Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,858
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I'm actually not a fan of interludes at all, musical or skit. I sort of have a immediate "Get on with it!" reaction to it. Eminem's Criminal and Boston's Foreplay are a couple I can think of that just get in the way of things. And Foreplay/Long Time is one of Boston's most beloved songs! It's the same problem I have with a lot of Metallica staples: you're taking too long to get to the point.

Now, granted, I have a caveat to this. One of my favorite songs, after all, is Timeshift by Subtech. That song stretches about 2 minutes of song into 13.5 minutes. But the difference here is that the repetition and droning on IS the point, not an interlude. Trance is a genre DEFINED by it's repetition of musical concepts to the point of banality. For what it's SUPPOSED to be, it's a great song. Meanwhile, For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica goes for 2 minutes before it finally gets to the verse riff! It would be fine as it's own track, like how Machinae Supremacy separate World of Light and Shinigami into two different tracks, despite the former being a lead-in to the later. But just make sure it's the point of the song.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,858 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I'm actually not a fan of interludes at all, musical or skit. I sort of have a immediate "Get on with it!" reaction to it. Eminem's Criminal and Boston's Foreplay are a couple I can think of that just get in the way of things. And Foreplay/Long Time is one of Boston's most beloved songs! It's the same problem I have with a lot of Metallica staples: you're taking too long to get to the point.

Now, granted, I have a caveat to this. One of my favorite songs, after all, is Timeshift by Subtech. That song stretches about 2 minutes of song into 13.5 minutes. But the difference here is that the repetition and droning on IS the point, not an interlude. Trance is a genre DEFINED by it's repetition of musical concepts to the point of banality. For what it's SUPPOSED to be, it's a great song. Meanwhile, For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica goes for 2 minutes before it finally gets to the verse riff! It would be fine as it's own track, like how Machinae Supremacy separate World of Light and Shinigami into two different tracks, despite the former being a lead-in to the later. But just make sure it's the point of the song.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 6th, 2018, 11:47 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 12:14 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 12:26 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 02:36 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 02:46 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 05:41 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Sep 18th, 2018, 03:00 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Sep 20th, 2018, 03:58 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Dec 8th, 2018, 01:03 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Apr 5th, 2021, 03:54 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Sep 18th, 2021, 03:30 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Nov 25th, 2021, 02:34 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Dec 16th, 2021, 10:33 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Aug 1st, 2022, 12:26 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Maniakkid25 - Jan 12th, 2023, 03:49 AM