Hell's Bells, hm?
Administrators
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
XP: 5,314
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 

Dying Light 2 was revealed during Microsoft's E3 2018 Conference, where Techland promised "your choices, your world", "where your choices have genuine consequences in the game itself".
[Image: tumblr_picdhxmZg01r1fejho5_540.gif]
IN THE SUN, SLEEPING LIKE A BUM.
I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!

Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)

Dying Light 2 was revealed during Microsoft's E3 2018 Conference, where Techland promised "your choices, your world", "where your choices have genuine consequences in the game itself".
ShiraNoMai Offline
Your Typical 9-to-5 Office Yoshi
Moderators
Currently Playing
Animal Crossing: New Horizons | Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Souvenir Vouchers
XP: 2,272
Horizon Zero Dawn (Shiny) Mario Kart Pokémon 
Man, thought I posted about this earlier, but guess not. Really hyped about this title after the first game! I love the landing "death from above" things you can really make use of.

Dying Light 2 E3 2019 Trailer

Explore The City as survivor and infected Aiden in this highly anticipated sequel when it launches in the Spring of 2020.
[Image: z1x0gCB.jpg]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Souvenir Vouchers
Man, thought I posted about this earlier, but guess not. Really hyped about this title after the first game! I love the landing "death from above" things you can really make use of.

Dying Light 2 E3 2019 Trailer

Explore The City as survivor and infected Aiden in this highly anticipated sequel when it launches in the Spring of 2020.
Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Administrators
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Aiden being infected didn't really surprise me, since Crane is infected throughout Dying Light 1. Looks like they're going to put a bit more focus on it this time though, especially in gameplay due to the wristband. I wonder how it'll be kept in check this time around though, since there isn't going to be a large amount of medicine left to keep it under control like there was in Dying Light 1, so perhaps there's a way of making the medicine yourself now? Hmm
I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!

Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Aiden being infected didn't really surprise me, since Crane is infected throughout Dying Light 1. Looks like they're going to put a bit more focus on it this time though, especially in gameplay due to the wristband. I wonder how it'll be kept in check this time around though, since there isn't going to be a large amount of medicine left to keep it under control like there was in Dying Light 1, so perhaps there's a way of making the medicine yourself now? Hmm
Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Administrators
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Dying Light 2 - E3 2019 Gameplay Showcase
During E3 this past June, an extended gameplay showcase of Dying Light 2 was shown behind closed doors; today, Techland have released that footage to the public. In it, we see Aiden on a quest to get water back into the city, and the decisions the player has to make along the way that can have varying effects on the outcome.

My Thoughts:
This really should have been shown at E3. This is what I expected to see when Techland were saying we'd see gameplay footage, instead of that rehash of existing footage that wasn't even worth drumming up excitement for. I hope the next gameplay we see is just this same section, but with different choices. I want to see more of how things turn out differently so I can see for myself how diverse it actually is and have visible proof of decisions having such different outcomes that it encourages multiple playthroughs to see everything. Not something like Fallout 4 where you basically end up with the same general plot no matter what you do.

Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Dying Light 2 - E3 2019 Gameplay Showcase
During E3 this past June, an extended gameplay showcase of Dying Light 2 was shown behind closed doors; today, Techland have released that footage to the public. In it, we see Aiden on a quest to get water back into the city, and the decisions the player has to make along the way that can have varying effects on the outcome.

My Thoughts:
This really should have been shown at E3. This is what I expected to see when Techland were saying we'd see gameplay footage, instead of that rehash of existing footage that wasn't even worth drumming up excitement for. I hope the next gameplay we see is just this same section, but with different choices. I want to see more of how things turn out differently so I can see for myself how diverse it actually is and have visible proof of decisions having such different outcomes that it encourages multiple playthroughs to see everything. Not something like Fallout 4 where you basically end up with the same general plot no matter what you do.
Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Administrators
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Dying Light 2 Delayed
The delays just keep coming this month with yet another game getting delayed; Dying Light 2. No new release window has been given at this time.

Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Dying Light 2 Delayed
The delays just keep coming this month with yet another game getting delayed; Dying Light 2. No new release window has been given at this time.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Souvenir Vouchers
Horizon Zero Dawn (Shiny) Mario Kart Pokémon 
The fact they gave no release window at all worries me a bit, though I expect this whole delay is a result of them possibly receiving the PS5/Series X dev kits and realizing that trying to gimp their game to meet those specs was probably for naught and to just refocus their efforts into the next gen. I wouldn't be surprised if they announced something at E3 or something that would coincide with the official announcement (presentation and all) of either console, depending on which gives them stagelights first.
[Image: z1x0gCB.jpg]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Souvenir Vouchers
The fact they gave no release window at all worries me a bit, though I expect this whole delay is a result of them possibly receiving the PS5/Series X dev kits and realizing that trying to gimp their game to meet those specs was probably for naught and to just refocus their efforts into the next gen. I wouldn't be surprised if they announced something at E3 or something that would coincide with the official announcement (presentation and all) of either console, depending on which gives them stagelights first.
Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Administrators
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
The lack of any new window tells me this isn't going to be on current gen systems, and I don't see anything on the official website indicating they were taking pre-orders for the game nor on sites for its intended platforms. Perhaps if they are using the new consoles coming out, they're taking time to do work on the game that utilises those systems more than just taking a game that struggles on current hardware and moving it to something better.

Moonface Offline
Hell's Bells, hm?
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
The lack of any new window tells me this isn't going to be on current gen systems, and I don't see anything on the official website indicating they were taking pre-orders for the game nor on sites for its intended platforms. Perhaps if they are using the new consoles coming out, they're taking time to do work on the game that utilises those systems more than just taking a game that struggles on current hardware and moving it to something better.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cyberpunk 2077 | Delayed to September ShiraNoMai 5 2,397 Jan 17th, 2020, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Moonface