Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,862
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I think it's rather interesting, but still needs some polish as it looks a bit janky (there's a moment where one of the mutants is walking backwards to the player, and then there's that table that doesn't appear to have the right level of weight for what it is, so everyone just shoves it around). I do also like that instead of a story exposition on loading the game, we get to see them played out, though I do think the bit with Diego was a bit rushed through given what is happening. I do like the liberty they take with the story where they give you a motivation for hacking into such a powerful corporation's servers in the first place, though. Overall, it shows a lot of promise for dragging a game that is nearing 30 years old now into the modern age. I do hope it plays better than it looks, however; right now it's still looking kind of janky for a modern day remake.

Edit: OH S***, the Demo's publicly available?! Did not realize that, nor did I know that pre-ordering would get me the System Shock 2 Remaster for free. I really wish I had the cash right now to grab it...

Edit 2: Having played the demo now, my general thoughts of the video were proven true: it's good, but still quite a bit janky. I've caught enemies floating on air, and not responding to being attacked myself, as well as items floating after interacting with them. Personally, I'd want to give it another 3 months before releasing it, at minimum, to work out a few of those kinks, but it's not like professional, non-kickstarter budgeted games haven't released in such a state (looking RIGHT at you, Bethesda). Overall, outside of the kinks, it's an easy 9/10. And bringing back the original SHODAN VA is just *chef's kiss*. It really is a great reimagining of a classic that is difficult to play, nowadays (the original game is very, VERY clunky to play by modern standards).
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,862 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I think it's rather interesting, but still needs some polish as it looks a bit janky (there's a moment where one of the mutants is walking backwards to the player, and then there's that table that doesn't appear to have the right level of weight for what it is, so everyone just shoves it around). I do also like that instead of a story exposition on loading the game, we get to see them played out, though I do think the bit with Diego was a bit rushed through given what is happening. I do like the liberty they take with the story where they give you a motivation for hacking into such a powerful corporation's servers in the first place, though. Overall, it shows a lot of promise for dragging a game that is nearing 30 years old now into the modern age. I do hope it plays better than it looks, however; right now it's still looking kind of janky for a modern day remake.

Edit: OH S***, the Demo's publicly available?! Did not realize that, nor did I know that pre-ordering would get me the System Shock 2 Remaster for free. I really wish I had the cash right now to grab it...

Edit 2: Having played the demo now, my general thoughts of the video were proven true: it's good, but still quite a bit janky. I've caught enemies floating on air, and not responding to being attacked myself, as well as items floating after interacting with them. Personally, I'd want to give it another 3 months before releasing it, at minimum, to work out a few of those kinks, but it's not like professional, non-kickstarter budgeted games haven't released in such a state (looking RIGHT at you, Bethesda). Overall, outside of the kinks, it's an easy 9/10. And bringing back the original SHODAN VA is just *chef's kiss*. It really is a great reimagining of a classic that is difficult to play, nowadays (the original game is very, VERY clunky to play by modern standards).

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 6th, 2018, 11:47 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 12:14 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 12:26 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 02:36 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 02:46 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 05:41 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Sep 18th, 2018, 03:00 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Sep 20th, 2018, 03:58 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Dec 8th, 2018, 01:03 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Apr 5th, 2021, 03:54 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Sep 18th, 2021, 03:30 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Nov 25th, 2021, 02:34 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Dec 16th, 2021, 10:33 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Aug 1st, 2022, 12:26 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Maniakkid25 - Mar 10th, 2023, 12:01 AM