What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? | Maniakkid25
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,748
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Hmm, yeah I'd never really thought about the segments being better as their own short interlude tracks rather than being included in the actual songs, mostly because any time I listen to music it tends to be when driving and so the radio stuff never feels out of place because I just like to imagine I'm actually listening to music on the radio but without being subjected to songs I don't like. Personal reasoning aside though I don't think it'll ever get old for me when that one radio interlude happens where the host says "all death metal, all the time!" and then a song as far from that sound possible comes on after in my shuffle. ROFL
Thematically within the album I think my favorite of them all might be the one that plays before "God Is In The Radio" just for how it cycles through multiple stations trying to avoid religious talk but every station is doing it.

Since we're taking about interludes and you're not a huge fan of how that album does it, what interludes overall do you like best or is there a particular band/album that you think does them really well without having the intrusive problem "Songs For The Deaf" has?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,748 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Hmm, yeah I'd never really thought about the segments being better as their own short interlude tracks rather than being included in the actual songs, mostly because any time I listen to music it tends to be when driving and so the radio stuff never feels out of place because I just like to imagine I'm actually listening to music on the radio but without being subjected to songs I don't like. Personal reasoning aside though I don't think it'll ever get old for me when that one radio interlude happens where the host says "all death metal, all the time!" and then a song as far from that sound possible comes on after in my shuffle. ROFL
Thematically within the album I think my favorite of them all might be the one that plays before "God Is In The Radio" just for how it cycles through multiple stations trying to avoid religious talk but every station is doing it.

Since we're taking about interludes and you're not a huge fan of how that album does it, what interludes overall do you like best or is there a particular band/album that you think does them really well without having the intrusive problem "Songs For The Deaf" has?

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 6th, 2018, 11:47 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 12:14 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 12:26 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 02:36 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 02:46 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 05:41 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Sep 18th, 2018, 03:00 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Sep 20th, 2018, 03:58 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Dec 8th, 2018, 01:03 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Apr 5th, 2021, 03:54 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Sep 18th, 2021, 03:30 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Nov 25th, 2021, 02:34 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Dec 16th, 2021, 10:33 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Aug 1st, 2022, 12:26 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Moonface - Jan 11th, 2023, 09:59 PM