Persona (Series) | P3 Aigis The First Answer Port Announced
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm trying to wrap my head around this reasoning given in a recent interview about why The Answer ended up being DLC:
  • Wada reiterates that The Answer was originally considered at the start of development, but dropped saying "it was quite difficult to get off the ground compared to the main project".
  • The Answer was only approved after P3R was officially revealed (which would have been around June 2023), while the main game was still in development.
  • The main team didn't have time to work on The Answer DLC, so Yamaguchi is not the director for it. Hashizume, battle planner for games like TMS and Soul Hackers 2, is the director for this DLC. This is apparently very rare in Atlus and was only considered because it was "a dire need" according to Wada.
I understand dropping it because of development difficulties alongside the base game, but what I can't understand is why the DLC was only approved to be given the resources to be made after P3R was revealed. Why did they need to wait until after the reveal to get approval when the game is both developed and published by Atlus? It's not like they had to get approval from a third party publisher and even then, it isn't like this game was a remake of a long dormant franchise where the publisher may be wary of giving it too many resources. Furthermore, let's assume they didn't run into difficulties getting the DLC off the ground and managed to include it with P3R at launch; the price of the game would have probably been the same. Errm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,589 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm trying to wrap my head around this reasoning given in a recent interview about why The Answer ended up being DLC:
  • Wada reiterates that The Answer was originally considered at the start of development, but dropped saying "it was quite difficult to get off the ground compared to the main project".
  • The Answer was only approved after P3R was officially revealed (which would have been around June 2023), while the main game was still in development.
  • The main team didn't have time to work on The Answer DLC, so Yamaguchi is not the director for it. Hashizume, battle planner for games like TMS and Soul Hackers 2, is the director for this DLC. This is apparently very rare in Atlus and was only considered because it was "a dire need" according to Wada.
I understand dropping it because of development difficulties alongside the base game, but what I can't understand is why the DLC was only approved to be given the resources to be made after P3R was revealed. Why did they need to wait until after the reveal to get approval when the game is both developed and published by Atlus? It's not like they had to get approval from a third party publisher and even then, it isn't like this game was a remake of a long dormant franchise where the publisher may be wary of giving it too many resources. Furthermore, let's assume they didn't run into difficulties getting the DLC off the ground and managed to include it with P3R at launch; the price of the game would have probably been the same. Errm
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Atlus is owned by Sega, so technically even self-published titles have to go up that chain, potentially, and Sega has done some silly s*** over the years. But yeah, I'm pissed it wasn't part of launch, and I'm secondly pissed that I have to wait until SEPTEMBER to get The Ending! They'll probably charge 30 bucks for it, too; just watch. I'm starting to be really glad I hard passed on this version.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Atlus is owned by Sega, so technically even self-published titles have to go up that chain, potentially, and Sega has done some silly s*** over the years. But yeah, I'm pissed it wasn't part of launch, and I'm secondly pissed that I have to wait until SEPTEMBER to get The Ending! They'll probably charge 30 bucks for it, too; just watch. I'm starting to be really glad I hard passed on this version.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 9th, 2024, 01:11 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Ah, I forgot about that. I just looked up P3R on Wikipedia to see who the developer and publisher was and didn't consider anything higher in the chain when I saw the same names on both. Sweat
Also, assuming The Ending and The Answer are one and the same (I tried using Google to find out but looking up "persona 3 the ending" just gives me stuff about any ending for that game lol) then it costs $34.99 (the price of the P3R Expansion Pass). Looking back at the contents of the EP it's clear most of the price is for Wave 3 because nothing about the first two waves even warrants more than $10. Eh

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, I forgot about that. I just looked up P3R on Wikipedia to see who the developer and publisher was and didn't consider anything higher in the chain when I saw the same names on both. Sweat
Also, assuming The Ending and The Answer are one and the same (I tried using Google to find out but looking up "persona 3 the ending" just gives me stuff about any ending for that game lol) then it costs $34.99 (the price of the P3R Expansion Pass). Looking back at the contents of the EP it's clear most of the price is for Wave 3 because nothing about the first two waves even warrants more than $10. Eh
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Sorry, confusion. I was just calling it "The Ending" because it seemed like a proper title for it. Yeah, I class The Answer as the ending of P3. And I undershot the price tag, what a shock. I'm sorry, but this is such a raw deal for anyone who is a fan of the original game.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Sorry, confusion. I was just calling it "The Ending" because it seemed like a proper title for it. Yeah, I class The Answer as the ending of P3. And I undershot the price tag, what a shock. I'm sorry, but this is such a raw deal for anyone who is a fan of the original game.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Mar 9th, 2024, 01:22 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Yeah, this is the thing that is most wild about it. You have to buy the entire expansion pass to get The Answer, bringing the total to make the game "complete" up to $105 + tax (depending on where you live).

Now I'm just waiting for them to announce Female MC/P3P content as another $50+ paid DLC.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,802 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Mar 9th, 2024, 01:22 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Yeah, this is the thing that is most wild about it. You have to buy the entire expansion pass to get The Answer, bringing the total to make the game "complete" up to $105 + tax (depending on where you live).

Now I'm just waiting for them to announce Female MC/P3P content as another $50+ paid DLC.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Judging by the developer comments saying that it's too much time/effort to do a female protagonist for P3R, I won't be surprised to see Atlus make it an exclusive for a P3R re-release at some point to try and encourage double-dipping. Thinking of that term now, I bet that's why The Answer is tied into such an expensive DLC; in the past you'd have to buy another copy of the game to get that but because they can do it as a DLC add-on to the base game with digital downloads they're just shifting the price over to the DLC instead to minimize the revenue loss or something. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Judging by the developer comments saying that it's too much time/effort to do a female protagonist for P3R, I won't be surprised to see Atlus make it an exclusive for a P3R re-release at some point to try and encourage double-dipping. Thinking of that term now, I bet that's why The Answer is tied into such an expensive DLC; in the past you'd have to buy another copy of the game to get that but because they can do it as a DLC add-on to the base game with digital downloads they're just shifting the price over to the DLC instead to minimize the revenue loss or something. Errm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Persona 3: Aigis The First Mission Announced for G-Mode+ Archives Release
G-Mode has announced that they will be releasing Persona 3: Aigis The First Mission as part of their G-Mode+ Archives collection. The game will be released on Steam and Nintendo Switch in Japanese, but no release date has been given yet. Aigis The First Mission was originally released for Japanese phones in 2007 and serves as a prequel to Persona 3.

Steam Page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/28501...T_MISSION/

If I'm getting this right, this game has never seen a release outside of Japan and was probably a bastard to get a hold of considering it was a phone game released in 2007. I'm not sure why they'd bother to release an untranslated game onto the Switch when it's going to be far better for people to buy the Steam version and grab the inevitable translation mod, but at least it's another platform to help preserve the game.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Persona 3: Aigis The First Mission Announced for G-Mode+ Archives Release
G-Mode has announced that they will be releasing Persona 3: Aigis The First Mission as part of their G-Mode+ Archives collection. The game will be released on Steam and Nintendo Switch in Japanese, but no release date has been given yet. Aigis The First Mission was originally released for Japanese phones in 2007 and serves as a prequel to Persona 3.

Steam Page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/28501...T_MISSION/

If I'm getting this right, this game has never seen a release outside of Japan and was probably a bastard to get a hold of considering it was a phone game released in 2007. I'm not sure why they'd bother to release an untranslated game onto the Switch when it's going to be far better for people to buy the Steam version and grab the inevitable translation mod, but at least it's another platform to help preserve the game.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 31 8,824 9 hours ago
Last Post: Moonface
  LittleBigPlanet (Series) | User Created Content Offline Permanently Moonface 35 16,439 Apr 22nd, 2024, 11:52 PM
  Rayman (Series) Moonface 18 9,959 Apr 18th, 2024, 10:07 PM
  Hades (Series) | Hades II Early Access Announcement Moonface 15 6,575 Apr 17th, 2024, 10:19 PM
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 120 12,964 Apr 12th, 2024, 09:29 PM