Phasmophobia | 2024 Roadmap and Beyond...
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Wait, can you pay monthly for PS+? I thought you had to commit to the year on the sub card Unsure
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Wait, can you pay monthly for PS+? I thought you had to commit to the year on the sub card Unsure
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah there's 1 Month (£10), 3 Months (£20) and 12 Months (£50). Price goes up on which version you get between Essential, Extra, Premium too. I take it Essential is the standard as it used to be after the new ones were added. At least UK does those three months selection anyway, I assume anywhere else does it too.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah there's 1 Month (£10), 3 Months (£20) and 12 Months (£50). Price goes up on which version you get between Essential, Extra, Premium too. I take it Essential is the standard as it used to be after the new ones were added. At least UK does those three months selection anyway, I assume anywhere else does it too.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,699
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Well I tried my best to find out if there was any confirmation about if the game will require an online subscription to play but haven't had any luck. I even went into the Discord server for the game to see if it was mentioned there but it doesn't seem to be the case. Unless the devs mention it it looks like we'll have to wait for the game to get a store page on PlayStation or Xbox and see if they mention a subscription requirement.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,699 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Well I tried my best to find out if there was any confirmation about if the game will require an online subscription to play but haven't had any luck. I even went into the Discord server for the game to see if it was mentioned there but it doesn't seem to be the case. Unless the devs mention it it looks like we'll have to wait for the game to get a store page on PlayStation or Xbox and see if they mention a subscription requirement.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Hopefully Phas will end up in the category of games that have online, but don't require a PS+ sub to play online. I know it's not a very common thing to happen, but maybe they'll work something out for it so that all platforms for the game are able to play without having to pay for the online.

Quote:I hope it's like you say DL and the image is a W.I.P. of how each player will have their control method shown. Although, it would only have uses in some cases since for most console users it's already a given they're using a controller because that's the only choice those players have.

True for Xbox players, but PlayStation players could be playing in VR and having an icon to show that could be handy for people who play public lobbies and want to see what everyone is using before joining in the game (I don't see why it'd matter, but I know there are PC players who absolutely refuse to play a game with anyone using a controller for some odd reason).
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Hopefully Phas will end up in the category of games that have online, but don't require a PS+ sub to play online. I know it's not a very common thing to happen, but maybe they'll work something out for it so that all platforms for the game are able to play without having to pay for the online.

Quote:I hope it's like you say DL and the image is a W.I.P. of how each player will have their control method shown. Although, it would only have uses in some cases since for most console users it's already a given they're using a controller because that's the only choice those players have.

True for Xbox players, but PlayStation players could be playing in VR and having an icon to show that could be handy for people who play public lobbies and want to see what everyone is using before joining in the game (I don't see why it'd matter, but I know there are PC players who absolutely refuse to play a game with anyone using a controller for some odd reason).
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I decided to ask in the Phasmo Discord server just now just in case a developer had mentioned it on there and I couldn't find it, but the developers haven't shared anything about online subscription requirements yet.

One thing I did notice in the trailer though when I watched it for the first time last night to see if it was mentioned in any small text is that some of the new items are shown in use:
  • 0:10 - Different video camera model. I assume this is the tier below the current one we have given how weathered it looks.
  • 0:30 - New tier of crucifix.
  • 0:32 - Tier 1 of D.O.T.S.
  • 0:42 - Tier 3 for Spirit Box?
  • 0:50 - Matches
  • 0:54 - New photo camera?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I decided to ask in the Phasmo Discord server just now just in case a developer had mentioned it on there and I couldn't find it, but the developers haven't shared anything about online subscription requirements yet.

One thing I did notice in the trailer though when I watched it for the first time last night to see if it was mentioned in any small text is that some of the new items are shown in use:
  • 0:10 - Different video camera model. I assume this is the tier below the current one we have given how weathered it looks.
  • 0:30 - New tier of crucifix.
  • 0:32 - Tier 1 of D.O.T.S.
  • 0:42 - Tier 3 for Spirit Box?
  • 0:50 - Matches
  • 0:54 - New photo camera?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm too lazy to look back through the trailer, but there's also a spot where you can see the Tier 3 D.O.T.S in use as well. Definitely going to be a lot of fun playing around with the different tiers of items once the update happens. I think my Phas time is going to skyrocket because this is going to bring a whole new layer of fun to the game.

I don't really play solo right now because there's just not much point. You can't do anything with money outside of buying items you lose, but once this update lands, there's going to be such a huge layer of progression to achieve and that's what this game has been missing for me. Definitely going to get me to dive into it, either with a group or solo, and it'll be great.

Might have to go in and try to get the trophy for the Apocalypse challenge before the update, just to be able to say I did it on "old" Phas, haha.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm too lazy to look back through the trailer, but there's also a spot where you can see the Tier 3 D.O.T.S in use as well. Definitely going to be a lot of fun playing around with the different tiers of items once the update happens. I think my Phas time is going to skyrocket because this is going to bring a whole new layer of fun to the game.

I don't really play solo right now because there's just not much point. You can't do anything with money outside of buying items you lose, but once this update lands, there's going to be such a huge layer of progression to achieve and that's what this game has been missing for me. Definitely going to get me to dive into it, either with a group or solo, and it'll be great.

Might have to go in and try to get the trophy for the Apocalypse challenge before the update, just to be able to say I did it on "old" Phas, haha.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't know if I'd ever get the guts to handle solo Phas, especially after my last try where I thought I could do it and was immediately scared and ran for the front door like a bitch. XD

I agree though that with where we all are in the game that besides playing for fun there's nothing else to really play for. A big reason I've not really cared about missing the weekly challenges yet is because they seem to just be one and done things that don't give you anything for doing them, and once it's been 26 weeks they're going to repeat anyway, and when that happens it'll likely be close to one of these big updates that keep me coming back to the game more often.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't know if I'd ever get the guts to handle solo Phas, especially after my last try where I thought I could do it and was immediately scared and ran for the front door like a bitch. XD

I agree though that with where we all are in the game that besides playing for fun there's nothing else to really play for. A big reason I've not really cared about missing the weekly challenges yet is because they seem to just be one and done things that don't give you anything for doing them, and once it's been 26 weeks they're going to repeat anyway, and when that happens it'll likely be close to one of these big updates that keep me coming back to the game more often.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, I lost interest in the weekly challenges too. I'm not concerned with getting the highest level possible before the reset, so doing them for the easy 30 levels doesn't really matter. Money doesn't matter since it will all reset anyways.

Now if they would have tied a trophy to doing all of the weekly challenges, I would have 100% been there doing them every single week.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, I lost interest in the weekly challenges too. I'm not concerned with getting the highest level possible before the reset, so doing them for the easy 30 levels doesn't really matter. Money doesn't matter since it will all reset anyways.

Now if they would have tied a trophy to doing all of the weekly challenges, I would have 100% been there doing them every single week.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Speaking of trophies, I wonder if this game will get achievements whenever it leaves Early Access. I don't see why it wouldn't although I wonder what they would do? Off the top of my head I guess they could do some like this:
  • Correctly identify the ghost on any map.
  • Correctly identify the ghost on x difficulty on any map.
  • Correctly identify the ghost on every map.
  • Correctly identify the ghost on every map on Nightmare difficulty.
  • Take a three star photograph.
  • Encounter every ghost at least once.
  • Survive a cursed hunt.
  • Interacted with every cursed item.
  • Collect all bone pieces.
  • Collect all Tarot cards.
  • Complete the Apocalypse challenge.
Trying to think of any more unique ones that aren't just playing the game normally like the first half of my list is. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Speaking of trophies, I wonder if this game will get achievements whenever it leaves Early Access. I don't see why it wouldn't although I wonder what they would do? Off the top of my head I guess they could do some like this:
  • Correctly identify the ghost on any map.
  • Correctly identify the ghost on x difficulty on any map.
  • Correctly identify the ghost on every map.
  • Correctly identify the ghost on every map on Nightmare difficulty.
  • Take a three star photograph.
  • Encounter every ghost at least once.
  • Survive a cursed hunt.
  • Interacted with every cursed item.
  • Collect all bone pieces.
  • Collect all Tarot cards.
  • Complete the Apocalypse challenge.
Trying to think of any more unique ones that aren't just playing the game normally like the first half of my list is. Hmm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
There'd probably be a Get caught/Die from a hunt, you do get losing achievements like that sometimes. XD Also a simple survive a hunt or for x amount of times too.

I've not really cared for Weekly Challenges even before my game caused me too much problems, just not my thing really on a game like Phasmo, only willing maybe if playing with others.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
There'd probably be a Get caught/Die from a hunt, you do get losing achievements like that sometimes. XD Also a simple survive a hunt or for x amount of times too.

I've not really cared for Weekly Challenges even before my game caused me too much problems, just not my thing really on a game like Phasmo, only willing maybe if playing with others.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 21st, 2023, 09:31 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Eh, that'd be rather dull though because you can just go into a game and start a cursed hunt to get yourself immediately killed which goes against the nature of the game. If anything make one based on death using the Tarot Cards where you have to revive a dead player with them, since that would have a huge risk/reward element that would make a fun achievement. LOL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 21st, 2023, 09:31 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Eh, that'd be rather dull though because you can just go into a game and start a cursed hunt to get yourself immediately killed which goes against the nature of the game. If anything make one based on death using the Tarot Cards where you have to revive a dead player with them, since that would have a huge risk/reward element that would make a fun achievement. LOL
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
A trophy/achievement for reviving a player (or being revived yourself) by the Tarot Cards would be a good possibility. Perhaps also one for reviving a player with the Monkey Paw without triggering the 50% chance of being killed in exchange.

Could also have trophies such as:

-Have x amount of money (something like $1,000,000)
-Upgrade every item to Tier 3
-Make every type of wish with the Monkey Paw
-Survive a hunt by escaping the house with the Monkey Paw
-Have every player alive at the end of the game (requires 4 players)
-Correctly identify the ghost with no evidence (can be obtained with the Apocalypse challenge or separately)
-Get the special Deogen response on the Spirit Box
-Take a picture of a Ghost walking through D.O.T.S.
-Complete a game on Insanity mode with starter items only
-Survive a game while getting a perfect game and not hiding during any hunts

Just some ideas off the top of my head. I can probably come up with some more after thinking about it for a while.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
A trophy/achievement for reviving a player (or being revived yourself) by the Tarot Cards would be a good possibility. Perhaps also one for reviving a player with the Monkey Paw without triggering the 50% chance of being killed in exchange.

Could also have trophies such as:

-Have x amount of money (something like $1,000,000)
-Upgrade every item to Tier 3
-Make every type of wish with the Monkey Paw
-Survive a hunt by escaping the house with the Monkey Paw
-Have every player alive at the end of the game (requires 4 players)
-Correctly identify the ghost with no evidence (can be obtained with the Apocalypse challenge or separately)
-Get the special Deogen response on the Spirit Box
-Take a picture of a Ghost walking through D.O.T.S.
-Complete a game on Insanity mode with starter items only
-Survive a game while getting a perfect game and not hiding during any hunts

Just some ideas off the top of my head. I can probably come up with some more after thinking about it for a while.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So I found out something unfortunate about the console ports. While there will be cross-play between the PC and console versions, there will NOT be cross-save, meaning anyone who wants to play the console version will have to start on a completely new account.

@Mr EliteL Would this have any effect on your choice to switch to the console versions? I imagine you probably wouldn't want to lose the trophies you earned on the Steam version.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
So I found out something unfortunate about the console ports. While there will be cross-play between the PC and console versions, there will NOT be cross-save, meaning anyone who wants to play the console version will have to start on a completely new account.

@Mr EliteL Would this have any effect on your choice to switch to the console versions? I imagine you probably wouldn't want to lose the trophies you earned on the Steam version.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 6th, 2023, 06:37 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
So I found out something unfortunate about the console ports. While there will be cross-save between the PC and console versions, there will NOT be cross-save, meaning anyone who wants to play the console version will have to start on a completely new account.
I wonder if this is possibly because the console versions won't get updated on the exact same day as the PC versions or something else. I wish I knew what has to go into save transfers to better know what the limits to it are. Doh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 6th, 2023, 06:37 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
So I found out something unfortunate about the console ports. While there will be cross-save between the PC and console versions, there will NOT be cross-save, meaning anyone who wants to play the console version will have to start on a completely new account.
I wonder if this is possibly because the console versions won't get updated on the exact same day as the PC versions or something else. I wish I knew what has to go into save transfers to better know what the limits to it are. Doh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Dragon Lord : Possibly, I know I don't have many trophies but it'll be a bummer to not have the ones I've earned. At the moment I'm still hoping something is done their side to fix freezes so I can use my PC version again. I watched an Insym video recently where he played with the developers on the old first release Phasmo, he mentioned to them he also experienced freezes more frequently (obviously nowhere near what I get), so if Insym mentioned that to them they might look into it. If not then, I'll think about it.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Dragon Lord : Possibly, I know I don't have many trophies but it'll be a bummer to not have the ones I've earned. At the moment I'm still hoping something is done their side to fix freezes so I can use my PC version again. I watched an Insym video recently where he played with the developers on the old first release Phasmo, he mentioned to them he also experienced freezes more frequently (obviously nowhere near what I get), so if Insym mentioned that to them they might look into it. If not then, I'll think about it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suikoden (Series) | HD Remasters Delayed to 2024 Moonface 9 1,615 Sep 9th, 2023, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Moonface