What's the Newest and Oldest Song(s) You Listen To?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I had this thought randomly when driving home from work today; out of all the songs you listen to, which one is the most recently released and which one is the oldest? I'm curious to see what answers everyone has. Tongue
If by chance one of the two songs comes from an entire album you listen to then I guess just share the album instead? Also feel free to expand to different genres or whatever if you want to put some more meat on the bones.

Newest Song - 2021
Long Shot - Maeshima Mayu

Oldest Song - 1970
All Right Now - Free

Going through my library to find the oldest song I have in there had me find a lot of old songs to the point I'm considering trying to put together my ten oldest and newest songs when I have some more free time to check them all. Luckily newer songs aren't as hard since I can use the "Date Added" feature on Spotify to narrow down what is newest. I wish Spotify had a feature to sort songs by release date just so I could see how it looks. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,649 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I had this thought randomly when driving home from work today; out of all the songs you listen to, which one is the most recently released and which one is the oldest? I'm curious to see what answers everyone has. Tongue
If by chance one of the two songs comes from an entire album you listen to then I guess just share the album instead? Also feel free to expand to different genres or whatever if you want to put some more meat on the bones.

Newest Song - 2021
Long Shot - Maeshima Mayu

Oldest Song - 1970
All Right Now - Free

Going through my library to find the oldest song I have in there had me find a lot of old songs to the point I'm considering trying to put together my ten oldest and newest songs when I have some more free time to check them all. Luckily newer songs aren't as hard since I can use the "Date Added" feature on Spotify to narrow down what is newest. I wish Spotify had a feature to sort songs by release date just so I could see how it looks. Tongue
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
If this is incorrect, I'll change it (I'm on phone, so I don't have the option to sort my playlist by release date, and its over 1600 songs, so f*** that), but I THINK this is my range.

Newest Song - 2021
Santé - Stromae

A song celebrating those who make sure we can enjoy ourselves when we party (i.e. retail, cleaning, waitstaff, etc). It's a very nice song, and a brilliant return for Stromae.

Oldest Song - ...okay, here's where I get tripped up. I actually have two different answers depending on how we define "oldest", SO!

Oldest song (when recorded) - 1936
Cross Road Blues - Robert Johnson

A blues standard, and what is probably the most quintessential "Robert Johnson" song. Go listen to it, it's awesome.

Oldest song (When written) - 1832
Nocturne Op. 9 No. 2 - Frédéric Chopin

A song so goddamn old, it's in the public domain (though, none of the actual RECORDINGS are). Yeah, see why I had to put two different answers lol.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,840 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
If this is incorrect, I'll change it (I'm on phone, so I don't have the option to sort my playlist by release date, and its over 1600 songs, so f*** that), but I THINK this is my range.

Newest Song - 2021
Santé - Stromae

A song celebrating those who make sure we can enjoy ourselves when we party (i.e. retail, cleaning, waitstaff, etc). It's a very nice song, and a brilliant return for Stromae.

Oldest Song - ...okay, here's where I get tripped up. I actually have two different answers depending on how we define "oldest", SO!

Oldest song (when recorded) - 1936
Cross Road Blues - Robert Johnson

A blues standard, and what is probably the most quintessential "Robert Johnson" song. Go listen to it, it's awesome.

Oldest song (When written) - 1832
Nocturne Op. 9 No. 2 - Frédéric Chopin

A song so goddamn old, it's in the public domain (though, none of the actual RECORDINGS are). Yeah, see why I had to put two different answers lol.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Newest (2021/2022 Written/Released)
Battle Beast - Tempest of Blades OR the Circus of Doom album, Tempest of Blades just being the last song on the album.

Oldest
Kamelot Siege Perilous album (1998)

Oldest could be wrong, also should be a lot older than '98 as I do own many albums before then, but I just don't actively listen to them as often. So if I did choose my true oldest music, a classical album but it's a compilation of classical music consisting of Beethoven and the like, if I had my own place I'd be playing that more though. XD Also have Maria Callas, Barry White to name some others which I do have on my mp3 but yeah, also not actively listening them or the others as much either.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Newest (2021/2022 Written/Released)
Battle Beast - Tempest of Blades OR the Circus of Doom album, Tempest of Blades just being the last song on the album.

Oldest
Kamelot Siege Perilous album (1998)

Oldest could be wrong, also should be a lot older than '98 as I do own many albums before then, but I just don't actively listen to them as often. So if I did choose my true oldest music, a classical album but it's a compilation of classical music consisting of Beethoven and the like, if I had my own place I'd be playing that more though. XD Also have Maria Callas, Barry White to name some others which I do have on my mp3 but yeah, also not actively listening them or the others as much either.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,255
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Oldest would have to be:
Sunshine of Your Love by Cream (1967)

A timeless groove and riff. Eric Clapton and Jack Bruce really sell it.
It would've been Paint It, Black (1966) by the Stones but I didn't have it added in my library, it seems.

Newest appears to be:
The Rumbling by SiM

The latest AoT opening theme. One that's not by Linked Horizon!
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,255 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Oldest would have to be:
Sunshine of Your Love by Cream (1967)

A timeless groove and riff. Eric Clapton and Jack Bruce really sell it.
It would've been Paint It, Black (1966) by the Stones but I didn't have it added in my library, it seems.

Newest appears to be:
The Rumbling by SiM

The latest AoT opening theme. One that's not by Linked Horizon!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Since albums have come up a couple of times I was curious what my newest and oldest albums are. I'm just going by ones I actively listen to still rather than ones I've heard, because otherwise trying to figure out the oldest is going to be a real pain. XD

Oldest Album - (1985)
Misplaced Childhood - Marillion

Newest Album - (2021)
Nowhere Generation - Rise Against

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Since albums have come up a couple of times I was curious what my newest and oldest albums are. I'm just going by ones I actively listen to still rather than ones I've heard, because otherwise trying to figure out the oldest is going to be a real pain. XD

Oldest Album - (1985)
Misplaced Childhood - Marillion

Newest Album - (2021)
Nowhere Generation - Rise Against
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oldest Album: The Dark Side Of the Moon - Pink Floyd (1973)

Newest Album: DICE: The 2nd Mini Album - ONEW (2022)

This is referencing listening to the full thing right?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 24th, 2022, 03:22 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Yeah or at least most of it since I know people can have a song or two they dislike on an album. Wink

I've never heard anything Pink Floyd turn up on your shuffle whenever I've been in the car with you though. Do you just have the album liked but not the songs? Unsure

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 24th, 2022, 03:22 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Yeah or at least most of it since I know people can have a song or two they dislike on an album. Wink

I've never heard anything Pink Floyd turn up on your shuffle whenever I've been in the car with you though. Do you just have the album liked but not the songs? Unsure
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I had it on my iTunes/downloaded/non-streaming library cuz of a project I worked on in college. I suppose it's not in my current library though, so that may be cheating Hmm I actually don't have many whole albums saved on my Spotify. Unsure
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I had it on my iTunes/downloaded/non-streaming library cuz of a project I worked on in college. I suppose it's not in my current library though, so that may be cheating Hmm I actually don't have many whole albums saved on my Spotify. Unsure