What's Something You Wish You Knew Earlier?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,659
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
We're all constantly learning throughout our lives, and I'm sure there are times we've learned something later than we would have liked, so what are those things?

I kinda wish I had known how bad my university truly was before throwing down £7000+ on it and having my self esteem completely destroyed by it. My college teacher kept implying to me not to go to that university but he couldn't outright condemn it, and at the time I didn't realise why he was doing it.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,659 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
We're all constantly learning throughout our lives, and I'm sure there are times we've learned something later than we would have liked, so what are those things?

I kinda wish I had known how bad my university truly was before throwing down £7000+ on it and having my self esteem completely destroyed by it. My college teacher kept implying to me not to go to that university but he couldn't outright condemn it, and at the time I didn't realise why he was doing it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
That I had three wishes.

2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
That I had three wishes.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XD

Another thing I wish I knew earlier was that having a GCSE in French does not mean you get $10,000 a year extra in your wages. Had I not believed that to be the truth back in school I wouldn't have taken that class for a GCSE, or at least not have picked it based largely on that information.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XD

Another thing I wish I knew earlier was that having a GCSE in French does not mean you get $10,000 a year extra in your wages. Had I not believed that to be the truth back in school I wouldn't have taken that class for a GCSE, or at least not have picked it based largely on that information.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It's strange: everything I can think of I "wish" I knew before, would generally change the outcome of my life, and aside from external circumstances, I wouldn't want to change how that happened.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It's strange: everything I can think of I "wish" I knew before, would generally change the outcome of my life, and aside from external circumstances, I wouldn't want to change how that happened.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 19th, 2021, 04:56 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
You don't wish you'd known beforehand that buying a Wii U wasn't worth it in the long run? Tongue

I definitely wish I'd have known earlier about how the original PS3 wasn't worth getting for myself at launch and that I could've waited for a price drop when more games would've been out that I cared for.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 19th, 2021, 04:56 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
You don't wish you'd known beforehand that buying a Wii U wasn't worth it in the long run? Tongue

I definitely wish I'd have known earlier about how the original PS3 wasn't worth getting for myself at launch and that I could've waited for a price drop when more games would've been out that I cared for.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I wish I knew I didn't want to do animation before taking a three year course in it. Why'd I bother, all of it a waste of time. Or 95% of it. I have zero plans involving my degree.

Wish I knew about the Mimi freeze in Super Paper Mario and not being a fault with my first copy. OK yes it was a bug in the PAL version, but the copy may have continued playing normally if I actually found the key needed to avoid the crash. Can't remember if my second copy got the crash or not, but of course I did find the key then.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I wish I knew I didn't want to do animation before taking a three year course in it. Why'd I bother, all of it a waste of time. Or 95% of it. I have zero plans involving my degree.

Wish I knew about the Mimi freeze in Super Paper Mario and not being a fault with my first copy. OK yes it was a bug in the PAL version, but the copy may have continued playing normally if I actually found the key needed to avoid the crash. Can't remember if my second copy got the crash or not, but of course I did find the key then.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What degree would you have gone for instead knowing that fact ahead of time @Mr EliteL?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What degree would you have gone for instead knowing that fact ahead of time @Mr EliteL?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I know it sounds boring but I wish I took Business Studies instead of History, so whatever would come after that maybe, but that would also mean I'd not go to college for Art & Design so yeah a completely different path. Hmm but how much different would I turned out...better probably if all went well, or to heck. I don't particularly want to think about it either way....
I...don't know what else I would've done after college Art & Design. I sucked at painting, wasn't great at digital graphics. Erm, got no idea.  Doh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I know it sounds boring but I wish I took Business Studies instead of History, so whatever would come after that maybe, but that would also mean I'd not go to college for Art & Design so yeah a completely different path. Hmm but how much different would I turned out...better probably if all went well, or to heck. I don't particularly want to think about it either way....
I...don't know what else I would've done after college Art & Design. I sucked at painting, wasn't great at digital graphics. Erm, got no idea.  Doh
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: I know you did drawing a lot; have you ever considered just working on that to do it as commissions or something?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: I know you did drawing a lot; have you ever considered just working on that to do it as commissions or something?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Mar 19th, 2021, 07:52 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I actually don't cuz then I'd have never got to play things like Yoshi's Woolly World, Nintendoland, and Wind Waker HD. LOL

I did think of something I wish I had known earlier: The mass shooting of MSD going to occur when it did. I, at the very least, would've had my coworker take his kid out of school so he wouldn't get murdered like he did. Preventing the shooting all together, well, there was already a lot in place that was supposed to prevent it happening so it's hard to say what knowledge I have now could affect that outcome but -shrug-
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Mar 19th, 2021, 07:52 PM)Moonface Wrote:

I actually don't cuz then I'd have never got to play things like Yoshi's Woolly World, Nintendoland, and Wind Waker HD. LOL

I did think of something I wish I had known earlier: The mass shooting of MSD going to occur when it did. I, at the very least, would've had my coworker take his kid out of school so he wouldn't get murdered like he did. Preventing the shooting all together, well, there was already a lot in place that was supposed to prevent it happening so it's hard to say what knowledge I have now could affect that outcome but -shrug-
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Mar 30th, 2021, 10:57 PM)Moonface Wrote:

If I could turn a pencil drawing into a flashy colourful masterpiece, then maybe. No one wants pencil work. Even if I had the skill of making a complete work I'm almost certain I wouldn't though because I'm kinda selfish in that I want to do my own thing. Even though that's bad, I know it is, so many people on the internet have gotten followings from their art and all. I can't take my art into a "working" mindset, or rather trying to think like that is another of the reasons I may have currently halted doing anything with art in so long, being in this adult world. My desire to draw's still here but it's stuck behind a thick of wall...something, more like surrounded. Fuck I want to do it so bad, get better, get colouring, I have my music that used to help drive me and enjoy alongside making art, got tons of sketchbooks to fill, but nope still can't.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Mar 30th, 2021, 10:57 PM)Moonface Wrote:

If I could turn a pencil drawing into a flashy colourful masterpiece, then maybe. No one wants pencil work. Even if I had the skill of making a complete work I'm almost certain I wouldn't though because I'm kinda selfish in that I want to do my own thing. Even though that's bad, I know it is, so many people on the internet have gotten followings from their art and all. I can't take my art into a "working" mindset, or rather trying to think like that is another of the reasons I may have currently halted doing anything with art in so long, being in this adult world. My desire to draw's still here but it's stuck behind a thick of wall...something, more like surrounded. Fuck I want to do it so bad, get better, get colouring, I have my music that used to help drive me and enjoy alongside making art, got tons of sketchbooks to fill, but nope still can't.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I know one thing I bet almost everyone here wishes they knew earlier: how to do taxes or other adult tasks that you generally get to learn right at the moment you need to actually do the thing. Like there's so much independence stuff I didn't know from school and never thought to ask my parents about and even after doing some things like buying a house I still don't understand all of that. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I know one thing I bet almost everyone here wishes they knew earlier: how to do taxes or other adult tasks that you generally get to learn right at the moment you need to actually do the thing. Like there's so much independence stuff I didn't know from school and never thought to ask my parents about and even after doing some things like buying a house I still don't understand all of that. Tongue
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,961
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
(Oct 22nd, 2021, 07:03 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Yeah, definitely. I learned a few of them at university, and a few of them afterwards - but, there's probably still plenty that I just don't know, because I've never needed them Tongue .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,961 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
(Oct 22nd, 2021, 07:03 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Yeah, definitely. I learned a few of them at university, and a few of them afterwards - but, there's probably still plenty that I just don't know, because I've never needed them Tongue .
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,255
I wish I knew friendship first can be key to building a relationship. Hopefully, the creeper stage is past me.
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,255
I wish I knew friendship first can be key to building a relationship. Hopefully, the creeper stage is past me.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 12th, 2021, 06:29 AM)Cory Wrote:
Hey, at least you recognise it which is better than blindly continuing the behaviour. ^_^

This one's kinda dumb but I wish I knew earlier that the string on blinds is meant to be attached to something and shouldn't hang freely so that I didn't get blinds installed with the strings in the middle of the window instead of on the sides. It doesn't bother me as much now but at the time they got installed (about two months ago) I was really kicking myself about that when the installer made me aware of it. Doh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 12th, 2021, 06:29 AM)Cory Wrote:
Hey, at least you recognise it which is better than blindly continuing the behaviour. ^_^

This one's kinda dumb but I wish I knew earlier that the string on blinds is meant to be attached to something and shouldn't hang freely so that I didn't get blinds installed with the strings in the middle of the window instead of on the sides. It doesn't bother me as much now but at the time they got installed (about two months ago) I was really kicking myself about that when the installer made me aware of it. Doh