What's Something You'd Never Do or Want to Experience Again?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I have quite a few different things, but the worst thing I ever experienced that I never wish to again is not taking sertraline for weeks, and then popping a full 100mg+ dose out of the blue without weaning myself back onto it first. What started as mild chest pain escalated into such severe pain in the middle of the night that it a) woke me up and b) made me throw up. I have never been in that much pain before, and it was the first and only time a paramedic has been called for me. I also took this the night before my birthday so I got to spend my entire birthday in bed waiting for the medication to get out of my system so the pain would finally go away.

I can't say I would currently be responsible enough to not miss medication, but I do know that I will not just go from 0-100 with a medication ever again. Especially when it almost got me into a hospital which sucks by itself, but especially so when it's going to cost me a fortune. Errm

What about you? It doesn't have to be remotely as bad as the story I shared but I'm sure everyone here has at least one thing they would happily steer clear of doing/experiencing again. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I have quite a few different things, but the worst thing I ever experienced that I never wish to again is not taking sertraline for weeks, and then popping a full 100mg+ dose out of the blue without weaning myself back onto it first. What started as mild chest pain escalated into such severe pain in the middle of the night that it a) woke me up and b) made me throw up. I have never been in that much pain before, and it was the first and only time a paramedic has been called for me. I also took this the night before my birthday so I got to spend my entire birthday in bed waiting for the medication to get out of my system so the pain would finally go away.

I can't say I would currently be responsible enough to not miss medication, but I do know that I will not just go from 0-100 with a medication ever again. Especially when it almost got me into a hospital which sucks by itself, but especially so when it's going to cost me a fortune. Errm

What about you? It doesn't have to be remotely as bad as the story I shared but I'm sure everyone here has at least one thing they would happily steer clear of doing/experiencing again. Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah that was a fuckin' trip. I'll say the bystander experience in all that was something I definitely don't want to experience again ROFL

Aside from that, definitely don't want to ever be insanely dizzy ever again if I can help it. I get dizzy easily, and I had no idea that the Epcot ride "Mission: Mars" was a simulation ride that spins you around to mimic g-force and launch. My friend was taking me on ALL the Disney rides, so she took me on it, and we went on the "Intense" version of it (there were two options: Normal and Intense). I thought something weird was happening to the monitors in the ride because my vision was doubling and it was making me nauseous. Had a splitting headache for the remainder of the day and never want to do that again. Ugh.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah that was a fuckin' trip. I'll say the bystander experience in all that was something I definitely don't want to experience again ROFL

Aside from that, definitely don't want to ever be insanely dizzy ever again if I can help it. I get dizzy easily, and I had no idea that the Epcot ride "Mission: Mars" was a simulation ride that spins you around to mimic g-force and launch. My friend was taking me on ALL the Disney rides, so she took me on it, and we went on the "Intense" version of it (there were two options: Normal and Intense). I thought something weird was happening to the monitors in the ride because my vision was doubling and it was making me nauseous. Had a splitting headache for the remainder of the day and never want to do that again. Ugh.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Five-days-a-week office work, as was the standard pre-COVID.

Admittedly, this is partly because my company moved its office during the pandemic, and now it's further away than my old office was. However, I've settled into working from home quite nicely - and I don't particularly want to go back on that. I do like having one day in the office per week (since it's nice to see everybody occasionally, and I prefer in-person meetings over Zoom meetings), but other than that, I'd much prefer to continue working from home.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Five-days-a-week office work, as was the standard pre-COVID.

Admittedly, this is partly because my company moved its office during the pandemic, and now it's further away than my old office was. However, I've settled into working from home quite nicely - and I don't particularly want to go back on that. I do like having one day in the office per week (since it's nice to see everybody occasionally, and I prefer in-person meetings over Zoom meetings), but other than that, I'd much prefer to continue working from home.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Never eat savoury cheese & onion products ever again. The mushy kind of cheese and onion that is, I'm fine with like sliced onion and cheese or grated cheese together. The sauce kind makes me feel ill and prone to throwing up as I did a few times on day I had to call in sick.

Another would be similar to Shira's, I want to avoid anything that could make me very dizzy. Even just wrapping a rubbish cage at work can make me feel dizzy, but I'll do that.

I would say rollercoasters and fast moving rides but a part of me wants to try and overcome that because I have a fear of falling and on rides that drop down I've had that feeling. Or perhaps it's being confined in a small space on a moving ride or car, since I can feel sick in the back of a car if I don't have music to listen to, although sometimes I can be OK in that situation without music. I'm perfectly fine in the front of a car, on buses (used to not be), trains and airplanes.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Never eat savoury cheese & onion products ever again. The mushy kind of cheese and onion that is, I'm fine with like sliced onion and cheese or grated cheese together. The sauce kind makes me feel ill and prone to throwing up as I did a few times on day I had to call in sick.

Another would be similar to Shira's, I want to avoid anything that could make me very dizzy. Even just wrapping a rubbish cage at work can make me feel dizzy, but I'll do that.

I would say rollercoasters and fast moving rides but a part of me wants to try and overcome that because I have a fear of falling and on rides that drop down I've had that feeling. Or perhaps it's being confined in a small space on a moving ride or car, since I can feel sick in the back of a car if I don't have music to listen to, although sometimes I can be OK in that situation without music. I'm perfectly fine in the front of a car, on buses (used to not be), trains and airplanes.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wish I could think of one that isn't about pain but because that's all I keep getting come to mind, I'll also say I don't wish to experience a tooth infection again. Had one of my wisdom teeth cause an infection in my jaw back in 2018 and best of all, it hit its peak right as I entered Volcano Bay, causing me to pay for tickets I didn't get to even use. Fortunately the park gave me a non-expiring ticket I can use so I didn't lose my money, but the pain felt like being smacked around the side of the head with a baseball bat. Errm

Oh, actually I'd never want to experience my first university experience ever again. That disaster nearly made me drop graphic design as a career and completely broke my self esteem, and I'm still not fully over that bullshit. At least in America if a teacher is absolutely awful you can drop them like a bad habit and just find another teacher. Although for my first university it wouldn't have mattered because the entire department/course was rotten from the top down, even in the second year when all but one teacher was replaced on the department. Screw anyone who tries to put another down to the point they actually consider giving up what they love doing. Hmph

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wish I could think of one that isn't about pain but because that's all I keep getting come to mind, I'll also say I don't wish to experience a tooth infection again. Had one of my wisdom teeth cause an infection in my jaw back in 2018 and best of all, it hit its peak right as I entered Volcano Bay, causing me to pay for tickets I didn't get to even use. Fortunately the park gave me a non-expiring ticket I can use so I didn't lose my money, but the pain felt like being smacked around the side of the head with a baseball bat. Errm

Oh, actually I'd never want to experience my first university experience ever again. That disaster nearly made me drop graphic design as a career and completely broke my self esteem, and I'm still not fully over that bullshit. At least in America if a teacher is absolutely awful you can drop them like a bad habit and just find another teacher. Although for my first university it wouldn't have mattered because the entire department/course was rotten from the top down, even in the second year when all but one teacher was replaced on the department. Screw anyone who tries to put another down to the point they actually consider giving up what they love doing. Hmph
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Sep 27th, 2021, 11:37 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
would say rollercoasters and fast moving rides but a part of me wants to try and overcome that because I have a fear of falling and on rides that drop down I've had that feeling. Or perhaps it's being confined in a small space on a moving ride or car, since I can feel sick in the back of a car if I don't have music to listen to, although sometimes I can be OK in that situation without music. I'm perfectly fine in the front of a car, on buses (used to not be), trains and airplanes.

I feel that. I think it has to do with being unaware and lack of control over a situation. There's a particular ride that comes to mind that I just get anxiety thinking about and probably will never go on it again: Black Thunder at Rapids Water Park. It's a water ride in a tube, meaning there aren't any safety harnesses besides your own two hands keeping a lock on the grips. This ride's normal version (Big Thunder) is open in the part where you plummet down into basically a half pipe so you can see at least. Now imagine that experience in total pitch black darkness. And I mean literally pitch black. You can't see ANYTHING. All you can do is feel yourself being propelled in all directions, and the idea of even just letting go by accident terrifies me. Ugh. Nope. I'm good. Rode that ride twice.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Sep 27th, 2021, 11:37 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
would say rollercoasters and fast moving rides but a part of me wants to try and overcome that because I have a fear of falling and on rides that drop down I've had that feeling. Or perhaps it's being confined in a small space on a moving ride or car, since I can feel sick in the back of a car if I don't have music to listen to, although sometimes I can be OK in that situation without music. I'm perfectly fine in the front of a car, on buses (used to not be), trains and airplanes.

I feel that. I think it has to do with being unaware and lack of control over a situation. There's a particular ride that comes to mind that I just get anxiety thinking about and probably will never go on it again: Black Thunder at Rapids Water Park. It's a water ride in a tube, meaning there aren't any safety harnesses besides your own two hands keeping a lock on the grips. This ride's normal version (Big Thunder) is open in the part where you plummet down into basically a half pipe so you can see at least. Now imagine that experience in total pitch black darkness. And I mean literally pitch black. You can't see ANYTHING. All you can do is feel yourself being propelled in all directions, and the idea of even just letting go by accident terrifies me. Ugh. Nope. I'm good. Rode that ride twice.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh crap no! Screw that ride, most certainly the Black Thunder version. No no no, not for me, never for me. D= XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh crap no! Screw that ride, most certainly the Black Thunder version. No no no, not for me, never for me. D= XD
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
I never want to be anywhere near a large body of water again.

I almost drowned once when my foot slipped on some moss while trying to cross a dam.

I also never want to take my bike down a slope again... you reach ludicrous speed and have nearly no control over it. It is terrifying.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
I never want to be anywhere near a large body of water again.

I almost drowned once when my foot slipped on some moss while trying to cross a dam.

I also never want to take my bike down a slope again... you reach ludicrous speed and have nearly no control over it. It is terrifying.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Nightingale: Can't relate to the slipping part but I did also nearly drown once. Went out into the deep end of a swimming pool as a kid and got cramp, and I didn't know how to tread water in that state very well and I was too far from the edge to try and reach it, and it was probably not even a second of struggling before a life guard saw me but it feels like an eternity in my mind. The one thing that really stood out to me though is the guard just handed me a stick to grab, but I like to assume that was for their safety of me not pushing them down rather than being a really dodgy way of saving a person as a life guard. ROFL
I wouldn't want to experience it again now though when I could remember significantly more details than what I do of the mentioned incident.

Something silly I wouldn't want to do again is eat ice cream in snowy weather. I was offered warm food but I was a kid so I was stupid and wanted ice cream. Really regretted doing that. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Nightingale: Can't relate to the slipping part but I did also nearly drown once. Went out into the deep end of a swimming pool as a kid and got cramp, and I didn't know how to tread water in that state very well and I was too far from the edge to try and reach it, and it was probably not even a second of struggling before a life guard saw me but it feels like an eternity in my mind. The one thing that really stood out to me though is the guard just handed me a stick to grab, but I like to assume that was for their safety of me not pushing them down rather than being a really dodgy way of saving a person as a life guard. ROFL
I wouldn't want to experience it again now though when I could remember significantly more details than what I do of the mentioned incident.

Something silly I wouldn't want to do again is eat ice cream in snowy weather. I was offered warm food but I was a kid so I was stupid and wanted ice cream. Really regretted doing that. XD
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
It does not snow where I live, but I distinctly remember annoying my parents to buy me an ice cream cone during a particularly crude winter night at the mall and... yeah, that was rough.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
It does not snow where I live, but I distinctly remember annoying my parents to buy me an ice cream cone during a particularly crude winter night at the mall and... yeah, that was rough.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I almost drowned once too, so I don't want to be in deep water again anytime soon. We were at a swimming pool and it had a special section that had moving water in a square which surrounded a wall that had a deep area in the middle. It was not recommended to go into the moving water if you could not swim, as you could drift into the deep section. I ignored the warning as I didn't know how to swim, went around the square a number times and really enjoyed, but I did happen to drift into the deep middle area and started to drown. Was saved by a life guard immediately and regret not listening to the warning. XD

I did learn to swim in primary school, but stopped going thus forgot how to. I refused swimming in secondary school so the incident happened after that, quite possibly is the reason why I didn't want to swim in secondary. I can sort of swim now, on my back only, although not confidently and haven't been in a pool for a few years now.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I almost drowned once too, so I don't want to be in deep water again anytime soon. We were at a swimming pool and it had a special section that had moving water in a square which surrounded a wall that had a deep area in the middle. It was not recommended to go into the moving water if you could not swim, as you could drift into the deep section. I ignored the warning as I didn't know how to swim, went around the square a number times and really enjoyed, but I did happen to drift into the deep middle area and started to drown. Was saved by a life guard immediately and regret not listening to the warning. XD

I did learn to swim in primary school, but stopped going thus forgot how to. I refused swimming in secondary school so the incident happened after that, quite possibly is the reason why I didn't want to swim in secondary. I can sort of swim now, on my back only, although not confidently and haven't been in a pool for a few years now.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 10th, 2021, 12:21 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I refused swimming in secondary school so the incident happened after that, quite possibly is the reason why I didn't want to swim in secondary. I can sort of swim now, on my back only, although not confidently and haven't been in a pool for a few years now.
Implying that any of the swimming lessons in P.E. at secondary school were actually teaching us how to swim and not just 45 minutes of playing water polo or other pool games in water that wasn't even deep enough at the far end up be unable to touch the bottom with your feet unless you were 4ft tall. Rolleyes

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 10th, 2021, 12:21 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I refused swimming in secondary school so the incident happened after that, quite possibly is the reason why I didn't want to swim in secondary. I can sort of swim now, on my back only, although not confidently and haven't been in a pool for a few years now.
Implying that any of the swimming lessons in P.E. at secondary school were actually teaching us how to swim and not just 45 minutes of playing water polo or other pool games in water that wasn't even deep enough at the far end up be unable to touch the bottom with your feet unless you were 4ft tall. Rolleyes
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I never want to waste my time at a job or in a relationship I'm not happy with again. Life's way too short to be unhappy.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I never want to waste my time at a job or in a relationship I'm not happy with again. Life's way too short to be unhappy.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Not really due to a bad experience but I remembered this due to mentioning it on another forum in response to a question about ever getting shot at; I doubt I would ever bother to go paintballing ever again in my life. Compared to other options like laser tag I think it's rather dull because games turn into camping behind cover out of fear of getting shot, whereas in laser tag the games are more hectic since there's no risk of pain which encourages people to run around a lot more. I really thought the biggest turn off for paintball for me would be the pain, but turns out it's really just how boring and slow a match gets because of trying to avoid the pain in the first place. If anyone here has never gone paintballing before I'd strongly suggest looking into any other alternative to it; you'll have an infinitely more fun time.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Not really due to a bad experience but I remembered this due to mentioning it on another forum in response to a question about ever getting shot at; I doubt I would ever bother to go paintballing ever again in my life. Compared to other options like laser tag I think it's rather dull because games turn into camping behind cover out of fear of getting shot, whereas in laser tag the games are more hectic since there's no risk of pain which encourages people to run around a lot more. I really thought the biggest turn off for paintball for me would be the pain, but turns out it's really just how boring and slow a match gets because of trying to avoid the pain in the first place. If anyone here has never gone paintballing before I'd strongly suggest looking into any other alternative to it; you'll have an infinitely more fun time.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah I don't have any desire to try out paintball, never did nor reading about your experience incite any feelings in me to try it either. So good point in saying how it can hurt or just end up being a camping behind an obstacle game.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah I don't have any desire to try out paintball, never did nor reading about your experience incite any feelings in me to try it either. So good point in saying how it can hurt or just end up being a camping behind an obstacle game.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's Something You'd Like To Experience? Moonface 7 1,220 May 12th, 2023, 09:38 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  What Was Your Experience of 9/11/2001? Moonface 15 8,093 Jul 13th, 2022, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Moonface