2020 Holiday Season Thread
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
We had one last year, but it got made mostly to share what we all got for Christmas since it was posted Christmas Day. I figure we could try for some extra mileage and start early so we can share plans, decorations, and whatever other stuff about the holidays before we all open our presents. Tongue

So has anyone decorated yet? @ShiraNoMai and I put our tree up about a week ago but we didn't bother to decorate it yet and I don't know when we will because of my shoulder injury.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
We had one last year, but it got made mostly to share what we all got for Christmas since it was posted Christmas Day. I figure we could try for some extra mileage and start early so we can share plans, decorations, and whatever other stuff about the holidays before we all open our presents. Tongue

So has anyone decorated yet? @ShiraNoMai and I put our tree up about a week ago but we didn't bother to decorate it yet and I don't know when we will because of my shoulder injury.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
We haven't done any decorating just yet: the majority of it will be waiting until my sister gets home, which is still about a week and a half away.

We might do bits and pieces before then; however, most of the main bits (including the tree) won't be happening until then.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
We haven't done any decorating just yet: the majority of it will be waiting until my sister gets home, which is still about a week and a half away.

We might do bits and pieces before then; however, most of the main bits (including the tree) won't be happening until then.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
So far we've got small lantern like lights (red, yellow, blue, green) outside our house and a star shaped light in one of our windows. I haven't had a part in the actual decorating of those two but might help with the tree at some point.

I am not looking forward to the day itself other than I get at best 4-day weekend as I'm not doing Boxing Day as instead I'm in New Year's (we get the choice of either) and if I don't work on Christmas Eve (Thurs is a day I usually don't work), otherwise I'll get three days off.

I am wearing my Christmas uniform as I prefer the red colour to the standard green, that's the extent I'm happy to do something about celebrating the fact it's near Christmas time. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
So far we've got small lantern like lights (red, yellow, blue, green) outside our house and a star shaped light in one of our windows. I haven't had a part in the actual decorating of those two but might help with the tree at some point.

I am not looking forward to the day itself other than I get at best 4-day weekend as I'm not doing Boxing Day as instead I'm in New Year's (we get the choice of either) and if I don't work on Christmas Eve (Thurs is a day I usually don't work), otherwise I'll get three days off.

I am wearing my Christmas uniform as I prefer the red colour to the standard green, that's the extent I'm happy to do something about celebrating the fact it's near Christmas time. XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,788
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So far we haven't done any decorating, but we'll hopefully get some stuff up outside within the next week or so. As for my plans, just plan to spend Christmas day at my sister's like I do every year. Hoping my boss decides to just close for Christmas Day, because if she doesn't, I feel like I'll be scheduled to work that day, and if I am, I am not showing up. I don't care about my crappy job nearly enough to give up the one, single holiday during the year that I actually care about celebrating with my family (planning on leaving the job hopefully soon anyways lul).

I just need to get around doing some shopping. I hate buying gifts because I can never decide on what I think my family would like. I usually just dish out some $$$$, but this year I'd like to actually get them something.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,788 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So far we haven't done any decorating, but we'll hopefully get some stuff up outside within the next week or so. As for my plans, just plan to spend Christmas day at my sister's like I do every year. Hoping my boss decides to just close for Christmas Day, because if she doesn't, I feel like I'll be scheduled to work that day, and if I am, I am not showing up. I don't care about my crappy job nearly enough to give up the one, single holiday during the year that I actually care about celebrating with my family (planning on leaving the job hopefully soon anyways lul).

I just need to get around doing some shopping. I hate buying gifts because I can never decide on what I think my family would like. I usually just dish out some $$$$, but this year I'd like to actually get them something.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Gift giving is my favorite part of Christmas. I love the puzzle of figuring out what to get people. It's like slowly building a storyline between you and the other person and figuring out a balance between what things interest the person and what things could benefit the person. Paying attention to the story dialogue is very important, it seems! ROFL

Our house is all nice and decorated. We still got the outdoors-suited stuff to put out but we'll get there eventually. It's finally starting to feel like winter in Florida so we're trying to enjoy the cool weather while we have it XD
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Gift giving is my favorite part of Christmas. I love the puzzle of figuring out what to get people. It's like slowly building a storyline between you and the other person and figuring out a balance between what things interest the person and what things could benefit the person. Paying attention to the story dialogue is very important, it seems! ROFL

Our house is all nice and decorated. We still got the outdoors-suited stuff to put out but we'll get there eventually. It's finally starting to feel like winter in Florida so we're trying to enjoy the cool weather while we have it XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 8th, 2020, 10:29 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

I was told your store isn't open for Boxing Day this year because it's going to be too quiet. Unless it's just home shopping that's closing for that day. I'll be working Christmas Eve since my store wants everybody in that day, but I won't be doing much because of my shoulder so it doesn't matter how crazy busy it'll get for me. Tongue

The most we can dress in at my store is an ugly sweater or a dress shirt and tie for Christmas Eve. I'll be wearing my ugly Crash Bandicoot sweater again. XD

@ShiraNoMai: Outdoors stuff? What you mean a single sign? Because that's all we have for outside. XD

@Dragon Lord: I hate that places open for Christmas Day (excluding hospitals and such because they have to be). If my job ever said they were going to be open that day I would never show up even if it was my career job. It's just plain wrong. Errm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 8th, 2020, 10:29 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

I was told your store isn't open for Boxing Day this year because it's going to be too quiet. Unless it's just home shopping that's closing for that day. I'll be working Christmas Eve since my store wants everybody in that day, but I won't be doing much because of my shoulder so it doesn't matter how crazy busy it'll get for me. Tongue

The most we can dress in at my store is an ugly sweater or a dress shirt and tie for Christmas Eve. I'll be wearing my ugly Crash Bandicoot sweater again. XD

@ShiraNoMai: Outdoors stuff? What you mean a single sign? Because that's all we have for outside. XD

@Dragon Lord: I hate that places open for Christmas Day (excluding hospitals and such because they have to be). If my job ever said they were going to be open that day I would never show up even if it was my career job. It's just plain wrong. Errm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
In unsettling news, my primary care doctor (GP, PCP, whatever you wanna call'em) informed me that he invested in a very long outdoor table to serve his 30+ family for Christmas this year on. I couldn't help but be really suspicious on what the fuck he thought he was doing by hosting that. He did not seem to concerned at all with it other than the fact that he was the one who had to host. I just... I don't know man, when doctors aren't taking this that seriously, I just have to wonder, ya know...
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
In unsettling news, my primary care doctor (GP, PCP, whatever you wanna call'em) informed me that he invested in a very long outdoor table to serve his 30+ family for Christmas this year on. I couldn't help but be really suspicious on what the fuck he thought he was doing by hosting that. He did not seem to concerned at all with it other than the fact that he was the one who had to host. I just... I don't know man, when doctors aren't taking this that seriously, I just have to wonder, ya know...
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
There's no way you can get a table long enough to socially distance 30 people. You'd need it to be 6ft across, and then at least 90ft long to have 6ft between the 15 people sitting on each side. So unless that doctor has the main hall of Hogwarts (tables included) as his setting I don't see how he's going to host anything safe. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
There's no way you can get a table long enough to socially distance 30 people. You'd need it to be 6ft across, and then at least 90ft long to have 6ft between the 15 people sitting on each side. So unless that doctor has the main hall of Hogwarts (tables included) as his setting I don't see how he's going to host anything safe. Tongue
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah that makes me wonder what the heck that doctor's thinking hosting that.

@Moonface Ha, you got the news before I did, I only found out a week ago about Boxing Day. Although there was print out in the canteen but I rarely read those and was told about it later. At the moment there's no need for department to work, but some teams will be, I'm not sure what, nights at least. I'm working Thursday now as it's Eve which'll no doubt be heaving and we'll have 3 days worth of dated stock to get reduced. Why would a dress shirt and tie be fitting for Xmas? OK maybe a Christmas tie plus a red and white shirt. If the shirt is just white and tie is a normal tie, wtf?

Wrapped presents (I like wrapping but hate presents XD ) and have two trees with decorations up, one medium size and one small.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah that makes me wonder what the heck that doctor's thinking hosting that.

@Moonface Ha, you got the news before I did, I only found out a week ago about Boxing Day. Although there was print out in the canteen but I rarely read those and was told about it later. At the moment there's no need for department to work, but some teams will be, I'm not sure what, nights at least. I'm working Thursday now as it's Eve which'll no doubt be heaving and we'll have 3 days worth of dated stock to get reduced. Why would a dress shirt and tie be fitting for Xmas? OK maybe a Christmas tie plus a red and white shirt. If the shirt is just white and tie is a normal tie, wtf?

Wrapped presents (I like wrapping but hate presents XD ) and have two trees with decorations up, one medium size and one small.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Merry Christmas everyone! Hope y'all have people to be spending time with even if you've been living with them through this...year, maybe someone will be joining for the day albeit in person or through a live chat of some sort. Or anticipating a live stream later or just something. Ahh, have a good day!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Merry Christmas everyone! Hope y'all have people to be spending time with even if you've been living with them through this...year, maybe someone will be joining for the day albeit in person or through a live chat of some sort. Or anticipating a live stream later or just something. Ahh, have a good day!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
My Christmas was just spent having a long breakfast/brunch with the mother-in-law, two aunts and an uncle along with Shira followed by opening presents. I got lucky with presents this year because I was too lazy to get anything except one thing for Shira but it turned out to be a good thing because anything else I was going to get her she had already bought for me or bought it as part of a deal on something else that was purchased as a gift for me.

I need to take stock of everything I got to put up a list so I'll do that tomorrow.

How was everyone else's Christmas?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
My Christmas was just spent having a long breakfast/brunch with the mother-in-law, two aunts and an uncle along with Shira followed by opening presents. I got lucky with presents this year because I was too lazy to get anything except one thing for Shira but it turned out to be a good thing because anything else I was going to get her she had already bought for me or bought it as part of a deal on something else that was purchased as a gift for me.

I need to take stock of everything I got to put up a list so I'll do that tomorrow.

How was everyone else's Christmas?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, you two ended up having more than the three of you. Was one of the aunts that certain one mentioned in UCT fairly recently?

Mine was fine, Dad came over to us and we opened presents as we waited for the dinner to cook, ate that and dessert which was Christmas Pudding and two or one mince pies each, watched TV a bit then played Uno Flip, Monopoly and another card game. Evening I watched stuff Twitch/YouTube.

I recieved -

Uno Flip
David Eddings The Malloreon Book II King of the Murgos
David Hair Moontide Quartet Book II Scarlet Tides
The Origins of Comics from William Hogarth to Windsor McCay by Thierry Smolderen
Bible of Card Games (I already have a book similar to this)
Bob Ross 2021 Calendar
Chocolates & two boxes of Hello Panda
Mario Kart lounge wear
Pyjamas that have not arrived yet
Xmas socks (that won't be worn until next December XD )
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, you two ended up having more than the three of you. Was one of the aunts that certain one mentioned in UCT fairly recently?

Mine was fine, Dad came over to us and we opened presents as we waited for the dinner to cook, ate that and dessert which was Christmas Pudding and two or one mince pies each, watched TV a bit then played Uno Flip, Monopoly and another card game. Evening I watched stuff Twitch/YouTube.

I recieved -

Uno Flip
David Eddings The Malloreon Book II King of the Murgos
David Hair Moontide Quartet Book II Scarlet Tides
The Origins of Comics from William Hogarth to Windsor McCay by Thierry Smolderen
Bible of Card Games (I already have a book similar to this)
Bob Ross 2021 Calendar
Chocolates & two boxes of Hello Panda
Mario Kart lounge wear
Pyjamas that have not arrived yet
Xmas socks (that won't be worn until next December XD )
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 27th, 2020, 09:07 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
If you mean the one who got drunk and went crazy about politics, then yes. Also Shira has informed me I am stupid and that the other is a cousin, not an aunt. Sweat

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 27th, 2020, 09:07 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
If you mean the one who got drunk and went crazy about politics, then yes. Also Shira has informed me I am stupid and that the other is a cousin, not an aunt. Sweat
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just realised I never did put up my list of gifts, so here we go:
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4)
  • Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
  • Weathering With You (Blu-Ray)
  • A t-shirt with a knife on it and the caption "Lookin' sharp"
  • The Art of Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time
  • A new pair of work boots
  • Baby Yoda slippers
  • Baby Yoda car window decal
  • Baby Yoda candy dispenser
  • DnD pajama bottoms
Here's photos of our tree and other decorations (that are still up lol):

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just realised I never did put up my list of gifts, so here we go:
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4)
  • Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
  • Weathering With You (Blu-Ray)
  • A t-shirt with a knife on it and the caption "Lookin' sharp"
  • The Art of Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time
  • A new pair of work boots
  • Baby Yoda slippers
  • Baby Yoda car window decal
  • Baby Yoda candy dispenser
  • DnD pajama bottoms
Here's photos of our tree and other decorations (that are still up lol):
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Whoa, you got FF7R, nice. The lights and decorations you've had up look so bright and awesome, and Mars is looking so cute there.  =3 Ah, Weathering with You is something else I have to see.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Whoa, you got FF7R, nice. The lights and decorations you've had up look so bright and awesome, and Mars is looking so cute there.  =3 Ah, Weathering with You is something else I have to see.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Universal Chat Thread Mr EliteL 3,908 1,621,900 Apr 22nd, 2024, 03:41 AM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 0 26 Apr 20th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 45,230 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,334 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Christmas/Holiday Season 2023 Moonface 20 1,058 Jan 5th, 2024, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL