The Last of Us Part II | Remaster Announced
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,665
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 4th, 2020, 03:22 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
...and the video is already unavailable. Noes!
Probably because it came out that the song being used was done so without Sony seeking permission for it first.

Just found the video was re-uploaded but nothing seems to have changed. As for the song being used, it wasn't the song but instead apparently someone else did a cover that is very similar to the one in this commercial, but covers are not protected by copyright and so the person really has no case.

[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,665 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 4th, 2020, 03:22 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
...and the video is already unavailable. Noes!
Probably because it came out that the song being used was done so without Sony seeking permission for it first.

Just found the video was re-uploaded but nothing seems to have changed. As for the song being used, it wasn't the song but instead apparently someone else did a cover that is very similar to the one in this commercial, but covers are not protected by copyright and so the person really has no case.

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
This is 3 weeks too late, but I'll admit I've watched too much of TLOU2 to know I don't want to get it. I already knew I was going to wait, but I happened upon an early stream that was 6 hours in, and the chat made me know of an event that already occurred. That isn't the reason I was put off, as I never saw what led to it until two days later. In that stream I watched about 3 hours, the day after I saw maybe 4 or 5 hours it took the player to reach the end after choosing to watch again when I saw the review bombing. That made me want to see what the ending was, but at first I was against seeing the earlier event. Then I did on the third day.

Giving such negative reviews was uncalled for though, I do see the percentage on users reviews have levelled out to 50%'s, when it was in the 20's I believe when TLOU2 was still fresh. The plot would've been the main thing I'd have played this for but there is no reason for me to get the game itself.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
This is 3 weeks too late, but I'll admit I've watched too much of TLOU2 to know I don't want to get it. I already knew I was going to wait, but I happened upon an early stream that was 6 hours in, and the chat made me know of an event that already occurred. That isn't the reason I was put off, as I never saw what led to it until two days later. In that stream I watched about 3 hours, the day after I saw maybe 4 or 5 hours it took the player to reach the end after choosing to watch again when I saw the review bombing. That made me want to see what the ending was, but at first I was against seeing the earlier event. Then I did on the third day.

Giving such negative reviews was uncalled for though, I do see the percentage on users reviews have levelled out to 50%'s, when it was in the 20's I believe when TLOU2 was still fresh. The plot would've been the main thing I'd have played this for but there is no reason for me to get the game itself.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm on a second playthrough just for the trophies and overall I'd give the game a 6 or 7. It's good but its biggest sin is the length. I feel like there's a lot of filler just to make it feel like a video game, and some of the cut scenes just bore me. The gameplay is better than the first but I think the way they try to tell this story makes the overall experience weaker than the first. I don't think I'll care to play this again any time soon once I get the Platinum.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm on a second playthrough just for the trophies and overall I'd give the game a 6 or 7. It's good but its biggest sin is the length. I feel like there's a lot of filler just to make it feel like a video game, and some of the cut scenes just bore me. The gameplay is better than the first but I think the way they try to tell this story makes the overall experience weaker than the first. I don't think I'll care to play this again any time soon once I get the Platinum.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Jul 9th, 2020, 04:56 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

I just wish review sites would also go through and remove all of the fake 10/10s as well. Between the terrible writing and Druckmann himself just being a hack, I don't see how any review above a 5, maybe a 6 (being generous though) could be taken seriously.

I do love seeing just how bad the community for this game is. Laura Bailey is getting death threats to herself and her family because she voices Abby. Let's not go get mad at Druckmann for just being a terrible story writer, no, let's go threaten the lives of the people who just voiced the characters because its their job. One message even went as far as to threaten to kill her kid.

I don't have the picture to post, but if you're interested in seeing the full extent of the threats, you can probably just Google 'Laura Bailey death threats" and it should pop up.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,818 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Jul 9th, 2020, 04:56 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

I just wish review sites would also go through and remove all of the fake 10/10s as well. Between the terrible writing and Druckmann himself just being a hack, I don't see how any review above a 5, maybe a 6 (being generous though) could be taken seriously.

I do love seeing just how bad the community for this game is. Laura Bailey is getting death threats to herself and her family because she voices Abby. Let's not go get mad at Druckmann for just being a terrible story writer, no, let's go threaten the lives of the people who just voiced the characters because its their job. One message even went as far as to threaten to kill her kid.

I don't have the picture to post, but if you're interested in seeing the full extent of the threats, you can probably just Google 'Laura Bailey death threats" and it should pop up.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've seen the threats and no one involved with the game should get them, including Druckmann.

I haven't read any reviews for the game but I am curious as to what the 10 scores say. I know a 10 doesn't mean perfect but I feel even if I was generous with the flaws it has as a game I couldn't give it higher than a 9. Then again this is also why I hate scores; it feels like the stigma attached to them plays into what determines them and they just don't reflect the overall quality of a game well. If both this and the first part got a 10 from the same outlet it looks on the surface that both are near perfect overall experiences, and giving one lower makes it instantly appear to be shit when it may just be that one thing wasn't pulled off well that hurt the overall package, in this case for me being the length.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've seen the threats and no one involved with the game should get them, including Druckmann.

I haven't read any reviews for the game but I am curious as to what the 10 scores say. I know a 10 doesn't mean perfect but I feel even if I was generous with the flaws it has as a game I couldn't give it higher than a 9. Then again this is also why I hate scores; it feels like the stigma attached to them plays into what determines them and they just don't reflect the overall quality of a game well. If both this and the first part got a 10 from the same outlet it looks on the surface that both are near perfect overall experiences, and giving one lower makes it instantly appear to be shit when it may just be that one thing wasn't pulled off well that hurt the overall package, in this case for me being the length.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Dragon Lord : Yeah, I forgot to mention the perfect scores just to try and beat out the low scores aren't needed. Also read very briefly, like news titles of there being death threats thrown about. Didn't know they were going to that extent against Laura Bailey, holy crap. I agree with Moony though, no one deserved death threats for this.  Meh
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,129 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Dragon Lord : Yeah, I forgot to mention the perfect scores just to try and beat out the low scores aren't needed. Also read very briefly, like news titles of there being death threats thrown about. Didn't know they were going to that extent against Laura Bailey, holy crap. I agree with Moony though, no one deserved death threats for this.  Meh
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't realise the reviews being discussed here were the ones on places like Metacritic. Yeah, review boosting is just as bad as bombing. Don't give a 10 just because someone else gave a 0.

I got the Platinum a few days ago and stopped playing as soon as the trophy popped. I'd say that if the biggest draw to this game is the gameplay then just wait for Factions 2.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't realise the reviews being discussed here were the ones on places like Metacritic. Yeah, review boosting is just as bad as bombing. Don't give a 10 just because someone else gave a 0.

I got the Platinum a few days ago and stopped playing as soon as the trophy popped. I'd say that if the biggest draw to this game is the gameplay then just wait for Factions 2.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
This game was the quickest I can remember playing the whole way through. I could have did it in a day and a half but decided to take two days instead.

Spoilers for the personal game of the year list for 2020 but this is it.

Great game. Simply awesome in my opinion. I've never given any game a 10/10 but this is as close as it can get. 9.5/10.
WR91 Offline
Casual
This game was the quickest I can remember playing the whole way through. I could have did it in a day and a half but decided to take two days instead.

Spoilers for the personal game of the year list for 2020 but this is it.

Great game. Simply awesome in my opinion. I've never given any game a 10/10 but this is as close as it can get. 9.5/10.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What was your favorite moment @"WrestleRacer91"?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Oct 30th, 2020, 01:53 AM)Moonface Wrote:

I don't know what would be considered my favorite moment but the most shocking moment comes about 2 hours into the game. If you've played the game then you'd know exactly what I'm talking about. As I don't want to spoil it for anyone who might end up playing it down the road.
WR91 Offline
Casual

I don't know what would be considered my favorite moment but the most shocking moment comes about 2 hours into the game. If you've played the game then you'd know exactly what I'm talking about. As I don't want to spoil it for anyone who might end up playing it down the road.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 31st, 2020, 03:26 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:

I know what you're talking about. Feel free to discuss it using spoiler tags if you want to keep it secret for everyone else. Smile

As for my favourite moment, it would be the introduction of the Seraphite's. I knew their moment was coming and it still jump scared me when it finally happened. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 31st, 2020, 03:26 PM)WrestleRacer91 Wrote:

I know what you're talking about. Feel free to discuss it using spoiler tags if you want to keep it secret for everyone else. Smile

As for my favourite moment, it would be the introduction of the Seraphite's. I knew their moment was coming and it still jump scared me when it finally happened. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Hmm. I don't know if the second part of the game is a spoiler, but I'm putting it in a tag just in case

[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Hmm. I don't know if the second part of the game is a spoiler, but I'm putting it in a tag just in case

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@ShiraNoMai: I think the best thing about the part you mentioned is the following:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@ShiraNoMai: I think the best thing about the part you mentioned is the following:

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
This is definitely one of those games where it sets out to make the player feel bad, and it's a super uncommon trope in media that it's hard for people to really grasp it/appreciate it. I admire NaughtyDog for considering that option, even if I'm not a fan of the way I felt in the end (which is how you're supposed to feel but you know, who enjoys feeling that way?)
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,259 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
This is definitely one of those games where it sets out to make the player feel bad, and it's a super uncommon trope in media that it's hard for people to really grasp it/appreciate it. I admire NaughtyDog for considering that option, even if I'm not a fan of the way I felt in the end (which is how you're supposed to feel but you know, who enjoys feeling that way?)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Nightingale: I wanted to ask what parts in this game were your (least) favourite to play through. Smile
I figured I'd ask here rather than the What Games Stories Have You Got Invested In? thread just so that that thread doesn't veer into duplicating what this thread can be used for. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Nightingale: I wanted to ask what parts in this game were your (least) favourite to play through. Smile
I figured I'd ask here rather than the What Games Stories Have You Got Invested In? thread just so that that thread doesn't veer into duplicating what this thread can be used for. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 31 8,913 Apr 26th, 2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Persona (Series) | P3 Aigis The First Answer Port Announced Moonface 21 1,566 Apr 19th, 2024, 02:25 PM
  Final Fantasy VII Rebirth | Four-Part Documentary Available Now Moonface 28 2,222 Mar 29th, 2024, 05:57 PM
  Control | Sequel Announced queenzelda 14 7,724 Nov 11th, 2022, 07:41 PM