What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? | Maniakkid25
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,776
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I know of Sting and Lemmy from the four you listed yet I didn't know either are bass players. I knew Sting played a guitar at least (just didn't really know what) and Lemmy only ever comes to mind as a singer for me and if he was holding a guitar I'd probably just assume he was playing regular guitar like say, Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters. As for keyboard players, I wonder if Simon Cowell has contributed to them being overlooked by a lot of people on top of the reasons you already listed because of how he always acts like a keyboard is the worst thing on the planet every time someone brings one onto the stage for any of the X Got Talent shows. I know that his constant bashing of the thing made me start to think keyboards were actually shite instruments and that a proper pianist would play an actual piano back in the day when I thought he knew whatever he was talking about just because of who he is.

I had this question come to mind the other day but I've been too unwell to have the energy to ask it until now, and hopefully I can describe what I'm asking here well. So in music, there's like certain moments in songs where a particular effect gets done like most or all of the instruments stopping while the vocals continue and then the instruments all come back in, or another effect that I think is just called a drop (probably common in electronica style music?), and other such things like those where they're not a thing that can probably get grouped under a singular term, but they create like a highlight of something I guess or feel like an energy shift of sorts like a start/stop/start type feeling? If I've managed to get across what I'm talking about in any decent way, my question is what is your favourite type of thing that is like that in music? Sweat
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,776 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I know of Sting and Lemmy from the four you listed yet I didn't know either are bass players. I knew Sting played a guitar at least (just didn't really know what) and Lemmy only ever comes to mind as a singer for me and if he was holding a guitar I'd probably just assume he was playing regular guitar like say, Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters. As for keyboard players, I wonder if Simon Cowell has contributed to them being overlooked by a lot of people on top of the reasons you already listed because of how he always acts like a keyboard is the worst thing on the planet every time someone brings one onto the stage for any of the X Got Talent shows. I know that his constant bashing of the thing made me start to think keyboards were actually shite instruments and that a proper pianist would play an actual piano back in the day when I thought he knew whatever he was talking about just because of who he is.

I had this question come to mind the other day but I've been too unwell to have the energy to ask it until now, and hopefully I can describe what I'm asking here well. So in music, there's like certain moments in songs where a particular effect gets done like most or all of the instruments stopping while the vocals continue and then the instruments all come back in, or another effect that I think is just called a drop (probably common in electronica style music?), and other such things like those where they're not a thing that can probably get grouped under a singular term, but they create like a highlight of something I guess or feel like an energy shift of sorts like a start/stop/start type feeling? If I've managed to get across what I'm talking about in any decent way, my question is what is your favourite type of thing that is like that in music? Sweat

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 6th, 2018, 11:47 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 12:14 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 12:26 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 02:36 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 02:46 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 05:41 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Sep 18th, 2018, 03:00 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Sep 20th, 2018, 03:58 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Dec 8th, 2018, 01:03 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Apr 5th, 2021, 03:54 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Sep 18th, 2021, 03:30 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Nov 25th, 2021, 02:34 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Dec 16th, 2021, 10:33 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Aug 1st, 2022, 12:26 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Moonface - Dec 4th, 2023, 09:02 PM