Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,862
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I think I know what you are talking about, and -- if I do -- TV Tropes has your back: the Subdued Section. That's definitely not a drop, though. A drop is to electronic music what the chorus is to a normal song: it's what everything is building up to. While the term really didn't come into its own until Skrillex-style Dubstep became popular, the term transcends that into really most modern instrumentals, though most would still call it the "climax". An example is illuminating. Flux Pavillion's I Can't Stop hits its drop at about 54 seconds in (and yes, that is the same sample used by Kanye and Jay-Z).

Anyway, back to the question you are actually asking. Hmm...favorite time this happens? That's actually very difficult to say. I'd honestly have to go through my music library to say, but the two I can immediately think of are Operation Ground and Pound (right before the key change), and Surfing on a Sine Wave (at 3:03 in the vid, which is the moment where it feels like its building up to a drop, and then the Subdued Section hits). Both of these have very different points, but the effect is the same: the sudden dynamic change "wakes you up", and gets you paying attention.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,862 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I think I know what you are talking about, and -- if I do -- TV Tropes has your back: the Subdued Section. That's definitely not a drop, though. A drop is to electronic music what the chorus is to a normal song: it's what everything is building up to. While the term really didn't come into its own until Skrillex-style Dubstep became popular, the term transcends that into really most modern instrumentals, though most would still call it the "climax". An example is illuminating. Flux Pavillion's I Can't Stop hits its drop at about 54 seconds in (and yes, that is the same sample used by Kanye and Jay-Z).

Anyway, back to the question you are actually asking. Hmm...favorite time this happens? That's actually very difficult to say. I'd honestly have to go through my music library to say, but the two I can immediately think of are Operation Ground and Pound (right before the key change), and Surfing on a Sine Wave (at 3:03 in the vid, which is the moment where it feels like its building up to a drop, and then the Subdued Section hits). Both of these have very different points, but the effect is the same: the sudden dynamic change "wakes you up", and gets you paying attention.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 6th, 2018, 11:47 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 12:14 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 12:26 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 02:36 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 02:46 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Jun 7th, 2018, 05:41 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Sep 18th, 2018, 03:00 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Sep 20th, 2018, 03:58 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Dec 8th, 2018, 01:03 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Apr 5th, 2021, 03:54 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Sep 18th, 2021, 03:30 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Nov 25th, 2021, 02:34 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Dec 16th, 2021, 10:33 PM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Karo - Aug 1st, 2022, 12:26 AM
RE: What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? - by Maniakkid25 - Dec 5th, 2023, 12:08 AM