What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? | Maniakkid25
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,742
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 16th, 2023, 08:49 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
No. While I might be able to B.S. an instrumental if I really tried, I suck at poetry, and don't even want to attempt the process of writing lyrics for a song. I prefer to arrange music that already exists. It's much easier.
Do you ever get ideas of what you'd write about for song subjects even if you aren't able to put it down into a lyrical format? Or like think of maybe a singular line that might be whatever you call the line that gets repeated a lot throughout the song even if the rest of the chorus it's within changes but nothing to really go with it?

If that last one seems oddly specific it's only because as a teenager I'd come up with a singular line or a bit of a chorus piece (not necessarily good in a writing sense but at least fit to some form of a rhythm) but would never manage to come close to anything for a verse or such. Sweat
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,742 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 16th, 2023, 08:49 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
No. While I might be able to B.S. an instrumental if I really tried, I suck at poetry, and don't even want to attempt the process of writing lyrics for a song. I prefer to arrange music that already exists. It's much easier.
Do you ever get ideas of what you'd write about for song subjects even if you aren't able to put it down into a lyrical format? Or like think of maybe a singular line that might be whatever you call the line that gets repeated a lot throughout the song even if the rest of the chorus it's within changes but nothing to really go with it?

If that last one seems oddly specific it's only because as a teenager I'd come up with a singular line or a bit of a chorus piece (not necessarily good in a writing sense but at least fit to some form of a rhythm) but would never manage to come close to anything for a verse or such. Sweat

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 6th, 2018, 11:47 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 12:14 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 12:26 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 02:36 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 02:46 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 05:41 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Sep 18th, 2018, 03:00 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Sep 20th, 2018, 03:58 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Dec 8th, 2018, 01:03 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Apr 5th, 2021, 03:54 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Sep 18th, 2021, 03:30 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Nov 25th, 2021, 02:34 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Dec 16th, 2021, 10:33 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Aug 1st, 2022, 12:26 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Moonface - Apr 16th, 2023, 11:43 PM