Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,051
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Its an partner showcase, if anything we'll probably see another new Mario and Rabbids game. <_<
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,051 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Its an partner showcase, if anything we'll probably see another new Mario and Rabbids game. <_<
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,994
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Feb 20th, 2024, 02:53 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Not sure what to expect from this so I'm not really going in with anything. I'm sure the internet is already huffing hopium for Silksong though. ROFL

It should definitely be interesting. I've seen a lot of very copium hopes from people on what they expect to see in this Direct. Like bros, even if Xbox was bringing Starfield to PS5, that game would probably melt a Nintendo Switch just from how poorly optimized Bethesda makes their games.

"Presenting Starfield for Nintendo Switch! Running at a buttery smooth 5 FPS at 240p!"
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Stellar Blade | Sword of the Necromancer | Bravely Default II | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,994 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Feb 20th, 2024, 02:53 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Not sure what to expect from this so I'm not really going in with anything. I'm sure the internet is already huffing hopium for Silksong though. ROFL

It should definitely be interesting. I've seen a lot of very copium hopes from people on what they expect to see in this Direct. Like bros, even if Xbox was bringing Starfield to PS5, that game would probably melt a Nintendo Switch just from how poorly optimized Bethesda makes their games.

"Presenting Starfield for Nintendo Switch! Running at a buttery smooth 5 FPS at 240p!"
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Dead Space (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,450
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
IndieWorld Announced for April 17
Nintendo have announced that a new IndieWorld showcase will be aired tomorrow at 7am PT / 10am ET / 3pm GMT. The show will run for approximately 20 minutes and focuses on announcements and updates for indie games coming to Nintendo Switch in 2024.

I'm a little more intrigued by this one than usual, because on the one hand the recent Triple-i showcase was absolutely superb so there could be some more really cool stuff in this showcase, but on the other hand there was so much in the Triple-i showcase that it makes me question what could really be left to put together a good show only a week after that happened. Errm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,450 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
IndieWorld Announced for April 17
Nintendo have announced that a new IndieWorld showcase will be aired tomorrow at 7am PT / 10am ET / 3pm GMT. The show will run for approximately 20 minutes and focuses on announcements and updates for indie games coming to Nintendo Switch in 2024.

I'm a little more intrigued by this one than usual, because on the one hand the recent Triple-i showcase was absolutely superb so there could be some more really cool stuff in this showcase, but on the other hand there was so much in the Triple-i showcase that it makes me question what could really be left to put together a good show only a week after that happened. Errm
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (PC) | Cassette Beasts (PC) | For The King (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,797
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I share the same sentiment of "what the hell else can you show??" My guess is any other company that wasn't at that specific showcase will be shown, so it could definitely come with a more wider swathe of genres/types of games than what we saw at Triple I
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,797 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I share the same sentiment of "what the hell else can you show??" My guess is any other company that wasn't at that specific showcase will be shown, so it could definitely come with a more wider swathe of genres/types of games than what we saw at Triple I
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ugh, watching the Indie Direct after the recent Triple-i Showcase really makes me hate the format it has more than usual. I wish the presenters could lay off the puns for every game and maybe not speak as if the entire audience is below the age of 6. Meh

That aside, the show was okay but there were games in the ending sizzle reel that should have swapped places with some of the less interesting games in the main show. The game about making stickers is one that doesn't deserve a spotlight over far more interesting and in depth games like SCHiM, Animal Well, and Another Crab's Treasure.

Little Kitty, Big City looks like a cute game without the emotional heartstring pulling that Stray does, and it's nice to get a release date for it. 

stitch. seemed rather dull at first but it actually has a really cool concept to it, and if nothing else the logo for that game slaps!

[Image: original-0b5365e8dc610023733f260d28ee1a11.png]

SCHiM is another game that had a really cool concept, but I wish I could have seen more of it instead of the 10 seconds it got in the show. Should've taken some time out of the two minutes the game about making stickers got. Errm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ugh, watching the Indie Direct after the recent Triple-i Showcase really makes me hate the format it has more than usual. I wish the presenters could lay off the puns for every game and maybe not speak as if the entire audience is below the age of 6. Meh

That aside, the show was okay but there were games in the ending sizzle reel that should have swapped places with some of the less interesting games in the main show. The game about making stickers is one that doesn't deserve a spotlight over far more interesting and in depth games like SCHiM, Animal Well, and Another Crab's Treasure.

Little Kitty, Big City looks like a cute game without the emotional heartstring pulling that Stray does, and it's nice to get a release date for it. 

stitch. seemed rather dull at first but it actually has a really cool concept to it, and if nothing else the logo for that game slaps!

[Image: original-0b5365e8dc610023733f260d28ee1a11.png]

SCHiM is another game that had a really cool concept, but I wish I could have seen more of it instead of the 10 seconds it got in the show. Should've taken some time out of the two minutes the game about making stickers got. Errm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Hmm, for some reason I never posted about Nintendo confirming a Direct would be happening in June here despite posting about it in the Nintendo Switch Successor thread.

Anyway, I'm sure most if not all of you here know about Nintendo planning a Direct for this month and the only thing not yet confirmed officially is the date that Direct will happen. However, a trailer for the next Among Us update was accidentally uploaded and promptly taken down, but not quick enough for some to spot it and notice the trailer said "Out Now" and the video description had a link to a now deleted blog post that was dated June 18th, so maybe that'll be when the Direct is going to happen. I'm betting it's highly likely to be the date because there's no other reason to just randomly drop that on the 18th what with Summer Game Fest having just happened.

Since I feel like speculating/predicting/hoping, these are my thoughts on games for the June Direct:
  • Super Monkey Ball Banana Rumble - Releases on June 25 as a Switch exclusive, so definitely showing up.
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 HD - Same reasons as the game above except the release date for this one is June 27.
  • Luigi's Mansion 1 - Pure hopium on this one, because the remake of it is locked to the 3DS and it would suck if only 2 and 3 are on the Switch.
  • Tchia - Switch port releases on June 27.
  • Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Deluxe Edition - July 11.
  • Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition - July 18.
  • Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time - October 10.
  • Lego Horizon Adventures - I know it was just revealed but I can see it showing up briefly in this Direct just for anyone who didn't catch the news during Summer Game Fest.
  • Pokémon Legends Z-A - Doubtful because I think Nintendo would opt to give us our first look at this game during a Direct dedicated to it, but maybe they'll just announce that Direct here or give us something, or maybe nothing.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Hmm, for some reason I never posted about Nintendo confirming a Direct would be happening in June here despite posting about it in the Nintendo Switch Successor thread.

Anyway, I'm sure most if not all of you here know about Nintendo planning a Direct for this month and the only thing not yet confirmed officially is the date that Direct will happen. However, a trailer for the next Among Us update was accidentally uploaded and promptly taken down, but not quick enough for some to spot it and notice the trailer said "Out Now" and the video description had a link to a now deleted blog post that was dated June 18th, so maybe that'll be when the Direct is going to happen. I'm betting it's highly likely to be the date because there's no other reason to just randomly drop that on the 18th what with Summer Game Fest having just happened.

Since I feel like speculating/predicting/hoping, these are my thoughts on games for the June Direct:
  • Super Monkey Ball Banana Rumble - Releases on June 25 as a Switch exclusive, so definitely showing up.
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 HD - Same reasons as the game above except the release date for this one is June 27.
  • Luigi's Mansion 1 - Pure hopium on this one, because the remake of it is locked to the 3DS and it would suck if only 2 and 3 are on the Switch.
  • Tchia - Switch port releases on June 27.
  • Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Deluxe Edition - July 11.
  • Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition - July 18.
  • Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time - October 10.
  • Lego Horizon Adventures - I know it was just revealed but I can see it showing up briefly in this Direct just for anyone who didn't catch the news during Summer Game Fest.
  • Pokémon Legends Z-A - Doubtful because I think Nintendo would opt to give us our first look at this game during a Direct dedicated to it, but maybe they'll just announce that Direct here or give us something, or maybe nothing.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,391
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, so the date was leaked by that upload mistake. Don't get why they haven't officially confirmed the date of the Direct by now, I guess they just wanted it to be separate from SGF as it's over a week from that. I know it's the one actual announcement event I seem to care for, but I just don't hope for anything, I'll watch like I normally do, I mean there's probably not much left to put on the Switch anyway as it's approaching the end of it's life, as in they're likely more focused on the next console. Although yeah mentioning LM1 to have it's own Switch version to go alongside LM2 & LM3, it's kinda weird how they've gone from LM1 all the way back to LM1 if it happens.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,391 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, so the date was leaked by that upload mistake. Don't get why they haven't officially confirmed the date of the Direct by now, I guess they just wanted it to be separate from SGF as it's over a week from that. I know it's the one actual announcement event I seem to care for, but I just don't hope for anything, I'll watch like I normally do, I mean there's probably not much left to put on the Switch anyway as it's approaching the end of it's life, as in they're likely more focused on the next console. Although yeah mentioning LM1 to have it's own Switch version to go alongside LM2 & LM3, it's kinda weird how they've gone from LM1 all the way back to LM1 if it happens.
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,797
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
June 18th also happens to be a Tuesday, which falls in line with how they've historically done these Directs (though it usually is the second Tuesday in June at 9AM, usually to "kick off" E3) so that also checks out. I'll put money on it being 9AM PST/ 12PM EST / 5PM BST if it's indeed the 18th.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
🖤🤍💜 / 🩷💛💙
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,797 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
June 18th also happens to be a Tuesday, which falls in line with how they've historically done these Directs (though it usually is the second Tuesday in June at 9AM, usually to "kick off" E3) so that also checks out. I'll put money on it being 9AM PST/ 12PM EST / 5PM BST if it's indeed the 18th.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 12th, 2024, 12:50 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Ah, so the date was leaked by that upload mistake. Don't get why they haven't officially confirmed the date of the Direct by now, I guess they just wanted it to be separate from SGF as it's over a week from that.
If I'm not mistaken Nintendo usually doesn't announce Directs more than a few days out. I could see it being announced on like the 13th or 14th to give it enough time to get around without it falling out of discussion circles due to a week+ wait.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 12th, 2024, 12:50 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Ah, so the date was leaked by that upload mistake. Don't get why they haven't officially confirmed the date of the Direct by now, I guess they just wanted it to be separate from SGF as it's over a week from that.
If I'm not mistaken Nintendo usually doesn't announce Directs more than a few days out. I could see it being announced on like the 13th or 14th to give it enough time to get around without it falling out of discussion circles due to a week+ wait.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Nintendo Direct Announced for Tomorrow
As expected, Nintendo have announced that their June Nintendo Direct will be airing tomorrow in exactly 24 hours from now.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Nintendo Direct Announced for Tomorrow
As expected, Nintendo have announced that their June Nintendo Direct will be airing tomorrow in exactly 24 hours from now.

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,391
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah so 3PM my time then and apparently will be around 40 minutes, okey dokey.

I'll just leave this here in case anyone wants to get to the stream quickly just before it's live:

Direct June 18th
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,391 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah so 3PM my time then and apparently will be around 40 minutes, okey dokey.

I'll just leave this here in case anyone wants to get to the stream quickly just before it's live:

Direct June 18th
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Anyone think we'll see the Switch's swan song game at this Direct? I get the feeling Pokemon Z-A will be the last major Switch game myself and that anything else will just be smaller titles and ports still stuck on the Wii U or the 3DS.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Anyone think we'll see the Switch's swan song game at this Direct? I get the feeling Pokemon Z-A will be the last major Switch game myself and that anything else will just be smaller titles and ports still stuck on the Wii U or the 3DS.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nintendo Direct - June 18, 2024 Moonface 4 109 8 hours ago
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Summer Game Fest 2024 Megathread Moonface 24 637 Jun 14th, 2024, 01:38 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  State of Play Megathread | May 30 Show Announced queenzelda 89 25,094 May 31st, 2024, 12:44 AM
  Super Nintendo World Moonface 35 9,525 May 3rd, 2024, 12:52 AM
  GotY/Gaming in 2023 Megathread Moonface 32 2,511 Apr 12th, 2024, 09:41 PM