Square Enix @ E3 2018
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,021
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Here is all the news from Square Enix's E3 2018 Live Stream and any of their other announcements during E3, plus their entire live stream video if you would prefer to watch it instead of read about it. If we missed anything, please let us know and we'll add the information as soon as possible.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider | Discussion Thread
The first gameplay footage was shown for Shadow of the Tomb Raider, showcasing how Lara can use her environment to stalk and take down her enemies. Check out the footage and discussions over at our official discussion thread for the game.

Final Fantasy XIV Online | Trailer
A new patch, labelled Under The Moonlight (Patch 4.3), is coming soon to Final Fantasy XIV Online. In Summer, Final Fantasy XIV Online will be getting crossover content from Monster Hunter World.

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age | Trailer
A new trailer was shown for Dragon Quest XI's western release, which at the end revealed two special editions for the PS4 version of the game. The first is the Edition of Light, which comes with bonus DLC containing Supplicant, Healer, and Seed of Skill x3. The second is the Edition of Lost Time, which includes all the Edition of Light bonuses as well as a map of Erdrea, art book, steelbook case, soundtrack, Pep Pop, and Seed of Skill x15. The Edition of Lost Time is only available from the Square Enix Store.

There will also be a crossover event between Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius and Dragon Quest this September.

Babylon's Fall | Trailer
PlatinumGames are working on a new IP called Babylon's Fall, coming to PS4 and Steam in 2019.

Octopath Traveler | Discussion Thread
A new trailer was shown for Octopath Traveler, releasing for Nintendo Switch on July 31st.

Just Cause 4 | Gameplay Presentation
New mechanics and changes to gameplay were explained in a new presentation video for Just Cause 4.

The Quiet Man | Trailer
A new IP was revealed called The Quiet Man, in which we witness a deaf man fighting a group of thugs in an alleyway. Little else was revealed, as more details will be coming in August.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,021 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Here is all the news from Square Enix's E3 2018 Live Stream and any of their other announcements during E3, plus their entire live stream video if you would prefer to watch it instead of read about it. If we missed anything, please let us know and we'll add the information as soon as possible.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider | Discussion Thread
The first gameplay footage was shown for Shadow of the Tomb Raider, showcasing how Lara can use her environment to stalk and take down her enemies. Check out the footage and discussions over at our official discussion thread for the game.

Final Fantasy XIV Online | Trailer
A new patch, labelled Under The Moonlight (Patch 4.3), is coming soon to Final Fantasy XIV Online. In Summer, Final Fantasy XIV Online will be getting crossover content from Monster Hunter World.

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age | Trailer
A new trailer was shown for Dragon Quest XI's western release, which at the end revealed two special editions for the PS4 version of the game. The first is the Edition of Light, which comes with bonus DLC containing Supplicant, Healer, and Seed of Skill x3. The second is the Edition of Lost Time, which includes all the Edition of Light bonuses as well as a map of Erdrea, art book, steelbook case, soundtrack, Pep Pop, and Seed of Skill x15. The Edition of Lost Time is only available from the Square Enix Store.

There will also be a crossover event between Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius and Dragon Quest this September.

Babylon's Fall | Trailer
PlatinumGames are working on a new IP called Babylon's Fall, coming to PS4 and Steam in 2019.

Octopath Traveler | Discussion Thread
A new trailer was shown for Octopath Traveler, releasing for Nintendo Switch on July 31st.

Just Cause 4 | Gameplay Presentation
New mechanics and changes to gameplay were explained in a new presentation video for Just Cause 4.

The Quiet Man | Trailer
A new IP was revealed called The Quiet Man, in which we witness a deaf man fighting a group of thugs in an alleyway. Little else was revealed, as more details will be coming in August.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Hoo boy, that was....weaker than I expected it to be. Kingdom Hearts was the same trailer from Microsoft, and so was Nier Automata.

Babylon's Fall is interesting but only because PlatinumGames was shown as the developer. If not for that I think that announcement would've been pretty forgettable for now.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Hoo boy, that was....weaker than I expected it to be. Kingdom Hearts was the same trailer from Microsoft, and so was Nier Automata.

Babylon's Fall is interesting but only because PlatinumGames was shown as the developer. If not for that I think that announcement would've been pretty forgettable for now.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Honestly to me if FFXIV was making an appearance in E3 it needs really big news. I feel like this patch doesn't seem that important to me....to be fair I didn't check out all the details, but it on the official website so it not really anything that special? Eh
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Honestly to me if FFXIV was making an appearance in E3 it needs really big news. I feel like this patch doesn't seem that important to me....to be fair I didn't check out all the details, but it on the official website so it not really anything that special? Eh
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
I would be hype for JC 4 but 3 left me disappointed, the map felt too small and the lack of vehicle verity left me wishing I was playing JC2, as an example: No civilian air ports.

The giant ass transport plan was cool, I tried to get one of those giant ass dump trucks on one but the plane was too small Sad

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
I would be hype for JC 4 but 3 left me disappointed, the map felt too small and the lack of vehicle verity left me wishing I was playing JC2, as an example: No civilian air ports.

The giant ass transport plan was cool, I tried to get one of those giant ass dump trucks on one but the plane was too small Sad
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just Cause 4 will have more vehicle variety though, or did what they show still lacked in comparison to JC2?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just Cause 4 will have more vehicle variety though, or did what they show still lacked in comparison to JC2?
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
The JC4 trailer didn't show nowhere enough vehicles
JC3: 81 (excluding "Special/weaponized" variants
JC 2: 104ish (excluding the 3 or 4 rickshaw variants)

But also They claimed JC3 was larger then 2 IIRC but it felt smaller.
Extreme weather caught my interest (since I like weather)

The tornado thing bugs me, South America isn't known for its tornadoes North America sure is, then maybe the Indian Sub contestant. SA does have an "Tornado alley" but its so small you are really limiting were in SA it is.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c...ornado.jpg

I question some parts of this map but then realized a lot of the areas highlighted also experience cyclones which can also produce tornadoes so I guess there is that?

"black hand" really? It just makes me think of the now way outdated controversies about Blackwater
[Image: JGNQ5bP.jpg]

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
The JC4 trailer didn't show nowhere enough vehicles
JC3: 81 (excluding "Special/weaponized" variants
JC 2: 104ish (excluding the 3 or 4 rickshaw variants)

But also They claimed JC3 was larger then 2 IIRC but it felt smaller.
Extreme weather caught my interest (since I like weather)

The tornado thing bugs me, South America isn't known for its tornadoes North America sure is, then maybe the Indian Sub contestant. SA does have an "Tornado alley" but its so small you are really limiting were in SA it is.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c...ornado.jpg

I question some parts of this map but then realized a lot of the areas highlighted also experience cyclones which can also produce tornadoes so I guess there is that?

"black hand" really? It just makes me think of the now way outdated controversies about Blackwater
[Image: JGNQ5bP.jpg]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,563
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Games I already knew about going in: Kingdom Hearts 3, Dragon Quest XI, The Adventures of Captain Spirit, & Octopath Traeler. The only thing interesting I saw that I want to see more of is Babalon's Fall. The other games "aren't my bag baby".
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,563 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Games I already knew about going in: Kingdom Hearts 3, Dragon Quest XI, The Adventures of Captain Spirit, & Octopath Traeler. The only thing interesting I saw that I want to see more of is Babalon's Fall. The other games "aren't my bag baby".
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
DRAGON QUUUUEST

i had to skip the trailer because I don't want to know about the story or anything. media blackout. but I beyond excited! I love that entire series!
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
DRAGON QUUUUEST

i had to skip the trailer because I don't want to know about the story or anything. media blackout. but I beyond excited! I love that entire series!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 21,993
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Other than the gameplay of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, I couldn't care less about everything else that was shown. A couple or so new things, but those did nothing for me. A few things were shown again. I think the KH3 trailer was very slightly different to the other, unless I am remembering wrong. Had a Ratatouille segment, extended clips and some clips removed? Eh, but nothing really substantial.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 21,993 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Other than the gameplay of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, I couldn't care less about everything else that was shown. A couple or so new things, but those did nothing for me. A few things were shown again. I think the KH3 trailer was very slightly different to the other, unless I am remembering wrong. Had a Ratatouille segment, extended clips and some clips removed? Eh, but nothing really substantial.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,618
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
No NieR Remaster. Square Enix gets an F-.

Dragon Quest XI footage is nice, but that's a game we already know about and have seen footage for previously, so they don't earn any points for that one.

Square, just give Yoko Taro a good budget and let him and Platinum Games remake NieR. You want to cash in on Automata's success and popularity? Well, there you go.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,618 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
No NieR Remaster. Square Enix gets an F-.

Dragon Quest XI footage is nice, but that's a game we already know about and have seen footage for previously, so they don't earn any points for that one.

Square, just give Yoko Taro a good budget and let him and Platinum Games remake NieR. You want to cash in on Automata's success and popularity? Well, there you go.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I know it's unlikely but maybe they're planning on it after Automata is on Xbox so that a Nier remaster can appeal to a wider audience. Plus it depends how much work would be needed to remake the game because I wouldn't want Square to announce it for the sake of announcing it and then waiting ages for it like KH3 and FF7R.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I know it's unlikely but maybe they're planning on it after Automata is on Xbox so that a Nier remaster can appeal to a wider audience. Plus it depends how much work would be needed to remake the game because I wouldn't want Square to announce it for the sake of announcing it and then waiting ages for it like KH3 and FF7R.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Square Enix @ E3 2019 Moonface 8 6,723 Jun 14th, 2019, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  2018 in Gaming Moonface 10 8,503 Mar 24th, 2019, 06:34 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Nintendo Direct - September 13th, 2018 Moonface 0 3,078 Sep 14th, 2018, 12:49 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  Sony @ E3 2018 Moonface 15 16,450 Jun 18th, 2018, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Ubisoft @ E3 2018 Moonface 5 7,241 Jun 15th, 2018, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL