Games That Never Came West?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Dead Space (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,543
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Now I know technically you can play any game that was released exclusively in Japan by importing it, emulating it, etc. but for the purposes of discussion if the game never officially got a Western release, then it counts here. Tongue

I'm not super familiar with games that didn't see a Western release besides Mother 3, so right now I can't say there are games I would love to see ported over or think are interesting, etc. so for now I'll have to just make do with asking if anyone else here knows of any games they found interesting or wish were brought over to our shores?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,543 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Now I know technically you can play any game that was released exclusively in Japan by importing it, emulating it, etc. but for the purposes of discussion if the game never officially got a Western release, then it counts here. Tongue

I'm not super familiar with games that didn't see a Western release besides Mother 3, so right now I can't say there are games I would love to see ported over or think are interesting, etc. so for now I'll have to just make do with asking if anyone else here knows of any games they found interesting or wish were brought over to our shores?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,023
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
There are a good chunk of SMT games that never made it outside of Japan. Hell, the first SMT game only got a localization on iOS, and its now impossible to obtain outside of buying an old iPhone with the game on it thanks to the Appocalypse killing all 32 bit apps on the store. SMT II, ...If, Majin Tensei, most of the Devil Children series, even the original Megami Tensei games on NES. There are a lot of games that just never got a localization.

I've also talked about it before, but the Wonderswan never made it outside of Asia, so almost all the games for it are in Japanese. There are still some playable games if you have no knowledge of the language, but outside of those the games are few and far between. The only game that was ever released in English was because it was a Hong Kong release, and it was a Digimon game. Very nice.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,023 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
There are a good chunk of SMT games that never made it outside of Japan. Hell, the first SMT game only got a localization on iOS, and its now impossible to obtain outside of buying an old iPhone with the game on it thanks to the Appocalypse killing all 32 bit apps on the store. SMT II, ...If, Majin Tensei, most of the Devil Children series, even the original Megami Tensei games on NES. There are a lot of games that just never got a localization.

I've also talked about it before, but the Wonderswan never made it outside of Asia, so almost all the games for it are in Japanese. There are still some playable games if you have no knowledge of the language, but outside of those the games are few and far between. The only game that was ever released in English was because it was a Hong Kong release, and it was a Digimon game. Very nice.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,543
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Looking up the SMT series, it's wild to me that Atlus did a remaster of 3 in 2021 but have done nothing with the first two games. I get that remastering 3 likely does better sales because there's worldwide nostalgia for it, but even just throwing a translated version of the first two games out digitally worldwide would be a cheap way to port games that Atlus doesn't feel confident enough in to do further work than that on them.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,543 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Looking up the SMT series, it's wild to me that Atlus did a remaster of 3 in 2021 but have done nothing with the first two games. I get that remastering 3 likely does better sales because there's worldwide nostalgia for it, but even just throwing a translated version of the first two games out digitally worldwide would be a cheap way to port games that Atlus doesn't feel confident enough in to do further work than that on them.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,023
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Honestly, it's kind of surprising SMT I got a localization at all, because there's a rather disturbing sequence in the game involving Alice, where the area that she's in is controlled by two demons that killed all the residents and forced their spirits to be toys for the girl in question for all eternity. It's pretty f***ed up, even for a series like SMT. There are plenty of other games in the series with objectionable content like that, which is why the series has a very firm M rating in the US.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 14,023 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Honestly, it's kind of surprising SMT I got a localization at all, because there's a rather disturbing sequence in the game involving Alice, where the area that she's in is controlled by two demons that killed all the residents and forced their spirits to be toys for the girl in question for all eternity. It's pretty f***ed up, even for a series like SMT. There are plenty of other games in the series with objectionable content like that, which is why the series has a very firm M rating in the US.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anticipated Games Moonface 47 18,614 45 minutes ago
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Nonsensical Situations in Games Moonface 9 1,090 Jun 14th, 2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Favourite Lines in Games? Moonface 15 2,926 Jun 14th, 2024, 02:09 AM
  Parents in Video Games Moonface 2 155 May 30th, 2024, 06:47 PM
  Games That (Don't) Value Your Time? Moonface 3 151 May 21st, 2024, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL