fare better despite Luna being 50% cheaper per month than Stadia. Honestly I think the only company that could pull off a successful cloud gaming service is Microsoft, since they already have such an established user base with Game Pass.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
In unofficial news: if you're a Gamepass holder and was worried about Dishonored 2 leaving the service in October, well, it has been removed from the "Leaving Soon" section of the Xbox app. That said, there has been no confirmation from Xbox yet that it's here to stay.

Personally, I hope it does. Arcane is one of my favorite studios after enjoying Dishonored 1 and Prey, and I really want to play this game when I get my XSX.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
In unofficial news: if you're a Gamepass holder and was worried about Dishonored 2 leaving the service in October, well, it has been removed from the "Leaving Soon" section of the Xbox app. That said, there has been no confirmation from Xbox yet that it's here to stay.

Personally, I hope it does. Arcane is one of my favorite studios after enjoying Dishonored 1 and Prey, and I really want to play this game when I get my XSX.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I can see it staying now since it's a first party title and as far as I know those don't get taken off Game Pass.

I started Dishonored 2 a while ago and never finished it, but I've been meaning to go back to it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I can see it staying now since it's a first party title and as far as I know those don't get taken off Game Pass.

I started Dishonored 2 a while ago and never finished it, but I've been meaning to go back to it.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
I'm mostly surprised because the discussion online seemed to indicate that the benefits for the acquisition wouldn't be seen until the ink is dry mid-next year.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
I'm mostly surprised because the discussion online seemed to indicate that the benefits for the acquisition wouldn't be seen until the ink is dry mid-next year.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Sep 24th, 2020, 07:14 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Hey, at least Luna is a nicer name than Stadia...

.....................Yeah, that's about the only thing that I can come up with. The controller is just typical copy/pasted Xbox/Switch Pro Controller layout, so nothing special there. I expect this to end up about the same as Stadia in the end.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Sep 24th, 2020, 07:14 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Hey, at least Luna is a nicer name than Stadia...

.....................Yeah, that's about the only thing that I can come up with. The controller is just typical copy/pasted Xbox/Switch Pro Controller layout, so nothing special there. I expect this to end up about the same as Stadia in the end.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 786 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,926 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface