Last Game You Played
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 9,153
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The Talos Principle 2

The puzzles are getting harder now - but, that's no bad thing: it means I'm being challenged Tongue . Still, I'm only 33% of the way through the game - so, there's plenty of room for it to get harder!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 9,153 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The Talos Principle 2

The puzzles are getting harder now - but, that's no bad thing: it means I'm being challenged Tongue . Still, I'm only 33% of the way through the game - so, there's plenty of room for it to get harder!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Moonlighter (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,639
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 2nd, 2024, 07:13 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
Pokemon Violet [switch]: Have been mostly shiny hunting. I got alolan Riachu shiny, normal riachu shiny, pikachu, pichu shiny, and a few mikumiku shiny too. I then got all three tatsugeri shiny, as well as a shiny Bronzong. I went shiny hunting for Bayleaf but ended up finding a shiny Grooky instead. Idk what I'll go looking for today, but we'll see. XD
You aiming to try and get every shiny Pokémon in the game or just the ones you care about?

Animal Crossing New Horizons [switch]: I have an og switch that I started a new town called Unicornya on. So far, I scanned in Ankha, I was able to find a lot of cute villagers and for some reason this streamer I watch is obsessed with Beardo, who ended up as the first villager in my campsite. It took him over 4k nook mile tickets just to find him. XD
Next up is KK Slider who said he thought my little island looked neat and wanted to visit. So today is KK Slider game when I boot it up. :3
Man, being reminded of this game I wish it had approached some aspects differently so I didn't end up abandoning my island. Sad

Emberward: Demo (PC)
Steam has a Tower Defense Fest going on until August 5 and although I've never really played games in this genre, I decided to go taking a look through the demo list just to see what was in there, and I'm glad I did because I came across this game which is a tower defense game incorporating Tetris pieces, which immediately grabbed my attention. So far I'm absolutely in love with this game and I'm really excited for when it leaves Early Access! Grin
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 28,639 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Pokemon Violet [switch]: Have been mostly shiny hunting. I got alolan Riachu shiny, normal riachu shiny, pikachu, pichu shiny, and a few mikumiku shiny too. I then got all three tatsugeri shiny, as well as a shiny Bronzong. I went shiny hunting for Bayleaf but ended up finding a shiny Grooky instead. Idk what I'll go looking for today, but we'll see. XD
You aiming to try and get every shiny Pokémon in the game or just the ones you care about?

Animal Crossing New Horizons [switch]: I have an og switch that I started a new town called Unicornya on. So far, I scanned in Ankha, I was able to find a lot of cute villagers and for some reason this streamer I watch is obsessed with Beardo, who ended up as the first villager in my campsite. It took him over 4k nook mile tickets just to find him. XD
Next up is KK Slider who said he thought my little island looked neat and wanted to visit. So today is KK Slider game when I boot it up. :3
Man, being reminded of this game I wish it had approached some aspects differently so I didn't end up abandoning my island. Sad

Emberward: Demo (PC)
Steam has a Tower Defense Fest going on until August 5 and although I've never really played games in this genre, I decided to go taking a look through the demo list just to see what was in there, and I'm glad I did because I came across this game which is a tower defense game incorporating Tetris pieces, which immediately grabbed my attention. So far I'm absolutely in love with this game and I'm really excited for when it leaves Early Access! Grin
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Violet [Switch] ACNH [Steam] BK:EW&tLO
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,168
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
(Aug 4th, 2024, 12:05 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Man, being reminded of this game I wish it had approached some aspects differently, so I didn't end up abandoning my island. Sad 

I'm actually trying to get all the Pokedex shiny. I'm just missing a few of the starters such as a shiny Chikorita, Grovyle, Torracat, and an Seviper I believe. I have most of the dex shiny just missing a few is all.

Yea, it would have been nice to have had an island to go to with friends and play games instead of looking for villagers alone. It would also be nice if we could have made the town look nicer like in New Leaf where you can bring in new stuff into the town. Hell being able to use amiibo to bring in Wolf Link, Pig Gannon, and other Nintendo characters as villagers was really nice. Keeping it in would have been great. I also loved the star trees, but nope Nintendo had to kill having those. Same with a third tear on the island. smh
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Violet [Switch] ACNH [Steam] BK:EW&tLO
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 10,168 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
(Aug 4th, 2024, 12:05 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Man, being reminded of this game I wish it had approached some aspects differently, so I didn't end up abandoning my island. Sad 

I'm actually trying to get all the Pokedex shiny. I'm just missing a few of the starters such as a shiny Chikorita, Grovyle, Torracat, and an Seviper I believe. I have most of the dex shiny just missing a few is all.

Yea, it would have been nice to have had an island to go to with friends and play games instead of looking for villagers alone. It would also be nice if we could have made the town look nicer like in New Leaf where you can bring in new stuff into the town. Hell being able to use amiibo to bring in Wolf Link, Pig Gannon, and other Nintendo characters as villagers was really nice. Keeping it in would have been great. I also loved the star trees, but nope Nintendo had to kill having those. Same with a third tear on the island. smh
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Cities: Skylines.

Made some more progress on my octagonal city (which is up to 110,000 inhabitants - and is nearing completion):

Kyng Offline
Rookie
Cities: Skylines.

Made some more progress on my octagonal city (which is up to 110,000 inhabitants - and is nearing completion):

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Kyng: You ever considered putting anything in the middle there rather than just the water there currently?

Moonlighter (PC)
Beat the second dungeon yesterday and have the third shop upgrade. I think the game does a bad job explaining some stuff by using only images to convey stuff, but that's really my only main gripe with it.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Kyng: You ever considered putting anything in the middle there rather than just the water there currently?

Moonlighter (PC)
Beat the second dungeon yesterday and have the third shop upgrade. I think the game does a bad job explaining some stuff by using only images to convey stuff, but that's really my only main gripe with it.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,814
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Heh, that city of yours is looking impressive, Kyng.

Genshin Impact

Slowly progressing the summer event, which is easily my least favourite of the four we've had so far. It just feels like a slog/bore to get through, I had more fun rushing trying to get every chest I could during the 2nd and 3rd summer event before they finished (and I failed the 2nd year one but was still pleased with it) but with still 20+ days left I have little motivation to do everything available in the limited time map. That's even after pulling for Emilie and her weapon, I initially wasn't going to, on my main so I have low Primogems, and Yelan on my NA that went to very high pity costing almost all of my fates saved after pulling for Clorinde.

Wuthering Waves

Got Changli as my first limited banner 5-star, I have Jianxin and Verina from standard plus got my Jianxin to S2 with the free choice banner and free 5-star ticket. Played with DL for a while on Monday as I am on the NA server which was cool, and just doing other stuff as well with the events. Need to finish up the Mt Firmament exploration events though.

Tekken 8

Not done much but a little Practice, trying to get back into the game so I don't completely waste my year PS Sub for online play. Haven't got comfortable to do so yet though.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,814 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Heh, that city of yours is looking impressive, Kyng.

Genshin Impact

Slowly progressing the summer event, which is easily my least favourite of the four we've had so far. It just feels like a slog/bore to get through, I had more fun rushing trying to get every chest I could during the 2nd and 3rd summer event before they finished (and I failed the 2nd year one but was still pleased with it) but with still 20+ days left I have little motivation to do everything available in the limited time map. That's even after pulling for Emilie and her weapon, I initially wasn't going to, on my main so I have low Primogems, and Yelan on my NA that went to very high pity costing almost all of my fates saved after pulling for Clorinde.

Wuthering Waves

Got Changli as my first limited banner 5-star, I have Jianxin and Verina from standard plus got my Jianxin to S2 with the free choice banner and free 5-star ticket. Played with DL for a while on Monday as I am on the NA server which was cool, and just doing other stuff as well with the events. Need to finish up the Mt Firmament exploration events though.

Tekken 8

Not done much but a little Practice, trying to get back into the game so I don't completely waste my year PS Sub for online play. Haven't got comfortable to do so yet though.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
(Aug 9th, 2024, 08:19 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Moonlighter (PC)

I probably won't. The water has to go somewhere, and the middle seems like the most natural place for it Tongue . 

Besides, I've already flooded this city once... I don't want to risk flooding it for a second time by draining it all out again Sad !

Anyway, the last game I played was Cities: Skylines again... probably not much point in posting another screenshot, though, because it's only been built out slightly more Tongue .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
(Aug 9th, 2024, 08:19 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Moonlighter (PC)

I probably won't. The water has to go somewhere, and the middle seems like the most natural place for it Tongue . 

Besides, I've already flooded this city once... I don't want to risk flooding it for a second time by draining it all out again Sad !

Anyway, the last game I played was Cities: Skylines again... probably not much point in posting another screenshot, though, because it's only been built out slightly more Tongue .
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Genshin Impact

Just completed 99% of the Summer Event on my PC EU server barring two chest/challenges I have no idea how to get to for one or find for the second one. I can see their rough location on the map but wherever they are it isn't as obvious like the rest were. Also the side quest after that went to Sumeru that was completely unrelated to the event just to show how moronic Kaveh is by starting a chain of the other characters messing with a book was just utter pointlessness. WHY was this here?!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Genshin Impact

Just completed 99% of the Summer Event on my PC EU server barring two chest/challenges I have no idea how to get to for one or find for the second one. I can see their rough location on the map but wherever they are it isn't as obvious like the rest were. Also the side quest after that went to Sumeru that was completely unrelated to the event just to show how moronic Kaveh is by starting a chain of the other characters messing with a book was just utter pointlessness. WHY was this here?!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Moonlighter (PC)
Managed to beat the fourth dungeon boss on my first try, and I think I've also hit the ceiling on this game at this point. There's very little reason to replay dungeons I've beaten and making money has become so easy that resource management is non-existent. It's a good game but it starts to get weaker as a game the stronger your character gets I think.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Moonlighter (PC)
Managed to beat the fourth dungeon boss on my first try, and I think I've also hit the ceiling on this game at this point. There's very little reason to replay dungeons I've beaten and making money has become so easy that resource management is non-existent. It's a good game but it starts to get weaker as a game the stronger your character gets I think.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Brain Challenge (Nintendo DS)

I got this recently as a gift from one of my fellow forum members on a meet-up. It's nearly 20 years old now, but the puzzles still hold up IMO: they're fun and challenging, and quite intense when you're against the clock!

I seem to do very poorly on the 'Logic' puzzles, though - and I think my mathematical background actually works against me there, because I try to work the logical connections out rigorously, when instead, these puzzles are about intuition!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Brain Challenge (Nintendo DS)

I got this recently as a gift from one of my fellow forum members on a meet-up. It's nearly 20 years old now, but the puzzles still hold up IMO: they're fun and challenging, and quite intense when you're against the clock!

I seem to do very poorly on the 'Logic' puzzles, though - and I think my mathematical background actually works against me there, because I try to work the logical connections out rigorously, when instead, these puzzles are about intuition!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Minecraft (PC)
I got an itch to play this again after seeing a streamer playing it which made me nostalgic for the game. I didn't realize I haven't touched the game in over two years. Gasp

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Minecraft (PC)
I got an itch to play this again after seeing a streamer playing it which made me nostalgic for the game. I didn't realize I haven't touched the game in over two years. Gasp
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Brain Challenge (again).

Did pretty well today... got a bunch of maths-based challenges!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Brain Challenge (again).

Did pretty well today... got a bunch of maths-based challenges!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Nothing quite makes you feel like a n00b than having 1000+ hours in a game and dying on the first floor of a run with the starting character. Suffer

Minecraft (PC)
Been playing through a custom map with @ShiraNoMai called Drehmal and it's so ridiculously impressive that I'd highly recommend it to anyone who owns Minecraft on PC if you're looking for a custom map that can be best described as a AA level game quality.

We originally played this map back during COVID and were considering going back to finish it, but discovered that the map had seen substantial updates since we played it last so we restarted and it was totally worth it.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Nothing quite makes you feel like a n00b than having 1000+ hours in a game and dying on the first floor of a run with the starting character. Suffer

Minecraft (PC)
Been playing through a custom map with @ShiraNoMai called Drehmal and it's so ridiculously impressive that I'd highly recommend it to anyone who owns Minecraft on PC if you're looking for a custom map that can be best described as a AA level game quality.

We originally played this map back during COVID and were considering going back to finish it, but discovered that the map had seen substantial updates since we played it last so we restarted and it was totally worth it.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Civilization V

I'm playing a game with my sister, while she's here. I'm playing as Morocco, and she's playing as the Songhai.

Right now, our team is completely dominating: we have five cities each, and we're gearing up for a war against Babylon, who are encroaching on both of our northern borders. They're quite annoying, really!
Kyng Offline
Rookie
Civilization V

I'm playing a game with my sister, while she's here. I'm playing as Morocco, and she's playing as the Songhai.

Right now, our team is completely dominating: we have five cities each, and we're gearing up for a war against Babylon, who are encroaching on both of our northern borders. They're quite annoying, really!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Genshin Impact

Doing dailies, slowly building new characters but not spending enough time on them so they're not even Level 80+ yet. Did a randomiser wheel for Spiral Abyss Floors 9-11 all the teams were doable apart from one side in Floor 11, so randomised again for another set of teams. Won't do Floor 12 like that as I couldn't 9-star it last time, actually haven't been able to many before recently, bah.

Wuthering Waves

Dailies, completed the main festival event, Zhezhi's quest and not much else.

Scrabble Online

Been playing against Master rank recently. I'm losing 8-22 games so far, boo. Master can be ridiculously good, it freaking destroyed me in my worst loss margin ever as I just didn't get good racks to play against it, I lost with a terrible 240-788. XD To put into context I'm winning against Hard 58-27, Easy and Normal I played once but not worth it as they're way too easy, and Grand Master is the step above Master. I did play GM difficulty once last year and obviously lost, but not by such a huge margin, it was 389-465. A good win against Master I had recently was 422-330.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Genshin Impact

Doing dailies, slowly building new characters but not spending enough time on them so they're not even Level 80+ yet. Did a randomiser wheel for Spiral Abyss Floors 9-11 all the teams were doable apart from one side in Floor 11, so randomised again for another set of teams. Won't do Floor 12 like that as I couldn't 9-star it last time, actually haven't been able to many before recently, bah.

Wuthering Waves

Dailies, completed the main festival event, Zhezhi's quest and not much else.

Scrabble Online

Been playing against Master rank recently. I'm losing 8-22 games so far, boo. Master can be ridiculously good, it freaking destroyed me in my worst loss margin ever as I just didn't get good racks to play against it, I lost with a terrible 240-788. XD To put into context I'm winning against Hard 58-27, Easy and Normal I played once but not worth it as they're way too easy, and Grand Master is the step above Master. I did play GM difficulty once last year and obviously lost, but not by such a huge margin, it was 389-465. A good win against Master I had recently was 422-330.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Game You Played and Disliked? Moonface 3 258 Jun 26th, 2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 1,259 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Recommend 10 Games To Someone Who Has Never Played Games Moonface 9 5,000 Mar 9th, 2021, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  The Main Character of the Last Game You Played is Coming to Kill You... Moonface 13 9,166 Jun 30th, 2020, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 5,332 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface