Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Happy Birthday, Monocle! I never thought about what it would be like to have a birthday falling on this particular day, but I suppose it's not bad at all. Hope you had a great day anyway!
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Happy Birthday, Monocle! I never thought about what it would be like to have a birthday falling on this particular day, but I suppose it's not bad at all. Hope you had a great day anyway!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,643
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Feb 14th, 2022, 09:06 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Well if he goes to a restaurant he could get the luxury of having Happy Birthday sang to him at the table and getting extra cake or something. Tongue
(Yes, a lot of restaurants here make a spectacle if they discover it's your birthday. I don't think that ever happened in England.)
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,643 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Well if he goes to a restaurant he could get the luxury of having Happy Birthday sang to him at the table and getting extra cake or something. Tongue
(Yes, a lot of restaurants here make a spectacle if they discover it's your birthday. I don't think that ever happened in England.)
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,243
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Hope you had a fantastic day! Monday birthdays kinda suck but I hope you were able to take off or at least take a good moment to yourself Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,243 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Hope you had a fantastic day! Monday birthdays kinda suck but I hope you were able to take off or at least take a good moment to yourself Smile
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
(Feb 14th, 2022, 07:56 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Happy Valentine's Birthday Day @Monocle! Grin

You have anything planned for the day? ^_^

Thanks! nothing special. went to Buffalo Wild Wings with my wife and then the kids came home so that killed anything romantic lmao. 

Thanks! it was pretty great actually. Gaming all day after the kids got home. 

(Feb 15th, 2022, 07:21 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Thanks! yeah I took the whole weekend off so I had Saturday, Sunday, and Monday off. stupid Tuesday ruining it all.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
(Feb 14th, 2022, 07:56 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Happy Valentine's Birthday Day @Monocle! Grin

You have anything planned for the day? ^_^

Thanks! nothing special. went to Buffalo Wild Wings with my wife and then the kids came home so that killed anything romantic lmao. 

Thanks! it was pretty great actually. Gaming all day after the kids got home. 

(Feb 15th, 2022, 07:21 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Thanks! yeah I took the whole weekend off so I had Saturday, Sunday, and Monday off. stupid Tuesday ruining it all.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
How old are your kids @Monocle if you don't mind me asking? Smile

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
How old are your kids @Monocle if you don't mind me asking? Smile
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
7 and 5. Well my oldest will be 8 in April.

Can't wait till they're 18 and starting on campus on another planet!
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
7 and 5. Well my oldest will be 8 in April.

Can't wait till they're 18 and starting on campus on another planet!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, so I assume they were being looked after by someone else when they came home?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, so I assume they were being looked after by someone else when they came home?
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Nah. My sister was here for a while but covid hit towards the end of her kindergarten year so my sister went back home and everyone was home for a while. Now they're both in school so we're home before they get home from school
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Nah. My sister was here for a while but covid hit towards the end of her kindergarten year so my sister went back home and everyone was home for a while. Now they're both in school so we're home before they get home from school
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah so they got home from school. I overlooked that because I thought you went out on the weekend and not Monday which would've obviously been a school day. XD

If you could have a game made in the art style of a different game what would it be?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah so they got home from school. I overlooked that because I thought you went out on the weekend and not Monday which would've obviously been a school day. XD

If you could have a game made in the art style of a different game what would it be?
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
oh that's a good question. I really like Cris Tales art direction and Okami is classic.

The classic RPGs would be great in those art styles.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
oh that's a good question. I really like Cris Tales art direction and Okami is classic.

The classic RPGs would be great in those art styles.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Man I forgot all about Cris Tales. I saw some artwork for it ages ago and loved how it looked but I rarely see it mentioned anywhere so end up forgetting about it. I should really watch some trailers and such to actually learn what the game is and if it's for me since I know nothing beyond the art style. XD

Not that it'll probably ever happen but do you think Okami should get a sequel or is it best left as a singular game?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Man I forgot all about Cris Tales. I saw some artwork for it ages ago and loved how it looked but I rarely see it mentioned anywhere so end up forgetting about it. I should really watch some trailers and such to actually learn what the game is and if it's for me since I know nothing beyond the art style. XD

Not that it'll probably ever happen but do you think Okami should get a sequel or is it best left as a singular game?
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
I mean it did get that DS sequel but I think it would be left alone tbh. Sometimes you don't need to bank on creative success but exploiting the creativity. then it's no longer creative
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
I mean it did get that DS sequel but I think it would be left alone tbh. Sometimes you don't need to bank on creative success but exploiting the creativity. then it's no longer creative
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 6th, 2022, 09:03 PM)Monocle Wrote:
I just found out that the developer closed down very shortly after the game was done and since the sequel isn't on par with the original it seems, I'd definitely agree with you.
I can't believe they closed down at the same time they put out a game that went on to become viewed as one of the greatest games of all time. Imagine what they could've done if they had been able to stay open if Okami had been given the recognition it eventually got sooner than it did. Sad

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 6th, 2022, 09:03 PM)Monocle Wrote:
I just found out that the developer closed down very shortly after the game was done and since the sequel isn't on par with the original it seems, I'd definitely agree with you.
I can't believe they closed down at the same time they put out a game that went on to become viewed as one of the greatest games of all time. Imagine what they could've done if they had been able to stay open if Okami had been given the recognition it eventually got sooner than it did. Sad
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
oh man I didn't know that. that really sucks. I wonder where the talent itself ended up though
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
oh man I didn't know that. that really sucks. I wonder where the talent itself ended up though
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 10th, 2022, 02:51 AM)Monocle Wrote:
Seems almost none of them remained with Capcom which is where they started from, instead opting to leave and go into one of these:
Wikipedia Wrote:
Some of the key members of Clover founded Seeds Inc., a new development group[3] that merged with ODD Incorporated in October 2007 to form PlatinumGames,[4] which has since built up a staff composed of former Clover staff. Other members (including the art director of Ōkami) went to join UTV Ignition Games at their Tokyo development studio, which developed the game El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron. On 28 October 2010, one of the most prominent members of Clover Studio and then PlatinumGames, Shinji Mikami, joined ZeniMax Media in a deal where ZeniMax acquired his new development studio Tango Gameworks.[5]

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 10th, 2022, 02:51 AM)Monocle Wrote:
Seems almost none of them remained with Capcom which is where they started from, instead opting to leave and go into one of these:
Wikipedia Wrote:
Some of the key members of Clover founded Seeds Inc., a new development group[3] that merged with ODD Incorporated in October 2007 to form PlatinumGames,[4] which has since built up a staff composed of former Clover staff. Other members (including the art director of Ōkami) went to join UTV Ignition Games at their Tokyo development studio, which developed the game El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron. On 28 October 2010, one of the most prominent members of Clover Studio and then PlatinumGames, Shinji Mikami, joined ZeniMax Media in a deal where ZeniMax acquired his new development studio Tango Gameworks.[5]