God of War Ragnarök
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
God of War: Ragnarok Delayed to 2022
Surprising few, God of War: Ragnarok has been delayed to 2022. However, Sony Santa Monica have also announced that the game is coming to both PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5. The game was originally scheduled for a 2021 release, with development only being for PlayStation 5.

Not surprised by the delay; however, I am surprised to see this game is also cross-gen. That's yet another big Sony game that isn't launching solely on PS5, and this cross-gen stuff with first party titles is starting to feel like this generations version of upscaling and re-releasing games on PS4 from PS3, but without having to buy the games twice to get both versions. Eh
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
God of War: Ragnarok Delayed to 2022
Surprising few, God of War: Ragnarok has been delayed to 2022. However, Sony Santa Monica have also announced that the game is coming to both PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5. The game was originally scheduled for a 2021 release, with development only being for PlayStation 5.

Not surprised by the delay; however, I am surprised to see this game is also cross-gen. That's yet another big Sony game that isn't launching solely on PS5, and this cross-gen stuff with first party titles is starting to feel like this generations version of upscaling and re-releasing games on PS4 from PS3, but without having to buy the games twice to get both versions. Eh
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I'm fine with the delay jsut for the love of god please don't crunch your employees and give us the best game you possibly can! Gasp Honestly I am pretty happy about it. Its nice for once you aren't screwed by console limitations, but I do feel like this is pushing more for digital over physical just because I highly doubt the PS4 disc has the PS5 upgrades on it, but then again either disc might not really even have the full game on it anymore.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I'm fine with the delay jsut for the love of god please don't crunch your employees and give us the best game you possibly can! Gasp Honestly I am pretty happy about it. Its nice for once you aren't screwed by console limitations, but I do feel like this is pushing more for digital over physical just because I highly doubt the PS4 disc has the PS5 upgrades on it, but then again either disc might not really even have the full game on it anymore.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm concerned if the delay was actually due to Sony telling Santa Monica to make sure the title will run on PS4s as well, and that largely set them back. I just don't want another Cyberpunk 2077 situation Errm

Hoping this doesn't mean we don't get to see a look at it any time soon (esp. since Sony isn't at E3 again). We only got to see a logo announcing it was happening so far. I'd like to see a taste of even the story potential at this point, even if it's all cutscenes.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm concerned if the delay was actually due to Sony telling Santa Monica to make sure the title will run on PS4s as well, and that largely set them back. I just don't want another Cyberpunk 2077 situation Errm

Hoping this doesn't mean we don't get to see a look at it any time soon (esp. since Sony isn't at E3 again). We only got to see a logo announcing it was happening so far. I'd like to see a taste of even the story potential at this point, even if it's all cutscenes.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 3rd, 2021, 03:26 AM)Karo Wrote:
Its nice for once you aren't screwed by console limitations, but I do feel like this is pushing more for digital over physical just because I highly doubt the PS4 disc has the PS5 upgrades on it, but then again either disc might not really even have the full game on it anymore.
As long as you have the disc you get the PS5 patches just as you do if you own it digitally. It works the same for both, the disc just verifies you own the game in place of a digital signature.

I wonder if we'll even see this game before the next Horizon releases or gets close to doing so. Sony seems to be trying to push one game at a time, considering Ratchet wasn't pushed until it was their next game to come and now that it's almost out, Horizon started getting pushed again.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 3rd, 2021, 03:26 AM)Karo Wrote:
Its nice for once you aren't screwed by console limitations, but I do feel like this is pushing more for digital over physical just because I highly doubt the PS4 disc has the PS5 upgrades on it, but then again either disc might not really even have the full game on it anymore.
As long as you have the disc you get the PS5 patches just as you do if you own it digitally. It works the same for both, the disc just verifies you own the game in place of a digital signature.

I wonder if we'll even see this game before the next Horizon releases or gets close to doing so. Sony seems to be trying to push one game at a time, considering Ratchet wasn't pushed until it was their next game to come and now that it's almost out, Horizon started getting pushed again.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
This is sad news for sure. But hopefully it'll end up living up the the hype. It's by far my most anticipated game!
WR91 Offline
Casual
This is sad news for sure. But hopefully it'll end up living up the the hype. It's by far my most anticipated game!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 5th, 2021, 05:20 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
I expect it will live up to the expectations. The mainline God of War games have never done badly or disappointed.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 5th, 2021, 05:20 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:
I expect it will live up to the expectations. The mainline God of War games have never done badly or disappointed.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
God of War: Ragnarok - Gameplay Trailer
Get the first look at God of War: Ragnarok and its gameplay with this brand new trailer from today's PlayStation Showcase 2021.

If you haven't kept up with news about this game before now or simply need a reminder, God of War: Ragnarok will be releasing on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 in 2022.

Oof, that sly quip at the end of the trailer was such as cock tease. Doesn't matter though, there was still more than enough epicness shown off! Wow Definitely game of the show for me. Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
God of War: Ragnarok - Gameplay Trailer
Get the first look at God of War: Ragnarok and its gameplay with this brand new trailer from today's PlayStation Showcase 2021.

If you haven't kept up with news about this game before now or simply need a reminder, God of War: Ragnarok will be releasing on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 in 2022.

Oof, that sly quip at the end of the trailer was such as cock tease. Doesn't matter though, there was still more than enough epicness shown off! Wow Definitely game of the show for me. Grin
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
The trailer looks really good maybe I should finish God of War so I can be all caught up for this game. XD
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
The trailer looks really good maybe I should finish God of War so I can be all caught up for this game. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 9th, 2021, 10:23 PM)Karo Wrote:
If you want to play through it without it taking long and getting just the story I'd suggest just playing through "Give Me A Story" difficulty. It'd let you ignore a lot of the side content and upgrades without the risk of the game becoming unbalanced because of it. Or you could still do it but the easier difficulty would let you get through it faster. Although no matter what I'd say ignore the Valkyrie's because you aren't missing out on much if you do and they take a fair bit of time to complete.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 9th, 2021, 10:23 PM)Karo Wrote:
If you want to play through it without it taking long and getting just the story I'd suggest just playing through "Give Me A Story" difficulty. It'd let you ignore a lot of the side content and upgrades without the risk of the game becoming unbalanced because of it. Or you could still do it but the easier difficulty would let you get through it faster. Although no matter what I'd say ignore the Valkyrie's because you aren't missing out on much if you do and they take a fair bit of time to complete.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
God of War Ragnarok Launches November 9
God of War Ragnarök is officially coming to PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 on November 9, 2022!

Additionally, a variety of editions have been announced on the PlayStation Blog:

The pricier editions look sick, even if I have no interest in getting them. I'll probably only get the launch or standard editions of the game.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
God of War Ragnarok Launches November 9
God of War Ragnarök is officially coming to PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 on November 9, 2022!

Additionally, a variety of editions have been announced on the PlayStation Blog:

The pricier editions look sick, even if I have no interest in getting them. I'll probably only get the launch or standard editions of the game.
WR91 Offline
Casual
YES! It's still a 2022 release! This is def. a day one buy for me.
WR91 Offline
Casual
YES! It's still a 2022 release! This is def. a day one buy for me.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think this might be the last first party game that releases across both PS4 and PS5. As nice as the cross gen stuff is I'll be glad to finally see games no longer having to accommodate for old hardware from all the first parties.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think this might be the last first party game that releases across both PS4 and PS5. As nice as the cross gen stuff is I'll be glad to finally see games no longer having to accommodate for old hardware from all the first parties.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Jul 6th, 2022, 11:28 PM)Moonface Wrote:
As someone who has yet to get a next gen console (PS5) I agree with your statement.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Jul 6th, 2022, 11:28 PM)Moonface Wrote:
As someone who has yet to get a next gen console (PS5) I agree with your statement.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
New artwork for the game courtesy of PlayStation Arabia:

Also good luck with getting your hands on a PS5 @"WrestleRacer91"! Those of us here who managed to get one know how hard it is to snag one of those. At least you don't need to worry about getting one for this game though. ^_^

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
New artwork for the game courtesy of PlayStation Arabia:

Also good luck with getting your hands on a PS5 @"WrestleRacer91"! Those of us here who managed to get one know how hard it is to snag one of those. At least you don't need to worry about getting one for this game though. ^_^
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Jul 7th, 2022, 11:26 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Yeah it'll most likely be the last "new" game I get for the PS4. I'm hoping to get a PS5 by 2024 as I really don't need one until then at this point.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Jul 7th, 2022, 11:26 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Yeah it'll most likely be the last "new" game I get for the PS4. I'm hoping to get a PS5 by 2024 as I really don't need one until then at this point.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gears of War (Series) Relic 5 5,208 Jul 21st, 2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: WR91
  God of War (Series) Moonface 10 9,672 Sep 28th, 2020, 09:42 PM
Last Post: WR91