Elden Ring | Shadow of the Erdtree Trailer
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,560
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I wonder if any of the runs done so far are even possible after the latest patch. It nerfed quite a few things that were basically broken and apparently some of that stuff was being used in runs.

The points I bolded are the ones that I believe are the very notable ones, with the two in Balance Changes being the ones I've seen people pointing out the most as very notable nerfs. I don't know much about Mimic Tear but I am aware that Sword of Night and Flame can become incredibly broken and allow a player to rinse most of the bosses with their eyes closed.

I can't find it in the notes but apparently there was also a bug where players could jump over a wall into a boss area and kill it without triggering the fight and so the boss just stood there and took attacks without doing anything about it. Not sure if that particular boss was involved in speedruns though because I can't recall what boss it was that had that exploit.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,560 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I wonder if any of the runs done so far are even possible after the latest patch. It nerfed quite a few things that were basically broken and apparently some of that stuff was being used in runs.

The points I bolded are the ones that I believe are the very notable ones, with the two in Balance Changes being the ones I've seen people pointing out the most as very notable nerfs. I don't know much about Mimic Tear but I am aware that Sword of Night and Flame can become incredibly broken and allow a player to rinse most of the bosses with their eyes closed.

I can't find it in the notes but apparently there was also a bug where players could jump over a wall into a boss area and kill it without triggering the fight and so the boss just stood there and took attacks without doing anything about it. Not sure if that particular boss was involved in speedruns though because I can't recall what boss it was that had that exploit.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
And so begins Fromsoft once again nerfing anything that's remotely OP/fun to use for people who just want to do stupid amounts of damage. They just never learn to leave things alone. Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 3 had some of the most fun things in the game completely ruined in this same way.

Nioh/Nioh 2 also had most of the really fun builds ruined with nerfs too, though that's a different developer. I just don't understand why they feel the need to nerf OP things in a majority single-player game (anyone who argues that the PvP is the main draw of the Souls games is on some major copium).

I'm already having trouble motivating myself to play the game (haven't touched it in nearly two weeks), and knowing they're starting the nerfs already just makes it harder for me to want to jump back on it.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
And so begins Fromsoft once again nerfing anything that's remotely OP/fun to use for people who just want to do stupid amounts of damage. They just never learn to leave things alone. Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 3 had some of the most fun things in the game completely ruined in this same way.

Nioh/Nioh 2 also had most of the really fun builds ruined with nerfs too, though that's a different developer. I just don't understand why they feel the need to nerf OP things in a majority single-player game (anyone who argues that the PvP is the main draw of the Souls games is on some major copium).

I'm already having trouble motivating myself to play the game (haven't touched it in nearly two weeks), and knowing they're starting the nerfs already just makes it harder for me to want to jump back on it.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah the nerfs suck, even though I wouldn't have used them in my first playthrough it could've been a fun thing to do later on. I'm in the same boat, I haven't touched Elden Ring in a week, probably only spent four or five days (not fully of course) bothering to play. But that's mostly down to my dislike of having to retreat from battles or outright avoiding them while I explore thus meaning missing out on gathering runes. I'm aware there's a good place to farm and other areas later on you can farm easy enemies for them, but haven't bothered doing that either. I also understand there's no point facing every battle situation too thanks to respawns and such or being underleveled or too many enemies, but still it's not like I enjoy running away.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah the nerfs suck, even though I wouldn't have used them in my first playthrough it could've been a fun thing to do later on. I'm in the same boat, I haven't touched Elden Ring in a week, probably only spent four or five days (not fully of course) bothering to play. But that's mostly down to my dislike of having to retreat from battles or outright avoiding them while I explore thus meaning missing out on gathering runes. I'm aware there's a good place to farm and other areas later on you can farm easy enemies for them, but haven't bothered doing that either. I also understand there's no point facing every battle situation too thanks to respawns and such or being underleveled or too many enemies, but still it's not like I enjoy running away.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 18th, 2022, 03:06 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Did Bloodborne ever get any nerfs? I know I got into it late so I don't know if anything was changed post-launch for it. I do find it odd how the developers don't know a weapon is OP before launching the game though, considering they would be setting the stats and presumably checking that they're not too high or too low. I find it hard to believe they just assume the numbers are okay when it looks like the majority of weapons didn't end up too high or too low and require adjustments.

I'm curious too as to what about the game hasn't made you come back to it in a bit?

(Mar 18th, 2022, 04:16 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Wait until running away actually becomes enjoyable because you reach the point where you actively start ignoring most enemies for the sake of just mowing through bosses to reach a different ending on a NG+. By my third playthrough of Bloodborne I was just ignoring most enemies once I got to the final few bosses in that game. Tongue

It's hard for me to suggest anything since I haven't played the game but maybe see if you can draw enemies away from a group or at least have them distance themselves from each other. In Bloodborne and Sekiro I sometimes knew trying to tackle multiple enemies at once could be risky and would try to lure them out in smaller packs or get some distance built in the group so I could hit the front runner once or twice, then dodge and back off before the stragglers catch up and surround me. Hit and run tactics + divide and conquer, basically.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 18th, 2022, 03:06 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Did Bloodborne ever get any nerfs? I know I got into it late so I don't know if anything was changed post-launch for it. I do find it odd how the developers don't know a weapon is OP before launching the game though, considering they would be setting the stats and presumably checking that they're not too high or too low. I find it hard to believe they just assume the numbers are okay when it looks like the majority of weapons didn't end up too high or too low and require adjustments.

I'm curious too as to what about the game hasn't made you come back to it in a bit?

(Mar 18th, 2022, 04:16 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Wait until running away actually becomes enjoyable because you reach the point where you actively start ignoring most enemies for the sake of just mowing through bosses to reach a different ending on a NG+. By my third playthrough of Bloodborne I was just ignoring most enemies once I got to the final few bosses in that game. Tongue

It's hard for me to suggest anything since I haven't played the game but maybe see if you can draw enemies away from a group or at least have them distance themselves from each other. In Bloodborne and Sekiro I sometimes knew trying to tackle multiple enemies at once could be risky and would try to lure them out in smaller packs or get some distance built in the group so I could hit the front runner once or twice, then dodge and back off before the stragglers catch up and surround me. Hit and run tactics + divide and conquer, basically.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Bloodborne did have some stuff nerfed, yeah. The Cannon used to be able to one-shot basically anything in the game before it got nerfed. A few other things ended up getting nerfed too, though I don't remember exactly what all they were. I think the Tiny Tonitrus tool got nerfed pretty hard too.

The main thing that has caused me to lose interest in Elden Ring so fast is the open world. There's a lot of "dead" space in the open world and it makes it pretty boring exploring it. Then you have the issue of Fromsoft thinking it was okay to just spam giant, HP-bloated enemies every where. Of course these enemies being huge also means they have really terrible hitboxes (something Fromsoft has always struggled with). Congratulations! You took down one giant, hp-bloated enemy! Now do it 30 more times in this area. This is why most people turned to OP magic builds in Elden Ring. Just so you didn't spend 90% of your play time clearing out these stupid enemies. Playing a melee build makes it take forever to clear an area out of there fuckers, especially considering you have to do it every time you want to go back to that area.

Then you have the horseback combat which is the biggest joke I've ever seen in a Fromsoft game. They should have just not done it instead.

The game is really good, but these few issues just drain my motivation to hop on the game and actually play it. I don't feel like spending four of my five hours of playing it just being fighting 30 of the same giant enemy.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Bloodborne did have some stuff nerfed, yeah. The Cannon used to be able to one-shot basically anything in the game before it got nerfed. A few other things ended up getting nerfed too, though I don't remember exactly what all they were. I think the Tiny Tonitrus tool got nerfed pretty hard too.

The main thing that has caused me to lose interest in Elden Ring so fast is the open world. There's a lot of "dead" space in the open world and it makes it pretty boring exploring it. Then you have the issue of Fromsoft thinking it was okay to just spam giant, HP-bloated enemies every where. Of course these enemies being huge also means they have really terrible hitboxes (something Fromsoft has always struggled with). Congratulations! You took down one giant, hp-bloated enemy! Now do it 30 more times in this area. This is why most people turned to OP magic builds in Elden Ring. Just so you didn't spend 90% of your play time clearing out these stupid enemies. Playing a melee build makes it take forever to clear an area out of there fuckers, especially considering you have to do it every time you want to go back to that area.

Then you have the horseback combat which is the biggest joke I've ever seen in a Fromsoft game. They should have just not done it instead.

The game is really good, but these few issues just drain my motivation to hop on the game and actually play it. I don't feel like spending four of my five hours of playing it just being fighting 30 of the same giant enemy.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm shocked the hit boxes are bad because they really nailed them in Sekiro due to the emphasis on sword play. I've seen footage of that game where someone has the sword of their enemy practically millimeters from their head as they perform an attack that does not feature i-frames.

I wonder if the strong enemy spam was an attempt to encourage players to keep moving by not wanting to deal with every enemy. Not that that reason would exempt it from being a questionable design choice but I'm just trying to think of what logical way, if any, there could've been for the approach.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm shocked the hit boxes are bad because they really nailed them in Sekiro due to the emphasis on sword play. I've seen footage of that game where someone has the sword of their enemy practically millimeters from their head as they perform an attack that does not feature i-frames.

I wonder if the strong enemy spam was an attempt to encourage players to keep moving by not wanting to deal with every enemy. Not that that reason would exempt it from being a questionable design choice but I'm just trying to think of what logical way, if any, there could've been for the approach.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I've lost the desire to continue playing, OK not outright, but I haven't got a plan of when the next time I'm going to boot it up. I thought Elden Ring would shoot up into my top 10 games in the first few hours playing like many recent games have done so I'd play them for a long time, even with the vast size of the open world here but I can't be bothered. Thought it would be a game I'd be itching to play and wishing I don't have to go to work or sleep, but nah. Not getting the satisfaction I thought I'd get from exploring, and don't really enjoy the combat either. Perhaps it's my build, but I got it stronger last time I played dealing more damage and less time fighting enemies. I might change my mind later about it if and when I do get further in. Might even start over again I dunno. I have watched others play and got more enjoyment from watching over playing and do see how it's a great game. That's just how I feel at the moment. *shrugs*
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I've lost the desire to continue playing, OK not outright, but I haven't got a plan of when the next time I'm going to boot it up. I thought Elden Ring would shoot up into my top 10 games in the first few hours playing like many recent games have done so I'd play them for a long time, even with the vast size of the open world here but I can't be bothered. Thought it would be a game I'd be itching to play and wishing I don't have to go to work or sleep, but nah. Not getting the satisfaction I thought I'd get from exploring, and don't really enjoy the combat either. Perhaps it's my build, but I got it stronger last time I played dealing more damage and less time fighting enemies. I might change my mind later about it if and when I do get further in. Might even start over again I dunno. I have watched others play and got more enjoyment from watching over playing and do see how it's a great game. That's just how I feel at the moment. *shrugs*
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Wow, it's nuts seeing you guys falling off the game just because I wouldn't have expected it. Do you think this style of game is better off as the more classic linear style that every prior game was before this one? Since it seems the open world is what's the bane of everyone's existence or the crux of the problems.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Wow, it's nuts seeing you guys falling off the game just because I wouldn't have expected it. Do you think this style of game is better off as the more classic linear style that every prior game was before this one? Since it seems the open world is what's the bane of everyone's existence or the crux of the problems.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It definitely seems like I'm seeing the trend of folk that didn't mesh with BOTW consequently aren't meshing with this one, and vice versa (those who fell in love with BOTW spending ages exploring and adoring Elden Ring).

Open world design isn't for everyone but it seems to be quite magical for those who do. The boss and enemy design thing is a FromSoft specific issue I wish they'd see is a common universally hated issue and actually rectify it but they seem to be pretty stubborn about it haha LOL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,227 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It definitely seems like I'm seeing the trend of folk that didn't mesh with BOTW consequently aren't meshing with this one, and vice versa (those who fell in love with BOTW spending ages exploring and adoring Elden Ring).

Open world design isn't for everyone but it seems to be quite magical for those who do. The boss and enemy design thing is a FromSoft specific issue I wish they'd see is a common universally hated issue and actually rectify it but they seem to be pretty stubborn about it haha LOL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Are you still trying to keep going with the game @Monocle or did you drop off it too?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Are you still trying to keep going with the game @Monocle or did you drop off it too?
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
oh I'm still playing host very slowly. Got distracted by Stranger of Paradise but still very much going. almost level 50. Total glad cannon build though since my vigor and HP are so low. rip
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
oh I'm still playing host very slowly. Got distracted by Stranger of Paradise but still very much going. almost level 50. Total glad cannon build though since my vigor and HP are so low. rip
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What did you put your levels into? Strength, magic, or something else?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What did you put your levels into? Strength, magic, or something else?
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Dex and Int. I use magic and I have a dex weapon. Plus I'm pretty good at dodging. I have a portion to increase max stamina and stamina recovery rate so I don't worry about running out
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Dex and Int. I use magic and I have a dex weapon. Plus I'm pretty good at dodging. I have a portion to increase max stamina and stamina recovery rate so I don't worry about running out
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 27th, 2022, 07:59 PM)Monocle Wrote:
Ah. What made you decide to go for a magic build?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 27th, 2022, 07:59 PM)Monocle Wrote:
Ah. What made you decide to go for a magic build?
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
I'm a huge pussy so I wanted to be able to attack from far away lmfao
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
I'm a huge pussy so I wanted to be able to attack from far away lmfao

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tekken 8 | Eddy Gordo Trailer Moonface 207 10,160 Apr 7th, 2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Final Fantasy XVI | DLC Trailer + Release Dates Moonface 19 2,572 Dec 8th, 2023, 04:50 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  Shadow of the Tomb Raider King Atem 10 9,278 Jul 21st, 2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: WR91