General Game Chat
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
True, true. Though speaking of the PS+ games, I just saw that if you get FFVII Remake free from PS+, it will not be eligible for a free upgrade to the PS5 version when it comes out. So that might be something people want to keep in mind if they are at all interested in the enhanced version coming.

You'll have to pay for that upgrade regardless.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
True, true. Though speaking of the PS+ games, I just saw that if you get FFVII Remake free from PS+, it will not be eligible for a free upgrade to the PS5 version when it comes out. So that might be something people want to keep in mind if they are at all interested in the enhanced version coming.

You'll have to pay for that upgrade regardless.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,588
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm not surprised by the lack of upgrade. It may have even been done to drive sales of the PS5 version since that's the only copy that will have access to the DLC.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,588 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm not surprised by the lack of upgrade. It may have even been done to drive sales of the PS5 version since that's the only copy that will have access to the DLC.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yeah, no, DL hit it on the head aside from one detail: the game is procedurally generated, and randomly determines dungeons and the like available to you on each playthrough. You can reset a playthrough at any time and keep your stuff, it's just you probably won't get the same map, meaning you have a chance at different equipment each time.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yeah, no, DL hit it on the head aside from one detail: the game is procedurally generated, and randomly determines dungeons and the like available to you on each playthrough. You can reset a playthrough at any time and keep your stuff, it's just you probably won't get the same map, meaning you have a chance at different equipment each time.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Interesting. I assume there's a way the game balances itself though to stop you just becoming overpowered if you reset a playthrough with a character that is stronger than what you start off as though? I know games like Dark Souls just let you rip shop or scale the characters but that's for NG+, which is easier to scale with a character than something like what this sounds like.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Interesting. I assume there's a way the game balances itself though to stop you just becoming overpowered if you reset a playthrough with a character that is stronger than what you start off as though? I know games like Dark Souls just let you rip shop or scale the characters but that's for NG+, which is easier to scale with a character than something like what this sounds like.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
It's been a while, but as I recall it actually doesn't? But then again, finding horrendously overpowered items is difficult, and the game has plenty of ways other than monster difficult to make your day "interesting". Even if you manage to +5 your weapons (which is the highest it can go before special items are needed), the weapons are balanced such that you aren't horrendously overpowered except to VERY basic enemies.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
It's been a while, but as I recall it actually doesn't? But then again, finding horrendously overpowered items is difficult, and the game has plenty of ways other than monster difficult to make your day "interesting". Even if you manage to +5 your weapons (which is the highest it can go before special items are needed), the weapons are balanced such that you aren't horrendously overpowered except to VERY basic enemies.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So there's Elden Ring footage out in the open today although I haven't seen it myself yet. On the flip side of the story though we have some journalistic website doing this:

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So there's Elden Ring footage out in the open today although I haven't seen it myself yet. On the flip side of the story though we have some journalistic website doing this:
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
IBT have to be the video-game journalism equivalent of The Raw Story. What an absolute trainwreck. Part of me thinks this is the kind of attention they want, but who knows.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
IBT have to be the video-game journalism equivalent of The Raw Story. What an absolute trainwreck. Part of me thinks this is the kind of attention they want, but who knows.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd think so but there's better ways to drive traffic to a site without ruining your credibility. This comes off more that they are trying to get a story out so fast that they're not stopping to check themselves, especially when they delete this stuff the instant it gets caught by someone.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd think so but there's better ways to drive traffic to a site without ruining your credibility. This comes off more that they are trying to get a story out so fast that they're not stopping to check themselves, especially when they delete this stuff the instant it gets caught by someone.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Glad I've never come across or read IBT before that snippet. Elden Ring is a game I'm interested in seeing, but waiting on official info and credibility instead of something like IBT. Glad there's people out there to pick up on stuff not legit from whatever site's put out.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Glad I've never come across or read IBT before that snippet. Elden Ring is a game I'm interested in seeing, but waiting on official info and credibility instead of something like IBT. Glad there's people out there to pick up on stuff not legit from whatever site's put out.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
IBT has done it before where they took a Tweet and made an article on the whole thing as if it was a true fact, so that's how people pick up on their shit so fast.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
IBT has done it before where they took a Tweet and made an article on the whole thing as if it was a true fact, so that's how people pick up on their shit so fast.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Anyone interested in anything being offered for this? I'd maybe get Subnautica but I'd only play it on PS5 because it runs like shit on PS4. Gungeon would be on my radar but I already have it on Switch.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Anyone interested in anything being offered for this? I'd maybe get Subnautica but I'd only play it on PS5 because it runs like shit on PS4. Gungeon would be on my radar but I already have it on Switch.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So I've decided to set a Platinum goal for myself for this year, after severely lacking on completing games in 2020. My goal is to finish 50 games this year. It'll be interesting to see if I can complete that goal with Genshin continuing to take time every day, but I do have a lot of short games I could get out of the way quickly to reach the goal easier.

After finishing the Ys IX platinum, I got back on Sakuna: Or Rice and Ruin and quickly finished that one (I didn't realized how close I actually was to it, should have just finished it instead of shelfing it to play Ys IX sooner), and now I'm back on Super Neptunia RPG, which I left unfinished back in November (when Sakuna came out). I let myself get really sloppy with starting new games and not finishing the ones I was previously playing, so gotta clean those up a bit. Want to be done with Super Nep by the time the NieR remake comes out in 12 days, which should be plenty of time.

Need to pick up the pace either way though. 3 Platinums in the first three months of the year isn't gonna cut it.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So I've decided to set a Platinum goal for myself for this year, after severely lacking on completing games in 2020. My goal is to finish 50 games this year. It'll be interesting to see if I can complete that goal with Genshin continuing to take time every day, but I do have a lot of short games I could get out of the way quickly to reach the goal easier.

After finishing the Ys IX platinum, I got back on Sakuna: Or Rice and Ruin and quickly finished that one (I didn't realized how close I actually was to it, should have just finished it instead of shelfing it to play Ys IX sooner), and now I'm back on Super Neptunia RPG, which I left unfinished back in November (when Sakuna came out). I let myself get really sloppy with starting new games and not finishing the ones I was previously playing, so gotta clean those up a bit. Want to be done with Super Nep by the time the NieR remake comes out in 12 days, which should be plenty of time.

Need to pick up the pace either way though. 3 Platinums in the first three months of the year isn't gonna cut it.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I'll be looking forward to seeing how that goal pans out, DL!

This'll be going on tomorrow at noon (EST). Wonder what will come of it? Large doubts Silksong will be in it. It's the indie version of "Elden Ring" news at this point ROFL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I'll be looking forward to seeing how that goal pans out, DL!

This'll be going on tomorrow at noon (EST). Wonder what will come of it? Large doubts Silksong will be in it. It's the indie version of "Elden Ring" news at this point ROFL
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Eh, that Indie World had nothing of interest to me. Most of the games just looked like stuff I'd be bored playing.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Eh, that Indie World had nothing of interest to me. Most of the games just looked like stuff I'd be bored playing.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah. Only a few things were like "huh, that's interesting". Cris Tales is cool if nothing else that com_poser, the guy who makes all the cool Mario Maker music levels and helped port and rearrange songs for Grand Poo World 2, got his first real job doing the music for that game, so that's cool.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah. Only a few things were like "huh, that's interesting". Cris Tales is cool if nothing else that com_poser, the guy who makes all the cool Mario Maker music levels and helped port and rearrange songs for Grand Poo World 2, got his first real job doing the music for that game, so that's cool.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 780 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,919 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface