Phasmophobia | 2024 Roadmap and Beyond...
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I hadn't read the other changes when I saw the patch notes originally (mostly from thinking nothing significant of note was going to be in them besides the Custom difficulty changes), but I agree with you DL, that sanity penalty for asking about the bone is ridiculous. The fact that it takes as much sanity as asking for the ghost location (which is significantly more useful) is ridiculous. Assuming it isn't 50%+ already, it would've been better to make asking for Hide & Seek with the board take away 50% sanity instead so the ghost gets into regular hunting range if you use it at a high sanity level.
I checked the post about this patch on this games sub-reddit which is where I found the news and nobody brought up the sanity change yet, so either it's being missed over the more notable change to Custom like how I overlooked it, or nobody cared enough to bring it up. I could check the games Discord to see but I'm not a member and can't be bothered to scour who-knows-how-many comments to try and find criticism. Meh

As for other aspects of the patch notes, I'd like to find something that fully breaks down the range of a lit area. Does it mean if I'm in a room with the main light on I won't lose sanity even if that light isn't enough to illuminate every inch of a room, which tends to be common on larger maps where the rooms are bigger than what the light can illuminate. If it's based on whether the exact spot you are in has light visibly hitting it, does that count for even the smallest amount of light or does it need to be at a certain brightness? The Phasmo Wiki says it's based on distance from a light source relative to the players head, and that if a spot isn't lit well enough it won't prevent sanity drain, but that doesn't really explain where the cut-off is for poorly lit versus well lit. I also don't know if the Wiki is up to date following the changes to sanity drain in lit areas with this hotfix.

I did see some interesting suggestions elsewhere on this games sub-reddit while searching for any posts/comments on the sanity penalty for asking for the bone location, and I'm curious what you guys think of these:
  1. Chance to find household items in cupboards, such as salt in the kitchen or a lighter in a drawer.
  2. Navigational glowsticks for aid in not getting lost in large maps or providing a marker to other players for important rooms that may be hard to remember for a whole game, such as the breaker room or on larger maps, the ghost room.
I like the idea of the first one a lot, since I always find it funny when the radio guy says "Looks like they left in a hurry" and then most of the drawers/cupboards are completely empty. The only time I've ever searched them is on the Halloween event because there was a chance candy could be in one of the kitchen cupboards, but it'd be neat to decide whether to check a drawer/cupboard for an item or run back to the truck. I don't think it would really break any balancing myself.
As for the second, I'd love this only because I hate getting lost on larger maps trying to tell what way to go to reach the ghost room and finding the breaker is always painful on those bigger maps. I also just want any excuse for the glowsticks the new lobby had when it first rolled out to come back and get more uses. Whistle

Also if Custom doesn't have it, there should be a modifier called "Lose consumable items on use" which makes using items like salt, smudge sticks, pills, etc. be removed from your inventory at the end of the game because I doubt when anyone in this universe identifies a ghost they look at the team and go "Wait! I need to go scoop up all that salt I poured on their living room carpets!" ROFL
The only downside for this would be how the game would determine who's inventory to remove the item from if multiple players bring in a consumable item but not all of them get used. I suppose the first check could be if the player who brought the item in also used it, then it removes it from them. If 3 players bring in 3 salt but only 2 get used, and both are used by Player 4, maybe first remove the salt from any player who died and brought it in, and if nobody died I guess it would just be a random chance of who loses their salt and who doesn't.
Probably all too complex and unnecessary to ever bother implementing but it's always been a little irk of mine that absolutely nothing can be lost unless you die. It would however work well alongside the "find items in the house" suggestion for players to decide whether to consume their item or try and find one in the house to use instead.

Finally, if like me no one else has seen an Obake shapeshift and wanted to see it in action, I just saw this clip that shows it off: https://clips.twitch.tv/PricklyCrispyLor...4KW-ApvGS6
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,552 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I hadn't read the other changes when I saw the patch notes originally (mostly from thinking nothing significant of note was going to be in them besides the Custom difficulty changes), but I agree with you DL, that sanity penalty for asking about the bone is ridiculous. The fact that it takes as much sanity as asking for the ghost location (which is significantly more useful) is ridiculous. Assuming it isn't 50%+ already, it would've been better to make asking for Hide & Seek with the board take away 50% sanity instead so the ghost gets into regular hunting range if you use it at a high sanity level.
I checked the post about this patch on this games sub-reddit which is where I found the news and nobody brought up the sanity change yet, so either it's being missed over the more notable change to Custom like how I overlooked it, or nobody cared enough to bring it up. I could check the games Discord to see but I'm not a member and can't be bothered to scour who-knows-how-many comments to try and find criticism. Meh

As for other aspects of the patch notes, I'd like to find something that fully breaks down the range of a lit area. Does it mean if I'm in a room with the main light on I won't lose sanity even if that light isn't enough to illuminate every inch of a room, which tends to be common on larger maps where the rooms are bigger than what the light can illuminate. If it's based on whether the exact spot you are in has light visibly hitting it, does that count for even the smallest amount of light or does it need to be at a certain brightness? The Phasmo Wiki says it's based on distance from a light source relative to the players head, and that if a spot isn't lit well enough it won't prevent sanity drain, but that doesn't really explain where the cut-off is for poorly lit versus well lit. I also don't know if the Wiki is up to date following the changes to sanity drain in lit areas with this hotfix.

I did see some interesting suggestions elsewhere on this games sub-reddit while searching for any posts/comments on the sanity penalty for asking for the bone location, and I'm curious what you guys think of these:
  1. Chance to find household items in cupboards, such as salt in the kitchen or a lighter in a drawer.
  2. Navigational glowsticks for aid in not getting lost in large maps or providing a marker to other players for important rooms that may be hard to remember for a whole game, such as the breaker room or on larger maps, the ghost room.
I like the idea of the first one a lot, since I always find it funny when the radio guy says "Looks like they left in a hurry" and then most of the drawers/cupboards are completely empty. The only time I've ever searched them is on the Halloween event because there was a chance candy could be in one of the kitchen cupboards, but it'd be neat to decide whether to check a drawer/cupboard for an item or run back to the truck. I don't think it would really break any balancing myself.
As for the second, I'd love this only because I hate getting lost on larger maps trying to tell what way to go to reach the ghost room and finding the breaker is always painful on those bigger maps. I also just want any excuse for the glowsticks the new lobby had when it first rolled out to come back and get more uses. Whistle

Also if Custom doesn't have it, there should be a modifier called "Lose consumable items on use" which makes using items like salt, smudge sticks, pills, etc. be removed from your inventory at the end of the game because I doubt when anyone in this universe identifies a ghost they look at the team and go "Wait! I need to go scoop up all that salt I poured on their living room carpets!" ROFL
The only downside for this would be how the game would determine who's inventory to remove the item from if multiple players bring in a consumable item but not all of them get used. I suppose the first check could be if the player who brought the item in also used it, then it removes it from them. If 3 players bring in 3 salt but only 2 get used, and both are used by Player 4, maybe first remove the salt from any player who died and brought it in, and if nobody died I guess it would just be a random chance of who loses their salt and who doesn't.
Probably all too complex and unnecessary to ever bother implementing but it's always been a little irk of mine that absolutely nothing can be lost unless you die. It would however work well alongside the "find items in the house" suggestion for players to decide whether to consume their item or try and find one in the house to use instead.

Finally, if like me no one else has seen an Obake shapeshift and wanted to see it in action, I just saw this clip that shows it off: https://clips.twitch.tv/PricklyCrispyLor...4KW-ApvGS6
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Phasmophobia v8.1+ Development Preview
A new developer entry has been made on the games official Steam page detailing what can be expected in v8.1, as well as a preview of what's to come after that update drops.

Progression
  • The first part of the Progression overhaul will be coming in v9.0, which will be the next update after v8.1
  • Progression Part 1 will feature the new leveling system and equipment upgrades.
  • As has already been stated in the past, this overhaul will result in a complete progress wipe for all players, due to how equipment and upgrades will be unlocked in a specific order compared to the current system that puts no progress restriction on equipment.
  • Leveling up will no longer be per 100XP; instead, each level will require more XP as you progress and upon reaching the end of level 100, you will unlock the option to prestige and reset your progress, with the reward of a new badge and title for your ID card.
  • Your level prior to this wipe will be saved and will be used at a future date to give you a unique badge for your player character to show off how far you made it pre-wipe. These will have different colors and materials depending on how high your level was, but no distinction has been given for what the range of levels is per alteration nor what the level cap is for this badge.
Difficulties
  • Custom Difficulty will be given an overhaul to reward values in v8.1. Currently the maximum reward multiplier is 24x, but this will be lowered to approximately 15x to bring custom games closer in reward earnings to the default difficulties. This is intended to result in fairer rewards and prevent Custom Difficulty from encouraging use of optimal settings to farm XP and money.
  • A new difficulty mode called Insanity will be added. This will become the new hardest difficulty in the game, and features a reward multiplier of 6x. However, you'll have to deal with this:
    • Ghosts will hide two types of evidence.
    • No Cursed Possession.
    • The ghost's room will change more often.
    • No setup time (same as Nightmare).
    • Shorter hunt grace period.
    • Longer hunt duration and kills increase the duration.
    • Sanity pills restore less sanity.
    • Fuse box starts off (same as Nightmare).
    • Almost no hiding places.
Challenge Mode
  • A Challenge Mode will be added which will present a rotating weekly challenge hand-made by the developers.
  • You'll be able to play these modes in any location, but if you complete them three times in the specified location, you'll earn a large chunk of money and experience!
  • Equipment is provided for free, and as such you will not lose anything if you die in this mode.
  • Here are some examples of challenges that can be found in this mode:
    • Lights Out - No fuse box access and flashlights are forbidden. The only source of light will be candles and glowsticks.
    • Hide and Seek - A dedicated version of the same game you can trigger with the Ouija board.
    • Audio-Only - Focused on Paranormal Microphones and Sound Sensors.
Shop Update
  • The shop will be getting overhauled to be easier to use for purchasing items and bringing items into matches.
  • Firstly, the shop/storage page will now function like an online shopping cart. You can add your items to the list with the + icons, then choose to Buy, Sell, Add or Remove. Once you're done, you can clear your list with the Trash icon. This makes adjusting your added loadout or making a quick removal much faster than the current system.
  • Secondly, an icon has been added to each shop item, displaying how many have been committed to the lobby and will appear in the truck once you've loaded in. This should reduce the amount of jumping back and forth between the shop and the lobby screen.
  • You can see an image of the new shop via this link.
Finally, there are some new rune symbols in the lobby that hint towards something down the line, but that's for us to figure out: Rune Image

Sounds like a pretty good update; I'm mostly interested in the Challenge Mode and the Shop Update because I love it when games offer rotating challenges that mix up the regular game (hence why I play Binding of Isaac almost daily) and I've hated the current shop system ever since it was implemented. As for Insanity, I'm only worried about the less hiding places because it could mean the difference between life and death depending on whether a free spot is close to the ghost room or not. Although I reckon on some maps it won't change much because Highschool, Sunny Meadows and Prison don't really have actual hiding spots like all the other maps do, and I won't be surprised if most players find that new difficulty easiest on those maps because of how hiding isn't really going to feel different to playing those maps on any other difficulty. Especially on Highschool where if you can make it to a bathroom you're home free because the toilet stalls don't change on any difficulty and all function as closets/lockers.

On that thought, it's still dumb that Highschool doesn't have lockers to hide in when it's the one map in the game where lockers make the most sense... Errm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Phasmophobia v8.1+ Development Preview
A new developer entry has been made on the games official Steam page detailing what can be expected in v8.1, as well as a preview of what's to come after that update drops.

Progression
  • The first part of the Progression overhaul will be coming in v9.0, which will be the next update after v8.1
  • Progression Part 1 will feature the new leveling system and equipment upgrades.
  • As has already been stated in the past, this overhaul will result in a complete progress wipe for all players, due to how equipment and upgrades will be unlocked in a specific order compared to the current system that puts no progress restriction on equipment.
  • Leveling up will no longer be per 100XP; instead, each level will require more XP as you progress and upon reaching the end of level 100, you will unlock the option to prestige and reset your progress, with the reward of a new badge and title for your ID card.
  • Your level prior to this wipe will be saved and will be used at a future date to give you a unique badge for your player character to show off how far you made it pre-wipe. These will have different colors and materials depending on how high your level was, but no distinction has been given for what the range of levels is per alteration nor what the level cap is for this badge.
Difficulties
  • Custom Difficulty will be given an overhaul to reward values in v8.1. Currently the maximum reward multiplier is 24x, but this will be lowered to approximately 15x to bring custom games closer in reward earnings to the default difficulties. This is intended to result in fairer rewards and prevent Custom Difficulty from encouraging use of optimal settings to farm XP and money.
  • A new difficulty mode called Insanity will be added. This will become the new hardest difficulty in the game, and features a reward multiplier of 6x. However, you'll have to deal with this:
    • Ghosts will hide two types of evidence.
    • No Cursed Possession.
    • The ghost's room will change more often.
    • No setup time (same as Nightmare).
    • Shorter hunt grace period.
    • Longer hunt duration and kills increase the duration.
    • Sanity pills restore less sanity.
    • Fuse box starts off (same as Nightmare).
    • Almost no hiding places.
Challenge Mode
  • A Challenge Mode will be added which will present a rotating weekly challenge hand-made by the developers.
  • You'll be able to play these modes in any location, but if you complete them three times in the specified location, you'll earn a large chunk of money and experience!
  • Equipment is provided for free, and as such you will not lose anything if you die in this mode.
  • Here are some examples of challenges that can be found in this mode:
    • Lights Out - No fuse box access and flashlights are forbidden. The only source of light will be candles and glowsticks.
    • Hide and Seek - A dedicated version of the same game you can trigger with the Ouija board.
    • Audio-Only - Focused on Paranormal Microphones and Sound Sensors.
Shop Update
  • The shop will be getting overhauled to be easier to use for purchasing items and bringing items into matches.
  • Firstly, the shop/storage page will now function like an online shopping cart. You can add your items to the list with the + icons, then choose to Buy, Sell, Add or Remove. Once you're done, you can clear your list with the Trash icon. This makes adjusting your added loadout or making a quick removal much faster than the current system.
  • Secondly, an icon has been added to each shop item, displaying how many have been committed to the lobby and will appear in the truck once you've loaded in. This should reduce the amount of jumping back and forth between the shop and the lobby screen.
  • You can see an image of the new shop via this link.
Finally, there are some new rune symbols in the lobby that hint towards something down the line, but that's for us to figure out: Rune Image

Sounds like a pretty good update; I'm mostly interested in the Challenge Mode and the Shop Update because I love it when games offer rotating challenges that mix up the regular game (hence why I play Binding of Isaac almost daily) and I've hated the current shop system ever since it was implemented. As for Insanity, I'm only worried about the less hiding places because it could mean the difference between life and death depending on whether a free spot is close to the ghost room or not. Although I reckon on some maps it won't change much because Highschool, Sunny Meadows and Prison don't really have actual hiding spots like all the other maps do, and I won't be surprised if most players find that new difficulty easiest on those maps because of how hiding isn't really going to feel different to playing those maps on any other difficulty. Especially on Highschool where if you can make it to a bathroom you're home free because the toilet stalls don't change on any difficulty and all function as closets/lockers.

On that thought, it's still dumb that Highschool doesn't have lockers to hide in when it's the one map in the game where lockers make the most sense... Errm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Phasmophobia Update v.0.8.1 Released
Version 0.8.1.0 has been released for Phasmophobia, bringing new difficulties, weekly challenges, a new cursed object and more. Here are some of the highlights:
  • New Difficulty - Insanity
  • Challenge Mode - Weekly rotation of 26 different challenges, with each one available twice a year. Completing a challenge three times on the specified map will give a huge XP and money bonus.
  • New Cursed Object - Monkey Paw
    • Wishes can be found scattered throughout Sunny Meadows and will be added to your Journal when found.
  • Custom Difficulty - Reward values overhauled.
The full patch notes can be read here: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/...7404815460

For anyone who wants to see what has been found so far in terms of wishes for the Monkey Paw, I put them in a spoiler below:

Neat to see a new cursed object get added. From what I can tell, both the positive and negative will happen rather than it being a coin toss between the two options. If that is how it works I would prefer there to be a chance that only the positive can happen or only the negative, so that players don't know for certain what will happen with a particular wish every time.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Phasmophobia Update v.0.8.1 Released
Version 0.8.1.0 has been released for Phasmophobia, bringing new difficulties, weekly challenges, a new cursed object and more. Here are some of the highlights:
  • New Difficulty - Insanity
  • Challenge Mode - Weekly rotation of 26 different challenges, with each one available twice a year. Completing a challenge three times on the specified map will give a huge XP and money bonus.
  • New Cursed Object - Monkey Paw
    • Wishes can be found scattered throughout Sunny Meadows and will be added to your Journal when found.
  • Custom Difficulty - Reward values overhauled.
The full patch notes can be read here: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/...7404815460

For anyone who wants to see what has been found so far in terms of wishes for the Monkey Paw, I put them in a spoiler below:

Neat to see a new cursed object get added. From what I can tell, both the positive and negative will happen rather than it being a coin toss between the two options. If that is how it works I would prefer there to be a chance that only the positive can happen or only the negative, so that players don't know for certain what will happen with a particular wish every time.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
From what I saw during Insym's stream of the update, there does seem to be a bit or randomness with the negative effects of the wishes. He was testing out the revive wish and he was able to revive the person he was testing it with without dying, but then when they switched to his mod being the host instead, she died when she tested the reviving of him (there's also a bug right now where you can't revive the host of the lobby or something, so that's nice).

I do like the ability to change the weather though. Especially if you get heavy rain on a map like Campsite where you might need to use a candle to test for Onryo.

Gotta see if I can get that weekly challenge done. It seems like a pretty brutal one though, especially for lesser experienced players. The map is Prison, and I believe you start with only 75% sanity, Sanity Pills do not restore sanity, the breaker is broken, and ghost and player speed is 125%, plus a couple of other modifiers that I'm forgetting. I think hiding spots might all be blocked too. The nice thing though is that as long as you get the ghost type right, it counts, even if you die/your team wipes. So as long as you can just pin down what type of ghost it is before everyone dies, at least you can still get the $3,000, haha. Doubly nice since all of the items are provided for you, so you don't lose anything by dying, but can still gain the monies. Oh, speaking of items, I just remembered another thing about this week's challenge mode -- in addition to the difficulty settings, you also are given no Smudge Sticks.

So maybe we can give a run at it on Sunday or something and see if we can't bring home that fat paycheck.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
From what I saw during Insym's stream of the update, there does seem to be a bit or randomness with the negative effects of the wishes. He was testing out the revive wish and he was able to revive the person he was testing it with without dying, but then when they switched to his mod being the host instead, she died when she tested the reviving of him (there's also a bug right now where you can't revive the host of the lobby or something, so that's nice).

I do like the ability to change the weather though. Especially if you get heavy rain on a map like Campsite where you might need to use a candle to test for Onryo.

Gotta see if I can get that weekly challenge done. It seems like a pretty brutal one though, especially for lesser experienced players. The map is Prison, and I believe you start with only 75% sanity, Sanity Pills do not restore sanity, the breaker is broken, and ghost and player speed is 125%, plus a couple of other modifiers that I'm forgetting. I think hiding spots might all be blocked too. The nice thing though is that as long as you get the ghost type right, it counts, even if you die/your team wipes. So as long as you can just pin down what type of ghost it is before everyone dies, at least you can still get the $3,000, haha. Doubly nice since all of the items are provided for you, so you don't lose anything by dying, but can still gain the monies. Oh, speaking of items, I just remembered another thing about this week's challenge mode -- in addition to the difficulty settings, you also are given no Smudge Sticks.

So maybe we can give a run at it on Sunday or something and see if we can't bring home that fat paycheck.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 3rd, 2023, 04:05 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Not sure how I feel about being able to get the rewards by just getting the ghost type correct. I feel like it'll encourage people to abuse the challenges by just guessing randomly if it feels faster than doing the challenge properly.

As for that first challenge, I find it funny that it mentions no hiding spots when Prison has practically none anyway. The only hiding spot I know of are the lockers in the entrance hall, and everywhere else is just a matter of hoping you don't hide in a room that the ghost walks into because you'll probably just die. ROFL

I might be able to play on Sunday after work, but I'm also off work M-F next week too so I'd be available most mornings/days during that time if Sunday doesn't work out or if anyone wants to get in some extra sessions.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 3rd, 2023, 04:05 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Not sure how I feel about being able to get the rewards by just getting the ghost type correct. I feel like it'll encourage people to abuse the challenges by just guessing randomly if it feels faster than doing the challenge properly.

As for that first challenge, I find it funny that it mentions no hiding spots when Prison has practically none anyway. The only hiding spot I know of are the lockers in the entrance hall, and everywhere else is just a matter of hoping you don't hide in a room that the ghost walks into because you'll probably just die. ROFL

I might be able to play on Sunday after work, but I'm also off work M-F next week too so I'd be available most mornings/days during that time if Sunday doesn't work out or if anyone wants to get in some extra sessions.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Sunday would be good since that's the last day for weekly reset, so it'd be the last day we'd able to complete the first challenge mode. As for next week, and the next challenge mode, I'm free every morning after I get home from work (usually around 7-7:30 AM Central time), so any time you'd feel like playing in the morning, I could then. Otherwise I have Monday night off as well, so we could also play then pending I actually get up at a decent time, haha. Sadly I work the rest of the week though, so then I'd only be available during the mornings for those days.

You can hide in the jail cells in Prison, and they are decently reliable, but yeah, you can still get unlucky and have the ghost decide to randomly check the one that you're in and rip. Upstairs bathroom in prison also has stalls that you can hide in. There's lockers in the Infirmary as well, though we never get the ghost up there to be able to actually use them. There's also a couple of barrels you can hide behind on that weird upper ledge of the cafeteria that you need to go through the upstairs to get to. It's a pretty dumb hiding spot though considering it's so far out of the way and the ONLY time it'd ever come into play is if in the ghost is in the cafeteria monitoring room up there.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Sunday would be good since that's the last day for weekly reset, so it'd be the last day we'd able to complete the first challenge mode. As for next week, and the next challenge mode, I'm free every morning after I get home from work (usually around 7-7:30 AM Central time), so any time you'd feel like playing in the morning, I could then. Otherwise I have Monday night off as well, so we could also play then pending I actually get up at a decent time, haha. Sadly I work the rest of the week though, so then I'd only be available during the mornings for those days.

You can hide in the jail cells in Prison, and they are decently reliable, but yeah, you can still get unlucky and have the ghost decide to randomly check the one that you're in and rip. Upstairs bathroom in prison also has stalls that you can hide in. There's lockers in the Infirmary as well, though we never get the ghost up there to be able to actually use them. There's also a couple of barrels you can hide behind on that weird upper ledge of the cafeteria that you need to go through the upstairs to get to. It's a pretty dumb hiding spot though considering it's so far out of the way and the ONLY time it'd ever come into play is if in the ghost is in the cafeteria monitoring room up there.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 3rd, 2023, 07:50 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Wait, so you mean the entire cell classifies as a closet basically? I just took them to be regular rooms and that the bars might mean the ghost can just see you inside a cell even if the door is closed, although thinking on it I don't actually know for definite if ghosts can see through transparent objects or gaps on things like shelving units. I'm not sure I've even come across the bathroom in Prison but I find navigating the areas outside of the two cell blocks to be incredibly confusing once I start leaving any of the main corridors.
Maybe I should take a run through Prison on Custom with a friendly ghost and maybe an infinite breaker if the game allows that so I can just throw on all the lights and learn the layout. Especially since we rarely get a ghost outside of the showers or cell blocks and I think the one time we did I happened to walk right into the ghost room as a hunt started while we were still trying to track it down and so I died. ROFL

So I was looking up lists of supernatural objects to see if anything would be a cool thing to add to the game since the developers recently added the Monkey Paw as a new cursed object, and I came across something called the "Stone Tape Theory". Basically it's a theory about how ghosts and the deceased will leave mental impressions of traumatic events on things like rocks and other environmental objects, and that the events can be replayed under certain conditions. I dunno if it would have any use as something in games, but it did make me think about those runes that have been showing up in this game lately and if they might have been inspired by this theory at all. If there was any connection between them though it would only point to an old house in England that's cited as the most haunted place in the country, but this game doesn't seem to have maps set outside of the US so if the hint of the runes was a map inspired by that I think it would be odd to not have the map located in the country it would be referencing.
On that note though, it could be a cool thing to see this game go for locations across the world instead of just restricted to the US. Some maps based in Japan would be sick considering all the spooky shit that Japan has, and it's a shame we'd never get a Japanese house for a map with how this game currently does its locations. Sad

A Crystal Ball could be an interesting cursed object though. They give visions of the future, and since that would be super hard to implement in most ways maybe it could be used to be given a hint of when the ghost will initiate a hunt, almost like a vision of a future action the ghost will do. It might not work though if hunts activate entirely at random and don't ever run on a countdown, and I don't know what else it could show the player instead. Hmm

Also, I wanna see ectoplasm added as a new evidence type. I think the game is gonna need to start adding more evidence types as the ghost numbers increase so that ghosts don't start overlapping more and more. If not evidence then make it an event where the ghost might leave a trail of it when moving rooms or something where if you catch it you know the ghost moved and get a general sense of where.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 3rd, 2023, 07:50 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Wait, so you mean the entire cell classifies as a closet basically? I just took them to be regular rooms and that the bars might mean the ghost can just see you inside a cell even if the door is closed, although thinking on it I don't actually know for definite if ghosts can see through transparent objects or gaps on things like shelving units. I'm not sure I've even come across the bathroom in Prison but I find navigating the areas outside of the two cell blocks to be incredibly confusing once I start leaving any of the main corridors.
Maybe I should take a run through Prison on Custom with a friendly ghost and maybe an infinite breaker if the game allows that so I can just throw on all the lights and learn the layout. Especially since we rarely get a ghost outside of the showers or cell blocks and I think the one time we did I happened to walk right into the ghost room as a hunt started while we were still trying to track it down and so I died. ROFL

So I was looking up lists of supernatural objects to see if anything would be a cool thing to add to the game since the developers recently added the Monkey Paw as a new cursed object, and I came across something called the "Stone Tape Theory". Basically it's a theory about how ghosts and the deceased will leave mental impressions of traumatic events on things like rocks and other environmental objects, and that the events can be replayed under certain conditions. I dunno if it would have any use as something in games, but it did make me think about those runes that have been showing up in this game lately and if they might have been inspired by this theory at all. If there was any connection between them though it would only point to an old house in England that's cited as the most haunted place in the country, but this game doesn't seem to have maps set outside of the US so if the hint of the runes was a map inspired by that I think it would be odd to not have the map located in the country it would be referencing.
On that note though, it could be a cool thing to see this game go for locations across the world instead of just restricted to the US. Some maps based in Japan would be sick considering all the spooky shit that Japan has, and it's a shame we'd never get a Japanese house for a map with how this game currently does its locations. Sad

A Crystal Ball could be an interesting cursed object though. They give visions of the future, and since that would be super hard to implement in most ways maybe it could be used to be given a hint of when the ghost will initiate a hunt, almost like a vision of a future action the ghost will do. It might not work though if hunts activate entirely at random and don't ever run on a countdown, and I don't know what else it could show the player instead. Hmm

Also, I wanna see ectoplasm added as a new evidence type. I think the game is gonna need to start adding more evidence types as the ghost numbers increase so that ghosts don't start overlapping more and more. If not evidence then make it an event where the ghost might leave a trail of it when moving rooms or something where if you catch it you know the ghost moved and get a general sense of where.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Progression 2.0 Development Preview #8
The latest preview for Phasmophobia's upcoming Progression 2.0 update gives us a look at the WIP pre-wipe badge system and the three tiers of D.O.T.S. projector: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/...9621776648
  • All players will be set to Prestige 1 when levels are reset to zero for the Progression 2.0 update, so that everyone can continue to play on all maps and all difficulties without the need to unlock them again.
  • The first time players log-in after the update goes live will be presented with a screen to customize their pre-wipe badge. Whatever you set for your badge will be locked in permanently upon confirmation, so make sure you're happy with your choice before saving your badge. This image gives a glimpse at the choices available as well as the level requirements for each of them.
  • D.O.T.S. has been completely rebuilt, so now the visuals are of the actual ghost and thus you will need to shine your Infrared lights near the ghost's actual position. This creates much more engaging gameplay for players, you can use D.O.T.S. to see where your ghost is, or if you're struggling to get the evidence, use Salt, Motion Sensors or other equipment to find a better spot for your Projector.
  • Ghosts with D.O.T.S. evidence can now enter a short “D.O.T.S. state” when wandering; where they are temporarily visible with infrared light, during this time they will wander towards the nearest player (or to a random spot in the room if it's empty) before disappearing.
  • D.O.T.S. Tier I is like the real-life equivalent of a D.O.T.S. projector; a Laser Grid Pen. Similar to a flashlight, you can walk around the location and scan quickly for evidence, the only downside being its short range and low light intensity. Preview
  • D.O.T.S. Tier II is how you know D.O.T.S. today, a placeable projector emitting an average-sized sphere of light, except now you can encourage the ghost to walk into it by standing nearby! Preview
  • D.O.T.S. Tier III cranks up the light to the maximum, again placeable, this Projector scans the room at a much longer range with a wide beam of light, making finding ghosts in those bigger rooms much easier. Preview
  • Different tiers of the same equipment can be brought into matches by different players, allowing you to try out combinations of different tiers or simply discover what tier works best for your team.

I think this is the first time the developers have detailed the differences in tiers for any item in the game, and although it was obvious from the ordering of item tiers in the lobby this does confirm most items in the game already will be Tier II.
At first I thought Tier 1 for D.O.T.S. sounded shit, but it would actually be a good way to quickly check for D.O.T.S. without having to keep placing the Tier II or Tier III version down and picking it up. I think whether players pick Tier II or Tier III will come down to the map being played, since a lot of the house maps probably don't need a Tier III D.O.T.S. due to the small rooms. Tier III will absolutely be a necessity on maps like Prison and School though.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Progression 2.0 Development Preview #8
The latest preview for Phasmophobia's upcoming Progression 2.0 update gives us a look at the WIP pre-wipe badge system and the three tiers of D.O.T.S. projector: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/...9621776648
  • All players will be set to Prestige 1 when levels are reset to zero for the Progression 2.0 update, so that everyone can continue to play on all maps and all difficulties without the need to unlock them again.
  • The first time players log-in after the update goes live will be presented with a screen to customize their pre-wipe badge. Whatever you set for your badge will be locked in permanently upon confirmation, so make sure you're happy with your choice before saving your badge. This image gives a glimpse at the choices available as well as the level requirements for each of them.
  • D.O.T.S. has been completely rebuilt, so now the visuals are of the actual ghost and thus you will need to shine your Infrared lights near the ghost's actual position. This creates much more engaging gameplay for players, you can use D.O.T.S. to see where your ghost is, or if you're struggling to get the evidence, use Salt, Motion Sensors or other equipment to find a better spot for your Projector.
  • Ghosts with D.O.T.S. evidence can now enter a short “D.O.T.S. state” when wandering; where they are temporarily visible with infrared light, during this time they will wander towards the nearest player (or to a random spot in the room if it's empty) before disappearing.
  • D.O.T.S. Tier I is like the real-life equivalent of a D.O.T.S. projector; a Laser Grid Pen. Similar to a flashlight, you can walk around the location and scan quickly for evidence, the only downside being its short range and low light intensity. Preview
  • D.O.T.S. Tier II is how you know D.O.T.S. today, a placeable projector emitting an average-sized sphere of light, except now you can encourage the ghost to walk into it by standing nearby! Preview
  • D.O.T.S. Tier III cranks up the light to the maximum, again placeable, this Projector scans the room at a much longer range with a wide beam of light, making finding ghosts in those bigger rooms much easier. Preview
  • Different tiers of the same equipment can be brought into matches by different players, allowing you to try out combinations of different tiers or simply discover what tier works best for your team.

I think this is the first time the developers have detailed the differences in tiers for any item in the game, and although it was obvious from the ordering of item tiers in the lobby this does confirm most items in the game already will be Tier II.
At first I thought Tier 1 for D.O.T.S. sounded shit, but it would actually be a good way to quickly check for D.O.T.S. without having to keep placing the Tier II or Tier III version down and picking it up. I think whether players pick Tier II or Tier III will come down to the map being played, since a lot of the house maps probably don't need a Tier III D.O.T.S. due to the small rooms. Tier III will absolutely be a necessity on maps like Prison and School though.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Wonder how good the Tier III D.O.T.S will be in the sport hall in School, perhaps still need to use two then maybe they'll both cover the entire hall. XD

Phasmo's been really annoying crashing for me almost every time I've played recently, so don't know how much I'll be able to play. I'm not too bothered though, do hope it starts behaving properly like it used or at least less frequent crashing.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Wonder how good the Tier III D.O.T.S will be in the sport hall in School, perhaps still need to use two then maybe they'll both cover the entire hall. XD

Phasmo's been really annoying crashing for me almost every time I've played recently, so don't know how much I'll be able to play. I'm not too bothered though, do hope it starts behaving properly like it used or at least less frequent crashing.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
How good Tier III D.O.T.S. will be is going to depend on how far the range is for the scanner, plus whether that scan is a 360 degree sweep or if it only goes back and forth across a smaller field i.e. 180 degrees. Doesn't appear to be any further comments from the devs on how effective it actually is in large spaces like that room you mentioned @Mr EliteL.

Interestingly though I did stumble onto a comment by the developer in response to a question about whether loadouts are going to have limits to encourage players to consider what tiers of items to bring beyond monetary cost/risk: https://www.reddit.com/r/PhasmophobiaGam...t/jhmr5p5/
Their comment is basically that it'll be covered in a future dev preview, which implies there will be some sort of restriction/change to the loadout system.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
How good Tier III D.O.T.S. will be is going to depend on how far the range is for the scanner, plus whether that scan is a 360 degree sweep or if it only goes back and forth across a smaller field i.e. 180 degrees. Doesn't appear to be any further comments from the devs on how effective it actually is in large spaces like that room you mentioned @Mr EliteL.

Interestingly though I did stumble onto a comment by the developer in response to a question about whether loadouts are going to have limits to encourage players to consider what tiers of items to bring beyond monetary cost/risk: https://www.reddit.com/r/PhasmophobiaGam...t/jhmr5p5/
Their comment is basically that it'll be covered in a future dev preview, which implies there will be some sort of restriction/change to the loadout system.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm pretty excited to start getting information on the items changes. As I've mentioned a lot when we play, I absolutely cannot wait for the new item system to come into play. It's going to give the game a lot more to do, give much more use for money and just make the game a lot more fun over all I think. I'm really looking forward to seeing what things like Tier 3 Flashlight is like, or Tier 3 Crucifix, Spirit Box or Cameras.

During one of Insym's streams recently when he was playing with CJ, one of the developers of Phas, CJ mentioned that they will probably do these previews for most, if not all, of the items before the update occurs. So we should be getting a taste of what everything will be like then if we so choose. I also like they are making it so you can choose which tier of item you want to bring, instead of being locked to Tier 3 once you upgrade to that point. This opens up some strategic decisions, like bringing Tier 1 Dots on small maps like Tanglewood and saving Tier 3 DOTS for large open areas like on Campsite, Prison and High School.

I wish I could get myself to play Phas solo more, since I would have loved to hit some of those level milestones before the reset.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm pretty excited to start getting information on the items changes. As I've mentioned a lot when we play, I absolutely cannot wait for the new item system to come into play. It's going to give the game a lot more to do, give much more use for money and just make the game a lot more fun over all I think. I'm really looking forward to seeing what things like Tier 3 Flashlight is like, or Tier 3 Crucifix, Spirit Box or Cameras.

During one of Insym's streams recently when he was playing with CJ, one of the developers of Phas, CJ mentioned that they will probably do these previews for most, if not all, of the items before the update occurs. So we should be getting a taste of what everything will be like then if we so choose. I also like they are making it so you can choose which tier of item you want to bring, instead of being locked to Tier 3 once you upgrade to that point. This opens up some strategic decisions, like bringing Tier 1 Dots on small maps like Tanglewood and saving Tier 3 DOTS for large open areas like on Campsite, Prison and High School.

I wish I could get myself to play Phas solo more, since I would have loved to hit some of those level milestones before the reset.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 2nd, 2023, 05:07 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I'm really looking forward to seeing what things like Tier 3 Flashlight is like, or Tier 3 Crucifix, Spirit Box or Cameras.
What the team mate who didn't go inside yet will see when someone turns on their Tier 3 Flashlight inside a small house map:
[Image: ip3eva7.jpg]

I also like they are making it so you can choose which tier of item you want to bring, instead of being locked to Tier 3 once you upgrade to that point. This opens up some strategic decisions, like bringing Tier 1 Dots on small maps like Tanglewood and saving Tier 3 DOTS for large open areas like on Campsite, Prison and High School.
Yeah, and it makes sense really since Tiers are just going to be higher priced versions of items and it would suck if players were locked into Tier 3 once they unlock that tier if they didn't have enough money to buy it after dying but aren't allowed to buy a Tier 1 instead.

Roadmap and Progression 2.0 Development Preview #9
Speaking of seeing previews for most items @Dragon Lord, a new preview dropped that details the roadmap plans as well as the three tiers of the Thermometer item for the Progression 2.0 update: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/...1725552339

Roadmap
  • v0.9 - Progression 1 | July 2023
    • Levelling 2.0
    • Rewards Overhaul
    • Equipment Upgrades
    • Prestiges
    • Evidence Overhauls
    • [REDACTED]
  • v0.9.1 - Progression 2 | Q3 2023
    • New Tasks
    • New Optionals
    • Photo Overhaul
    • Video Evidence
    • New Equipment: Sound Recorder
    • Sound Evidence
    • [REDACTED]
  • v0.9.2 - Progression 3 | Q4 2023
    • New Player Models
    • Player Animations
    • CCTV Overhaul
    • Player Customization
  • v0.10 - Horror 2.0+ | 2024
    • New Ghost Models
    • Hallucinations
    • Events Overhaul
    • New Interactions
    • New Locations
    • New Equipment
    • Much More...
Freezing Temperatures
  • Completely overhauled. Cold Breath particles will now appear at around 5-7 degrees Celsius and below. For example, if it's snowing and the fuse box starts off, you'll find Cold Breath instantly everywhere, even in the Truck! Alternatively, if the fuse box is on, so that the house is nice and toasty, you'll find Cold Breath appearing only in rooms where the ghost has been long enough to drop their temperature.
  • Thermometer's are now starting equipment, meaning you get one free for every contract.
  • Cold Breath is seemingly no longer enough of an indicator for Freezing Temperatures evidence since you now have to take a Thermometer into a room that triggered Cold Breath to check if the temperature is below zero degrees Celsius.
  • Room temperatures are now synced across players, no longer will one player see Cold Breath before another, and you'll get much more consistent readings on your Thermometers when checking in a group.
  • Thermometer Tier I [Preview] is an old house-Thermometer, ripped straight off of your Investigator's living room wall. This Thermometer has a slow sample rate, meaning you'll have to wait longer to get an accurate reading. You may want to bring one in and check back on it later in the contract.
  • Thermometer Tier II [Preview] looks the same as the one currently in the game, however, the way you use it differs. Instead of turning it on and getting a reading every two seconds, you now have to hold the Use button to scan for temperatures. This makes running around and checking each room's temp much faster than Tier I, alongside this, scanning manually feels much more responsive, instead of updating constantly and not knowing if it's accurate or not.
  • Thermometer Tier III [Preview] is a straight upgrade to Tier II, completing temperature scans at double the speed of its predecessor. Additionally, this more modern Thermometer is more accurate with each reading, allowing players to quickly and efficiently scan rooms to find the ghost or to get 'Freezing Temperatures' ticked off in the Journal.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm really looking forward to seeing what things like Tier 3 Flashlight is like, or Tier 3 Crucifix, Spirit Box or Cameras.
What the team mate who didn't go inside yet will see when someone turns on their Tier 3 Flashlight inside a small house map:
[Image: ip3eva7.jpg]

I also like they are making it so you can choose which tier of item you want to bring, instead of being locked to Tier 3 once you upgrade to that point. This opens up some strategic decisions, like bringing Tier 1 Dots on small maps like Tanglewood and saving Tier 3 DOTS for large open areas like on Campsite, Prison and High School.
Yeah, and it makes sense really since Tiers are just going to be higher priced versions of items and it would suck if players were locked into Tier 3 once they unlock that tier if they didn't have enough money to buy it after dying but aren't allowed to buy a Tier 1 instead.

Roadmap and Progression 2.0 Development Preview #9
Speaking of seeing previews for most items @Dragon Lord, a new preview dropped that details the roadmap plans as well as the three tiers of the Thermometer item for the Progression 2.0 update: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/...1725552339

Roadmap
  • v0.9 - Progression 1 | July 2023
    • Levelling 2.0
    • Rewards Overhaul
    • Equipment Upgrades
    • Prestiges
    • Evidence Overhauls
    • [REDACTED]
  • v0.9.1 - Progression 2 | Q3 2023
    • New Tasks
    • New Optionals
    • Photo Overhaul
    • Video Evidence
    • New Equipment: Sound Recorder
    • Sound Evidence
    • [REDACTED]
  • v0.9.2 - Progression 3 | Q4 2023
    • New Player Models
    • Player Animations
    • CCTV Overhaul
    • Player Customization
  • v0.10 - Horror 2.0+ | 2024
    • New Ghost Models
    • Hallucinations
    • Events Overhaul
    • New Interactions
    • New Locations
    • New Equipment
    • Much More...
Freezing Temperatures
  • Completely overhauled. Cold Breath particles will now appear at around 5-7 degrees Celsius and below. For example, if it's snowing and the fuse box starts off, you'll find Cold Breath instantly everywhere, even in the Truck! Alternatively, if the fuse box is on, so that the house is nice and toasty, you'll find Cold Breath appearing only in rooms where the ghost has been long enough to drop their temperature.
  • Thermometer's are now starting equipment, meaning you get one free for every contract.
  • Cold Breath is seemingly no longer enough of an indicator for Freezing Temperatures evidence since you now have to take a Thermometer into a room that triggered Cold Breath to check if the temperature is below zero degrees Celsius.
  • Room temperatures are now synced across players, no longer will one player see Cold Breath before another, and you'll get much more consistent readings on your Thermometers when checking in a group.
  • Thermometer Tier I [Preview] is an old house-Thermometer, ripped straight off of your Investigator's living room wall. This Thermometer has a slow sample rate, meaning you'll have to wait longer to get an accurate reading. You may want to bring one in and check back on it later in the contract.
  • Thermometer Tier II [Preview] looks the same as the one currently in the game, however, the way you use it differs. Instead of turning it on and getting a reading every two seconds, you now have to hold the Use button to scan for temperatures. This makes running around and checking each room's temp much faster than Tier I, alongside this, scanning manually feels much more responsive, instead of updating constantly and not knowing if it's accurate or not.
  • Thermometer Tier III [Preview] is a straight upgrade to Tier II, completing temperature scans at double the speed of its predecessor. Additionally, this more modern Thermometer is more accurate with each reading, allowing players to quickly and efficiently scan rooms to find the ghost or to get 'Freezing Temperatures' ticked off in the Journal.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The new evidence thing is wild. That's adding a whole new layer to the balancing systems in place. They're really going all in on this game, huh?
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The new evidence thing is wild. That's adding a whole new layer to the balancing systems in place. They're really going all in on this game, huh?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I like that Freezing Temps is no longer evidence you can check off just by seeing Cold Breath anymore and that breath isn't enough to know you're in the ghost room either. Although it's still unlikely I'll ever bother to carry a Thermometer on me as one of my initial items because you don't need it to exclusively discover if the map has Freezing Temps, and if you never see Cold Breath then you don't need to even worry about a Thermometer in the first place. I think it's still the only item in the game where you could just not bring it and probably still figure things out related to it, unlike anything like D.O.T.S., Writing Books, etc. where not bringing it means you have no other way to tell you might get evidence from bringing those items into the map.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I like that Freezing Temps is no longer evidence you can check off just by seeing Cold Breath anymore and that breath isn't enough to know you're in the ghost room either. Although it's still unlikely I'll ever bother to carry a Thermometer on me as one of my initial items because you don't need it to exclusively discover if the map has Freezing Temps, and if you never see Cold Breath then you don't need to even worry about a Thermometer in the first place. I think it's still the only item in the game where you could just not bring it and probably still figure things out related to it, unlike anything like D.O.T.S., Writing Books, etc. where not bringing it means you have no other way to tell you might get evidence from bringing those items into the map.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Video and Sound Evidence, yes, give more use to the live camera and well, there'll be a new Sound Recorder item but before seeing that I first thought of the Parabolic Microphone would get used for it. Then finally the new player models and ghost models, looking forward to them as well as the new locations and more equipment later on.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Video and Sound Evidence, yes, give more use to the live camera and well, there'll be a new Sound Recorder item but before seeing that I first thought of the Parabolic Microphone would get used for it. Then finally the new player models and ghost models, looking forward to them as well as the new locations and more equipment later on.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suikoden (Series) | HD Remasters Delayed to 2024 Moonface 9 1,574 Sep 9th, 2023, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Moonface