The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom | Traversing Hyrule Trailer
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,639
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom | Announced
Link is missing, which means it's up to Princess Zelda to take the lead and save Hyrule in this new adventure announced during today's Nintendo Direct. Using the Trirod, she can recreate items such as tables, beds, boxes and water blocks to help traverse the world. Also, create echoes of monsters with the Trirod too to have them fight for you!

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom releases for Nintendo Switch on September 26, 2024!
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,639 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom | Announced
Link is missing, which means it's up to Princess Zelda to take the lead and save Hyrule in this new adventure announced during today's Nintendo Direct. Using the Trirod, she can recreate items such as tables, beds, boxes and water blocks to help traverse the world. Also, create echoes of monsters with the Trirod too to have them fight for you!

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom releases for Nintendo Switch on September 26, 2024!
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Wuthering Waves | Zenless Zone Zero | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Aether Gazer | Azur Lane | Dark Souls III | Elden Ring
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
XP: 11,124
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Man, this could have been SO GOOD but ended up just looking so... mediocre. When I was watching the trailer during the direct and saw Link get swallowed by the black hole and Zelda leave by herself, I was like, do we finally get a Zelda game where we play as Zelda and get to kick some ass?!?!?

Nope. We just get to stand there with a magic stick and copy/paste things to fight for us. Ugh. Thanks Nintendo, you had one job with this game and you blew it.
2023 Platinum Goal: 4/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Elden Ring (PS5)
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Wuthering Waves | Zenless Zone Zero | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Aether Gazer | Azur Lane | Dark Souls III | Elden Ring
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pronouns
Cute/Funny
XP: 11,124 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Man, this could have been SO GOOD but ended up just looking so... mediocre. When I was watching the trailer during the direct and saw Link get swallowed by the black hole and Zelda leave by herself, I was like, do we finally get a Zelda game where we play as Zelda and get to kick some ass?!?!?

Nope. We just get to stand there with a magic stick and copy/paste things to fight for us. Ugh. Thanks Nintendo, you had one job with this game and you blew it.
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,145
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I think it's kind of reductive to simplify Zelda's moveset as "copy + paste". I quite like they didn't decide to just re-skin Link as Zelda and gave her something unique; it really seems to change up the mechanics of how you would approach combat and encounters in the game, in my opinion.

I actually find the "creative solution" approach they gleaned from Tears of the Kingdom as something that's highly welcome. Having multiple ways to solve a problem versus the "one-solution puzzle" that old Zelda titles are known for is definitely how you keep the series feeling fresh and new.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Minecraft: Drehmal (PC) | Golden Yoshi's Island (SNES) | Pokémon Violet (Switch)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 27,145 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I think it's kind of reductive to simplify Zelda's moveset as "copy + paste". I quite like they didn't decide to just re-skin Link as Zelda and gave her something unique; it really seems to change up the mechanics of how you would approach combat and encounters in the game, in my opinion.

I actually find the "creative solution" approach they gleaned from Tears of the Kingdom as something that's highly welcome. Having multiple ways to solve a problem versus the "one-solution puzzle" that old Zelda titles are known for is definitely how you keep the series feeling fresh and new.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Clearly the best of both worlds is for Zelda to make a piece of furniture and do this with it:

[Image: -POWtf.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Clearly the best of both worlds is for Zelda to make a piece of furniture and do this with it:

[Image: -POWtf.gif]
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
See, he gets it. [Image: 1x.webp]

The art community pouring out the love and hype for this game has me all kinds of excited to see more of it. I still can't believe it's out so soon!
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
See, he gets it. [Image: 1x.webp]

The art community pouring out the love and hype for this game has me all kinds of excited to see more of it. I still can't believe it's out so soon!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It's hard to say without knowing exactly how the mechanic works but Zelda must have a way to fight things herself because otherwise if you opted to never obtain an enemy echo you'd essentially softlock yourself in boss fights, plus you probably have to kill an enemy to create an echo of it in the first place. Plus I'm sure there's going to be some sort of limit or cool down for summoning monsters otherwise why even bother with anything but the strongest thing you have?

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It's hard to say without knowing exactly how the mechanic works but Zelda must have a way to fight things herself because otherwise if you opted to never obtain an enemy echo you'd essentially softlock yourself in boss fights, plus you probably have to kill an enemy to create an echo of it in the first place. Plus I'm sure there's going to be some sort of limit or cool down for summoning monsters otherwise why even bother with anything but the strongest thing you have?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Learn about some of the regions you’ll visit in Hyrule during your adventure––as well as a few other things that are sure to come in handy!

I really love the look of the overworld, but the big thing I took away from this trailer is some of the mechanics that are reminiscent of stuff from BotW/TotK. Bind reminds me of Ultra Hand (TotK) but greatly expanded, and the smoothies make me think of the cooking mechanics but simpler.

Combat still seems rather on the light side though. That may just be because the trailer was focusing on other things, but even the amount of enemies in the world seemed almost non-existent for everything we saw. For what we did get though I think it confirms we won't do any fighting as Zelda directly and all combat will involve using echoes or other abilities. My impression from the trailer though is the game is more about solving things than fighting things.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Learn about some of the regions you’ll visit in Hyrule during your adventure––as well as a few other things that are sure to come in handy!

I really love the look of the overworld, but the big thing I took away from this trailer is some of the mechanics that are reminiscent of stuff from BotW/TotK. Bind reminds me of Ultra Hand (TotK) but greatly expanded, and the smoothies make me think of the cooking mechanics but simpler.

Combat still seems rather on the light side though. That may just be because the trailer was focusing on other things, but even the amount of enemies in the world seemed almost non-existent for everything we saw. For what we did get though I think it confirms we won't do any fighting as Zelda directly and all combat will involve using echoes or other abilities. My impression from the trailer though is the game is more about solving things than fighting things.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Violet [Switch] ACNH [Steam] BK:EW&tLO
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,168
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I like the fact that there are two different Zora's species. There always kind of was but seeing it in the game trailer made me very happy. Also very excited to see the return of the Deku Scrubs. Grin

It's interesting seeing how you can traverse in this game with a horse vs the abilities (ultra hand) that Zelda uses too.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,168 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I like the fact that there are two different Zora's species. There always kind of was but seeing it in the game trailer made me very happy. Also very excited to see the return of the Deku Scrubs. Grin

It's interesting seeing how you can traverse in this game with a horse vs the abilities (ultra hand) that Zelda uses too.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't notice the two different Zora types the first time I watched because I wasn't expecting a different design to show up after the first so stopped paying as close attention to the footage. Sweat
I knew the Zora design had changed at some point, but I figured it was just a redesign that stuck due to popularity rather than the two designs being of separate Zora races. I wonder if this will be the only game to do it or if having both will be a constant going forward?

Also, apparently there have been various short website clips of footage that hasn't been seen in trailers that someone spliced together here: https://streamable.com/ge1sn3
I haven't watched it yet but comments seem to indicate it has a lot more combat footage in it than what we've seen so far.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't notice the two different Zora types the first time I watched because I wasn't expecting a different design to show up after the first so stopped paying as close attention to the footage. Sweat
I knew the Zora design had changed at some point, but I figured it was just a redesign that stuck due to popularity rather than the two designs being of separate Zora races. I wonder if this will be the only game to do it or if having both will be a constant going forward?

Also, apparently there have been various short website clips of footage that hasn't been seen in trailers that someone spliced together here: https://streamable.com/ge1sn3
I haven't watched it yet but comments seem to indicate it has a lot more combat footage in it than what we've seen so far.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Yea, the video you linked shows some use of the abilities that Zelda has, as well as how she traverses Hyrule. They also show how she battles with monsters in her stead, which is nice. Kinda gives me Dragon Quest Monsters vibes but instead you're catching them and using the monsters as Zelda.

Personally, I love the Dragon Quest Monsters titles and seeing a Zelda title go that route where you can swap/trap any monster you like is really interesting to see. :3
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Yea, the video you linked shows some use of the abilities that Zelda has, as well as how she traverses Hyrule. They also show how she battles with monsters in her stead, which is nice. Kinda gives me Dragon Quest Monsters vibes but instead you're catching them and using the monsters as Zelda.

Personally, I love the Dragon Quest Monsters titles and seeing a Zelda title go that route where you can swap/trap any monster you like is really interesting to see. :3
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah, it feels like a next-step in the evolution of what combat can be in this series post-BOTW/TOTK.
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah, it feels like a next-step in the evolution of what combat can be in this series post-BOTW/TOTK.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I can't wait to get my hand on this on September 26th. Should be interesting to see how things differ from being above ground and then heading into the darkness. (mwahahaha)
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
I can't wait to get my hand on this on September 26th. Should be interesting to see how things differ from being above ground and then heading into the darkness. (mwahahaha)
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Update: Apparently this game has leaked online. So be careful if you're looking for it!
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Update: Apparently this game has leaked online. So be careful if you're looking for it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tekken 8 | ??? Trailer Moonface 239 20,374 Jul 28th, 2024, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Metroid Prime 4: Beyond | Announcement Trailer queenzelda 11 11,106 Jun 18th, 2024, 03:50 PM
  The Legend of Zelda (Series) Moonface 63 33,399 Dec 11th, 2023, 08:00 PM
  The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Moonface 49 12,088 Jul 17th, 2023, 09:40 PM
  Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age Monocle 41 32,207 Nov 7th, 2019, 10:09 PM
Last Post: queenzelda