Universal Chat Thread
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
@PM: That's some fine picture, my friend Grin

And sorry you had to do all that for free. That's the downside to being knowledgeable, I guess Tongue
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
@PM: That's some fine picture, my friend Grin

And sorry you had to do all that for free. That's the downside to being knowledgeable, I guess Tongue
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
My bother when he got his GTX 1070Ti didn't bother to check to see if it would fit in his case, surprise surprise it didn't.
So he bought a new case I hate motherboards and their screws.

At lease this time it didn't blow up but I can't get any video output right now with both the gpu and the motherboard.

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
My bother when he got his GTX 1070Ti didn't bother to check to see if it would fit in his case, surprise surprise it didn't.
So he bought a new case I hate motherboards and their screws.

At lease this time it didn't blow up but I can't get any video output right now with both the gpu and the motherboard.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Good luck, PM. Yeah, knowing stuff tends to get others around you to rely on your expertise. Not too bad of a thing, but like you mentioned, would've been good if it was a job that would pay. XD 

Went volunteering today and got to do water vole surveying. Haven't done that since 2015, and always wanted to do that again. Even if today's had it's  quite extreme down sides. Reeds making it hard to find latrines and feeding stations, stinging nettles and insect bites. Poor guy I was with got swarmed by giant ants, so I helped bat them off. I had a few too going at me. Both of our arms got stung and bitten like hell. Took an allergy pill soon after, then later on put some cream on. Red arms for a while, but recovering well now. Was a good session, and glad it was only an hour or so of work. We finished quicker than we thought too. The Wednesday count (I wasn't a part of it) was an estimate of 80 after the formula, and we had plenty of recorded evidence today too. So we should in theory have plenty of voles about in our nature. ^_^ Still would do this again, need to take gloves next time though. My hands were fine, but would've avoided a bit more nettles that way.

Watched England vs Panama today. No clue what Panama were up to, playing so poorly in the first half. We got 5 goals off them, two were penalties as they were more interested in shoving our players over than focusing on the ball. As much as that's "allowed" on the playground and funny to watch, here there's consequences so they got paid in full. Second half they played better, even scored a goal with the final score being 6-1. If they played like that in the second half when they wanted that goal all game, probably would've been 3-2. Well done to Kane for his hat-trick. I bet after the goal from Panama, both teams were half-arsing it. I expect England was after Kane's third goal (which was before the Panama goal). LOL I felt no excitement from watching though. Not even the first goal got me interested. Although was finding Panama's first half funny.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Good luck, PM. Yeah, knowing stuff tends to get others around you to rely on your expertise. Not too bad of a thing, but like you mentioned, would've been good if it was a job that would pay. XD 

Went volunteering today and got to do water vole surveying. Haven't done that since 2015, and always wanted to do that again. Even if today's had it's  quite extreme down sides. Reeds making it hard to find latrines and feeding stations, stinging nettles and insect bites. Poor guy I was with got swarmed by giant ants, so I helped bat them off. I had a few too going at me. Both of our arms got stung and bitten like hell. Took an allergy pill soon after, then later on put some cream on. Red arms for a while, but recovering well now. Was a good session, and glad it was only an hour or so of work. We finished quicker than we thought too. The Wednesday count (I wasn't a part of it) was an estimate of 80 after the formula, and we had plenty of recorded evidence today too. So we should in theory have plenty of voles about in our nature. ^_^ Still would do this again, need to take gloves next time though. My hands were fine, but would've avoided a bit more nettles that way.

Watched England vs Panama today. No clue what Panama were up to, playing so poorly in the first half. We got 5 goals off them, two were penalties as they were more interested in shoving our players over than focusing on the ball. As much as that's "allowed" on the playground and funny to watch, here there's consequences so they got paid in full. Second half they played better, even scored a goal with the final score being 6-1. If they played like that in the second half when they wanted that goal all game, probably would've been 3-2. Well done to Kane for his hat-trick. I bet after the goal from Panama, both teams were half-arsing it. I expect England was after Kane's third goal (which was before the Panama goal). LOL I felt no excitement from watching though. Not even the first goal got me interested. Although was finding Panama's first half funny.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jun 24th, 2018, 05:30 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

So my theory is now that because it is a micro ATX motherboard and everything is cramped in (I really wish they would make a budget full size ATX board that is to the tech specs of micro ATX so I actually had room to work).

the 1070ti my brother got is too large to actually fit in to the pci express slot as there are cables connected to the board under it.

Looks like A pci-e extention cable is in his future.

My next Desktop is just going to be built on a test bench <_<

Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jun 24th, 2018, 05:30 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

So my theory is now that because it is a micro ATX motherboard and everything is cramped in (I really wish they would make a budget full size ATX board that is to the tech specs of micro ATX so I actually had room to work).

the 1070ti my brother got is too large to actually fit in to the pci express slot as there are cables connected to the board under it.

Looks like A pci-e extention cable is in his future.

My next Desktop is just going to be built on a test bench <_<
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So while I was at Target today, I discovered this exists: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daphne_%26_Velma
I can't believe they still make live action Scooby-Doo movies. Who even watches these?! XD

Also went to Toys R Us to see if they had anything good there before they all shut for good this coming Friday, but they didn't. They just had random stuff left that clearly nobody wants to have even if you were giving it away.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So while I was at Target today, I discovered this exists: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daphne_%26_Velma
I can't believe they still make live action Scooby-Doo movies. Who even watches these?! XD

Also went to Toys R Us to see if they had anything good there before they all shut for good this coming Friday, but they didn't. They just had random stuff left that clearly nobody wants to have even if you were giving it away.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Jun 24th, 2018, 09:24 PM)Moonface Wrote:

They've become one of those straight to DVD series, so that tells you how bad they are. Just another one of those series that they have to try and continue to milk instead of letting die. Like Saw or The Purge, among many others.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Jun 24th, 2018, 09:24 PM)Moonface Wrote:

They've become one of those straight to DVD series, so that tells you how bad they are. Just another one of those series that they have to try and continue to milk instead of letting die. Like Saw or The Purge, among many others.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think it went straight to DVD after the second live action movie, of which the one I mentioned is the 5th. The one before that was in 2010, so clearly there wasn't any demand for this. I watched a trailer for it and that two minutes alone managed to seemingly shit all over the established canon of Scooby Doo. Eh

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think it went straight to DVD after the second live action movie, of which the one I mentioned is the 5th. The one before that was in 2010, so clearly there wasn't any demand for this. I watched a trailer for it and that two minutes alone managed to seemingly shit all over the established canon of Scooby Doo. Eh
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'm assuming the one you linked is just them trying to cash in on the whole "woman power" thing that's been going on the last couple of years. Kind of like how they had to make the new Ghost Busters a female cast instead. Gotta make a Scooby-Doo movie showcasing that Daphne and Velma don't need the men of the group in order to solve a mystery.

Though I'm sure it'll end up like the new Ghost Busters, where instead of showcasing strong, independent female leads, instead the characters are really stupid and just make women look bad.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'm assuming the one you linked is just them trying to cash in on the whole "woman power" thing that's been going on the last couple of years. Kind of like how they had to make the new Ghost Busters a female cast instead. Gotta make a Scooby-Doo movie showcasing that Daphne and Velma don't need the men of the group in order to solve a mystery.

Though I'm sure it'll end up like the new Ghost Busters, where instead of showcasing strong, independent female leads, instead the characters are really stupid and just make women look bad.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The trailer made them seem stupid with how the acted, but the box art at Target was making them both out to be strong and smart, something with Daphne never really has been portrayed as until the live action movies took place, but at least for that they made it a reasonable plot point that she was sick of being the kidnapped one so learned self defense (something she would not know anything about in the movie with her and Velma as it takes place before all of that). So yeah, probably some cash grab based on girl power rather than anything with actual substance to it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The trailer made them seem stupid with how the acted, but the box art at Target was making them both out to be strong and smart, something with Daphne never really has been portrayed as until the live action movies took place, but at least for that they made it a reasonable plot point that she was sick of being the kidnapped one so learned self defense (something she would not know anything about in the movie with her and Velma as it takes place before all of that). So yeah, probably some cash grab based on girl power rather than anything with actual substance to it.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jun 24th, 2018, 10:36 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

And then cry "sexism" when people say it was bad, or in the case of Ghost Busters even before it was release.

In the promos it looked like Bill Murry wanted to kill him self over it, (he had controlling rights over yay/nay of future Ghost Busters movies and Sony threaten to black ball him/sue him if he said no to the past movie from what I have read when the Sony Email leak happened).

Also Scooby Doo spin offs never work, no one bloody liked Scrappy...

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jun 24th, 2018, 10:36 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

And then cry "sexism" when people say it was bad, or in the case of Ghost Busters even before it was release.

In the promos it looked like Bill Murry wanted to kill him self over it, (he had controlling rights over yay/nay of future Ghost Busters movies and Sony threaten to black ball him/sue him if he said no to the past movie from what I have read when the Sony Email leak happened).

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 24th, 2018, 11:29 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
I liked him in the first live-action Scooby Doo movie because he was treated like dirt and got defeated as the villain of that movie to be never seen again. Even Hanna-Barbera regretted putting Scrappy into the show, ever since the first episode with him in it aired.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 24th, 2018, 11:29 PM)percussive maintenance Wrote:
I liked him in the first live-action Scooby Doo movie because he was treated like dirt and got defeated as the villain of that movie to be never seen again. Even Hanna-Barbera regretted putting Scrappy into the show, ever since the first episode with him in it aired.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Brilliantly played, world-class match between Germany and Sweden the other day.

That's how you do it! Do-or-die!
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Brilliantly played, world-class match between Germany and Sweden the other day.

That's how you do it! Do-or-die!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I heard that was a good match. Didn't get to see it though. I did see Argentina vs. Croatia and when this wonderful moment of regret happened: https://www.reddit.com/r/instant_regret/...nt_regret/

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I heard that was a good match. Didn't get to see it though. I did see Argentina vs. Croatia and when this wonderful moment of regret happened: https://www.reddit.com/r/instant_regret/...nt_regret/
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Jun 25th, 2018, 01:35 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Everyone is jumping on the goalie for that one, but really... you have to be one hell of a player to score from that play. Kudos to the Croatian player for being so sharp.

But yes, poor Caballero. He's lost the starter role because of it.

Also, Senegal vs Japan. Another amazing one... with errors, sure, but also incredible skill.

I predict Engalnd to be a finalist... probably against Spain.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Jun 25th, 2018, 01:35 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Everyone is jumping on the goalie for that one, but really... you have to be one hell of a player to score from that play. Kudos to the Croatian player for being so sharp.

But yes, poor Caballero. He's lost the starter role because of it.

Also, Senegal vs Japan. Another amazing one... with errors, sure, but also incredible skill.

I predict Engalnd to be a finalist... probably against Spain.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It's been best to watch the World Cup on Telemundo, also known as the only real way to watch soccer. Spanish-speaking commentators are just on another level of entertainment XD

Wedding stuff is nearly all in place at this point, what with being about 3 months out? Little nerve-racking, mostly because I've now brought up the idea of a "bridal party dance" to my bridesmaids because it was an option the DJ had on his list, and while I am in love with the idea of doing a stupid choreographed dance, in front of everyone I know is gonna be something else... x.x
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It's been best to watch the World Cup on Telemundo, also known as the only real way to watch soccer. Spanish-speaking commentators are just on another level of entertainment XD

Wedding stuff is nearly all in place at this point, what with being about 3 months out? Little nerve-racking, mostly because I've now brought up the idea of a "bridal party dance" to my bridesmaids because it was an option the DJ had on his list, and while I am in love with the idea of doing a stupid choreographed dance, in front of everyone I know is gonna be something else... x.x

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 239 43,473 Today, 03:28 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 21,526 Yesterday, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,180 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 49,039 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 41,697 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM