I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
So I'm going to be the one to post the topic about the Nintendo Switch and I heard about this a little while ago and haven't actually posted about it yet.

A group of hackers that call themselves ReSwitched discovered an unfixable exploit in all first model switches that has to do with the graphic cards inside of it. This exploit is known as the Fusee Gelee coldboot vulnerability. Doesn't seem like it something that easily exploitable though, but I found it pretty neat to know about. Smile

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/04...npatchable 

There are other sources you can google about it if your curious. I won't be doing anything with this, but it something interesting to note. Smile

Anyways how is everyone enjoying their switches?
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
So I'm going to be the one to post the topic about the Nintendo Switch and I heard about this a little while ago and haven't actually posted about it yet.

A group of hackers that call themselves ReSwitched discovered an unfixable exploit in all first model switches that has to do with the graphic cards inside of it. This exploit is known as the Fusee Gelee coldboot vulnerability. Doesn't seem like it something that easily exploitable though, but I found it pretty neat to know about. Smile

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/04...npatchable 

There are other sources you can google about it if your curious. I won't be doing anything with this, but it something interesting to note. Smile

Anyways how is everyone enjoying their switches?
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I enjoyed my Switch last week, taking it with me I was able to restart Super Mario: Odyssey. I'm curious to hax my Switch, I kind of want to add more features like Netflix, web browsing, & stuff that Nintendo should have on it that isn't there. Tongue
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I enjoyed my Switch last week, taking it with me I was able to restart Super Mario: Odyssey. I'm curious to hax my Switch, I kind of want to add more features like Netflix, web browsing, & stuff that Nintendo should have on it that isn't there. Tongue
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I've no interest in the Switch until it drops to a more appropriate price. $200. Maybe $250 if it comes with a game.

Also waiting for it to have more than one or two games that look worth playing. Right now the only games the Switch has that I'd even be interested in are Disgaea 5, which I already have on PS4 so there's no point, and Fire Emblem Warriors, which just seems like a game I'd get if I found it on sale for like $20.

Octopath Traveler looks somewhat interesting, but not worth overpaying for a Switch to play.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I've no interest in the Switch until it drops to a more appropriate price. $200. Maybe $250 if it comes with a game.

Also waiting for it to have more than one or two games that look worth playing. Right now the only games the Switch has that I'd even be interested in are Disgaea 5, which I already have on PS4 so there's no point, and Fire Emblem Warriors, which just seems like a game I'd get if I found it on sale for like $20.

Octopath Traveler looks somewhat interesting, but not worth overpaying for a Switch to play.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Hmm if you do actually try it Queen let us know how it turns out. Just remember to be careful!

@Night Lord: Yeah I'd wait maybe another year? Then I think it should have a lot more games that will interest you. Smile Currently I got a few I love, but it hasn't reached the point where I'm like, "SWITCH ALL THE TIME!" I'm curious if they'll release a new model soon cause of the exploit or won't really care.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Hmm if you do actually try it Queen let us know how it turns out. Just remember to be careful!

@Night Lord: Yeah I'd wait maybe another year? Then I think it should have a lot more games that will interest you. Smile Currently I got a few I love, but it hasn't reached the point where I'm like, "SWITCH ALL THE TIME!" I'm curious if they'll release a new model soon cause of the exploit or won't really care.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
One of the biggest problems with the Switch for me is that all it's getting in terms of games I'd want is either ports of games I played years ago, or ports of games that are also releasing on the PS4, where they run a hundred times better. Plus have the added bonus of trophies.

Until I start seeing some exclusive third-party games that actually look good, I'm not going to even consider spending money on a Switch. I have no interest in Breath of the Wild, SMO, XC2 or next year's Pokemon game.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
One of the biggest problems with the Switch for me is that all it's getting in terms of games I'd want is either ports of games I played years ago, or ports of games that are also releasing on the PS4, where they run a hundred times better. Plus have the added bonus of trophies.

Until I start seeing some exclusive third-party games that actually look good, I'm not going to even consider spending money on a Switch. I have no interest in Breath of the Wild, SMO, XC2 or next year's Pokemon game.
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268
Mega Man Bioshock 
I really like the switch! It's super cool! Not a big fan of when games force me to use motion control though.

I have Mario Odyssey (I found out at New Donk city, you can change the big Mario letters, to Moira [like Moira from Overwatch].. A really silly, but funny thing I found out recently).
I love Odyssey, not only is it my first Mario game, but it was just the platformer I needed! So fun, so fresh! I didn't get to the "dork" side of the moon yet, because I didn't.. don't judge me.. But I do have like 700 moons, because I wouldn't leave a place until I had almost all of them.
The music is great too, and it has so many good, fun levels.

I recently started Logond of Zoladia: Breads of the Wind! (Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild) [There's this youtuber I watch, who butchers the name every time he plays, so I wanted to keep the tradition. ]
It's really fun too, and I love exploring!

Ironically, both of these titles are my first ever games of the series. (Unless you count me playing LOZ Seasons for like T minus two biscuits, like 10 years ago)

I also have ARMs, I haven't played it yet, but it looks fun!

Some of my posts are satire, so don't take me too seriously! : P
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268 Mega Man Bioshock 
I really like the switch! It's super cool! Not a big fan of when games force me to use motion control though.

I have Mario Odyssey (I found out at New Donk city, you can change the big Mario letters, to Moira [like Moira from Overwatch].. A really silly, but funny thing I found out recently).
I love Odyssey, not only is it my first Mario game, but it was just the platformer I needed! So fun, so fresh! I didn't get to the "dork" side of the moon yet, because I didn't.. don't judge me.. But I do have like 700 moons, because I wouldn't leave a place until I had almost all of them.
The music is great too, and it has so many good, fun levels.

I recently started Logond of Zoladia: Breads of the Wind! (Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild) [There's this youtuber I watch, who butchers the name every time he plays, so I wanted to keep the tradition. ]
It's really fun too, and I love exploring!

Ironically, both of these titles are my first ever games of the series. (Unless you count me playing LOZ Seasons for like T minus two biscuits, like 10 years ago)

I also have ARMs, I haven't played it yet, but it looks fun!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Mario Odyssey so far is my favorite Mario platformer ever! I love it a lot more than Galaxy! Grin I'm glad your really enjoying it!

Zelda was okay, I love the story for the new game it so dark and interesting, and there plenty of challenge, but I have a few problems with it.
1. Lack of enemy variety
2. Gets kind of repetitive.

I think I prefer the story based Zelda over explorations Zelda.

Are you going to pick up Splatoon 2? Smile

I also really want to get ARMS, but I am hesitant cause its a fighting game!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Mario Odyssey so far is my favorite Mario platformer ever! I love it a lot more than Galaxy! Grin I'm glad your really enjoying it!

Zelda was okay, I love the story for the new game it so dark and interesting, and there plenty of challenge, but I have a few problems with it.
1. Lack of enemy variety
2. Gets kind of repetitive.

I think I prefer the story based Zelda over explorations Zelda.

Are you going to pick up Splatoon 2? Smile

I also really want to get ARMS, but I am hesitant cause its a fighting game!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,164
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I think the Switch is a really good system and is what the Wii U should have been. I don't know if I'd pay to play online with it though, just because the only game I've played online with it is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and that was only a few times. I'd need to have a game that I want to play online a lot just so I'm not spending money on a feature I'm not using.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,164 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I think the Switch is a really good system and is what the Wii U should have been. I don't know if I'd pay to play online with it though, just because the only game I've played online with it is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and that was only a few times. I'd need to have a game that I want to play online a lot just so I'm not spending money on a feature I'm not using.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jun 7th, 2018, 03:13 PM)Moonface Wrote:

That how I feel about online for the pS4 there just no game I can really see me playing online. Maybe Uncharted with you and Nikki or EL...but beside that I don't really have any multiplayer games.

I do want to mention this to you Moony. If you get Splatoon 2 you will want to get online play. Online play is essential to the fun of it. Without you just lost half the game. You can't even dress up your inkling or octoling cause there no way for you to gain cash.

I know it'll be worth it for me to get it cause Pokemon, Animal Crossing and of course Splatoon.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jun 7th, 2018, 03:13 PM)Moonface Wrote:

That how I feel about online for the pS4 there just no game I can really see me playing online. Maybe Uncharted with you and Nikki or EL...but beside that I don't really have any multiplayer games.

I do want to mention this to you Moony. If you get Splatoon 2 you will want to get online play. Online play is essential to the fun of it. Without you just lost half the game. You can't even dress up your inkling or octoling cause there no way for you to gain cash.

I know it'll be worth it for me to get it cause Pokemon, Animal Crossing and of course Splatoon.
Smokey Offline
Dreamcast Fanboy
Currently Playing
Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition
Favourite Platform(s)
Sega Dreamcast, Xbox Series X
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 2,160
My brother has a switch and he likes it. I've read up on the exploit and hack available for the first model of switches but we'll see how it evolves. If modding the Switch becomes easier/safer to do, I might attempt modding my brother's but untilt hat happens, i'm fine leaving it stock.

I just recently hacked my old PS3 pretty easily, glad I waited because it was really simple and the risk of bricking the console was so slow it wouldn't have bothered me if it did get bricked.
Smokey Offline
Dreamcast Fanboy
Currently Playing
Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition
Favourite Platform(s)
Sega Dreamcast, Xbox Series X
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 2,160
My brother has a switch and he likes it. I've read up on the exploit and hack available for the first model of switches but we'll see how it evolves. If modding the Switch becomes easier/safer to do, I might attempt modding my brother's but untilt hat happens, i'm fine leaving it stock.

I just recently hacked my old PS3 pretty easily, glad I waited because it was really simple and the risk of bricking the console was so slow it wouldn't have bothered me if it did get bricked.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jun 8th, 2018, 01:34 AM)Smokey Wrote:

Know this is a bit off topic, but what can you do with a hacked PS3 actually?  Hmm
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jun 8th, 2018, 01:34 AM)Smokey Wrote:

Know this is a bit off topic, but what can you do with a hacked PS3 actually?  Hmm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
PS3 talk in a Switch topic?! Noez! (even though I'm currently PS3>Switch)

Nintendo Switch seems like a good console, and agree that's what the Wii U should've been. I haven't bothered with either mainly due having a higher interest in PS4 and not wanting to fork out for two consoles. Plus I have a reason to remain tighter than ever, so I've got no idea when I will get a Switch. As much as I wanted to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Bomberman, and maybe a few others games, it hasn't been enough. Maybe with Smash Bros, but even then my outlook of getting the console remains to be bleak. Bah! Plus paying to play online. I was fine with PSN and I know all the current gen requires it, but I don't know how much I'll be willing to play online. My 3DS used to be free, but I no longer can play online, even before the announcement of Nintendo going down the line of paying for an online pass. Glad the Switch has the success it has now though.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
PS3 talk in a Switch topic?! Noez! (even though I'm currently PS3>Switch)

Nintendo Switch seems like a good console, and agree that's what the Wii U should've been. I haven't bothered with either mainly due having a higher interest in PS4 and not wanting to fork out for two consoles. Plus I have a reason to remain tighter than ever, so I've got no idea when I will get a Switch. As much as I wanted to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Bomberman, and maybe a few others games, it hasn't been enough. Maybe with Smash Bros, but even then my outlook of getting the console remains to be bleak. Bah! Plus paying to play online. I was fine with PSN and I know all the current gen requires it, but I don't know how much I'll be willing to play online. My 3DS used to be free, but I no longer can play online, even before the announcement of Nintendo going down the line of paying for an online pass. Glad the Switch has the success it has now though.
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Grandia HD, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232
Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
I got to play with the Switch a little while babysitting for a friend's kids a month or so ago. I'm far from being a Nintendo fan, and while I can't say I was overly impressed with it, what I did play was fairly enjoyable. It's definitely not a console I'd buy at present, primarily due to the low number of titles I'm interested in, and definitely not for the handheld mode. Using it as a handheld made me feel dizzy, which is odd considering I can use my Kindle, my Vita, and my 3DS without trouble. Unsure why that happened.

Unfortunately, the majority of the titles currently available that I would enjoy are those I've already played before. Rocket League, Dark Souls, DOOM, Stardew Valley, Payday 2, Darkest Dungeon... the list really does go on; these are games that I already played a year or more ago, and the upcoming titles that I've seen don't really look like my kind of thing, except maybe Octopath Traveler. And even then, buying a console for one game, lol.

Maybe when it gets cheaper, or more likely if they put out a Tides of Destiny-esque Rune Factory title. That would be a big draw to me.
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232 Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
I got to play with the Switch a little while babysitting for a friend's kids a month or so ago. I'm far from being a Nintendo fan, and while I can't say I was overly impressed with it, what I did play was fairly enjoyable. It's definitely not a console I'd buy at present, primarily due to the low number of titles I'm interested in, and definitely not for the handheld mode. Using it as a handheld made me feel dizzy, which is odd considering I can use my Kindle, my Vita, and my 3DS without trouble. Unsure why that happened.

Unfortunately, the majority of the titles currently available that I would enjoy are those I've already played before. Rocket League, Dark Souls, DOOM, Stardew Valley, Payday 2, Darkest Dungeon... the list really does go on; these are games that I already played a year or more ago, and the upcoming titles that I've seen don't really look like my kind of thing, except maybe Octopath Traveler. And even then, buying a console for one game, lol.

Maybe when it gets cheaper, or more likely if they put out a Tides of Destiny-esque Rune Factory title. That would be a big draw to me.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,164
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 19th, 2018, 03:28 AM)Kazan X. Lemuris Wrote:
Using it as a handheld made me feel dizzy, which is odd considering I can use my Kindle, my Vita, and my 3DS without trouble. Unsure why that happened.
What game were you playing? Maybe that contributed, although it would do the same on a TV wouldn't it? Not sure if a smaller screen might cause things a larger one wouldn't. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,164 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Using it as a handheld made me feel dizzy, which is odd considering I can use my Kindle, my Vita, and my 3DS without trouble. Unsure why that happened.
What game were you playing? Maybe that contributed, although it would do the same on a TV wouldn't it? Not sure if a smaller screen might cause things a larger one wouldn't. XD
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232
Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
(Jun 22nd, 2018, 11:49 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Yooka-Laylee. After ten minutes or so I started feeling unwell. Maybe just because of the bright colours, but I doubt it since it was fine once I switched to the full TV mode.

Of course it's very rare I travel anywhere that gives me free time with my hands so using it as a portable console would be useless anyway.
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232 Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
(Jun 22nd, 2018, 11:49 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Yooka-Laylee. After ten minutes or so I started feeling unwell. Maybe just because of the bright colours, but I doubt it since it was fine once I switched to the full TV mode.

Of course it's very rare I travel anywhere that gives me free time with my hands so using it as a portable console would be useless anyway.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Services for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U to be Discontinued Moonface 5 372 Mar 21st, 2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Game Boy (Advance) – Nintendo Switch Online Library | MAR10 Day Additions Moonface 16 1,742 Mar 14th, 2024, 03:30 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Nintendo Switch's Successor Moonface 7 723 Sep 7th, 2023, 02:22 AM
  N64 and Genesis – Nintendo Switch Online Library Moonface 19 2,380 Apr 7th, 2023, 10:32 PM
  Nintendo Switch is 5 Years Old Today Moonface 6 1,819 Mar 7th, 2022, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord